Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 6, 2017 11:16 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:
DatRandomDude said:
Feels good being an anime-only watcher.

It won't feel good anymore when the second season will end and we will have to wait for 4 years again for another season

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a little bit annoying since i dont really read mangas in general but im pretty sure the entire thing will be adapted and if it does, next season might not take 4 fucking years to happen.

(gotta stay optimistic. .-.)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 6, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
OH MY GOD ! THAT END SO INSANE x)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2016
Episode was definitely hype!
May 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
So, why am I so slow to fucking realize this ?????? JESUS WHAT AN EP !
May 6, 2017 11:28 AM
Aug 2016
0x5809 said:
There's seriously no way that Mikasa would fail to kill at least one of them in that situation. Fucking plot armor.

Exactly my thoughts, ruins suspension of disbelief. Especially knowing how recruits are trained to always go for the kill there is no way she wouldn't unconsciously try to instantly eliminate them. While I get Reiner surviving by putting both hands in front of the blade, the fact that Bertholtd didn't get his head cut off boggles my mind.
May 6, 2017 11:30 AM

Oct 2013
0x5809 said:
There's seriously no way that Mikasa would fail to kill at least one of them in that situation. Fucking plot armor.

SanicMarin said:
0x5809 said:

Exactly my thoughts, ruins suspension of disbelief. Especially knowing how recruits are trained to always go for the kill there is no way she wouldn't unconsciously try to instantly eliminate them. While I get Reiner surviving by putting both hands in front of the blade, the fact that Bertholtd didn't get his head cut off boggles my mind.

There will be a explanation for that next episode, and it is a very simple explanation. Not sure if it will be convincing for you guys but that is where opinion comes into play. btw Bertholdt did put his hand in the way in time if you haven't notice.
May 6, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
Navios said:
Everyone is talking about Reiner's transformation and forgetting Mikasa's reaction

the greatest scene in this ep
mikasa is love mikasa is life
May 6, 2017 11:31 AM
Feb 2016
Ah I knew it, people were too much hyped by manga readers, and now they think that "I'm the Armored NANANANANA" is bad writing. This revelation isn't really important ... It's shocking, but it's not important. You have to learn more about Reiner to understand what just happened here.
May 6, 2017 11:33 AM
May 2016
HungrySquirtle said:
Apocalypx said:

That writing is exactly why the cliffhanger is so intense.

Wait you actually think this is good writing? I get that fanboys for this series are blindly loyal but this is just irredeemable.

Why isn't it good writing? Do you unironically think the generic "IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! I WAS THE VILLAIN!"-type monologue reveals are actually good? This is some of the best writing I've ever seen for a villain reveal in general, Reiner revealed his and Bert's identity due to snapping after holding his secret in for 3 years. He caved in due to guilt and let it all out at that moment, not everything needs to be super epic and hammy to be effective.
May 6, 2017 11:35 AM
Feb 2016
SanicMarin said:
0x5809 said:

Bertoldt stepped backward ( well, tried, at least the top of his body tried to dodge the sword ). What's surprising is that she touched him even though he did that.
May 6, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
HungrySquirtle said:
Apocalypx said:

That writing is exactly why the cliffhanger is so intense.

Wait you actually think this is good writing? I get that fanboys for this series are blindly loyal but this is just irredeemable.

As they say, either you hate or you call them a fanboy
May 6, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
OMG!! I didn't except the colossal to be Bertlot. I must say, everyone is a titan, it's kinda ridicules -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
0x5809 said:
One of them is the Armored Titan for a reason :p
May 6, 2017 11:45 AM
Feb 2016
Apocalypx said:
HungrySquirtle said:

It's just that you people still don't know enough about what is going on, and you can't judge what happened fully if you can't see what will happen next. I can only tell you that it's because SNK use character with realistic way of thinking / reacting to a situation rather than anime way.

May 6, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
I almsot fainted , man UNDESCRIBABLE FEEELS , Seriously i feel bad for those who knew this would happen ( Spoilers ) but man i seriously cried the shit out of me damn , I can't really imagine something more hype and dope than this in the next episodes but o well , 10 out of 10 , a really incomprehensible episode , i almost had a heart attack i swear 😂😂 , Hope to see more of this 😊😊
May 6, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
damn, pretty good adaptation for this part. So suspense with sudden stop of audio.

