Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 23, 2013 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Manly tears. Many, many manly tears were shed this episode. Such a great story arc. I loved every minute of it. Fuka was such a fun, cute character. I didn't think Clannad would be able to beat Kanon's first arc, but it pretty much tied. (Makoto's in Kanon has a special place in heart for many reasons) But still, it's sad that no one can see her anymore. I hope she shows back up again, either later on in this, or in After Story.

And now we go from super emotional to more upbeat as a new arc begins. From the preview, I really can't wait to see Kotomi's arc.
Apr 11, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2012
The worst part was when they woke up in school and Fuko-chan wasnt in between them; when the impending tragedy became reality.

But I didn't shed a tear until the exact moment when Okizaki started crying. At that moment i thought "Okizaka, you and I are one and the same. Yes, even in our extreme laziness" XD
Apr 29, 2013 5:40 PM
Mar 2013
Simply beautiful! A real tear-jerker
May 2, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
well i am re-watching the show since i mixed this anime up with another one. actually this is the first time 3 tears dropped from a anime and really i had hard time not to let more tears come while i never dropped tear on anything even in real life its rare for me so all i can say this is amazing.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 10, 2013 3:28 PM
Apr 2013
i actually cried on this one

very good
May 16, 2013 5:16 PM
Apr 2013
Geeeez...cried like a little child.

Beautiful ending to this arc, I am hooked on this anime now, can't believe its taken me this long to watch it...
May 30, 2013 6:03 AM

May 2013
T-T............

At first this arc was kind of confusing but I think I got it, with Ibuki-sensei having to learn the difference between being hung up on the past and moving on while still being happy. Fuko may be in a coma but she will live on in people inside the wooden starfish so she hasn't been totally forgotten, even though nobody "actually" met the real non-ghost Fuko.
May 30, 2013 6:58 AM

Apr 2013
Machida_Karate said:
T-T............

At first this arc was kind of confusing but I think I got it, with Ibuki-sensei having to learn the difference between being hung up on the past and moving on while still being happy. Fuko may be in a coma but she will live on in people inside the wooden starfish so she hasn't been totally forgotten, even though nobody "actually" met the real non-ghost Fuko.

Kind of? different people will interpret in different ways, that kind of thinking of yours I LIKE~
Jun 2, 2013 12:35 AM
Mar 2013
for the past few episodes its been nothing but tears poor fu-chan I hope she wakes up <3 omg
Jun 6, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
Looks like the starfish served a good purpose in the very end.

Crazy how throughout the whole story arc we never see Fuko's physical body.
Jun 8, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
Fuck this arc was lame.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 9, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2013
QueenJenny said:
Fuck this arc was lame.

^ this
Jun 15, 2013 4:45 AM

Aug 2011
I loved the ending to Fuko's arc. I thought her arc was pretty slow paced but it started to pick up in the last three episodes. I really loved the ending of her running around the school, I though that way it was drawn was moving and beautiful.
Jun 23, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
Miracles do happen...yada...yada...yada.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jul 4, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
I was soooo close to crying. Don't know why i didn't. (although i have no idea what the hell Yuko "is")
Jul 10, 2013 8:04 PM
Sep 2012
It's been a long while when i first watched Clannad and After Story...Last night , i had a feeling that i was forgetting all of the imprints Clannad dropped on my heart...I had to watch it all over again , even tho it's acually being a pain for me to watch it...Since im a cry hard normally , when i watch Clannad , and mostly when i remember little by little as im watching it again , i cant hold a single tear in me...Im crying like a child with hich ups and so...

But its totally worth it...Clannad really had , have and will have an important part in my life...

As for the final episode of Fu-chan arc , well tissues wasnt enough so i had to use a towel...Not sure what will i do on next arc and even in After Story...Prolly im going to need a maiden for myself to remove my tears from all over my face...
Jul 16, 2013 2:02 AM
Jun 2013
Wow didn't know Clanned would steer in this direction. Honestly thought the anime was going to be shit but this ep just redeemed it aye.

At first i found Fuko cute, then annoying and just wanted her to disappear already but when she finally did i felt a lump in the bottom of my throat (the part where Fuko gives her sister a starfish and says goodbye). Usually i am not the emotional type but that part kinda made me feel something. This anime just went up by two points, great arc, no wonder it's rated high, can't wait for next ep. 7.9/10.

BTW if i were to find a random wooden starfish in my room i'd freak the fuck out! I've been watching to much Clanned.
yungstudJul 16, 2013 2:05 AM
Jul 18, 2013 9:53 AM
Mar 2013
So ends the Fuko arc. So touching... The building up to this episode, I didn't feel anything, but this episode, I felt really sad and almost cried when they cried. Hope she comes back, 1 of my favorite characters...
Aug 5, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
the music that plays in clannad really does a good job of drawing out the emotion in the scenes.
i dont get how some people could have though this arc was boring. unless you're a brick or weren't paying ANY attention to the show, this should've made you feel even a twinge of emotion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2013 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
Great way to end that arc.

