Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2022 9:45 PM

Aug 2020
Oh my god, I CANNOT.

These kids are just sooooo annoying especially Reina $%$^ and

um in conclusion ye this is just a rant really im sorry, if you liked the movie then that's fine I also think I might have liked if I haven't seen so many of these annoying characters in most of the manga and webtoons that I've read this past 4months or so.
It was inevitable...
Sep 16, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2021
I found Reina annoying too.
Sep 16, 2022 10:11 PM

Aug 2012
I found Natsume a lot more annoying
Sep 16, 2022 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
Reina annoying, Natsume & Kosuke behaviors are irritating, but the story is good, so I liked it.
Sep 16, 2022 11:09 PM

Jun 2011
I find Natsume a little bit more annoying than Reina
Sep 17, 2022 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Yep, I've rarely watched so boring shows like this. Come on, I had to wait 1 hour before something finally started to happen. However, this is a Netflix production if I'm not mistaken so I wasn't surprised.
Sep 17, 2022 2:06 AM

Feb 2022
Imagine getting annoyed by kids who are confused abt how to get back home when they don't even know how they ended up in that situation. If u got annoyed by just some negative traits of these kids(which is pretty normal coz they are literally humans) then it seems u are annoyed in real life too with everyone coz no one is perfect anyway. smh!
Sep 17, 2022 2:23 AM

Apr 2017
I love Minase Inori but goddamn I can't stand Reina most of the time lmao
//cruellime Steam Signature - SteamId for cruellime, real name bakachi mochii
Sep 17, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2016
Reina maybe annoying but understandable (she just want go home & not suffer), it's not a big deal and normal for a kid.
for Natsume tho, while her backstory explain her feeling & motivation, her actions is just too much bruh moment, and it's not even realistic.

Having Reina in show is actually good for balancing serious & dramatic main characters who overly slefless & overthink everything, she is opposite of that countering unrealistic mature tone. She is selfish, spoiled, and loud, just like normal kid. Even that she also can make several good moment with friendship & building spirit, and her reaction also the most lively among others, I'd say this show would be worse without Reina.
likepandaSep 17, 2022 11:25 AM
Sep 17, 2022 3:43 PM

Apr 2012
Western audiences should finally remember that characters need reasons to go through character development at the end and draw any conclusions.
Sep 17, 2022 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
Wasn't really annoyed tbh. It's a childrens movie and the cast were mature enough. They were a lot more competent and bearable compared to most other anime or movies with children as the cast, or god forbid cartoons like avatar lmao.

Going back for Noppo - depends on how you view their relationship. Kids or not, chars do stupid/illogical things all the time that would make you scream in frustration if it wasn't for the heroine or whatever love/friendship logic is backing it up.
Sep 18, 2022 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
Bruh they're kids. And being annoying is their virtue.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 18, 2022 7:18 AM

Aug 2020
pri_arts_ said:
Imagine getting annoyed by kids who are confused abt how to get back home when they don't even know how they ended up in that situation. If u got annoyed by just some negative traits of these kids(which is pretty normal coz they are literally humans) then it seems u are annoyed in real life too with everyone coz no one is perfect anyway. smh!
It is fictional though, they could have been written just like this and that but I get your point, it's just me getting annoyed prolly because of the pile of stuff I have read that just absolutely wasted my time and it's getting to me.

Also yes I do get annoyed a lot, but that's only on entertainment ie. games. Im actually a chill person irl, I just brush over things most of the time since people do makes mistakes I know no one is perfect.
It was inevitable...
Sep 18, 2022 9:06 AM

Feb 2022
Lookiiii said:
pri_arts_ said:
It is fictional though, they could have been written just like this and that but I get your point, it's just me getting annoyed prolly because of the pile of stuff I have read that just absolutely wasted my time and it's getting to me.

