https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3H9ckoCh0

thoughts?

Bryan Cranston is in the movie, woo!

EDIT: MAIN TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc
KneelBeforeMeFeb 25, 2014 12:12 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
I was going to whine and complain but that was one heck of a trailer. Never seen anything godzilla before. So might give this a shot.
Dec 10, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely gonna watch when it comes out.
Kneel Before Evangeline Mcdowell the #1 the ultimate the Original Vampire loli
Vampire Loli Master Race Represent
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
Well,I love both lolis and shotas so technically it makes me pedo.

Dec 10, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2007
All I know is that the director of this, Gareth Edwards, directed Monsters which is fuckin' great and you should all watch it. Based on just that I have high hopes for Godzilla, even though I've never seen a Godzilla movie before.
Dec 10, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2012
Wasn't expecting this heavy atmosphere. Very well done teaser. I love the subtle and grim background music. I think the mysteriousness worked way better, than fully showing the creature.

I don't know what to expect from the movie itself, but Gareth Edwards, I have faith in you. +good cast
zoknimanoDec 10, 2013 12:00 PM
Dec 10, 2013 11:43 AM
Mar 2011
another US mess up of a japanese Icon was the hidous 98 movie not enough
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 10, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
NoSurrender1690 said:

B-b-but it hasn't even come out yet.

zoknimano said:
Wasn't expecting this heavy atmosphere. Very well done teaser. I love the minimalism, the subtle and grim background music. I think the mysteriousness worked way better, than fully showing the creature.

Yes yes, nice contrast to the boisterous, Hans Zimmer, Inception-esque in your face trailers that have been so popular lately.

Gareth Edwards is a plus, but I don't know how to feel about the screenwriters. We'll see.
EeyoreDec 10, 2013 12:02 PM
Dec 10, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2012
l-_-l said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
B-b-but it hasn't even come out yet.
His vast knowledge of Japanese culture gives him the insight to judge movies before they even come out.
Dec 10, 2013 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
ok, for me a major component will always be "character" design. while i thought the trailer was pretty decent, our glimpse of the monster himself was not very Gojira-like
:(
Dec 10, 2013 12:08 PM

Mar 2008
Hopeful for the film, but I hope the teaser doesn't prelude a lone, brave footsoldier taking down Godzilla in some ridiculous TRUE amerrican hero fashion, fingers crossed.

NoSurrender1690 said:
Off-topic, but what do you think of "The Last Samurai", Date?
Dec 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
Looks good, hopefully they get it right this time around.
Dec 10, 2013 12:25 PM
Mar 2011
Ckan said:
Hopeful for the film, but I hope the teaser doesn't prelude a lone, brave footsoldier taking down Godzilla in some ridiculous TRUE amerrican hero fashion, fingers crossed.

NoSurrender1690 said:
Off-topic, but what do you think of "The Last Samurai", Date?

messes up history badly Saigo [ the real guy Katsumoto is based on] stood with 31 other Lords [ army of around 3000]and he was the last to die thus taking the old ways with him alot of people would say its sad the 32 coast 8000 dead eanmy trooprs and over 10,000 injured.

bakc on topic right look at hwta the us did to kamen rider and Godzilla before hmm based on history the movie will be bad
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 10, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
NoSurrender1690 said:
I'm not even surprised to see your dweeb comments in here, thanks for your intellectual input.
Dec 10, 2013 12:33 PM
Oct 2012
holy crap Akira Takarada from the first godzilla movie is in it but only him and Ken Watanabe are the only japanese people in it i hope it dosen't turn out to be bad but things ain't looking to good
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
Dec 10, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2008
NoSurrender1690 said:
messes up history badly Saigo [ the real guy Katsumoto is based on] stood with 31 other Lords [ army of around 3000]and he was the last to die thus taking the old ways with him alot of people would say its sad the 32 coast 8000 dead eanmy trooprs and over 10,000 injured.
What about the depiction of Meiji Japan, and the Samurai culture-wise?

