Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2022 4:29 AM

Oct 2019
the score is lower, generally people talk about it less, and I myself don't have as much fun watching it.

but I can't exactly point out what has gotten worse.

My best guess is on it being a mix of getting a little repetitive and the episodes themselves having less interesting conflicts.

but I want to know what you think the reason is.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2022 4:35 AM

Feb 2021
Kinda feels like filler eps imo
Dec 21, 2022 4:37 AM
Sep 2022
Nothing, it’s just that it gets foreshadowed by a lot of great things
Dec 21, 2022 4:39 AM

Nov 2019
They are the same recyclable ideas and tactics biding time from the first cour (and their world is still burning.)
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 21, 2022 4:39 AM
Nov 2022
This part started out extremely well but towards the middle episodes the simple, insignificant plots were just stretched too much which made it feel less interesting. However the last 4-5 episodes have rectified this error and are quite good.
Dec 21, 2022 4:44 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
The reason is simple, nobody hypes for this seasonal Anime anymore.
Dec 21, 2022 4:45 AM

Oct 2021
The anime-original content in some parts of some episodes was not that good.
Dec 21, 2022 4:51 AM
Aug 2021
I haven’t enjoyed it as much as the first part either but it’s still pretty fun and very wholesome. I think the problem this season is it’s competition, this was always going to be a loaded fall season so it’s been tough for a weaker Spy Family half to compete. Again, I think it’s weaker but still good.
Dec 21, 2022 4:52 AM

Oct 2019
I don't think this part is weaker, but the formula has lost the freshness and impact because you are used to it
Dec 21, 2022 4:54 AM
Apr 2021
Lack of hype and repetitiveness
Aug 2021
we need more info about war! Also maybe a timeskip?

May 2020
Some anime filler stuff are bad like the Franky code one!!!

Not to mention,
Bocchi & Mob Psycho are simply much better than this one!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 21, 2022 4:55 AM
Apr 2020
It nothing but fillers, we didn’t go forward with the plot. It doesn’t mean this course wasn’t good tho
Dec 21, 2022 4:57 AM
Jan 2020
I personally like it as much. Some episodes are weaker but overall it's more or less the same to me. Fiona was also a great introduction to the series
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Dec 21, 2022 5:00 AM

Oct 2021
The first part really held that momentum to get a 9+ score for a while due to the introduction of the series being so strong and captivating. Seeing Loid and Yor meet, start their relationship, and anya's role in it, was just amazing. That "marriage proposal" scene was one of the most unique proposals in anime. It started off so strong just to move onto it's actual focus of family comedy and slice of life, which is where the show began dropping, because most people expected mystery and action over comedy and sol.

Now in the second part, that distinction is clearer than ever. There's barely any action, no crazy thrilling dangerous spy missions or assassinations, but pure comedy sol. Many episodes' stories are stretched out and it feels like filler. I even stopped watching it weekly to binge when it finishes airing.
Based on the hype it generated, the show will still be successful for it's future seasons now that it's gained a dedicated audience. SxF is definitely not bad, but it's not worth that 9+ mal rating that the anime used to have.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dec 21, 2022 5:03 AM

Apr 2022
Nmasih8193 said:
Nothing, it’s just that it gets foreshadowed by a lot of great things

believe you meant overshadowed
Dec 21, 2022 5:12 AM

Sep 2020
The rating is not low enough if we're being honest. It's just boring and I'm like 4 episodes behind on account of how boring it is.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 21, 2022 5:15 AM
Sep 2020
The pacing is already bit slow in manga but the way the anime rearanged and padded some of the chapters made it lot worse

Also there supposed to be this one crazy chapter which could maintain the momentum but somehow they didn't adapt it
Dec 21, 2022 5:21 AM

Jan 2021
The formula somehow worked before, but it's honestly just stale now.
Dec 21, 2022 5:29 AM

Apr 2019
Just like you said it has gotten repetitive. This show was great in the first season as the humour and the characters were still fresh but this season didn't do anything to progress any of the characters in any meaningful manner and instead decided to repeat the same old jokes again and again. This is something most comedy anime deal with and Spy x Family is no exception.

