Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 20, 2012 7:20 PM

Oct 2009
Haha of course Fuko's random appearance led to something star related!
Poor Kotomi that was a very intense reaction...very moving!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 23, 2012 6:20 PM

Jun 2010
They're really going to roll out the "forgotten childhood friend" schtick?
Apr 25, 2012 10:08 PM

Dec 2010
Fuko's appearance was random and really funny, but the rest of the episode was so sad that I totally forgot about her = Kotomi seems to be getting more of my favorite character as she's getting more spotlight than even Nagisa now , and what what turned out to be her story really hit me hard. I was thinking that the "bad person" was her fatter whom she hated for some reason, but now I don't even know what to think... The next episode is definitely worth it. Maybe it will be the best episode we've have seen? Because this one, the 12th, gets first place for the time being, in my opinion.
Jun 12, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Them going out at the beginning was really nice (as was Fuko's reappearance ... distracted by the starfish as always XD)
Tomoya's dream with Kotomi crying and the deer and rabbit instantly had me thinking they knew each other as kids (which was confirmed). So her parents died researching "other worlds"; possibly related to the doll thing we see sometimes? I guess the "non accident" reminded Kotomi of her parents' death which is why she broke down crying ...
So here we have the "forgotten childhood friend" thing with Tomoya huh? Her room's filled with newspaper cut-outs ... but it looked like there was a fire too? Hrm ... I'm wondering about the whole deer/rabbit thing and the black butterfly - I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with the "other world" (especially since it's not pure real life, with Fuko's ghost and stuff like that)
Aug 17, 2012 5:38 AM

Jul 2012
That's one depressing family tragedy. Can't wait to find out the story of Tomoya and Kotomi's childhood.
Nov 6, 2012 3:33 PM
Oct 2012
oh i was so glad to see fuko again

the end reminded me a lot of kanon but oh well
lets see how this goes on
Dec 9, 2012 11:08 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
YAYYYYY FUKO!!! <333 Here to help like a guardian angel! XDDD THat was funny, LOOOL She volunteers to help, gets the starfish and runs off hahaha!!! LMAO I LIKE her a lot! good to see her :DDD Kotomi sorta freaked me out though.......when she had a breakdown, errrrr.....wish we knew more about the backstory.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 22, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
Yay, Fuko appeared. Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. Some backstory about Kotomi.

Mar 11, 2013 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
First off it was great to see them in normal clothes and not the school uniform (finally!). I'm starting to like Kotomi a lot more too. I thought like many others here that the 'waruhito' was Kotomi's dad even though he wasn't.

Didn't see the "knew you from childhood" coming at all (guess I'm a little slow lol) and only after reading here realized that it was Tomoya in the dream with Kotomi. Excited for this new direction in the arc.

Oh and I though Fuko coming back was a little early honestly but I guess they didn't want us to forget about her
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 3, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
They knew each other? :o
Jun 10, 2013 1:21 AM

Feb 2013
well. an interesting twist in story

Jul 19, 2013 2:14 AM
Jun 2013
WTF is Fuko doing back. Just stay dead already. 7.9/10.
Aug 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2011
Fuuko coming back was really weird, I wonder why they could all see her at that moment. Kotomi's reaction to the crash was heartbreaking and so believable. Hoping she opens up to Tomoya.
Aug 26, 2013 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode,seems that we have a big mistery related to his parents...
And they knew each other when they were kids? WOW
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 27, 2013 8:45 PM
Jan 2013
If Fuuko was supposed to lighten the mood, she totally brought it down when those two didn't remember her. Sadness.
I wonder when he'll read the book.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 25, 2013 5:24 PM

Jun 2013
My heart like, skipped a beat when Fuko appeared! And than when they didn't remember her I felt heartbroken. Love Kotomi. Poor Kotomi.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2013
so they already know each other
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 6, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2010
Deus ex Machina Fuuko actually not saving the day :D

Tsk, I already felt there was significance behind the lights in episode 10, and now there is a parallel world.. Even one of these is enough to me to get the feeling what is to follow eventually, after I've watched Air this time :

Poor Kotomi, we didn't even see her face in the end, I feel for her. This was actually my favorite arc, the first time I watched Clannad.
May 14, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2013
Loveeeee :}

The girls are all so adorable in their date outfits ^.^
Jun 21, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2014
I found this episode to be a bit more interesting. They pushed it to be a little darker which i really enjoyed. I see on this page that people weren't really happy with the reappearance of Fuko, and i have to disagree! I kind of missed Fuko, even though she is not one of my favorite characters, it was cute that she showed up!
Sep 8, 2014 2:17 AM

Mar 2014
I think this episode became the turning point for me to really enjoy this series. I'm starting to appreciate the characters more now and the depth that is going behind them.
Sep 26, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2014
Fuko ex Machina.

