New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2022 5:42 PM
Jul 2019
SuntProstMare said:
lfnreviews said:

Loid could have been visualising the words in his mind

She "listen" the mind, She can't see what the people think

She doesn't just listen mind, read the manga whenever she read animal's minds.

Read also: Sakamoto Days there detailly explained how mind reading works in fiction.
Jun 6, 2022 2:09 PM

Aug 2017
mechian said:
So we know Anya can mind read but that doesn't mean much if she's barely educated.

How would she even know how to write "homeostasis" or "symplectomorphism"? I'm not sure what it was in Japanese but I assume it's still a complex word.

Considering she can barely say normal words correctly sometimes it makes you wonder.

Maybe she hears their pronunciation as well?

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 6, 2022 6:44 PM
Apr 2022
It's like trying to interpret what mind reading aliens can actually see and read from our mind. The answer is we won't know, because we aren't mind-reading psychic. Sometimes when we spell something the word appears in our mind. What if she can actually see what Loid's mind was spelling.

But also, yes, anime logic. And it's a deus ex machina, i.e. the power comes when it is necessary, and how the power works is uncertain. Overthinking it won't help. There are many times when Anya's mind reading just suddenly doesn't work when it should have. It doesn't matter, because we are not the author and we doesn't decide what her power can and cannot do.
Jun 8, 2022 12:51 PM
Jun 2009
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@mechian

And here you are writing several paragraphs analyzing and complaining. Took you more than 5 seconds.
I hope you see the irony.

There is NO irony, pal. Would you prefer if I said, "no u wrong" and left without elaborating any further? I've explained my POV thoroughly, as is usual in any normal discussion thread. I don't understand why you'd get frustrated by paragraphs that take more than 5 seconds to read...

Anyways, I hope we can agree that when people argue, they risk offending the other party. This, however, doesn't justify throwing petty insults. The thread has been edited by Mod, so be careful with your next words. If you'd like to elaborate more on the topic that is...

Your point was that there is nothing to discuss and here you are discussing it (which is appreciated). I don't mind arguments or paragraphs of text to engage in discussion. I've seen many topics such as "Character X sucks" with no elaboration or "This show is overrated" without explaining their reasoning.

I found something inconsistent, elaborated, and posted it. If it does not interest you then you do not have to engage? Criticism and questions even if you think it's negative are valid points of discussion.
Jul 5, 2023 3:37 AM
Jul 2023
It does seem like a bit of a contradiction that Anya can mind read but struggles with complex words. However, intelligence comes in different forms, and while she may not have a strong academic background, she might excel in other areas that we don't know about.
By the way, I recently read an article about crossword solver and it shed light on how challenging it can be to crack those puzzles. It made me realize that everyone has their own unique strengths and weaknesses when it comes to language and communication.
DonnaJerrilyJul 20, 2023 4:57 AM
Jul 5, 2023 2:32 PM

Jul 2007
Because Anya is secretly mega-minded.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Sep 6, 2023 3:59 AM

Dec 2009
Anya in reading minds can also see the person's imagination, so it's safe to assume that even though the manga didn't show it to clarify, she saw Loid imagining the wording, so that's how she could spell everything correctly.

There's your answer.
Nov 16, 2023 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
Symplectic geometry and its terminologies were actually coined post 1980s (early concept existed even in early 1800s but the word symplectomorphism didnt exist until 1980s),
and anime setting is 40-50s. Its not really something to be considered seriously
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.