Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 2008 6:26 PM

Jul 2006
thanks for joining all!

@kakkou-kun: yes, he was the main. oofuri could totally do more seasons and become a nice rival to the major series XD
Apr 26, 2008 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
Hey, just to say Hi! I really enjoy sports anime. I'm currently watching Major S4 (waiting for the next episode from mjn) and recently finished Ookiku Furikabutte. That was a very funny series. I also watched already the prince of tennis, Capeta, initial D and Hajime no Ippo. Really good series all o f them. Do you guys know something about the fansub of eyeshield 21? I havent seen any release of any group in a while.

Apr 26, 2008 10:00 PM

Jul 2006
hi and welcome!

my bf told me about some releases but i forgot them. next time i talk to him, i'll make sure to ask. what ep are you stuck at?
Apr 26, 2008 10:33 PM
Jul 2007
Agreed on the more seasons required for oofuri, also note...

Thank you (Domi Arigato) Whatever, for reminding me how friggen awesome eyeshield was. Rewatching it now, the op still rocks.
Apr 26, 2008 10:50 PM

Jul 2006
to be honest, the first 10 or so were not that interesting but now that i got past that its super exciting. im on ep 39 and they are soon to start the fall tournament XD
Apr 26, 2008 10:54 PM
Jul 2007
Theres like 20 bum filler episodes before the final tournament starts. They still haven't finished subbing it although they did skip right past. Regardless lots of training, goof off episodes, and some minor backstory bits. Some good, Some bad. Don't get discouraged and feel free to skip a few if they start getting on your nerves.
Apr 27, 2008 3:11 AM

Nov 2007
hi everyone! i'm new in this club...i hope we can have a great discussion about sports animes here!xD

Apr 27, 2008 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
HI June, about eyeshield I have a gap from 88-107 and then all the new episodes after 122. thanks a lot for your help :).
Apr 28, 2008 4:14 AM
Feb 2008
hello to every one :)
sorry can anyone tell me whats the name of a anime with volleyball with the main protagonist a red haire kid ?
i was to little when i saw that anime and i don't remember the name of the anime :(
anyway i'will apriciate everyones help
Apr 28, 2008 12:48 PM
Apr 28, 2008 1:09 PM

Jul 2006
if not that one, then attack no. 1 is probably the most famous volleyball anime.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=757

welcome linnah!

@blind: ok, i'll see whats out and let ya know, if i find out.
Apr 28, 2008 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
Hi!

Thanks for the invite, I was lured by the Oofuri pic ^_^ I love sports anime, ah, sweat, blood and tears...that's a proper shounen life!
Apr 28, 2008 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
thanks a lot June :)
May 26, 2008 1:17 AM

Jul 2006
Hi and thanks for joining ^_^

the most popular (and rightly so...) would be:

Hajime no Ippo [BOXING]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=129
Prince of Tennis [TENNIS]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=56
Major (seasons 1-4) [BASEBALL]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2168
Hikaru no Go [BOARD GAME]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=84
Slam Dunk [BASKETBALL]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=590
Hungry Heart Wild Striker [SOCCER]: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=612

they are the most widely know series and rated highly not only in the sports genre but in anime in general.

some other good ones would include, eyeshield 21 (american football) and the hot new baseball anime, ookiku furikabutte.
May 26, 2008 2:28 AM

Jul 2006
well, we have streams of eyeshield and a gymnastics anime called fly high in the club info.

and you can probably find most of the animes i've listed on crunchyroll.
May 26, 2008 3:53 AM

Jul 2006
ah and there's a new thread of streaming anime now. =)
Jun 7, 2008 12:07 PM
Jun 2008
Heyo! New to the site and new to the club, wanted to say how are yall doing out there!?

Heh...I've been a big Sports Anime fan out of the gate practically. I really only got into Anime in recent years so I have plenty of catching up to do and I think I've done well. I started off I think with Eyeshield 21 since well I love football and seems to work out. I feel like sports anime just have that special charm about them that makes me want to watch them. I get all pumped up to watch them. Actually I usually watch them at the gym when I'm running because they keep me pumped for "Training!" haha

I just recently got into the Major series (put it off as I really don't care for baseball) and enjoyed that a lot. I think so far the weirdest sports anime I have watched was Dan Doh! I think my friends think I am insane due to my random golf needs.

Anyway, big love for the club. I'll try to stop by to keep up the chat but until then Have fun!

