Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2007 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Woo! Okay. I love Buffy! Imagine that, haha.

However, my favorites were Drusilla and Spike, especially when I saw the flashbacks of Dru in the past and read books about her and the like, she was so awesome! I loved her.

Then she went kind of weird, though and when they brought her back in modern clothes on Angel, I was mad...

I love Buffy, though. She's a great psycho and the looks she used to give when she was really upset and realizing stuff, was... amazing... I loved her look!

I loved Angel when he was still on Buffy. It made no sense to me, though, to show us everything between them and how he basically changed his ENTIRE life around for her and then goes and moves on after he is gone? That would really not happen with someone as insane as that, but they ruined him later on and GAVE HIM A TAN.... I like pale Angel, wtf.

I loved Willow and Xander, too! I really really really did, the original cast made me so happy.

Giles is a sexy man, haha. I LOVE HIM. If he hadn't been in the show, I would have been so sad and when he was almost gone for a while, I was worried and dreading he would not come back. Giles is the best.

I didn't mind Dawn, either, and I KIND OF LOVED how they added her to the show.. I remember watching it and Buffy going home and saying her sister was there and acting totally fine and normal and being like, "Uh, WTF, where did she come from???" At the time, I had no internet and I do not think there were many chat places about it, but I always wondered if everyone else was like that, too, because I was. I was like....... where the hell did she come from? And how come everyone acts like she's always been there, did I miss a season or something in between the last episode and this episode? =o But then they explained it later in the season and then I really loved how they did it and how she really did just appear and was in everyone's memories... I really liked that.

I was afraid that after the... Initiative (which I HATED OMG) they would always horrible bad people from then on, but I really enjoyed Glory, so it was okay.

Faith was awesome!

Ah. That was fun. I loved everyone. I love shows when I love everyone.

Except Riley..... Wtf.
Usotsuki. 
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 15, 2007 5:03 AM

Jul 2007
This is my official ranking list of Buffy characters =D

10: Harmony;
9: Spike;
8: Amanda;
7: Tara;
6: Willow;
5: Anya;
4: Buffy;
3: Drusilla;
2: Glory;

aaaannd.... drumroll...

1: Faith <3

Dec 15, 2007 7:00 AM

May 2007
Tifa, I don't think I could have said it better myself

However I preferred Angel when he was on his own show, on Buffy I didn't hate him or anything but I just didn't like him as much on it. Yeah I noticed they gave him a tan, it was weird because I didn't think vampires could really get a tan :S continuity error much. Plus he changed in body, which also conflicts with Joss's version of the vampire. Anyway, onto characters.

I liked Buffy as a female lead, but my favorite character would have to be Spike. He was excellent, from season 2 to season 7 he changed so much and it was beautiful. The end of season 6 when he went all the way to Africa and did all that JUST for her, it was so touching. After she treated him like GARBAGE throughout the entire 6th season he still loved her, if that's not true love I don't know what is. (Also season 6 is one of my favorite seasons, it gives me a headache when people complain about the "attempted rape" scene which, in my opinion, wasn't THAT horrible. She was ALWAYS saying no they can't be together, then jumping his bones the next, the guy loves her so it wasn't hard to contemplate that he thought she would change her mind.)

Anyway Willow would be next, she was awesome and I loved her transition from season 1 to the very end, especially the end of season 7 when she realizes that magic isn't this big black evil thing. Joss just has such an amazing talent at writing the kind of stuff that drips female empowerment, it's beautiful and I love it that there's people out there who truly can make a show that is a sheer metaphor for female empowerment.

Giles comes right after, great character and good for a few one liners that just crack me up. His accent makes the character in my opinion and I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed Buffy as much as I did if Anthony Stewart Head wasn't on the show.

After that I can't decide whether it'd be Xander, Tara or Anya, so I'll just say they're all equal in my books, they all evolve and change so much that it's great to see the final seasons of their characters.
I hate World of Warcraft

Dec 21, 2007 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
tough decision but Xander was my favorite, followed by Andrew. Loved the episode he was Spikes side kick.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Aug 22, 2008 7:50 AM

Oct 2007
Ok... my favourate is Buffy and Spike they're so awesome.
My Gaia's Name: Merleawe06
Nov 26, 2008 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
Spike is my all time fav, though I find Giles rather funny at times.

Nov 27, 2008 2:32 PM

May 2007
drusila said:

Spike's awesome, such a great character with so much emotion. And Giles is awesome too, I love it when he's Giles but shows his old 'Ripper' side. Like at the end of the seasons 5 finale, and the season 6 finale. He's a great character (And he's awesome in the season 8 comics)
I hate World of Warcraft

Nov 28, 2008 7:13 AM

Nov 2007
Zyro said:
drusila said:

Spike's awesome, such a great character with so much emotion. And Giles is awesome too, I love it when he's Giles but shows his old 'Ripper' side. Like at the end of the seasons 5 finale, and the season 6 finale. He's a great character (And he's awesome in the season 8 comics)

It is the english timid style which makes Giles so great, he is funny in a warm kind of way the total opposite to Spike which is a colder character but still great on that level.

Jan 1, 2009 7:36 AM

Oct 2008
I guess my favorite is Willow.Her character development and personality were a key element in the whole show.I can't imagine the series without her.Of course there are the others too.As all of you mentioned up there Spike was great,Giles had a very important role,but that's the coolness of the show.Every character is so unique and indispensable.They really make a team.I found stuff that i enjoy in all characters...Glory was the best villain of the show,i can't place faith there cuz she's...well Faith,ya` know :D...hotness hotness...*someone fan me.Tara was great,Dawn was annoying at first and after a short time she passed into the essential category.For the male cast...i loved Angel,i hated Riley(such a wuss) and i got used to Spike.He became a really cool character in the later seasons.Giles was like a storyteller,he was there to witness them all and aid any way he can,as well as being a key person in Buffy's development and basically for all the Scooby gang.Xander and Anya were awsome too...it was and will be my all time favorite series :)
Oct 6, 2009 11:52 PM
Aug 2009
It's great reading what you all say about BtVS and its characters. I'm a huge, huge fan. Every year here in Chicago area there's a Buffy fan charity event Slayathon, http://slayathon.org, it benefits Make-A-Wish, and at the 2008 event I took second place in Buffyverse trivia.