NoSurrender1690 said:
look at hwta the us did to kamen rider and Godzilla before hmm based on history the movie will be bad
Well Kamen Rider isn't quite in the same box: a properly funded film production vs another TV localisation by Saban.
Dec 10, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
Just get a couple of jaegers in there and fuck godzilla up

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
gonna watch that day 1.

kinda prefer the leaked trailer that was shown behind closed doors at comic con with oppenheimer talking though
Dec 10, 2013 12:44 PM
Mar 2013
NoSurrender1690 said:
I agree with you. The US version of Red Dwarf is a hideous remake of the British version.
The US shouldn't make their own versions of foreign media.
Dec 10, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Shanaaaa said:
inb4hipsterssaythisisthenextpacificrim
where the hell is correlation between Hipsters and a well known franchise spawning dozens of movies across multitudes of countries across half a decade worth of time becoming one of the most iconic works of fiction ever created?

JD2411 said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
I agree with you. The US version of Red Dwarf is a hideous remake of the British version.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058461/?ref_=nv_sr_1
JizzyHitlerDec 10, 2013 12:48 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2013 12:52 PM
Mar 2013
The first one was Americanized (American setting)
The second one was only influenced and isn't a remake
The third one wasn't a remake. It was just more popular in the US so sequels were made

They aren't trying to recreate a foreign culture in any of them
Dec 10, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
The third one wasn't a remake. It was just more popular in the US so sequels were made

1: you know what americanizing a movie with different scenes is called? A remake
2: 12 monkeys remade a short film by the name of La Jetee and made it full length
3: Fistfull of dollars is a remake of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yojimbo_(film)

all 3 are remakes, and if the departed gets a pass in your book for americanizing something then by the same logic godzilla gets a pass as well cause its doing the same thing.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 1:02 PM
Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
1: you know what americanizing a movie with different scene is called? A remake
2: 12 monkeys remade a short film by the name of La Jetee and made it full length

all 3 are remakes, and if the departed gets a pass in your book for americanizing something then by the same logic godzilla gets a pass as well cause its doing the same thing.
1: No it isn't. A remake is to do something again. If you change the setting, the characters etc it is too different to be considered a remake and is said to be influenced

2: It says here it was inspired, not remade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Monkeys

3:I will give you that one
Dec 10, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
Does it matter if it's a remake? You said
JD2411 said:

And that what was done with the Departed.

I'm not sure you could even call this Godzilla a remake by your standards. Different setting, characters, probably different plot than the original...
Dec 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
1: you know what americanizing a movie with different scene is called? A remake

1: No it isn't. A remake is to do something again. If you change the setting, the characters etc it is too different to be considered a remake and is said to be influenced

1: thats still a remake, It doesnt matter if you change things up or not if your completely reshooting the movie its a fucking remake simple as that.

2: from that link did you not read the part that said "After Universal Studios acquired the rights to remake La Jetée as a full-length film"

And whats wrong with Americans remaking a genre of movies they fucking started, kaiju is japanese and so is godzilla but no matter how you look at it they are giant monster movies which started in the 20's with the lost world and more importantly king kong, the japanese remade king kong in japanese a few times so why is it unfair for american to do the same?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 1:11 PM
Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
And whats wrong with Americans remaking a genre of movies they fucking started, kaiju is japanese and so is godzilla but no matter how you look at it they are giant monster movies which started in the 20's with the lost world and more importantly king kong, the japanese remade king kong in japanese a few times so why is it unfair for american to do the same?
Because Japan has a vastly different culture therefore Americans won't be able to transfer that into their own version, assuming they attempt to
Dec 10, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Because Japan has a vastly different culture therefore Americans won't be able to transfer that into their own version, assuming they attempt to
I'm sorry, but what?
Dec 10, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
l-_-l said:
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
I'm sorry, but what?
yah im so confused
so let me get this straight

Americans make genre
Japanese take that genre and remake it disregarding the original culture = ok
Americans decide to remake something japanese that they took from americans = THEY CANT DO THAT

Where the fuck is the logic, I'm guessing your also ok with the japanese taking mecha from the british and french but if anyone else tries to do so they are wrong

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 1:17 PM
Mar 2013
l-_-l said:
I'm sorry, but what?
Japanese comedy etc unless they Americanize it to reflect American society it will seem terrible to american audiences
Dec 10, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
l-_-l said:
I'm sorry, but what?
Japanese comedy etc unless they Americanize it to reflect American society it will seem terrible to american audiences

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663662/

cause this wasnt a well received movie in the west or anything

and this wasnt either, us Americans totally hated this movie cause it wasnt american enough
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498380/

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2011
Ckan said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
What about the depiction of Meiji Japan, and the Samurai culture-wise?