Reiner and Berthold were still kids when they destroyed the wall. Now Reiner finally realized there were people like eren and co., so realising with his guilt for everything fault he did with Bertholdt, there's no turning back anymore, facing there consequence is there only way. Felt sad for this two.

May 6, 2017 11:47 AM
Feb 2016
Clefairiess said:
OMG!! I didn't except the colossal to be Bertlot. I must say, everyone is a titan, it's kinda ridicules -.-

It's true that the fact we had 5 titans among the 104th's cadets is pretty ridiculous, but well, we can't have something perfect after all.
May 6, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
DatRandomDude said:
Feels good being an anime-only watcher.

It won't feel good anymore when the second season will end and we will have to wait for 4 years again for another season

I hope they prepared the third season by next year. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
MenInBlack said:
Apocalypx said:

It's just that you people still don't know enough about what is going on, and you can't judge what happened fully if you can't see what will happen next. I can only tell you that it's because SNK use character with realistic way of thinking / reacting to a situation rather than anime way.

Considering their last season I wasn't expecting much, they had really got my attention this time.
May 6, 2017 11:49 AM

Nov 2016
I was almost sure that Reiner could be a titan, but didn't expect him to be the Armored Titan but more shocked with Bertholtd being a titan and the Colossal one too.
Damn, Mikasa Reactions, That made the scene more thrilling.
Guess now It's time I guess to see her Devastating.
Although I don't love Eren, but he was surprisingly amazing this episode, Calm and not stupid like always.
Also those new Soundtrack versions...Insane.
Actually that casual reveal was the best to make the transformation scene more epic. It wasn't bad writing at all lol.

SanicMarin said:
0x5809 said:

I thought that in the beginning but not anymore when i overlooked it, Reiner put his hand before the sword strike him. Bertholtd stepped back so she failed to cut his head off but still got him in his neck with a clear severe hit. Mikasa didn't even hisitate for a blink to get Bertholtd neck when she stood over him but Reiner hit her instantly.
So the scene was actually perfect.
PynchMay 6, 2017 12:33 PM
May 6, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2016
Cease the CG nonsense.

Otherwise, pretty good actually.
May 6, 2017 11:53 AM
May 2016
Pheodora said:
I was almost sure that Reiner could be a titan, but didn't expect him to be the Armored Titan but more shocked with Bertoldt being a titan and the Colossal one too.
Damn, Mikasa Reactions, That made the scene more thrilling.
Guess now It's time I guess to see her Devastating.
Although I don't love Eren, but he was surprisingly amazing this episode, Calm and not stupid like always.

SanicMarin said:

That's sadly true despite how good the scene was. Especially that Mikasa is almost the strongest Soldier along with Levi.

They explain it next episode. Plus it'd be bullshit anyway if Mikasa just killed them both right then and there, Reiner saved Bertolt and then transformed. I think even from a logical perspective it'd be unsafe for Mikasa to launch back up and attack them if she got caught in the transformation sequence.
May 6, 2017 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
Lmao how NONCHALANT THAT REVELATION WAS! I'm laughing hard XD
Eren's response was equally good dammit! :v

Things don't always goes dramatic in reality. I think the nonchalant revelation was actually the best it could get.

But gotta admit, Reiner looked pretty BA in the episode
May 6, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2016
Damn it that cliffhanger :=:
sim0n2170 said:
The last few minutes I was on the edge of my seat, the tension was high and overall epic scene. Only downside was the CGI Colossal titan.
That was a real shame for such great anime like AOT.
May 6, 2017 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
I knew what was going to happen already and I was STILL on the edge of my seat. That whole scene was probably one of the most tense moments in anime while Reiner is casually telling Eren everything and Mikasa is just glaring murderously at him.
May 6, 2017 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
Ok now I need to understand: 1) the Titans goal 2). What's inside the basement 3). Titans origin. 4) What happened to Annie?

I hope it gets revealed this season or else... I'll be disappointed.
ClefairiessMay 6, 2017 12:02 PM
May 6, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2016
People have zero tolerance for CG as always.

Give it up guys, It's better than the animators killing themselves. They are (apparently) entering a difficult era after all.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Nov 2012
Oh wow... this fucking episode. i've already read the manga and was hyped for this, and it still blew me away!

