Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 2, 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
I was sure that this is going to be the best the drama even if it loses aoty but attack on Titan took that

I am myself a big fan of jjk but no way it deserves aoty for the hidden inventory arc alone and how TF did jjk op 1 won over oshi no ko
Mar 2, 5:06 AM

Jan 2009
"i have no awards" - thorfinn
degMar 3, 7:04 AM
Mar 2, 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Crunchyroll awards are a contest of Popularity, JJK is Extreme popular that's why.

Plus these awards are basically just for shit and giggles lmao.
Mar 2, 5:12 AM
Jul 2022
Disappointment is immeasurable and day is ruined
Mar 2, 5:18 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
This is nothing to be surprised about, it’s best to know the outcome before the awards even come around cuz it’s painfully obvious it’s just popularity. If Jjk Demon Slayer and AoT were nominated in best original, romance, and slice of life, they’d win because that’s what the general public knows, even tho the nominations would make no damn sense.
Mar 2, 5:20 AM

Jul 2022
Not just Vinland Saga, but many anime more deserving than freaking JJK. I was satisfies with literally only 2 winners.
Mar 2, 5:23 AM
May 2016
I don't know how someone can be so sure about the best drama. SnK was definitely unexpected, but even without that Oshi no Ko was another possible winner there.
Mar 2, 5:34 AM
Oct 2022
Jjk just robbed all awords.
Mar 2, 5:44 AM
Jan 2024
JJK is a good anime but it's too overrated, i expected Vinland Saga to win at least one award, considering that JJK won 5 awards...
Mar 2, 6:01 AM

Jul 2021
Demon slayer won best animation and best fantasy. There is nothing to be disappointed about, I’m looking forward to more vinland saga content, not this crap
Mar 2, 6:04 AM

May 2009
Who cares about these dogshit awards?
Mar 2, 6:43 AM
Aug 2022
This the first time I acc got invested into these awards. Everyone called them dog shit but nah I didn't wanna listen. This is just a popularity contest and Vinland Saga was robbed of AOTY and Best Protag simply because the other shows were way more popular. It's so annoying. Somehow DS won something this year as well. Eminence in Shadow didn't even get nominated. The awards are stupid they don't matter.
HeSaidAriseMar 2, 6:59 AM
Mar 2, 6:47 AM
Jun 2016
this season was not much of an anime. i loved it. but the only part that was real animation in this show was the fight scenes, nothing more. Apart from that, it was just VA speaking their dialogues and the OST ( phenomenal ost ). jjk won the aoty was fair coz each episode was full of some gr8 quality ANIMATION.
Mar 2, 8:01 AM

Jan 2016
At least he won the IGN awards, which are at least more credible
Mar 2, 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
it was boring to me so...

Well...
Mar 2, 8:41 AM
Nov 2023
AMAN2410 said:
this season was not much of an anime. i loved it. but the only part that was real animation in this show was the fight scenes, nothing more. Apart from that, it was just VA speaking their dialogues and the OST ( phenomenal ost ). jjk won the aoty was fair coz each episode was full of some gr8 quality ANIMATION.

"VA speaking their dialogue" almost like this is a drama show which concentrates on the development of the MC
Mar 2, 8:44 AM
Mar 2021
AMAN2410 said:

bro the shibhuya incident is not even included this year, it was only the first few episodes ( the gojo's past ) it was far from anime of the year

if the shibhuya incident was included I won't even complain about it being anime of the year
Mar 2, 8:45 AM
Nov 2020
Once again, Crunchyroll awards are just garbage popularity contests.
Mar 2, 8:59 AM
Dec 2021
crunchyroll awards should be boycotted
Mar 2, 9:32 AM
Oct 2016
Lost in a popularity content award. So the best ones not winning is not surprising. The anime award is trying to become like The Game Awards but much worse and it should be boycotted to oblivion.
Mar 2, 10:07 AM
Jun 2016
Khushal_v said:
AMAN2410 said:

bro the shibhuya incident is not even included this year, it was only the first few episodes ( the gojo's past ) it was far from anime of the year

if the shibhuya incident was included I won't even complain about it being anime of the year

is that so ?? i thought they took the whole season 2 in consideration. if not than jjk s2 part 1 was not that interesting. but still it was much more of an anime than vinland saga. I'm talking about the animation part. u have to agree vinland saga didn't have that much animation compared to jjk. i liked the vinland opening and ending more than jjk though.
Mar 2, 10:10 AM
Jun 2016
ZeStark said:
AMAN2410 said:

"VA speaking their dialogue" almost like this is a drama show which concentrates on the development of the MC

I'm talking about the animation, not the plot.
the animation of vinland saga does not provide something extra to the series but it does for jjk. best drama maybe but than again its about the animation, and clearly aot had much more of it.
u have to consider the factor of animation here not the story or characters but the motion of the scene and characters. u have to agree that the effort of animating jjk aot or demon slayer is very much more than animating vinland.
Mar 2, 10:56 AM
Sep 2023
AMAN2410 said:
ZeStark said:

the animation of vinland saga does not provide something extra to the series but it does for jjk. best drama maybe but than again its about the animation, and clearly aot had much more of it.
u have to consider the factor of animation here not the story or characters but the motion of the scene and characters. u have to agree that the effort of animating jjk aot or demon slayer is very much more than animating vinland.

Buddy let’s talk about the Oscar’s for an example. Yes I agree that all awards in the world are a popularity contest but no movie with action has won and Oscar in years if not ever. Even though Vinland saga didn’t have the best fighting animation because it didn’t have any fights the story is better than any anime I’ve seen. Jjk I love it but after a while I was tired of watching just fights and no story at all!! I’m a huge jjk fan but I got to give credit to Vinland saga.
Mar 2, 12:00 PM
Dec 2022
Popularity contest. I couldn't care less. It's so annoying. Tf.
Mar 2, 12:52 PM
Apr 2023
"I have no awards"😔
Mar 2, 1:04 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to AbeerJaved
Disappointment is immeasurable and day is ruined
@AbeerJaved Don't take Crunchyroll awards seriously. This is just a popularity contest.
Mar 2, 1:06 PM

Oct 2020
AMAN2410 said:
ZeStark said:

Bruh there is a separate award for that which is called Best Animation.
AOTY should be given to the best series in the Anime medium which was Vinland Saga S2 and definitely not a few episodes of JJK S2
Mar 2, 1:17 PM
Dec 2022
Crunchyroll awards don’t matter it’s just a popularity contest. Jujutsu Kaisen is also gonna win most awards next year for the Shibuya Arc
Mar 2, 1:19 PM
Oct 2021
I have no interested on that Stupid Anime Awards anymore but Vinland Saga deserves better even won a single award.
Mar 2, 10:03 PM
Jul 2017
so unfair... I love somuch :(
Mar 2, 10:19 PM
Jul 2021
Vinland Saga is literally Better call Saul of anime
Mar 2, 10:32 PM
Jun 2021
we have no enemies
Mar 3, 7:01 AM

Jun 2021
Awards are never the actual sentiments of people. It's just some random people voting and you obviously get an outcome, which at least half the people disagree upon.
I mean I didn't vote, most people didn't, so naturally we shouldn't worry about our favorite shows not winning stuff. What's good is good, regardless of some award show
Mar 3, 9:01 AM

Sep 2007
That's how it rolls since its very first edition.
Just check how many categories Yuri on Ice got.
Mar 4, 11:43 AM
Feb 2019
This is funny as it just won r/anime public selection.
It'll be funnier if it wins Anime Trending AOTY as well.
.-.
Mar 4, 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
I wonder how many people that much rustled about Vinland Saga S2 not getting any awards actually voted for it, lol. Crunchyroll Anime Awards in an event that works like popularity contest. People vote for a nominated show, and the second season of Vinland Saga was nominated in several categories.

I don't care much about popularity contests and its awards, but come on. If someone wasn't invested before, why getting mad right now? I understand folks who voted becoming upset because of the result contrary to their expectations, but if someone didn't give a damn about the voting in the first place, then why be so angry about that contest, or other people who participated in it?
Mar 19, 11:33 AM
Jul 2022
ZXEAN said:
@AbeerJaved Don't take Crunchyroll awards seriously. This is just a popularity contest.

Yeah ik but its still frustrating
Mar 20, 12:19 PM

May 2020
Vinland saga fans might get mad but i prefer Romeo no Aoi Sora over this overrated season tbh. It is overall much more compacted anime but chidish one.

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Yesterday

32 by Katkenkay »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

195 by Loli_Ancap »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

486 by dhell26 »»
Apr 26, 9:00 PM

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.