The author of Spy x Family seems too afraid to change the status quo in his story to me. He is in his comfort zone with this story and doesn't wanna try something different or new with these characters. That is the reason this season feels worse than the first.

I have heard the manga gets better eventually so let's just hope that the manga readers are right and this show turns good once again.
Dec 21, 2022 5:31 AM
Dec 2019
For a comedy series, it’s not all that funny this time round, it was then it became meh, they tease with romance snd that’s really annoying, Anya being an idiot really isn’t appealing anymore, yeah she’s younger than the other cast members but that doesn’t really matter, there’s stiff competition this season, it was fresh and new so competition wasn’t a problem before, now it is, I like it don’t get me wrong but it’s not as good as it was in part 1 which is why it’s gonna flop, probably, not 10, that’s all I gotta say.
Dec 21, 2022 5:41 AM
Feb 2022
I feel like we didn't have much quality time with the forgers. Most of this season feels like we see them doing something not important, fillers if you like, and the bond we have with each character or the bond between them gets weaker. At least for me that is it, i am not quite attached to the family, or the doggo at all, and i am waiting for something to happen. But now there is one episode left. The last few were nice tho, don't dislike it.
Dec 21, 2022 5:53 AM
Nov 2020
This part of the anime has a lot of SoL elements which can feel like filler but also help us get used to the characters. All I can say is when the anime reaches Yor's assassination missions, Loid's past and the current plot in the manga with the bus hijacking which has great action and character growth. I'll be that guy and say I've read the manga and it'll definitely get better in future seasons.
Dec 21, 2022 5:53 AM

Feb 2010
I wouldn't say "weaker " I think it's just stuck between the bonkers intro arc and the arcs where we dive deeper into the seriousness of their universe so a series of fun to read biweekly stories feel like they have nothing breaking them up from each other in this format
Dec 21, 2022 6:10 AM

Aug 2022
The pacing feels weird. And the entertainment value dropped down imo. And 2 episodes for a tennis match?? The dog is unnecessary and less screen time for the main family.
Dec 21, 2022 6:12 AM
Feb 2021
Diazucho said:
I don't think this part is weaker, but the formula has lost the freshness and impact because you are used to it

true, you get used to the things that Initially made it great and stand out
Dec 21, 2022 6:14 AM
Jul 2021
Apolygon2 said:
the score is lower, generally people talk about it less, and I myself don't have as much fun watching it.

My best guess is on it being a mix of getting a little repetitive and the episodes themselves having less interesting conflicts.

ikr, something about it has made it seem a bit more meh this season. Maybe it’s because other seasonals have over shadowed it? I also think this season has felt like it’s been filler.
Dec 21, 2022 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
Personally didn't feel it was weaker. It was the same tbh. And I would love to see more. This time Yor had needed more screen time to develop her more. Otherwise It's solid fun.
Dec 21, 2022 6:50 AM
Dec 2022
There is a rather concrete and unanimous critique of tempo slow down. An opinion with which I’m totally in line.
Dec 21, 2022 7:11 AM
Apr 2022
Apolygon2 said:

well i also think you are correct but the most important factor is time. in my opinion it was released way to close to the first part and also the season was stacked.
Dec 21, 2022 7:20 AM
Jul 2022
Handlers episode hands ✋ down this part does injustice to the manga and mangaka
Dec 21, 2022 7:51 AM
Dec 2021
Jokes on you I love this cour 10/10 for me
Dec 21, 2022 7:53 AM
Jun 2022
Yea this part was alot weaker. That episode with the kids singing to that other kid was straight up the worst episode i have seen this entire season of anime. Yor is starting to get boring with her only 3 shticks being shy, bad cook, and violent. Also, alot of episodes in the middle feel pointless. I will admit the tennis episodes were alot of fun
Dec 21, 2022 8:11 AM

Nov 2018
just a lot of the same with not many new ideas
Dec 21, 2022 8:28 AM
Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:

The reason is that after a year of living together, Yor is still a clueless moron. 2 attractive young adults, living together & raising a child, & they never have a moment? Never have a real conversation? Suspension of disbelief is necessary in many anime; but, this is just stupid & lame.
Dec 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Aug 2020
In my view, it is the same qualitywise. Its hype got low and my other seasonals took the spotlight.
Dec 21, 2022 8:56 AM

Dec 2021
Both cours are same quality wise. It's just we got used to the whole idea of "spy" and "family".