Also, nobody's gonna talk about how bossy Mikasa was during the last scene? damn she owned the scene. even better than the transformation sequence. reminds me why she's my favorite character in the show.
Drastic-MeasureMay 6, 2017 12:02 PM
May 6, 2017 11:58 AM
Feb 2013
I actually put together that Reiner was the armored titan from season 1 just from the fact that they look alike and that he hung around Annie a lot.

I didn't except such a casual reveal though lmao. Was actually a very appropriate way to reveal it to someone that knew already.
May 6, 2017 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Watching these reactions in youtube make me wonder how I would react if I didn't read the manga.

ZapredonMay 6, 2017 9:26 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 6, 2017 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
honestly, this is one of the best and funniest reveals I've seen

'yo Eren! guess what? we're the two biggest titans l0l xD'
May 6, 2017 12:04 PM

Feb 2010
YES THEY KEPT IT LIKE THE MANGA.

So fucking good.
May 6, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
Colossal CG dayum
That episode was intense
May 6, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
someone posted it on reddit, there was someone from old mangafox forum who predicted all the foreshadowing of reiner and bert 1 FRICKING YEAR before the revelation

here's the mirror https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/armored-and-colossal-titan.79286/

crazy analysis, mind blown when I read that for the first time long ago before the anime was airing.
2B or not 2B?
May 6, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2016
So, yeah, let me take you on a short journey through my head:

Hm, this season is only 13 episodes long, has there been happening a lot so far though? And now they only stand atop the wall and talk and..... what?... what did those subtitles just say? what...? WHAT?! OMFG WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

Jan 2016
i didn't expect this so soon, i'm fucking shook and just how causal it was at first... like come again?

Jan 2014
I'm dead.

5/5

Because of amazing music I could really felt what could Eren. Traitors....

Perfect.
May 6, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
WTF?! Rainer and Berthold are the Armored Titan and the Colossal Titan. And their goal is to wipe out all of humanity. At first of their revelation, I thought I misread something because nobody made a big deal out of this. But this is shocking.
May 6, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Holy fucking shit. The revelation felt cheesy at first but it progressed to the extreme in no time.

I can finally say this without bottling it up anymore lol, I already came across the spoiler that Reiner and Bertholt were the Armored and the Colossal Titans respectively. Although that fucking revelation was something else. Minutes before Reiner's terrifying face in the reflection of the water to Mikasa's unnerved and terrifying stare, all played out perfectly with the discussion happening 12 hours prior between the team. Great episode, loved how it played out. I thought last episode was really week, the starting of this episode seemed a little meh too, I'm definitely not a fan of the background music.

And oh, the Colossal Titan in its entirety is in CGI? Dunno how I feel about that.
May 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
what the fuck did he just say
what
is this a joke
OH MY FUCKING GOD

*unable to process further information*
May 6, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
That new mix of Vogel im Kafig is awesome, I didn't think it could get better but Sawano Hiroyuki really tops all his work

Actually, it gave me vibes of Kabaneri OST, especially the chorus
Fate_warrior95May 6, 2017 12:17 PM
May 6, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
I cried a little - a lot
May 6, 2017 12:15 PM

May 2015
Dawnflame said:
So, yeah, let me take you on a short journey through my head:

Hm, this season is only 13 episodes long, has there been happening a lot so far though? And now they only stand atop the wall and talk and..... what?... what did those subtitles just say? what...? WHAT?! OMFG WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

But this season has only 12 episodes, not 13 you, you, you... TRAITOR!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 6, 2017 12:15 PM
Sep 2014
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!
Reiner!
Bertholdt! OF all people Bertholdt!!!! He looked harmless and he's the strongest titan of them all!!
Nah 10/10 episode. This season is short but its been lit
May 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
Too bad colossal titan looked like shit
May 6, 2017 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
DAMN, SON!! Shit had me on my fuckin toes!!!
May 6, 2017 12:22 PM
Aug 2012
Amazing epic episode!

But why CGI Colossal titan? The studio should have infinity budget for this...
May 6, 2017 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
And finally the reveal is here! Got chills from that
Hi there
May 6, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
Everything in the episode was damn perfect until that fucking CGI colassal titan was shown. God damn WIT get your shit together.
May 6, 2017 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That was the biggest plot twist I've ever seen in my life whether it's about anime, movies, books or anything else that has stories.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.