NoSurrender1690 said:
look at hwta the us did to kamen rider and Godzilla before hmm based on history the movie will be bad
Well Kamen Rider isn't quite in the same box: a properly funded film production vs another TV localisation by Saban.

yeof what thay showed it was quite accuarte minus the Fact how Meiji him self was dicpted when he was a Fantasstic milltary leader druning the wars not a Puppet like Showa was during WW2 [ plus the casting irked me Saigo was well over 50 when he died the Watanabe was far to pyung to play the person based on him ] and accoring to most historins Saigo also only had one Eye for the last five years of his life [ arrow in the eye ] kinda Xiahou Dun style] but not in war]

the rest is close as you will get from hollywood [ one other big fact is tom cruses character is the worst deviavtion from real phyical history] any way

Culural History on the other hand is all togeather diffreeant cause the fact that the anti outsider bais is a confuciani thing as han you said the the Tang Huang when the finger bone of BUDDA came in ot China why should you the son of Heaven worship a corpse of an outsider]

so no way any Member of the Very confuciani Court would have asked the outsider for help not a chance

Dec 10, 2013 1:24 PM
Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
yah im so confused

Americans make genre
Americans decide to remake something japanese that they took from americans = THEY CANT DO THAT

Where the fuck is the logic, I'm guessing your also ok with the japanese taking mecha from the british and french but if anyone else tries to do so they are wrong
Well they shouldn't remake a cult classic and 'americanize' it. It doesn't matter who had the idea first, it's about damaging the image of the original.

You wouldn't let someone paint over the Mona Lisa, so why do this?
Dec 10, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
yah im so confused

Americans make genre

Well they shouldn't remake a cult classic and 'americanize' it. It doesn't matter who had the idea first, it's about damaging the image of the original.

you wouldnt paint over the mona lisa because it would destroy the original, you wouldnt give a shit if someone repainted the mona lisa from scratch, which is what people have done for over a century and a half, thats this movie

This isnt destroying the original godzilla movies, this is remaking and coinciding with the original, you can still watch the original movie whenever the fuck you want. the comparison to the mona lisa makes absolutely no sense

and if your worried about the integrety of the series, then dont worry about that japan has already fucked that up for decades long before it was even a cult classic in the west

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Mar 2011
Godzilla should never be CG never the the Orgin story of the creture can ot reallly srtike with the us cuase the fact that [ the creture wawas born as repsenation of what Japanese tought would happen to Cold bllooded raditaed cretures [ The us never got hit by an 2 a bombs

side note the los world was not written by a us writer but a brit so thus you taking credit of somthing the us did not do [ if oyu use the lost world as you basis the us did not create the genre the brtis did]

Dec 10, 2013 1:33 PM
Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
you wouldnt paint over the mona lisa because it would destroy the original, you wouldnt give a shit if someone repainted the mona lisa from scratch, which is what people have done for over a century and a half, thats this movie

This isnt destroying the original godzilla movies, this is remaking and coinciding with the original, you can still watch the original movie whenever the fuck you want. the comparison to the mona lisa makes absolutely no sense

and if your worried about the integrety of the series, then dont worry about that japan has already fucked that up for decades
Even if you re-paint the picture it will never be as accurate as the original. That's my point. When films are remade they always do certain parts badly etc
Dec 10, 2013 1:35 PM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:
yah im so confused

Americans make genre

and if your worried about the integrety of the series, then dont worry about that japan has already fucked that up for decades long before it was even a cult classic in the west

the Franchise has had iups and down the only bad decdae was the 70's why do oyu think Toho did a full re boot of there own in 85

Dec 10, 2013 1:38 PM
Mar 2011
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:

and if your worried about the integrety of the series, then dont worry about that japan has already fucked that up for decades
Even if you re-paint the picture it will never be as accurate as the original. That's my point. When films are remade they always do certain parts badly etc

