Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Kuroshitsuji' Anime Series Announced [Update 3/22]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2012
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
2-D said:
A lot of fangirls suddenly got very moist.

My thoughts exactly. I tried to watch the show with an open mind, I mean the first season was okay. But yeah...it's basically fan service for the ladies, like that new swimming anime.

It's not just fanservice for girls theirs a lot more to this anime, guys can enjoy this anime an example would be my brother he loves this show despite the fact that he's not all that into anime
Jan 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Guess I better finish watching season 1 and 2. From what I watched it seemed pretty good, but I was busy, put it on hold and, well, you know how it goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2014 6:19 PM

Feb 2012
Laciie said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
2-D said:

My thoughts exactly. I tried to watch the show with an open mind, I mean the first season was okay. But yeah...it's basically fan service for the ladies, like that new swimming anime.

Fanservice for the ladies? What? Have you seen Kuroshitsuji? Unless you're talking about the BL undertones/subtext/shipfuel, whatever. But they're UNDERTONES. It's not 'basically fanservice' because that's not what a majority of the anime was.
To be fair, those 'undertones' are more like intentional hints. The author is a total fujoshi. BB is not a series like that, but that won't stop her from putting those things in there because she actually likes them.

That said, no one should write off this show over that since while they are present, they're so minor you can easily overlook them. I did until i saw a bunch of fanwork. The action and humor in it is tops and so is the style and stories.
The only thing that will remind you of those undertones is Grell, and he's too hilarious to care how blatantly gay he is.
Jan 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2008
I'm a lone ranger who preferred the 2nd season to the 1st. Not really sure what I think of this news. Need to know more before I can really decide if I'm interested in seeing more.
Jan 16, 2014 7:39 PM

Apr 2013
That's great news! Hopefully they wil follow the manga this time.
Jan 16, 2014 7:54 PM

Oct 2012
Please follow the fucking manga this time.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 16, 2014 11:25 PM
May 2012
I still haven't watched any Kuroshitsuji Anime, but I will soon.

I hope too that they'll follow the Manga this time like most of you here said :D
Jan 17, 2014 12:06 AM

Jun 2012
FINALLY!!!!

I didn't like the second half of the first season up until how it ended. The second half on the first season that's when it started to go off track from the manga right?? I hope this time they follow the manga but keep the main VA
Jan 17, 2014 12:09 AM

Jun 2012
Ahh, that's great news. ;v; I really liked season 2 to be honest, but I still really hope that this'll be a reboot instead! I'd love it if it were to follow the manga, there are some pretty cool arcs I'd love to see animated, ahah. uvu
Jan 17, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2009
I hope it'll be a remake that follows the manga this time. There's plenty of material this time around, so it could easily be a 24 episodes or so anime.

Tbh I still need to finish the first season, but I found the second season.. well not very good, let's leave it at that. Most of the time I either facepalmed or thought "oh god, no."
Jan 17, 2014 12:37 AM
May 2013
Going to wait for this ..:DD
Jan 17, 2014 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
I need to watch the 1st and 2nd season. This'll be great.
Jan 17, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
I read on some news site that it will stick to the manga <3

It better has the Circus Arc!
Jan 17, 2014 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
I'm hoping they'll do something like FMA Brotherhood and follow the manga closely, without Flanderizing all the characters like the anime did.
Jan 17, 2014 9:53 AM

May 2013
Sebas-Chan is a cool ass character, hope this time they don´t fuck it like Season II
Jan 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
Vyudali said:
Laciie said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
2-D said:

Fanservice for the ladies? What? Have you seen Kuroshitsuji? Unless you're talking about the BL undertones/subtext/shipfuel, whatever. But they're UNDERTONES. It's not 'basically fanservice' because that's not what a majority of the anime was.
To be fair, those 'undertones' are more like intentional hints. The author is a total fujoshi. BB is not a series like that, but that won't stop her from putting those things in there because she actually likes them.

That said, no one should write off this show over that since while they are present, they're so minor you can easily overlook them. I did until i saw a bunch of fanwork. The action and humor in it is tops and so is the style and stories.
The only thing that will remind you of those undertones is Grell, and he's too hilarious to care how blatantly gay he is.