Also yes I do get annoyed a lot, but that's only on entertainment ie. games. Im actually a chill person irl, I just brush over things most of the time since people do makes mistakes I know no one is perfect.

if ur a chill person irl ( im assuming u are since u said it with a positive reply) then be chill in watching anime/manga too... Actually I used to get annoyed too like when i was 14-15 ( turning 19 next month) but i realized things doesn't work like that and when I am annoyed the negativity dwells in me and affects my mental health(even if it's very tiny but it does affect alright) so I started to have no standards and either watch completely or just drop and forget abt a certain series/game/person/situation whatever.. I hope u understood my perspective and sorry for writing this long paragraph lol ... keep watching and enjoying anime .. (°ロ°) !
Sep 18, 2022 9:08 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I probably would if I watched it, but I didn't because it looks really bad.
Sep 18, 2022 8:25 PM

Nov 2012
Natsume was extremely annoying from the building on, Reina was irritating, but I think she showed some growth towards the end.
Sep 19, 2022 12:59 AM

Jun 2011
Girl, same, I understand that Natsume had a lot of trouble letting go of the past, but this girl literally chose a house over her best friend. I was so aggravated with her actions towards the end. I honestly blame that on the fact that I couldn't care less for Nobu.
Sep 19, 2022 2:46 AM

Aug 2020
pri_arts_ said:
Lookiiii said:

if ur a chill person irl ( im assuming u are since u said it with a positive reply) then be chill in watching anime/manga too... Actually I used to get annoyed too like when i was 14-15 ( turning 19 next month) but i realized things doesn't work like that and when I am annoyed the negativity dwells in me and affects my mental health(even if it's very tiny but it does affect alright) so I started to have no standards and either watch completely or just drop and forget abt a certain series/game/person/situation whatever.. I hope u understood my perspective and sorry for writing this long paragraph lol ... keep watching and enjoying anime .. (°ロ°) !
I will try to improve on it, thank you!
It was inevitable...
Sep 20, 2022 2:21 AM
Jan 2021
Bruh I waited for this shit to release for sooo long. This movie was annoying and pretty bad
Sep 21, 2022 3:52 AM

Jul 2011
People... of course she picks the building, over Kousuke, the kid is a brat and an asshole

The only time they barely managed to have a proper talk it ends with them having a half conversation, in which the end result was her still blaming herself for everything, while Kousuke not only keep his end of the blame out of the discussion but also manages to re-frame the problem from "this is all your fault because you bottle up your feelings" to "this is all your fault because your are a crybaby", and as thus for her nothing has changed and everyone is better off without her being there, which is the main reason she was visiting the building, unable to let go, and talking with her shit childhood friend only helped to confirm her ideas of being unwanted and unneeded

Being things like that, of course she is gonna stay with the building

Then in an asspull after the show ran out of time he comes back for her, with the help of a magical ferris wheel the story never foreshadowed, telling her and confirming that yes, everything is pretty much her fault, but that despite she being a mess, an idiot, and several other insults, she is still family on virtue of them just having spend too much time together, because he never tells her anything positive, and as thus despite being someone with little to no redeeming qualities, she shouldn't just leave...

So now she knows that her closest friend, does thinks she is indeed a horrible person, but at least he thinks of her as family, pretty crappy situation, so of course she will still care about the building, the building is not giving her shit

Which is by no means what he should have told her, but is what we got, and for us to get that pittance of development and she had to pretty much die twice

Then it is shown at the very end on an inner monologue that he never apologized to her for being an asshole, it is the one thing his grandpa told him to do before dying, and the one thing that could have helped solve the her worries, and the one thing he actually had to do, and even after months passed after his adventure, he still couldn't do...

The building at least properly tried to listen to her and reassure without shitting on her

And yes Reina was extremely annoying and pointless, and her existence never justifies itself, she barged uninvited into the boy's ghost hunting adventure (reminder that Taishi was the one that got the idea of going into a haunted building, but at least he had the decency of never pointing fingers for the mess he dragged everyone else into, and technically he is at fault for getting the other 2 boys into the mess), then blamed everyone else for some shit she got herself into despite having no business being there.