This was a touching episode. Now I see why it's rated high.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 15, 2013 10:56 PM

Apr 2013
Right in da feels
Aug 19, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
Beautiful episode, I cried a lot T__T I realised about halfway through that this was the end for Fuuko, that we wouldn't see her again and with the music as well it was too sad! I'm really hoping Fuuko wakes up and everybody remembers her. Looking forward to the next arc.
Aug 22, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
I went on a feel trip during this episode
Aug 25, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
I knew that something like this would happen,and it was sad..
And that song during the weeding was great.
Fuko i hope to see you in the future episodes,this time as a girl whoke up from coma.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 26, 2013 7:53 PM
Jan 2013
I can't believe they forgot her. It turned out well, though. I may have cried a little at the end of the wedding, when she gave her sister the starfish.
I hope we see Fuuko-chan again.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 10, 2013 6:07 AM

May 2013
my heart hurts time to watch some comedy to recover
Sep 16, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was so touching! When Fu-chan gave the starfish to her sister I started crying for the rest of the episode, I just couldn't stop!
I love this anime so far, and I really like that if the main characters are sad the you feel sad to, it's really well made and really beatiful story.
I hope the next arc is just as good as this one was!

Peace!
Sep 20, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
This was a very moving and beautiful episode, I teared up alot. This was the perfect way to end the Fuko arc. I'm gonna miss Fuko- We'll always remember you! In the end it seems like the only one who really remembered Fuko was Tomoya, If I'm not mistaken.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 18, 2013 4:42 AM

Oct 2013
Even though I predicted this event, I still could not contain my man tears. I am going to hate this anime if Fuko doesn't awaken from her coma by the end of the series. ._.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 7, 2013 11:52 AM
Oct 2013
I was crying so hard for fuko ;-;
Nov 9, 2013 1:10 PM
Aug 2013
This was such an amazing episode. The whole wedding scene where everyone showed to congradulate Ms Ibuki and Yusuke was just awe-inspiring
Nov 18, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think there have been an anime that have made me cry, even teared up, until this episode. When she told Tomoya about the dream she had, I just lost it and cryed like a baby.

Truly a beautiful episode
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 21, 2013 7:01 PM
Aug 2013
damn
Jan 22, 2014 5:33 PM

Aug 2013
I cried at this I didn't think it would get so sad so soon. This is my first time watching Clannad, I put it off because I didn't want to cry and 9 episode in I'm already a mess.
Feb 3, 2014 2:04 PM
Jun 2012
Wimwinkle said:
I cried at this I didn't think it would get so sad so soon. This is my first time watching Clannad, I put it off because I didn't want to cry and 9 episode in I'm already a mess.

Wait til you get to the climax of the season.. T__T

And After Story... TT__TT

-Arvis
Feb 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
Fuko :'c
Mar 3, 2014 2:47 AM

Oct 2013
fuuko = sorted
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 9, 2014 4:50 AM

Mar 2013
Show still bores me but I almost got feels. Is this the only major sad scene until after story?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 22, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
cried rivers.the best end I can imagine, so beautifull.
it is really one of the best eps !
Apr 4, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
YO Wtf.. I just can't. No. Please tell me Fuko will wake up.. I mean..
But why? And.. Errh.. I can't believe what this show has done to me..

And There's still a lot of time till this show clenches my heart and yanks it out....but still this anime is beautiful. I finally get why it's regarded as one of the best now.

God.. I.. I JUST CAN'T HOLD ALL THESE FEELS.. SHEESH!
Apr 5, 2014 6:44 AM

Dec 2010
Pfpfpfpfpfpfpfpf, you never know what to comment on a Clannad episode. The ending was so much happier than the ghost story in Air though(fortunately). For me the best part was the night Nagisa and Tomoya spent with Fuuko. Even after two years, I could remember clearly how touching it was. Tomoya and Nagisa are really the best friends ever. Fuuko also helped them so much to get close to one each other, I was wondering so much why are they referring to each other with such distance. After all Fuuko herself too grew to be a great person and understand closeness with others.

One of the best episodes ever.
Apr 16, 2014 1:56 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta say this episode did have some major feels...

But, I have concluded that I have a heart of stone because I laughed half way through because it struck me how ridiculous everything was. Imagine being a senior and you come across some girl and whaa she's a ghost but not a ghost, she's actually the spirit of a girl in a coma! Then, you and another senior decide to adopt her and go and sleepover at a school, at night. And for some reason, everyone's forgetting her when they see her real face. Then you attend a wedding of her big sister even though you don't remember getting the invite and it's in a school, who the hell has a wedding in a school.

The ending was quite sad when everyone ended up forgetting her.

On another note, I still don't know anyone's names in the show... So everytime someone is mentioned, I sit there confused till the person actually shows up.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Apr 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW, MAN. I CAN'T. ;_;

Not in a bad way though. What a fantastically touching conclusion to Fuko's arc. 9/10.
JDubyewApr 16, 2014 1:54 PM
Apr 21, 2014 11:29 PM

Nov 2013
not emontional at all but fukos voice is sooooo kawaii
May 7, 2014 9:49 PM
Apr 2012
not gonna lie i'm bored as fuck watching this anime...i'll give it like 1 or 2 more episodes i guess
May 14, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2013
aw, das q. still didn't cry tho X]
May 18, 2014 11:22 PM

Apr 2014
Somewhere near the End after Ibuki Sensei Scene...a Track played out...Sora ni Hikaru....I thought of Spirited Away.......Weird ha?...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jun 15, 2014 5:38 AM

Jul 2013
This episode T_T
Weaklings can't choose their way of death - Law
Jun 26, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
Re-watching Clannad and I found that the lump in my throat on this arc was greater the second time round. I don't know how I'll deal with the later arcs and After Story again if I almost teared up on (what I consider to be) the least impactful arc from the whole series.

I think I didn't understand it fully when I watched first time, that may be why. Still, it was so beautiful :3
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

350 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by Extremo888 »»
May 8, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenjouname - Feb 15, 2008

305 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 6, 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.