Good episode,now I really want to learn more about Kotomi's backstory
Sep 29, 2014 5:48 AM

May 2013
Hooray, Kotomi made more friends! (^_^) And that laugh of hers!

Woah, what's Fuko doing here? Ah, she's getting a starfish. Oh wait, I mean a star. Why'd I say starfish?

Oh dam, Okazaki had a dream about what appears to be his past.
I wonder why that bus accident made Kotomi scream and cry.
Screw this privacy!!
And now Okazaki starts to remember it all: he met Kotomi when they were young.

I wonder where this is going.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 27, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
kotomi's breakdown blew me away. as strange as it sounds, i enjoyed watching her facial expressions xD -- that's how good they were!

gahh the old "we knew each other as kids"
Jan 10, 2015 9:54 PM

Nov 2014
Omg Fuko appeared, I was so surprised and so happy, and of course she was drawn to the shape of the star plush LOL. But it's really sad seeing that nobody remembers her...but she did say when they cross paths again they will...so hopefully that's soon and they will remember everything and all the impact she had on their lives.

Kitomi is so cute, especially when she did the guess who prank on Tomoya and all he could mention was how her boobs where on his back haha xD

But that whole bus accident scene was so heartbreaking, poor Kotomi, seeing her breakdown and become so emotional was so heartbreaking... :(
Jan 12, 2015 11:49 PM

May 2014
Fuko appearance was awesome. Crazy ending there... things are starting to get pretty deep by the looks of it. Other dimensions? Sheesh, theories are already starting to form in my head about unanswered questions.
Apr 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2015
"We met each other when we were kids." Of course you did... Ugh.
May 30, 2015 11:55 PM

May 2015
So this show is definitely growing on me. The Fuko appearance was adorable and good comic relief. Overall I'm enjoying Kitomi a lot as a character. I like her arc more than Fuko's thus far. I'm excited to see where this goes.
Jun 23, 2015 5:19 PM
Feb 2015
Okazaki gives no fuck, he enters the house from the backdoor like it's his house
Jul 5, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
Not bad
Aug 15, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
What's with that freaky room with lot of cut outs?
Kotomi is scary >_<
Feb 4, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2015
So the wandering soul of Fuko is still wandering.
Tomoya and the girls looked so nice together going for a day out^^ Oh! Tomoya is having a nice harem life ! ><

This episode was very heart touching. I feel so bad for Kotomi. I still remember how I hated her at first . But now I think she is really a good character. Oh, and Kyo is also a good character!

So the boy in Tomoya's dream was Tomoya himself. Wow, he and Kotomi were childhood friends!
This show is doing sooooo good!
Apr 29, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
Fuko WTF? Yes, she had those little intrusions from time to time even in the novel but those were just meant to be jokes. There is simply no reason why she should appear around after her matter was resolved. And why the heck was there plushy anteater in the game box?

Also, they kinda killed the twist at the end of this episode by giving it out in Tomoya's earlier dream. The same applies to Kotomi's breakdown - it was less dramatic and lacked impact in comparison with the game.

I do know they are doing what they can to make no-love route but sometime those changes are too much and it doesn't quite work as intended.
May 17, 2016 9:44 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like we're in a deep and private matters that will be important in the story .
Very Great Episode !!! Its Interesting ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2016
I love Fukos random appearance. I don't think it had any relevance to the plot but she's still my favourite character so far.

It's odd as I didn't think much about Kotomi before her arc but now she's my second favourite. I guess Clannad is really good at making you care about the character in their relevant arc.
Feb 13, 2017 10:11 PM
Mar 2016
wow, this thread has been inactive for a long time...
did anyone back in 2k7 get the reference to the dandelion girl story? also, I didn't realize Crunchyroll was 10 years old.
Jan 13, 2018 1:42 AM

Aug 2015
I really liked this episode. The plot is SO good, the feels are overwhelming and the relationships between the main characters are always evolving. It's great!
Pixel_Vapour said:

It's odd as I didn't think much about Kotomi before her arc but now she's my second favourite. I guess Clannad is really good at making you care about the character in their relevant arc.

