Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 2011 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
SpiritedSarah said:
Some of the posts on this discussion bothered me so much I was pushed to write my first post. No one will probably read it but I just hope to be helpful to those who do. I'll be clear and state that I am a full fledged Zero & Yuuki fan at the onset, so if you are no longer interested, that's fine.

On Zero's Powerfulness:
Okay, Zero completely tore down the Moon Building (as shown in this chapter) and experienced Vampire Hunters were shocked by his power. He's had the blood of three purebloods--two of whom were Kurans, with uber powerful blood--and not only comes from a distinguished line of vampire hunters (who are more than just the average human, I'm pretty sure) but he's now even more powerful with his brother's blood "completing" him. Not only this but he doesn't have to follow the orders of Purebloods-- he was even able to go against Shizuka's word, not something any normal or even noble vampire can do. Zero, by far, is not the least powerful of them all. Matsuri Hino, I'm assuming, carefully planned all of this out to make Zero on a level as close to Kaname as logically possible, and not only that but now he's up for Hunter Pres, and the balances are becoming more and more equal... Kaname fans, those are all facts, not biased in the least, stop deluding yourselves :p

On the Chapter:
I think it was necessary to tie up some loose ends like--what happened to Cross Academy (you know, the main setting of it all for 9 or so volumes!), what's happening with Zero (he's a tip of the triangle, important as Kaname, important as Yuuki), what Yuuki's true feelings are about being a vampire and her feelings for Zero (all really speculation before).

On Yuuki:
I actually felt really bad for Yuuki during this chapter, even more-so after seeing some of the harsh comments. I really don't think anyone bothered to place themselves in Yuuki's position, so I'd like to give some perspective: yes, everyone else has been moving on, because everyone else is not locked in a cage like Yuuki is. Yuuki hasn't been outside, hasn't actually been a part of anything but that house, for and ENTIRE YEAR. There's probably nothing she can do BUT pine--come on, everyone else has at least interacted with others in the real world, or has come back to some level of normality after the aftermath, but not Yuuki. She's still really young and was thrown into this situation against her will without warning, losing literally everything but Kaname and Aidou. (Did anyone else notice how sad Kaien looked after hearing Yagari mention Yuuki? :`( ) Because she trusts Kaname more than anything she isn't fighting to get out, but I can't wait until she grows up enough and does. Plus, she's a vampire now guys, and one that's going to live forever. Time means something else entirely, a year is nearly meaningless compared to thousands.

On Yuuki's Feelings (and Kaname's... and Zero's...):
To be honest (this may seem Zeki fueled, but I really really tried to like Kaname throughout the manga and just couldn't bring myself to) , I think she stays with him out of a mixture of pity, fear, and duty. She knows now he's been literally waiting for her for 10 years, and that takes dedication. She admitted she fears him (*cough*unhealthy relationship*cough*) but I think she fears living forever alone more than she fears him (if she does at all now). She had that whole flashback of what forever means and how lonely it would be to do so by yourself, and it's possible that she thinks that it's better to stay with Kaname who can give her forever than to be with Zero who might die sooner (who knows now that he's gotten all sorts of awesome :) ) And in terms of duty, they've been engaged for their entire lives, I think that it's the same as people who fuss over old lovers because they've "had so much history together". The vestiges of Yuuki's "high school girl like" crush remains, and I really think it's rooted in younger Yuuki, hence why I think Yuuki seems to de-evolve when she's with Kaname. She remains stagnant, in my opinion, because of Kaname. We know she still has a personality despite being a vampire because of Aidou, but she's OBVIOUSLY not as comfortable with Kaname. I think their relationship is way too formal to last, and Yuuki doesn't allow herself to open up with Kaname, but we'll see...

Kaname's love for Yuuki befuddles me. I think he loves her out of some duty too--he's convinced himself he's supposed to love her all this time, and because she's his sister (I've accepted the incest because technically it's common among their species, and who are we to judge other species) and convinces himself that he needs to protect her and save her due to this love, to the point that he's become very possessive. I think Zero saw that too. Kaname is way too Machiavellian, possessive, and manipulative for me.

Zero, on the other hand, may not have blatantly stated his feelings in chapter 1 like Yuuki did for Kaname but it's been REALLY clear throughout the series that he loves her (he didn't want her to turn into a vampire, protects her all the time, teases her, relies on her for comfort, has had an entire chapters dedicated to his love for her... come on, people! *rolls eyes*) Yuuki can be herself with him, even call him by only "Zero" which she can't bring herself to do with Kaname. Their relationship blossomed naturally without this bonded since the day you were born thing forcing her into the relationship. Yuuki helped save him in her own way by accepting him and always being there for him, thus losing her and his last relative (both situations were out of his hands and he could save neither) and becoming a full fledged vampire (no longer human because now he can take the pills) was a big shock to him too--guys stop being mean and hating on him and calling him emo. At least Kaname got the girl and shouldn't be as dark and sinister seeming anymore (oh wait, nevermind, still happening...)

Okay, that's a very very very long post. But I was getting so frustrated due to the other posts that I had to rant xD BTW, when and where did Matsuri Hino ever say she liked Kaname more and hated Zero? I've never heard that, and considering she needs both to fuel the two-sided fire (She needs to appease Kaname and Zero fans all in one chapter, guys, and the love triangle is what's at the heart and we'll have to deal with it.) Plus, not only Zero fans will be upset if things go their way--the Kaname fans on this are the ones actually threatening violence towards the mangaka, after all... xD

Thank You. Hopefully this clears things up for others
May 31, 2011 11:45 PM

Aug 2009
Yehey for Zero in obtaining the president of the hunter association!
Kill Kaname now! xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.