Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 12, 2022 12:34 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusApr 12, 2022 12:49 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2020
They managed to make an episode solely about fighting a computer virus interesting, haha!
Even as someone with little to no advanced computer/tech knowledge, this was still entertaining

It was interesting to learn more about the MAGI, particularly how it's essentially an extension of Ritsuko's mom's mind which sort of brings the motif of everything being connected to humans full circle -- first we had the 99.89% DNA match between humans and angels, and now we have this all-knowing supercomputer system that's essentially created from the mind of a human woman

We also got to see some more of Kaji being sneaky around the facility -- we still don't know his true intentions..
Jun 29, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2007
the more we revealed about stuff on the nerv i'm getting suspicious on angel's target are justified lol.
it's just seems that the human are the one to cause the impactions.
Sep 23, 2022 2:55 PM
Aug 2022
really interesting episode. this was focused more on the adults rather than the kids so that's a nice change of pace. we finally learn more about a "magi" is, and how apparently ritsuko's mother was like the person who was sampled to become it? it's hard to describe exactly, you'd have to actually watch it to know what i'm talking about, but yeah. pretty cool! the angel concept was realy cool as well. though the episode wasn't mind blowing either so it sits at 4 stars.
Oct 24, 2022 2:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I like how these past few episodes are simply them dealing with various angels, I like how they still each carry a bit of weight to them- this one especially. Makes me kind of want to learn more about Ritsuko's mother, a character that we haven't seen and never will, and was never even mentioned before this episode I believe. But while these mostly episodic stories are not bad by any means, I hope we do get the ball rolling soon; and from the next episode preview it appears to be that way. It's been perhaps even over a year since I watched this last, and I forget when the plot really starts to kick in again, but I hope it's soon.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 13, 2022 2:58 AM
Aug 2020
This episode sort of developed the idea of parenthood a little more, specifically a parent's affects on their children. The parents we have seen thus far have all been scientifically minded peoples who have given their lives - and their children's lives - to Nerv. It's interesting to see the way that Ritsuko objectively, yet somehow still fondly, speaks of her mother in almost a bitter way - in the same way that Shinji and Misato do as well. A commentary of generational abuse is sort of coming up here.

As for the content of the episode - I thought it felt a little bit confusing, but it was interest to have the children sit out of the battle for once. The shot that shows their pods floating was very interesting to me - indicating their helplessness maybe. Anyways. This show is getting more interesting by the episode.
Dec 13, 2022 10:34 AM
Apr 2022
it was different brev
Dec 28, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2022
Yay the Ritsuko Episode. Kind of crazy how everyone seems to have a workaholic parental figure who they hate.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jan 13, 2023 11:44 AM

Nov 2020
W Shinji. W Evas. W everything. W Rei.
Jan 30, 2023 10:08 PM

Mar 2016
Rather cliched with the less than a second save, but at least it didn't quite fall into the cliche of hack being preventable by just powering everything off due to the organic nano-machine nature of the angel.
Which really begs the question. Why the hell has no one questioned why/how all these angels have been so different from each other?!

One was a giant humanoid, diamond spaceship with huge drill, another humanoid but could split in 2, we've had huge underwater whale, lava-swimming angler, acid-crying giant spider, orbital death from above, now a nano-organism colony that could create a living super computer. All this variety and no-one questions it. Just scan, it gives the angel reading and they kill it. Or in this case subdue it.

NERV may have stopped the Angel takeover, but how do they move on from here? Isn't that angel still in the system, and surely self-destructing would've caused the angel to die anyway, so why did it settle for stalemate?

Think again, the main reason I'm loving each episode is the pointers and hints to things that are likely to come to a head much later. What were those temporary bodies and why are they looking into autopilot? The other interesting point was when they launched the EVAs to the surface to keep them safe. Unit 01 had priority. Ikari didn't want to save Rei's prototype unit or Unit 02 (which is meant to be the newer model). What is it specifically about Unit 01 that makes it the most valuable that it would be worth sacrificing 2 other units to save?
May 9, 2023 4:57 PM
Nov 2022
I liked the intensity of fighting the computer virus as well as some of the stuff that was said. Still haven’t had a perfect episode yet but the 8th one came pretty close.
May 26, 2023 6:43 PM
Apr 2020
Really cool episode, loved learning more about Ritsuko and her mother
Jun 24, 2023 2:04 AM
Jan 2019
Too many words, not enough animation, I can't read
Jul 7, 2023 3:52 AM
Apr 2023
I didn't really understand what was going on but i loved every second of it
Dec 7, 2023 7:01 PM

Mar 2022
It’s not as good as the previous one but it was nice for Ritsuko taking central focus here and it was a little different from the usual Angel attacks and it was mainly just a cyber virus esque one this time trying to take control of the main base itself.

I feel like with this one it gives us a break from the main trio even if it’s only for an episode or so. It was good of the show to give us something interesting but cool at the same time. Not bad otherwise.
Jan 12, 12:14 AM

Dec 2022
the holyette trinity
Jan 12, 4:46 AM
Jan 2024
Great chapter that touches very well on scientific topics in microbiology and human technology, as well as psychology and human personalities.
Feb 11, 4:55 AM
Feb 2024
ıt was good okay?
Mar 5, 3:39 AM
Feb 2024
Magi is fascinating!! The implications are incredible and I can't believe they glossed. over True-AI Like that!!
Mar 7, 1:16 AM

Apr 2016
Man! This came in the mid nineties!!! It feels like Evangelion could have come out today and still be fresh! What a trip :D
Mar 7, 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
A Ritsuko centric episode, i loved it.
i find the idea of creating the magi with three different parts of her mother's personality so fascinating, they are in costant conflict between themselfes like real people.
Ritsuko is so interesting, it makes me sad that she is underated by the community.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Apr 4, 8:43 PM
Jul 2023
Damn, if you think about it, that’s probably the most powerful angel so far
- I find the magi system awesome! What a unique sci fi idea. I love the world building of this show
- we need more Ritsuko!
- Could have done without the naked children but other than that great episode
Apr 11, 5:49 PM
Apr 2023
Episode entirely focused on an Angel infiltration the Magi. Very interesting but had difficulty focusing (probably cus it’s 2:50 am).
Yesterday, 9:46 AM
Aug 2022
i loved it safaier rafaiel
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

71 by SodaPopFrequency »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 23, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

197 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 22, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.