Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Jun 2012
As the title says, I just want a anime where the MC is always trying to help people and puts others before himself.

If you've seen Sket-Dance or Gintama then something similiar to those, obviously not exactly the same, but the idea behind them that they try to make the world a better place through one simple gesture at a time.

Also I don't know if anyone noticed but I've been posting for recommendations a lot recently, as I think this is my 3rd thread since maybe Saturday, I don't want to abuse the kindness that people have by constantly helping me so I'll take this time to say sorry for posting so much.

As always; Thanks and have a good day/night.

Even Onizuka from GTO fits the bill for what I'm looking for, the way he took care of his students is great, but how he always helps other people, whether it involved him or not is kind of what I'm looking for. I guess you could say it's sort of a generic shounen, but I don't want to shuffle through the million shounen titles there are to find what I want.
alex70031Jan 16, 2014 4:16 AM

Serial lurker
Jan 16, 2014 1:05 AM
Oct 2010
You could always watch index II and railgun. Has a lot of those types in there..
Jan 16, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
You've seen pretty much everything there is to recommend on this topic already.^^

You could try Magi. There's one finished season and one currently airing.
Jan 16, 2014 1:10 AM

Jun 2012
Vudis said:
You've seen pretty much everything there is to recommend on this topic already.^^

You could try Magi. There's one finished season and one currently airing.
Yeah that's the problem I've been running into for practically everything. I tried to 'broaden my horizon' and see if I could get into romance anime/other genre's I don't have a taste for, however I just can't get into them. I find a decent anime here and there but for the most part I can't find anything that interest me.
skudoops said:
You could always watch index II and railgun. Has a lot of those types in there..
Seen em, I'm pretty sure they're on my list though, thanks for the help.

Serial lurker
Jan 16, 2014 1:13 AM
Oct 2010
What about the rest of monogatari series? Nise, Neko, MSSS? BTW you don't have the stuff I recc'd on your list.
Jan 16, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2013
Is superhero counts? There're Tiger and Bunny, Gatchaman Crowds. If you can withstand an annoying narrator, try Ookami-san.
When people asked 'why are you so quiet?',
just answer 'why are you not?'
Jan 16, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2012
skudoops said:
What about the rest of monogatari series? Nise, Neko, MSSS? BTW you don't have the stuff I recc'd on your list.
Sorry for the late reply, I completed anything to do with the Index story line simply because I love accelerator, I must've forgotten to add the two to my list, so I'm sorry about that. As for the monogatari series, I've watched everything but the entirety of the second monogatari season, mainly because I just haven't had the time/willpower to do so. When I watch a anime series I like to marathon it in a few days.

Serial lurker
Jan 16, 2014 4:10 AM

Jun 2012
promiser said:
Is superhero counts? There're Tiger and Bunny, Gatchaman Crowds. If you can withstand an annoying narrator, try Ookami-san.
I tried out Gatchaman last season when it was originally airing (or the season before that, can't remember) but I watched the first 2 episodes and found the female MC to be rather annoying, causing me to drop the series completely. I've heard mixed reviews on it so I'm hesitant to pick it back up. As for Tiger and Bunny I think that actually looks like something I might enjoy, so thanks!

Serial lurker
Jan 16, 2014 5:56 AM

Feb 2013
Two anime titles came to my mind: Mushishi and Kobato.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Jan 16, 2014 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
Can't really decide if Honey and Clover fit the bill...you decide!
Jan 16, 2014 6:05 AM

Nov 2013
I believe that you should try Kokoro Connect. It's one of my favorite animes and it excels at character development. One of the main characters, Taichi, is a "selfless freak" who does put others before himself. I think it might be what you're looking for :)
Jan 16, 2014 6:30 AM

Jul 2013
Fruits Basket (MC girl is very selfless and cares for everyone around her before herself)
Samurai Flamenco (what's to be a super hero and protect everyone)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2014 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
mc from bakemonogatari
mc from angel beats after a while
mc from steins gate
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jan 16, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
EscapadePro said:
Can't really decide if Honey and Clover fit the bill...you decide!
I don't see myself liking honey and clover since I heard it's a really complicated love triangle, but I'll try it anyway thanks!
Smooki said:
mc from bakemonogatari
mc from angel beats after a while
mc from steins gate
Seen all of these besides steins gate, plan on watching that within the month.

VioletRage said:
Fruits Basket (MC girl is very selfless and cares for everyone around her before herself)
Samurai Flamenco (what's to be a super hero and protect everyone)
Currently watching Samurai Flamenco, reading the Fruits Basket manga
Oaken said:
I believe that you should try Kokoro Connect. It's one of my favorite animes and it excels at character development. One of the main characters, Taichi, is a "selfless freak" who does put others before himself. I think it might be what you're looking for :)
This looks interesting, thanks!
irrols said:
Two anime titles came to my mind: Mushishi and Kobato.
My problem with this anime is that I heard it has a pretty bad ending (cliffhanger wise) could you confirm or deny that? I mean as long as there is some form of closure I think I'll watch it because the male MC is exactly what I'm looking for.

Serial lurker

More topics from this board

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 hours ago

» ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE!

Maryie - Apr 10, 2019

12 by Af2zl »»
7 hours ago

» Hyouka alike protagonist containing shows?

AlwaysBiggerFish - 10 hours ago

0 by AlwaysBiggerFish »»
10 hours ago

» Romance Manga/Anime with chubby female love interest

Jhida - May 20, 2015

9 by JadaH23 »»
12 hours ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - Yesterday

2 by Longnines »»
Yesterday, 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.