BTW- I have the same gap in my eyeshield collection and I don't want to watch the new until I find the missing gap!
Jun 7, 2008 3:25 PM

Jul 2006
i have even lost my motivation to continue to the stalled part because i know its there XD

welcome to the club and MAL. ^_^
Jun 8, 2008 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
hey
i like anime like ippo and slam dunk
Jun 8, 2008 7:22 PM

Jul 2006
good to know... now go watch more baseball animes ^_^

welcome.
Jul 7, 2008 6:04 AM

Dec 2007
Lol hello~! I love ookiku furikabutte! Is there gonna be a second season? D:
Jul 14, 2008 8:16 PM

Jul 2006
i wish, but havent heard anything. welcome =)
Jul 18, 2008 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
Lol.. I've posted at other threads yet I've never said HI!

How's everyone going out there?

I'll be going for Major soon! Is there any place for me to find "Whistle!"? It was one of my 1st mangas! I wanna watch the anime!

Everyone just go ahead and have fun with the sports animes!
Sep 28, 2008 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
June said:
i think there's different phases to anime.

you start with the popular ones (FMA, naurto, bleach) then you work ur way into ecchi and harem (ah my goddess, etc), then maybe revisit stuff you never realized was anime (sailor moon, etc), then you start watching stuff like death note and think you are really coming to be a veteran anime watcher. then after you run out of stuff to watch you finally get to the obscure genres like sports.

luckily for me PoT was one of the first 50 series i finished so i got to start out early o_o

Your phases only hold completely true for people who first started watching/being a fan relatively recently (and thus have more recent series + streaming video or downloads from the start). For me, the gateway anime, the ones I first realised were anime, were Cardcaptors, Escaflowne, Digimon, and Princess Mononoke. I followed this with more movies (Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle of Cagliostro) and whatever was on TV. Scrapped Princess got me into fansubs, and Anime Network on Demand introduced me to Princess Nine - so far the only sports anime that I've finished. I think I thought I was kind of a veteran a while before I joined this site, but now I realise there's so much out there I'll never get to see all the good stuff.

Though it's true, a lot of people go through popular + recent series before they start looking into older or more obscure ones.

Anyway, I'm new. Right now I'm watching Attacker You! (Jeanne et Serge, the French dub) and Hungry Heart Wild Striker.

I don't really play sports - was on a soccer team as a little kid, but chickened out of sports later on for the most part (that and I'm pretty clumsy). As for watching sports, I like soccer, ice skating, and diving the best I think, though I don't watch any sport religiously. I got to go to an international women's soccer game not so long ago. It was awesome.
Oct 12, 2008 5:15 AM

Oct 2008
Hi!!!I'm new to this club and to MAL...I really love sports anime...
My fav are Prince of tennis(I also play tennis :P) and Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002!!
I also like hikaru no go, dear boys, aoki densetsu shoot and eyeshield 21!!!
(I also read a lot of sport manga!!!!)

Oct 22, 2008 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
hi, I"m kayla, and my fave sports anime is eyehield 21
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Oct 24, 2008 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Hello! I'm happy to join this awesome club. Name's Alex.
Oct 24, 2008 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
Hello :)
Oct 27, 2008 4:44 AM

Sep 2008
Hi everyone! I just joined this club and i have to say it really helps me to find new sports anime...i really love them.when i cant find new ones i just switch to manga...currently reading Crimson Hero( i like it so far) or rewatching some of my favs
-LosT-A said:
Lol.. I've posted at other threads yet I've never said HI!

How's everyone going out there?

I'll be going for Major soon! Is there any place for me to find "Whistle!"? It was one of my 1st mangas! I wanna watch the anime!

Everyone just go ahead and have fun with the sports animes!

I think you can watch all the episodes on crunchyroll but u have to make an account...i loved that series as well..too bad it ends like that i wish for another season=[
Oct 27, 2008 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
Hi! Well, you can call me a "sports freak." lol I can't live with it.

Anyway, I've not read/watched any sport mangas/animes except for Slam Dunk. I'm planning on watching Prince of Tennis but having a hard on finding a good place/site to download the series.. But oh well. XD

Oct 28, 2008 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
Hi guys I'm new! Well not new to MAL but new to the community. At first I just used the site to read the reviews but after discovering the forums and the clubs, I find that anime is more exciting to watch if I can discuss a show or an episode with people who have the same interests. :)

I got hooked on sports anime from watching Slam Dunk around 6 or 7 years ago. (I play basketball) Then came Hajime no Ippo, Initial D, Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21, etc. etc. I just love it. Of all the shows, my favorite would have to be Eyeshield 21 :) I am currently at the edge of my seat waiting for the next subbed episode of One Outs. :)
rackoyOct 28, 2008 11:08 AM

Apr 6, 2009 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
hello everyone!!
my favorite sports anime are:
-Prince of Tennis
-Major (all seasons)