Ringu ofr example Ju on for 2

the diea for the villan in ringu comes is the lady in the well come from a Japanese tale [ give the girl her own back story] but the fact she comes out of a well show oyu the link to the old Japanese tale that would be lost on the us cuase they do not have it

Dec 10, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
JD2411 said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
hey look who shows up.. its the "EU > USA" guy

the points you bring up above are really .. I'll stay polite and say, unfounded.
KneelBeforeMeDec 10, 2013 2:14 PM
Dec 10, 2013 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
Sourire said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3H9ckoCh0

thoughts?

Bryan Cranston is in the movie, woo!

A friend and I have been talking about this movie since it was first hinted at during production. Hype as fuck, and it looks like a rendition true to form.
Dec 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
I'm surprised to find that I didn't hate the trailer. The smoky city desolation, the awesome silhouette and the intense skydive.

That being said woulda loved greater Jap presence and I'm worried that their maybe too many characters involved (going by the trailers closing role call).
Dec 10, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2007
waahh waaaahh waaahhhh godzilla's ruined!

Good grief, go back to 1998 for fuck's sake. If anything, this is as close to the original as possible.

But oh wait, it's absolute shit because it doesn't take place in Japan, and because the movie is full of white people, therefore I am then able to obviously discern what the plot is going to be about from one trailer, period. Japan bestest nation in da wuurrllldddd! Whito pigu go hoommmee!
Dec 10, 2013 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
the CGI is being done by the guys that did pacific rim's CGI so expect some sick shit

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
Wasabi said:
waahh waaaahh waaahhhh godzilla's ruined!

Good grief, go back to 1998 for fuck's sake. If anything, this is as close to the original as possible.

But oh wait, it's absolute shit because it doesn't take place in Japan, and because the movie is full of white people, therefore I am then able to obviously discern what the plot is going to be about from one trailer, period. Japan bestest nation in da wuurrllldddd! Whito pigu go hoommmee!
you have to take what that kid JD says with a grain of salt.. his points are always unfounded and idiotic.
Dec 10, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
JD2411 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Do you also feel that songs should never be covered or sampled? The idea isn't always to make it exactly like the original, but to bring new ideas or movements to an old one. 2 artists painting the same scene in different styles doesn't inherently make one of them shit.

NoSurrender1690 said:
Godzilla should never be CG never the the Orgin story of the creture can ot reallly srtike with the us cuase the fact that [ the creture wawas born as repsenation of what Japanese tought would happen to Cold bllooded raditaed cretures [ The us never got hit by an 2 a bombs

If the plot takes current affairs into account, Godzilla could attack anywhere in the pacific-- fukushima's radiation.
EeyoreDec 10, 2013 8:09 PM
Dec 10, 2013 7:07 PM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
the CGI is being done by the guys that did pacific rim's CGI so expect some sick shit

godzilla should always be a praticall effact or a guy in a suit

Dec 10, 2013 7:11 PM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
JD2411 said:

1: you know what americanizing a movie with different scenes is called? A remake

anf fit full of dollrard sucked while m7 was good cause the idea work a bit bettrr

Dec 10, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
He better be a dinosaur this time instead of an effing mutated iguana and have his atomic breath and not die from mere missiles.
Dec 10, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
NoSurrender1690 said:
JizzyHitler said:

godzilla should always be a praticall effact or a guy in a suit

what he/she said. u know, but a bit more ummm streamlined into english ^^
(no offense dude, really)
Dec 10, 2013 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
This trailer tells me they're not going for a high-adrenaline thrill as most summer blockbusters do. It's going to be slow. It's going to be punishing. It's going to be Godzilla.
Dec 10, 2013 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
I don't think I've ever seen Godzilla. Maybe I'll watch this and be one of those, "new fans of an old thing," that everyone seems to get annoyed by.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 10, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2013
the king of the kaiju, the destroyer of all monsters. I will go see this in theatres. Looks dope. I honestly don't care who makes a movie as long as it's good. All the naysayers are entitled to their own opinion, but so am I, and I say fuck yes.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
5 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.