I really agree with this ^
They're so good at making you care for characters when they want you to.
Mar 20, 2018 6:43 PM
Jun 2017
ohhh this one is gonna be more interesting as secrets are one by one starting to be a mystery for her friends. what secret is she hiding with?
May 3, 2019 12:01 PM

Aug 2017
Well Fuuko is back! I was happy to see that, because she brings a hint of joy and cuteness to the group.

So Kotomi-chan's parents died during a fire. Her backstory is sad and apparently Okazaki met her when they were kids. I am curious how this will unfold. It was also good that Okazaki made the old man talk. Now we know that he works in a lab and was involved in something that was related to the Ichinose family. I am wondering how the old violin is connected to all of this. And I find the book interesting too.

Oh and I was so glad to see that Kyou was fine. Kotomi's shock was scary though. Things are still a little vague like the butterflies that are fluttering everywhere and the rabbit and deer Kotomi-chan saw, but let's hope it will all make a little more sense soon.
Jul 23, 2019 7:27 PM
Apr 2016
Well, stuff are finally happening, literally finally. The old stalking guy wasn't someone bad, luckily. Her past is getting revealed, nice.
Feb 11, 2020 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
Aww, a wild Fuuko appeared from nowhere to illuminate my day ♥
... Now seriously, should she really be there? I mean, there's no reason for her "ghost/projection" to be around anymore since she's already done with her purpose. Not to mention also that no one would be able to see her yet... they all could.

Overall, another average episode. On one hand, I'm glad the deal with the HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS trenchcoated old man was cleared up but on the other, the whole "her parents created a theory of a hidden world within this reality" statement caught me a bit off guard. Eh... are we going full parallel universes next episode or what?
Sep 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
FUKO!!!!

And WTF Kotomi....and how the hell does Tomoya just forget that she knew Kotomi and a huge raging fire?!
Oct 9, 2020 5:38 AM

Jun 2020
They shouldn't have shown Fuuko in this episode although she was a bit cute there and I'm already confused on what really happened to Fuuko since they should not be able to see Fuuko since they have lost there memories on her but there are still remaining a few of it, does that mean that Fuuko is healed?

Anyway about the relationship between Okazaki and Kotomi, so they were childhood friend and I don't know what they did but it's most likely a horrible thing that they did so I'm hoping it will be interesting.
Feb 13, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2020
No. No. How the heck do anime characters forget stuff so much? I mean is it REALLY that hard?

I already saw that coming ;-;
All that tension wasn't really for anything. Well really, it just wasn't executed properly.
Feb 13, 2021 7:03 PM
Dec 2020
3099 said:
No. No. How the heck do anime characters forget stuff so much? I mean is it REALLY that hard?

All that tension wasn't really for anything. Well really, it just wasn't executed properly.

I adore Kotomi and this show, but I too even asked myself:

"What, really? Did he really just forget all about his childhood friend and how she lost both her parents, set aflame their house and went to the very same high school?"

*Doubt intensifies*
Feb 13, 2021 7:16 PM

Jan 2020
CamusEvergarden said:
3099 said:

I adore Kotomi and this show, but I too even asked myself:

"What, really? Did he really just forget all about his childhood friend and how she lost both her parents, set aflame their house and went to the very same high school?"

*Doubt intensifies*

I just finished Elfen Lied a while ago and it came with the exact problem. I really don't get why this happens. I mean yeah if he had amnesia then I guess that would somewhat make sense.
Feb 14, 2021 2:02 PM
Dec 2020
3099 said:

I just finished Elfen Lied a while ago and it came with the exact problem. I really don't get why this happens. I mean yeah if he had amnesia then I guess that would somewhat make sense.

First, I hope you enjoyed it. Elfen Lied was my first real introduction into Anime (I'm not counting localized garbage on U.S. networks) and it introduced to me a ton of new feelings and ideas, primarily that anime isn't a medium just for kids.

Secondly, the reason the ending seems unnatural is because it is, the anime showcases roughly half the story. "The anime only follows events roughly up to about halfway through the manga, and it has its own self-contained ending." (Elfen Lied Wikipedia Page). That said, it's not uncommon for the mind to repress traumatic events (or rewrite them in the denial stage of grief) or their causes. To me the "amnesia" is not a great plot point, but it is acceptable.
Feb 20, 2021 8:22 AM

Jun 2016
It must have been a real tragic event that happened for Kotomi to break down like that. All those pieces of paper in her room at the end, very conspiracy theorist like. Not a bad ep tho. Ep Score - 5/10

Oct 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Aug 2018
This starts feeling deep at times , hopefully this won't cause any big confusion moving further
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

443 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nodoka-koi - Nov 22, 2007

193 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.