And she really has no business being there, and by there i mean in the story itself, she starts as an outsider entitled brat, and ends it as an outsider entitled brat, her only character development, if we can even call it that, was figuring out that people can grow attached to places that conform parts of their personal history, and that happens off-screen, and had no real impact on how she deals with others, let alone on how she deals with Natsume, because as a complete outsider she has no idea just what kind of significance the building has for Natsume, her growth starts and ends at "old places can be precious things too", which is somehow more growth than what the other 3 support kids got, which is pretty much nothing, nothing happens with them, they come and leave being the same people

In the end this would have worked better if it had been a 20 minute short of just Natsume dealing with her insecurities and Noppo being there to reassure her about not wanting to die with the building, everyone else was a dispensable extra that exist just to add padding to the story, Kousuke could have barged in near the end, after it is revealed that Natsume went missing for a month, apologize to her for being and asshole, and then it ends, we get the same story, in less time, with less grievances, hell you can perfectly get rid of Kousuke too, and just make it about Natsume and her mom

Aesthetics aside (visuals, sound, movement) which were quite good, the story of the movie was a 5/10, it is an average anime, actually if we look at the kind of... stuff that is out there in the world of anime, we could even say that by anime standards, this is actually quite good, and then by movie standards, then yeah it was bad it is not a story worth 2 hours specially for what little payoff it gives, you can get a better experience with 20 minutes less elements, and the same message
DoomroarSep 21, 2022 3:59 AM
Sep 21, 2022 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
I gave it a pass because these are literal brats! They're elementary schoolers. Loud, annoying, emotional, arrogant, make no sense - as most kids do. Not to mention PTSD and dramatic childhood.

Nah, I'm fine with them. Though yeah, I was annoyed at the start - got used to it towards the middle.
Sep 27, 2022 5:58 AM
Nov 2019
Ikr it's almost they're kids or something
Oct 1, 2022 2:12 AM
Aug 2018
Not by the movie itself, but definitely found Reina really annoying.
Always being the complainer.
Oct 1, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2020
Someone literally wrote a fucking thesis to express the annoyance of the children
Oct 2, 2022 8:39 AM

Apr 2012
I'll be honest here, I found myself wanted to slap Natsume a few times, Reina might be irritating but she's bearable. And no, I've never felt this annoyed toward children irl, but Natsume seems to be written just to annoy people
Oct 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Dec 2020
Flat, seen a dozen times personalities on those children is admittedly a pain to sit through, and the repeats of worthless scenes with just Nat and Kou just keep on rambling on each other with the meaningless words is all I can remember, barely works as a conveying feeling understandably they are just kids.
Funnily ojou Reina is more memorable than that two being absolutely way too forced on the script.
Oct 9, 2022 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't find any of the characters annoying, in fact I liked especially Reina a lot. she's voiced by the seiyuu goddess herself and i'm a tsundere type nvm.

What mostly annoyed me into giving the movie only sub-par 7 stars was that virtually nothing gets explained. What happened, who tf is Noppo, who is the ferris wheel ghost, what happened in the first house with the rucksack suddenly popping up, what, what, what... List can be continued.

I find it could have been an excellent movie if one would have added an explanation of what actually happens and gave it all a reason.
Oct 11, 2022 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao aren't they like 11 or something? Literal kids, but I agree Reina escpailly annoyed me but I have to keep reminding myself throughout the film is that they really don't know any better and they did pretty well to surviving knowing this sort of circumstance is a first for them. Well at least the MC did.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 12, 2022 4:21 AM
Oct 2018
ahhhhh, why doesn't anyone acknowledge Noppo is the spirit of the apartment building and thier all floating in building purgatory. it's hinted at so much that it makes me want to pull my hair out
Nov 5, 2022 5:08 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
What annoys me the most is the random mispronouncing of Kousuke and what not by some voice acrors while others get it right. Whomever decided to make Fouzia Youssef-Holland the ADR Director should be fired.
Nov 12, 2022 2:52 AM
May 2018
Mario_Isla said:
I found Natsume a lot more annoying
this yes so much :') reina was rather being honest, but the kosuke come with me moments were annoying
Nov 14, 2022 6:50 AM
Apr 2021
Kousuke calling Natsume to come back*

Natsume:Sorry, I prefer concrete.
Dec 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2018
Most of the kids are annoying, very few r good. This anime is about kids so they just wanted to show how kids are it would be not cool if they give it adult intelligence/behaviour to kids cause they r just kids. They show is more like for 13yo or under
Mar 22, 2023 12:57 AM
Feb 2022
Natsume & Kosuke behaviors are irritating
Mar 26, 2023 1:56 PM
May 2016
Haha, some of the comments. I think some people forget that this is a PG movie starring children. It's definitely aimed at a younger anime loving audience, or an audience who loves a good and simple coming of age story.

