Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 5, 11:44 AM
Jul 2023
I am watching this series after playing the game and i am enjoying it. I heard that people had complain with its CGI. I want to know, what was wrong with it? I mean there are some scenes in which animation can't fill the gap or to make them more better, CGI is used. The CGI used here is much better than most of the anime. The animation is also good. The use of CGI in fight scenes made the fights more better. I don't see a reason to hate CGI that much. I know animation has its own place but CGI was not bad here either. The story is engaging for both, new watchers and gamers. So i don't see any reason to hate this anime or it's CGI
Mar 5, 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
anime fans hates any 3DCG just look at the scores of any 3DCG anime here on this site
Mar 5, 11:52 AM
Jul 2023
deg said:
anime fans hates any 3DCG just look at the scores of any 3DCG anime here on this site

So it's just a psychology, huh. Anyways, if 3DCG makes anime better then most welcome but sometimes it doesn't and i haven't encountered any scene like this in nier automata anime. I am at 11 episode. If it is ruining anime then you should hate it but in nier automata case, it's just like cherry on cake for at least gamers.
Mar 5, 11:57 AM

Jan 2017
Otaku_guru said:
The story is engaging for both, new watchers and gamers.

Not really.

I know some people who watched it without having played the Games, and they were totally lost. There is just way too many lore and explanations that is simply absent of the Anime. And as someone who played Nier:Automata, and know of some parts of Drakengard and Replicant, it just felt like a boring re-telling, with the action set in cinematic.

As for the ones not liking it because of CGI, they are actually not that many. You can read the reviews to see what other users think of the Anime.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 5, 12:20 PM
Nov 2015
But it has rating of 7.51. It's not bad by any means. I thought it was pretty good adaptation (and I LOVE the game).
Mar 5, 12:36 PM
Jun 2020
Too many delays. It ruined the experience. You will see something similar with Solo Leveling.
Mar 5, 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
Haters had to stop at one frame and zoom in to complain about a model, that is on screen for like 1,5 second.

Mar 5, 1:47 PM
Nov 2023
It got a lot of hate? I’m a big fan of Yoko Taro’s material and thought the anime did just fine as far as story etc. I think I gave it a 7. I enjoyed it for what it was. I hope they do more.

Maybe people expected a 1:1 Automata adaptation, but if they did expect that and that’s the reason why they hate on it then they weren’t really doing a great job of following info on it before its release.

There were interviews I remember where they even flatly stated that it would be boring if the anime was an exact replica of events we already saw in the game and knew the conclusion of. I liked the spin they put on it personally.

As far as the delays go, they were far from the only company (and in more than just the anime industry) that had production delays and timeline issues during COVID so they deserved some leniency there. People should have taken that into consideration on top of how much work anime production already is to begin with. I don’t know, maybe I’m just more understanding or something as far as that end of things goes (my work had similar things it went through during that time).
Mar 5, 2:13 PM
Apr 2021
did it even get hate? i watched it all while it was airing and didnt notice, some eps were delayed by like 2 months cause covid there is that but hate hate for the show i never saw it
Mar 5, 2:14 PM
Apr 2021
Piromysl said:
Haters had to stop at one frame and zoom in to complain about a model, that is on screen for like 1,5 second.

im actually curious, wat frame was it?
Mar 5, 3:52 PM
Nov 2023
deg said:

It’s so strange how much weight this has for a lot of people. For me it’s really just a preference. Do I prefer it not be? Sure. Does it ruin a show if it does have it? Not necessarily. Depends on everything else
Mar 5, 4:14 PM

Dec 2020
Cause people just love to shit on CGI for what ever reason. I never had a problem with it myself, I just found the adaptation itself to be very lackluster.
Mar 5, 6:15 PM
Jul 2019
I used to hate CGI my self a few years back but when implemented well it looks quite good I think people just psychologically see it as bad even when it's good they don't stop and try to see how good it is and just rule it out has "bad animation"
Mar 6, 3:26 AM
Apr 2018
I don't really think anyone would seriously complain about CGI nowadays unless it's at the level of... idk. Ex-Arm? The only reasonable complain that occurs to me it's the hiatus that suffered near the end but that wasn't even their fault, it was Aniplex.
Mar 6, 4:08 AM
May 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Otaku_guru said:
The story is engaging for both, new watchers and gamers.

Not really.

I know some people who watched it without having played the Games, and they were totally lost. There is just way too many lore and explanations that is simply absent of the Anime. And as someone who played Nier:Automata, and know of some parts of Drakengard and Replicant, it just felt like a boring re-telling, with the action set in cinematic.

As for the ones not liking it because of CGI, they are actually not that many. You can read the reviews to see what other users think of the Anime.

I can agree with the complaints about the lore, I too was a bit confused sometimes. I never played the games and this anime seems to have been made with the idea that the viewers would have played it or have some knowledge about it.
That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And they made a video on Youtube explaining the world and the plot until episode 8 (where the delay happen) and that explains very well what are the robots, what happen to the humans and what we are watching on screen.
Mar 6, 4:09 AM

May 2014
I didn't hate the show, but I dropped it since it just wasn't doing anything special and it was a little boring hanging with the resistance crew. The game is just the better experience. I'd be all for an anime adaptation of Nier though, since I didn't enjoy the gameplay of that one as much it'd probably work better as an anime.
Mar 6, 11:25 AM
Nov 2023
I watched it with no knowledge of the games whatsoever and found it well written and animated. There was no confusion, the plot wasn’t hard to follow, the CGI wasn’t ugly, and the build up towards the end was excellent. I have no complaints.
Mar 11, 6:25 AM
Aug 2021
It Did Get Some Hate Cause The CGI Which Wasn't Bad, Not At All, There Are Terrible CGI In Anime And This Isn't One Of Them, In Here...It Just Looked Very Game Graphics-Like Which As A Gamer...Really Liked
Great Anime, Loved It, Cannot Wait For Season 2
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
May 2022
RegexShinobi said:
deg said:

It’s so strange how much weight this has for a lot of people. For me it’s really just a preference. Do I prefer it not be? Sure. Does it ruin a show if it does have it? Not necessarily. Depends on everything else

Hello fellow Steins;Gate fan.
11 hours ago
Nov 2023
NoUsername09 said:
RegexShinobi said:

Hello fellow Steins;Gate fan.

Ah must be a fellow intellectual Dr. P enjoyer

More topics from this board

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Embient - Jul 23, 2023

112 by SettyLove »»
May 16, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Are you an Anime-only or Player of the game?

Rob7 - Apr 27

16 by Kirito_Sama_ »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

105 by Rob7 »»
Apr 26, 9:05 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

467 by GustavoMizobu »»
Feb 20, 3:09 AM

» Should I play Nier replicant too before starting series?

Otaku_guru - Feb 11

7 by Otaku_guru »»
Feb 14, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.