Cour 1 was the hyped part where people spammed 10/10 to make it a worthy seasonsal competitor of Kaguya-Sama after the epic failure of two other most hyped seasonals Shikimori and Sheild Hero S2. But here cour 2 was simply overshadowed by Bocchi, CSM, mob, bleach.
Dec 21, 2022 9:30 AM
Apr 2020
I don’t think the part is weaker tbh. I think it’s a law of diminishing returns thing. It’s not “new” and “fresh” to people so they don’t think as highly of it. The animation, sound track, pacing, basically everything is the same quality. It just feels same-y because they took a break, came back, and people had these expectations that led to it not hitting as hard. At least imo.
Dec 21, 2022 9:39 AM
Aug 2022
I’m glad someone is talking about this, I’ve mentioned how this anime is kinda bad now and people have said that this part is still good and I’m wrong. They say I’m wrong, and I can’t point out the reason it’s bad either.
Dec 21, 2022 9:46 AM
May 2017
It simply doesn't have as much interesting arcs and scenes like the first cour. Not bad by any means but to say it equalled/surpassed the first cour would be lying to yourself. This cour is a 7 and the previous one is an 8, to me at the very least.
Dec 21, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2021
it's just not the big new thing anymore
Dec 21, 2022 10:05 AM
May 2021
i think its people just not liking the slice of life/ comedy aspects of the show and its adaptation to anime. spy x family is one of my favorite mangas because of the genuine joy and laughter it gives me, however the slower chapters, that in my opinion are still good, take 10-25 minutes to watch when compared to being able to read thru jt quickly in the manga, it makes the pace feel really slow for the progression of the main plot which im fine with because i love the "gag comedy" feel of the series. however i understand why if someone came into this series as an anime only and wants to see the story progress would be frustrated by these slower "slice of life" style episodes. i personally think it makes the show better by expanding the characters and giving the family more interactions to make their connection seem more real. however there is certainly an argument to be made that it would benefit the anime to go at a faster pace so i can understand why people feel this way, overall i love the spy x family adaptation and cant wait for season 2
Dec 21, 2022 10:15 AM
Jan 2022
I would agree that this cour lost steam in the middle. It felt like filler after filler episode. I did enjoy the show, especially the last few episodes.
Dec 21, 2022 10:26 AM
Dec 2022
cause there's been no progress
Dec 21, 2022 12:07 PM
Feb 2016
my guess is that this part isn't nearly as eventful as the first part was. that or the hype wore off a bit.
i still like part 2 but i do admit that part 1 felt more fresh and enjoyable in comparison. hopefully the plot progresses more in s2.
Dec 21, 2022 12:17 PM
Oct 2020
It’s not weaker it’s just the novelty wore off and people thought this would be an action psychic show?
Regardless, every episode is dripping with polish and quality and I’m enjoying every second.
As a manga reader too it’s cool seeing which parts they give more time too.
Dec 21, 2022 12:25 PM

Jan 2020
For me, it's the pacing and the slow development of the story. It just seems like we got too many side stories/side plots that do nothing for the main story.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Dec 21, 2022 2:08 PM
Jul 2021
People really complain about Spy Family part 2 for being repetitive but then tell you to watch One Piece lmao
Dec 21, 2022 2:42 PM
Jun 2021
Chadanger303 said:
I don’t think the part is weaker tbh. I think it’s a law of diminishing returns thing. It’s not “new” and “fresh” to people so they don’t think as highly of it. The animation, sound track, pacing, basically everything is the same quality. It just feels same-y because they took a break, came back, and people had these expectations that led to it not hitting as hard. At least imo.

i 100% agree (character limit)
Dec 21, 2022 2:52 PM
May 2022
It is wholesome but it sometimes gets boring and thus people are losing interest
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.