Sure the kids are annoying, but if this same movie was animated like Pixar you'd say the same exact thing. :) They're kids!

ps, actually there's a lot here that makes me think of spirited away a bit. Chihiro is the same age as these kids dealing with the unknown.:)
Jul 23, 2023 7:47 AM

Jul 2011
40th min into watching and already annoyed to death.

Would be so nice if all of them drown in that ocean : /

"but they are children" / "it's a kids' anime" is no way an excuse when we have Studio Ghibli's examples imho.
Aug 11, 2023 6:11 PM
Nov 2021
some people who commented on the movie look like they have never seen a child in their life, 9-10 year olds are not 4-6 year olds, I watched this movie with my 11 year old cousin, she is still the same asshole she was 2 years ago and she has the degree of maturity of a child her age, they use the argument "it's just children" as if children are brainless beings, and the argument "it's a program for children" as if pattern were a synonym from bad. This is a very half bomb movie, it's a 1 hour movie stretched to two, it only needed natsume and the annoying asshole boy, not even Pinheiro was necessary, how they got there doesn't matter, how they left doesn't matter, if you film about just the two of them solving their problems during the first hour, as it was done, he showing that he was wrong and that he regrets what he did and that she is wrong for thinking it is a problem, in the end they just reappear in the world real, with the problem between them resolved, to be able to move on with their lives.
Sep 24, 2023 3:03 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
I did get annoyed, but not in a bad way. They're written exactly how they're meant to be. I really liked Natsume's character a lot from the start, showing maturity and later being incredibly altruistic during a time of crisis. Everyone consistently putting the blame on her throughout the movie was frustrating, but Reina's character showed enough development and she's just an ojou-sama who was worried about herself and her friends. Best characters imo.

Same can't be said for Kousuke, he was just annoying from the start 'til the end. You initiate conversations with a friend you've horribly mistreated, and yet when they open up to you you have nothing to say because you're immature and a coward? Ew. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I also liked Juri, but the other two boys were kind of dull. Wish they could've gotten more screen time. But at least they played into the group panic well, it really helped give off the impression that these were literal children doing stupid things lol
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Sep 24, 2023 3:05 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Reply to Tivi_II
some people who commented on the movie look like they have never seen a child in their life, 9-10 year olds are not 4-6 year olds, I watched this movie with my 11 year old cousin, she is still the same asshole she was 2 years ago and she has the degree of maturity of a child her age, they use the argument "it's just children" as if children are brainless beings, and the argument "it's a program for children" as if pattern were a synonym from bad. This is a very half bomb movie, it's a 1 hour movie stretched to two, it only needed natsume and the annoying asshole boy, not even Pinheiro was necessary, how they got there doesn't matter, how they left doesn't matter, if you film about just the two of them solving their problems during the first hour, as it was done, he showing that he was wrong and that he regrets what he did and that she is wrong for thinking it is a problem, in the end they just reappear in the world real, with the problem between them resolved, to be able to move on with their lives.
@Tivi_II having worked with children, I can very much attest to the fact that they did indeed act like 11-year-olds lol. Children come in all shapes and sizes
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Oct 15, 2023 9:40 AM

Mar 2019
This film was good to remind me not to make the mistake of having children, imagine the pride of being the father of a girl like Reina hahah. 😆
Nov 18, 2023 12:53 AM
Oct 2021
I’m just irritated that they didn’t bother explaining what on earth was even happening. The characters didn’t even bother me, but the sheer levels of incompetence when it came to storytelling renders this a firm 3/10 in my book. Very disappointing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ame wo Tsugeru Hyouryuu Danchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

truth999 - Sep 16, 2022

67 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 6:29 AM

» If you enjoy the most annoying characters in an anime movie and over 1h of constant arguing, this is the movie for you

Ceresty - Oct 16, 2022

14 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 6:27 AM

» ZUTOMAYO MV PV?

GamingLiamStudio - Sep 8, 2022

6 by IridescentJaune »»
Apr 6, 2023 12:40 PM

» New post-release trailer featuring Auld Lang Syne song.

RealNath - Sep 18, 2022

2 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Sep 18, 2022 11:32 AM

» Why this one is listed as a movie while Bubble as a ONA ?

ZXEAN - Sep 16, 2022

4 by campfiretype »»
Sep 16, 2022 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.