Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 16, 2014 10:27 PM
Feb 2014
I watched this until halfway through because I didn't like how negative, pessimistic and dark the MC and atmosphere was depending on the situation. Although I'm not saying that the depiction of such reality isn't bad, it's just that it's not my slice of cake.

So the lack of romance that I didn't see was the reason why I dropped this. But should I still continue watching? Will the romance ever develop? Because that's the only thing I want to see, considering the title of the anime.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Feb 16, 2014 11:06 PM
Mar 2010
I'll start off my saying that I really do think the anime is worth finishing because u'll see that the main character despite his gloominess is IMO completly right about society and that his solutions to problems are often hurting himself to make it better on others.

That said to answer your question, simply put: NO. The romance is obviously hinted several times by Yui but the anime doesnt last enough for it to develop fully. Needs more seasons. I haven't read the manga but I assume it develops further and will get there. The Romance tag can't be there for nothing. Personally, I want to see him end up with Yukino though :)
Feb 18, 2014 3:21 AM

Dec 2007
shadedclan said:
Because that's the only thing I want to see, considering the title of the anime.

The romance is as it means in the title, his youth romance comedy is wrong... this show is anti-romance comedy actually with an awesome loner protagonist.

The main attraction point of the show imo is Hachiman, his monologues, and his anti-social interactions with the heroines and the other characters.
Feb 18, 2014 6:24 AM

Dec 2012
DeadIEnd said:
shadedclan said:
Because that's the only thing I want to see, considering the title of the anime.

The romance is as it means in the title, his youth romance comedy is wrong... this show is anti-romance comedy actually with an awesome loner protagonist.

The main attraction point of the show imo is Hachiman, his monologues, and his anti-social interactions with the heroines and the other characters.

Yes.
Mar 11, 2014 8:30 AM
Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
DeadIEnd said:
shadedclan said:

Yes.
Aug 26, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
MakoSOLDIER said:
I'll start off my saying that I really do think the anime is worth finishing because u'll see that the main character despite his gloominess is IMO completly right about society and that his solutions to problems are often hurting himself to make it better on others.

That said to answer your question, simply put: NO. The romance is obviously hinted several times by Yui but the anime doesnt last enough for it to develop fully. Needs more seasons. I haven't read the manga but I assume it develops further and will get there. The Romance tag can't be there for nothing. Personally, I want to see him end up with Yukino though :)

i'm with you dude, i would like to see him end up with yukino too
Oct 22, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
nope, the romance tag should be remove
Jan 8, 2019 5:16 PM

Aug 2017
blessofcurse said:
nope, the romance tag should be remove
I agree, romance tag here is a stretch. Yui makes some feeble attempts but I don't know if they qualify. They're also forced as Hachimaru stinks as a character. No girl would like him. He's the type that does evil things to classmates and ends up on TV.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.