Apr 9, 2009 11:39 PM
Apr 2009
hi! just signed up :D used to really e into fantasy anime and now im really getting into sports anime :D can anyone name me really good basketball animes apart from dear boys, buzzer beater, and slam dunk??
Apr 19, 2009 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
yay for Sports Anime :)

May 3, 2009 1:36 AM

Jul 2007
Hey! I am new here and i love sports anime
[/url]

Jun 10, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
Hello ! I just join ! Yoroshiku~!
I'm more of a sport manga fan, but when one really took me I go watch it ; cos well, in the anime, with move, voice and all, it add to it just greatly ^^
And I was searching for more sport related stuff, I think I will find them here ^^
Jun 17, 2009 10:35 AM
Apr 2009
well, for me it starts with shaman king, I know, funny, but it was on TV, and I kinda accidentally came across it. And then I fell for typical mahou shoujo type, then there were sweet romances, then more adult romances eg. clannad, lots of fantasy/sci-fi (Jyu Oh Sei, my personal favurite, and elemental gelade) and shounen (e.g DN Angel). Then it changed to sport/mystery (Death Note, Spiral, Prince of Tennis, Dear Boys, Shion no Ou, Hikaru no Go). And then I went further, and I became totally addicted to all different manga. So you can say I'm both anime and manga otaku. Well, Happy to be here, be nice to me please, senpaitachi :P.
Jun 20, 2009 6:03 PM

May 2008
Hi, just found out about this club.

Personally I find the sports genre to be the most entertaining.
The struggles of an athlete to overcome the challenges in his way are set up for interesting plot devices and allow for alot of creativity.

So far my favourite sports anime would be Major, but I also liked:
- Slam Dunk
- Prince of Tennis
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Jul 26, 2009 12:11 PM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
Hi to all sports anime fans!!!
Aug 15, 2009 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
Hello
Even thought i'm here for long time i've never posted in the forum...What a shame ;D
From now on I promise to do it once in a while ;))
Aug 16, 2009 11:08 AM

Mar 2008
yo :D
well the reason why i'am here is that i like anime that is sport related :D
I must admit that i recently started watching sport anime ... and i was stuned and amazed by the atmosphere and rivality (I hope a got the word right) ...
some fav. are: Major, Slum Dunk (now watching), One Outs, Capeta, Princess Nine etc ..
a would like to add also Hikaru no Go, Akagi and Kaiji .. a think they are also sport tipe of anime but many ppl say they are not .. well i don't care for me they are :D

also i don't know why is Hajime no Ippo so popular ... well it's ok ... but I think it's pretty much overrated
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Sep 8, 2009 4:36 AM
Oct 2008
Yo!

I love all the sport animes I have seen until now! Favourite ones: Air Gear, Major S1-5, Prince of Tennis, One Outs, Hajime no Ippo.

I'd like to get Ganba Fly High for a while but it's nowhere to find. If anyone have the series or a link plz PM me!
Oct 27, 2009 5:15 PM

May 2009
ElemenT said:

also i don't know why is Hajime no Ippo so popular ... well it's ok ... but I think it's pretty much overrated

Hmm it's not so serious all the time that's why i like it. I don't think it's overrated yet i've only watched challenger series. They say drawings are not that good at the beginning.. I suggest you to watch Prince of Tennis;)
Oct 31, 2009 12:51 AM

Mar 2008
^ I did, i was like what to watch PoT or HnI ... so i first wached PoT and then HnI ..
also watched the second seasone for Hajime, and I must say it's better, it was like more tense and the animation is also great :)

btw cool sig ;)
Anime Achievements
Dec 17, 2009 10:21 PM

Sep 2009
Hello...

Im too shy to post everyday..If its ok..

My name, charlene, translated into Japanese is: Chaarin (see the pronounciation guide).
Get your own Japanese name translation at Keiichi Anime Forever!
Feb 5, 2010 4:05 AM

Mar 2009
hallo
Feb 27, 2010 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
Yo everyone!
Eyeshield 21 left a good impresion on me so, I decided to check other sport mangas (^^)
Mar 3, 2010 4:29 AM

Mar 2008
yo Starrk :)
i would recommend Slam Dunk
Anime Achievements
Mar 21, 2010 12:50 PM

Oct 2008
Hi! I'm a newbie ^^ I love sport manga-s, anime-s! My fav is Eyeshield 21!
Mar 23, 2010 1:51 AM

Mar 2008
yo murasakiyaoi ^^
Anime Achievements
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM

» What Sports Anime are you planning to watch? ( 1 2 )

underMebius - Aug 2, 2008

57 by -Ayu »»
Dec 24, 2016 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.