Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2018 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
This anime may not be AOTY, but it clearly deserves much higher score. Before golden ep 3 it went below 6.0.
The characters are cute, comedy is quite funny artstyle looks good. Elaborate?

May 1, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2012
I do agree that characters are cute but thats the only thing good about this show. I did not find the comedy funny at all.

I don't think it deserve higher score. There are some anime (like Cutie Honey Universe) that have lower rating, but way more entertaining that this show. Souten no Ken Re:Genesis and Lost Song are also more underrated show

Just my opinion
May 3, 2018 1:55 AM
Oct 2017
It's not even so much bad as it is just kinda boring. Most worthwhile thing was the kameo by the Higurashi gang, but aside from a gag that took all of five minutes of screen time, what is there that's actually enjoyable and good?
May 19, 2018 1:29 AM
Sep 2017
I don't know why this is anime get low score.. ? I think this anime deserve high score
May 22, 2018 10:17 PM
Sep 2017
Cause people always have shity opinions about stuffs, and if they dont like it..they instantly give a very low score.

May 25, 2018 5:57 PM
Feb 2017
Idk about other opinions, but I find it to be a bit boring and hard to watch. Had some nice references though.

May 27, 2018 7:47 AM

Mar 2016
The comedy just simply rubbed me the wrong way, and having watched stuff like Konosuba, which did this kind of stuff quite a bit better, I'm not as amused with the jokes they pull here as opposed to the aforementioned series.
May 27, 2018 6:22 PM

Sep 2016
They are people like me, who will just put a score after watching all episodes (when it's complete), even thought I don't personally watch this anime.
Sep 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Jan 2014
HsiuqsYgnops said:
Idk about other opinions, but I find it to be a bit boring and hard to watch. Had some nice references though.

the same for me, it's an edgy show for me.

well since I already watch it halfway, I think I still gonna complete it.
Nov 9, 2018 10:28 PM
Oct 2018
Why is this show is rated so low? I enjoyed it enough to watch but I had to rate last Period a solid 7.

Honestly if I had not taken a liking to almost all of the cast I would have dropped it myself and never given it a full run through. That being said, I did like every single cast member except for Gajeru who was just never funny to me. And in all honesty I did almost drop this show halfway through episode one.

I guess how I would put it....

The fact is that the humor of the show is good not great, and oftentimes sprinkled too far apart and to too little degree.

The characters are likeable but they are never shown to actually interact. If it is all a gag make it run that way. But the fact is, it is a story ripped from a Gatcha game, which are very story lite and addiction heavy. I guess sadly this is one of those times where they tried to go by the source material but were not able to use it to great effect because well the source is just not deep enough itself.

And call me crazy but I think people pick up on that kind of stuff right from the start.

So here is a Pro/Con list that is some what repetitive.

So what does this show have going for it?
Characters with heart that are likable.
If you played the game first, it is a nice feature(I of course have not played it)
Occasionally funny.
The Higurashi Crossover episode was fun.(Once I watched Higurashi and came back and re-watched episode 3)
Neepah-Unyu?

What does it have going against it?
Characters never or barely ever interact or connect. (The worst possible out come for any adventuring party.)
Literally every character is put there and you are just expected to Identify with them, or like them on basis. (Admittedly I did) But very little is shown of them when you actually start looking at it. Its all just Good for the sake of Good, Cute for the sake of Cute. I am not saying that they are bad, I am saying they were never given the chance to be good.
This is probably due to it being an adaption of a Gatcha Game. Where story is secondary to the collection and the short 12 episodes.

The story draw is weak. And saying "But parody" is no excuse.

Side note, By story draw I mean, what do the characters do that keep drawing you to watch them. Do you connect with them on some level? Is there some big bad guy you want to see lose? Are they just too funny not to watch in their normal everyday life? Does it draw you back to some time in your past that you were fond of?

In conclusion if you can get past episode one, and watch it It can be a decent show. But honestly it stayed the same for me from episode 1to the end.
Of course My dislike of Gajeru lessened over the series. maybe I just got used to him? or maybe there was so little of him that it just did not bother me? Wait he is a main character and I can say that that is 100% the reason. Maybe that is telling of the show itself?

WhatShouldIBeNov 9, 2018 10:31 PM
Mar 13, 2021 4:49 PM
Dec 2018
I'm honestly having a problem finishing ep1. Their first mission should been find out who robbed them. Not get sent out to do minor shit work. But then again I guess that's a gotcha games only pretense.

The only character that seems to have any personality is choco. The others are just annoying noise makers. I'll try to make it through the first ep, but at this rate I'm just gonna drop it.

Life's too short to spend watching mediocre shovel shows :/.
Oct 8, 2022 12:13 AM
Feb 2022
agree the characters have no personality, none of the jokes are funny, and the plot is lacking.

im much more surprised this got a bunch of higher scores including from the people who took the time to write the reviews

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Forum »»
Feb 12, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2018

48 by KingNanael »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

62 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Oct 8, 2022 12:05 AM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2018

28 by JohanAnthony »»
Feb 13, 2021 4:18 PM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Strikefreedom117 - Oct 3, 2020

0 by Strikefreedom117 »»
Oct 3, 2020 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.