I do agree about the hints and all (I know Toboso it's a fujoshi, it's pretty obvious), but that's not what makes Kuroshitsuji. It's not like that's the majority of the anime (although I can't speak for the second season, and I won't) or the manga.
Jan 17, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
Hope it follows the manga.
Jan 17, 2014 3:32 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Laciie said:

Like anyone is watching Kuroshitsuji for the plot. And here I hear that it has 'just' undertones.
Jan 17, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
Chinensis said:
Laciie said:

Like anyone is watching Kuroshitsuji for the plot. And here I hear that it has 'just' undertones.

Well rumours are never 100% true. I won't deny it for season two, but the first season and especially the manga are great even without the undertones and shouldn't be written off just because they have them.
Jan 17, 2014 4:37 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Laciie said:

Well rumours are never 100% true. I won't deny it for season two, but the first season and especially the manga are great even without the undertones and shouldn't be written off just because they have them.

I know many Kuroshitsuji fangirls and they only seem to care about Sebastian or how close he is with Ciel.
Even if the manga has potential, I doubt anyone will care further than the CielxSebastian pairing.
Jan 17, 2014 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Chinensis said:
Laciie said:

I know many Kuroshitsuji fangirls and they only seem to care about Sebastian or how close he is with Ciel.
Even if the manga has potential, I doubt anyone will care further than the CielxSebastian pairing.

You're basing your opinion of Kuroshitsuji, a manga you haven't even read, off of fangirls who ship Sebastian and Ciel...? I don't see the logic in this all. Yeah, they are close (I guess) and all, but there's more to Kuroshitsuji than that.
Jan 17, 2014 5:35 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Laciie said:

You're basing your opinion of Kuroshitsuji, a manga you haven't even read, off of fangirls who ship Sebastian and Ciel...? I don't see the logic in this all. Yeah, they are close (I guess) and all, but there's more to Kuroshitsuji than that.

How do you know I haven't read it or at least some part of it? Oh please, 'I don't see the logic', yaoi undertones sell, like sex in eroge sell.
Jan 17, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2011
Chinensis said:
Laciie said:

How do you know I haven't read it or at least some part of it? Oh please, 'I don't see the logic', yaoi undertones sell, like sex in eroge sell.

You make it sound like people can't just enjoy an anime, for you know, the anime?

"If there's no sex, gay undertones, or fanservice of any kind it's not going to sell!"

God forbid people watch or read Kuroshitsuji for the story.

Jan 17, 2014 6:25 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Itami-chan said:
Chinensis said:
Laciie said:

You make it sound like people can't just enjoy an anime, for you know, the anime?

"If there's no sex, gay undertones, or fanservice of any kind it's not going to sell!"

Anyone is able to express their opinions. That is what I believe and nothing is going to change it.
Jan 17, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
This might actually turn out good
King me.
Jan 17, 2014 7:48 PM

Sep 2012
My friend was just say yesterday, "imagine if black butler had more eps!". It's almost as if she's psychic!
Jan 17, 2014 8:24 PM
Feb 2011
Itami-chan said:

Yeah really. I'm someone who reads the manga for the story. I don't ship Sebastian x Ciel, in fact I think it's disgusting. The beautiful art/costumes and historical setting is what drew me to the series to begin with.

So yeah, not everyone pays attention to or even likes the fanservice/undertones. This is exactly why I HATED the 2nd season. The anime emphasizes gay pedo stuff a lot more than the manga does. And Kuroshitsuji is considered a shounen according to this site. There's quite a few big breasted women in the manga and Ciel is engaged to a cute, but badass girl which is the kind of stuff that appeals to a male audience.

Anyone who says that Kuroshitsuji is just for yaoi loving fangirls doesn't know what they're talking about.
DisapparateJan 17, 2014 8:33 PM
Jan 17, 2014 10:20 PM

Sep 2011
Is it going to be anime original? or new version? or what?
Jan 17, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2010
This is surprising news. Hopefully they redo the entire series and follow the manga instead of a continuation of that demon Ciel bullshit. And no more blonde boys and butlers with glasses, please.
Jan 18, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
Totally looking forward for this and...i'm probably one of a few that loves both season of this anime.

Jan 18, 2014 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
I like the manga, hopefully they will follow it this time.
Jan 18, 2014 1:22 AM

Oct 2012
yesssss sebestian's coming lol .. i really hope they will follow the manga
Jan 18, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
Yay, I hope it won't suck like season 2.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jan 18, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hopes for the remake.

