Forum Settings
Forums

when the anime adapts chapter 305/306 we'll get a big s***storm wont' we?(Major Ant arc spoilers)

New
Jan 13, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
it's coming
Jan 13, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2013
Most likely yes, they complaining about Netero flashback so this one is coming without a doubt. Haters of the series will see it as their chance to attack the show ect. But who cares about haters.

What I don't understand is why Yorknew fans and Chimera ant fans are always at each other's throats. We all love the same series -_-
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 11, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2013
oh boy, all the hype surrounding the Gon vs. Pitou. This is really gonna suck
Feb 12, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get the hate, it's one of the best moments in the entire arc. A total slap-to-the-face to every Shonen cliche. Those chapter made me go from hating Pitou to loving the character. I was actually sad when Gon kills her/him. The same people that always bitch will bitch so w/e.
Feb 12, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
i personally love this arc. and i love the pitou gon "fight" but everyone in the anime forums is hyping up to be this epic battle no matter what you tell em. although i think the netero and king fight will be much better animated. i just got done re re re re rereading this arc lol and once the fighting really gets going the narration dies down alot so i think that will take care of some of the narrator haters out there. but as long as these anime fans can keep their expectations low we'll be alright.
Feb 12, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
I don't read the manga, but at the moment, I think Yorknew City arc is better. Remember I said "at the moment".
Feb 12, 2014 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I don't get the hate, it's one of the best moments in the entire arc. A total slap-to-the-face to every Shonen cliche. Those chapter made me go from hating Pitou to loving the character. I was actually sad when Gon kills her/him. The same people that always bitch will bitch so w/e.

yeah were gonna have our main character get juiced with a random power-up to take down a foe he could never otherwise beat

take that other shounen titles
Mar 2, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2012
gedata said:
yeah were gonna have our main character get juiced with a random power-up to take down a foe he could never otherwise beat

There's a key difference, a lot of the other times those are seen as positive power ups with no consequences that the MC's can use for the future(Super Saiyan, Kugi Utensil #XXX, Natsu Fire/Lightning Combo,)

Gon's was cast in a negative light with very harsh consequences which was a one shot no turning back deal that isn't compounded onto his combat repertoire. Also how is Gon using the Oath/Restriction system that was introduced all the way back in Yorknew random(albeit to an extreme degree)?

If anything people are gonna call BS on
since Togashi set up all the rules pertaining to it
HybridMBLMar 2, 2014 10:19 PM
Mar 3, 2014 2:00 AM

Dec 2012
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

I think you got the wrong chapters in mind. He is talking about Gon DEM powerup, not his first confrontation with Pitou.

Even then what do you mean by 'slap to the face to every Shounen cliche'?

HybridMBL said:

There's a key difference, a lot of the other times those are seen as positive power ups with no consequences that the MC's can use for the future(Super Saiyan, Kugi Utensil #XXX, Natsu Fire/Lightning Combo,)

But they were not DEM or asspulls aside from Natsu's. Kaioken has negative effects, just sayian.
Mar 3, 2014 3:57 PM

Jun 2011
Ohhh... we'll definitely get a shitstorm. Let's see how the anime-only fans fare with regards to the stuff going on in chapter 305/306. And if that wasn't enough, the Alluka stuff should be enough to add fuel to the fire.

Mar 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
HybridMBL said:
gedata said:

Gon's was cast in a negative light with very harsh consequences which was a one shot no turning back deal that isn't compounded onto his combat repertoire. Also how is Gon using the Oath/Restriction system that was introduced all the way back in Yorknew random(albeit to an extreme degree)?

another issue is that it was a rather short squash match too. Certainly will be glorious looking in the anime no doubt, but will definitely disappoint those who hold the series up as a work that involves a higher level of thinking when it comes to battles.
Mar 4, 2014 5:31 PM

Dec 2012
I just want to see that hair though.
Mar 5, 2014 3:08 AM

Jan 2011
gedata said:
HybridMBL said:
gedata said:

another issue is that it was a rather short squash match too. Certainly will be glorious looking in the anime no doubt, but will definitely disappoint those who hold the series up as a work that involves a higher level of thinking when it comes to battles.

all of this arc about emotions
even battles were about emotions
Togashi don't like stuck in same story and same way to present it
so every arc he changed the way that he present his story

More topics from this board

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

15 by ookami1stone »»
5 hours ago

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - May 1

17 by krilljeremiah1 »»
May 7, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.