Willow is most likely my favorite, because truth be told Dopplegangland is like such a favorite and awesome episode. Did you know that Tony Head was an instant decision for Joss to make in casting, he was their first read for the part and when he left I've heard that Joss said, 'well, we don't need to see anyone else' and they had Giles.
Feb 3, 2010 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
Let me set the scene for you...

I was twenty and I had just had my tonsils out. I was on my couch with a blanket and a popsicle, channel surfing and lamenting daytime television, when I skipped past an amazingly gorgeous man with bleach blond hair. I blinked for a minute and then had go back and find out who that was. Spike, circa season 5. And thus began my love affair with the show and my favorite character has not changed since I first saw him.
“It’s not so much that I care about what you’re doing, but the idiotic way you’re doing it.”
Vincent Valentine

Apr 28, 2010 10:05 AM

Dec 2009
I have two favourite characters.

Giles and Spike.

I love their witty humor especially when their together, although I was a bit disappointed with Giles for letting Robin Wood nearly kill Spike >=/

But apart from that these two are so funny <3
May 27, 2010 1:57 PM

Apr 2009
Way too many awesome characters, I'll do a top 10:

01. Buffy Summers. She's the best, from funny to emotional to heroic, you name it (and hot). The best.
02. Giles. Way too awesome, he knocks it out of the park.
03. Spike rocks, and of course both as a villain and as a hero.
04. Angel. Throughout the years he really grew as a character.
05. Xander, hilarious and relatable.
06. Willow, needless to say. Like most of the scoobies, is funny and relatable.
07. Nina Ash. Angel's werewolf girlfriend. She's too awesome.
08. Wesley, again he really evolves over the years, and rocks.
09. Fred. Speaking of evolving, and she's lovable.
10. Faith. Hotness, attitude, fun stuff.
May 11, 2011 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
Pretty hard to make a top 10 of my favorite Buffy characters, because I love them all.

1- Spike/William. I've always had a huge crush on this epic character. He's hilarious, charming, and hot as hell, but also very troubled, unlucky and emotional. He's capable of both violence and love. Needless to say, Spuffy is my #1 OTP.
2- Buffy. Obviously, she's what makes the show amazing. The greatest heroine you'll ever find: strong, beautiful, funny, deep, with an unique personality. She never gives up despite her hard life. You can't help but adore her, really.
3- Giles. I'm a big Rupert fangirl. He's a gorgeous, handsome, classy man with that awesome English humour. He's caring and protective, a great support for all. I also love his dark past. Ripper is such a sexy nickname.
4- Jenny Calendar. Oh god, I loved her so much, her attitude, her looks, her story, everything. She's stunningly good-looking, smart, interesting, and rather obscure. Giles and Jenny were one hell of a couple. Why did she have to be killed? Fuck you, Angel, fuck you.
5- Tara. So sweet and lovable. Not particularly pretty or popular, but still a mature person, a good witch, and a caring girlfriend, that's what makes her so easy to symphatize with. I've been depressed for days when she died.
6- Willow. I really like her, both as a naive, shy bookworm and as a revengeful psycho lesbian witch. She's both fragile and strong. She's the brain of the Scooby Gang, a splendid friend, and makes a great couple with Tara.
7- Xander. He fails at life, but he wins as a character, because he's true, pure, and simple-minded. A fantastic friend. Okay, he's immature, silly and has no super powers, so what? The show needs a normal person in the cast.
8- Faith. Wild, crazy, dangerous, badass, and hot, what more could you ask? A great rival for Buffy and the gang. She pretends to be the strongest girl on Earth, but she's actually really complex and messed up.
9- Glory. She's a totally insane, hilarious, brain-sucking Goddess. Easily my favorite antagonist of the series.
10- Anya. She's so sincere, bizzarre and funny. Not likeable all the time, but I love her vendicative soul. It's interesting to watch her trying to figure out how the human world's life works. She makes a good pairing with Xander.

Honorable mentions:
- Drusilla. Mentally retarded or completely out of her mind? Maybe both. The point is, you can't help but like this schizoid vampire lady. She sure brings some dark humour to the show.
- Oz. What I liked about him was his stoic attitude and deadpan humour. Plus, I love musicians. Too bad I hate werewolves, and it pissed me off when he made Willow suffer so much.
- Ethan Rayne. lmao, such a charming and hilarious bastard. I loved him.
- Codelia. Your usual rich, spoiled, unbearable queen bee. Not as stupid and shallow as she seems.The fact is, she's a complete tsundere. When she fell in love with Xander and suffered so much when their relationship ended, you can't hate her anymore.
- Joyce. A great mother for sure. Very human and kind. Depressing death is depressing.
- Dawn. She may be annoying at times, but she's still a quite lovely character, perfect as Buffy's little sister. She's an extremely pretty and curious troublemaker, and lightens up the mood when it gets too serious. Not to mention that she had a crush on Spike, so she's not (completely) stupid.
RenaPsychoKillerMay 30, 2011 6:11 PM

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» favorite five episodes

taraswizard - Oct 7, 2009

1 by madbrilliant »»
Feb 3, 2010 4:13 PM

» Music/Soundtack

Chim3ra - Jan 1, 2009

1 by taraswizard »»
Dec 4, 2009 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.