Tho, I'm bit doubting since manga is yet unfinished.

Jan 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2010
YAY! Hopefully it follows the manga and doesn't suck like the second season.
Jan 18, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't care for it once it started going anime original (didn't it diverge from the source material like halfway through S1?), so I hope this is is a sort of remake.
Jan 18, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
OMFG! Yes! Yes! Yes! I am so freaking excited! I hated when it ended mostly because I wanted more episodes and more of Sebby! I heard that they are going off from the manga this time, so hopefully lots of material to work with and possibly longer and many more episodes! So freaking excited!!! =)
Jan 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
Uhm, that reminded me, that I have 2nd season on my 'Watching' list since forever. Maybe it's time to finally complete it.
-
Jan 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
I have yet to watch Season 1... LOL But will do.
Jan 19, 2014 4:30 AM

Mar 2012
Hopefully it will be a remake!!!!! I' so excited, I just hope they won't ruin it with all that anime-original plot. Even all the main character's personality was different from the manga.
Jan 19, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2014
Hopefully it will be faithful to the manga this time around, I hope the cast remains the same nonetheless.
Jan 19, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
First season was above average but I really enjoyed the second season. I hope there is more Alois, he's much more interesting than Ciel.
Jan 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Feb 2012
WOAAAAAH ;O; ~ CAN'T WAIIIIT <333333 ~
Jan 19, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2011
well, I'm a big fan of Kuroshitsuji, it's wired but it was my second manga.. i loved it that much and m happy for hearing such announcement like that.. i really want the new anime to follow the manga because i disliked the second season.. i even dropped it after watching 3 episodes.. the second season was mistake.. i didn't feel like I'm watching kurishitsuji anymore.. I'm feeling depressed just by thinking of it.
Jan 19, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
oh my gawd, yes!~ more kuroshitsuji!!
i wouldnt mind it too much if they threw in a new story like for season 2 (it was ok) but i really hope they follow the manga story, i wanna see the circus, zombie, and school arcs animated xD
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jan 20, 2014 2:17 AM
Oct 2013
3rd season, so lucky.
Jan 20, 2014 9:20 AM
Sep 2013
Great! Kuroshitsuji is one of my top anime,the story & characters where amazing. If they do follow the manga,I want to see the circus arc or at least Elizabeth's back story in the anime,the manga did sucha a good job in the manga =(^•w•^)=
Jan 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Dec 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I didn't care for it once it started going anime original (didn't it diverge from the source material like halfway through S1?), so I hope this is is a sort of remake.

I agree with you. I'm hoping for a remake myself. Plus, they said NEW series, not a third season, Yana herself even said new series instead of anything relative to that of a third season. Unlike with Kuroshitsuji 2 where they did say it was a second season, this indicates that it may very well be a remake. Good for us huh. Or it could be a new series of OVAs.

Though I do hope the anime ruiners don't get their hands on it (knowing my luck I doubt it.. I won't think that way though.). My love for the series was nearly destroyed and ended up taking two years off just to forget the experience, didn't work well.

Besides my happy nervousness.. I can't wait to see what they do. I hope it does follow the manga more.. I so want to see Sebastian and the Undertakers fight, and the hints handled well. Even if I won't be surprised by it, it would be one of few manga following animes I support. (I'm also hoping for a Soul Eater remake...)

Edit: Checked Crunchyroll yesterday, since they normally have a little more information on the matter, and they said it was a new MANGA adaption. So remake or OVA is more likely.
lovelyphantomJan 21, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 20, 2014 5:35 PM
Dec 2012
This is wonderful news! I didn't really like the second season so I'm hoping this will be better. Though I'll only watch it if it follows the manga.
Jan 22, 2014 7:11 AM

Sep 2013
I hope it's a remake too....oh my god season 1 was great..despite not completely following the manga it was pretty good...but season 2 was..oh the horror..n the trauma...I couldn't get over it, it was horrible!!! The new characters were fine and everything, but it pretty much ruined the series for me. So I REALLY hope with everything I got that it's a remake, the manga has so many wonderful arcs the should get animated.
KentokiJan 22, 2014 7:15 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
54 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.