Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2013 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Avoiding a quote tower

Here's what i think
Manaka is still behaving like she's innocent and doesn't get anything that's happening around her. She purposely avoids trouble and naively tries to "help" her friends thinking that's what she's supposed to do like she's some saint. This is what annoys me the most about her. She's damaged Chisaki's relationship with Hikari because of this, she can't understand her own feelings in the least and ends up hurting Hikari in the process, can't even tell him that she doesn't or does like him which is something that pisses me off the most.

Chisaki is 100% sure she likes Hikari, yes she is holding back because of Manaka which is a wrong thing to do, however this is something we all do, she at least has her own resolve, yes she is being stubborn and i'm not liking that, she's not being proactive either and she doesn't notice Kaname's moves, but then again she's too into Hikari to notice, nothing out of the ordinary. Tsumugu is only hurting her by only speaking his mind straight out, sure if he doesn't do it no one will but i think he's taking the wrong approach.

Manaka is already out of Hikari's league, she's in her own little world and should be left there.
Chisaki needs progress and character development, if she becomes more proactive she'd completely throw off Manaka.

The sole reason Hikari is into Manaka is because he's being selfish and still sees her as a kid that has to be protected, but she's no longer like that. He needs to let go of Manaka and see that Chisaki's in front of him and she's in love with him for real.

In the end i think Chisaki only needs a little push to reach her goal whereas Manaka is all over the place and should just be left alone for all i care. Whining about everything and not knowing what to do.
Nov 30, 2013 1:56 PM
Jan 2013
Manaka prooved today that she isn't interested in Hikari.
After the ending of the last episode a Hikari x Chisaki would certainly the best.
Nov 30, 2013 2:04 PM

Oct 2010

(I feel such a loser for being so passionate about this issue but whateves, lol.)

But I fully agree with you on the most part. ;D Yeah, both girls are harmful with how they are behaving but Manaka shouldn't be so easily dismissed because her attitude is more 'positive'.

And definitely! I think people so readily sides with the character who calls out on a person's BS but they forget that the situation is as important as the character trait itself. Tsumugu is in no position to lecture.

Sadly, Hikari is still very much into Manaka. ;_; So even if Manaka is out of his league or whatever, Hikari will still accept her, sigh. Chisaki does need to become more assertive but hey, that's why there's a story in the show. ;)

Well, Hikari is maturing a bit so I kind of disagree with you. Initially he does see her as a kid that needs to be protected but as the episodes progress, I think his view has started to change and he's starting to see her in a more mature light. But with that said, I think both Hikari and Manaka should remain alone. They come across as everybody's best friend and can flourish on their own.

Haha, I definitely agree with your last sentiment. ;3

moriandrio said:
Manaka prooved today that she isn't interested in Hikari.
After the ending of the last episode a Hikari x Chisaki would certainly the best.

Hikari and Chisaki relationship is kind of sketchy since I don't believe Chisaki likes Hikari for who he really is. I know he is kind towards who he cherishes, that part of Chisaki's crush is spot on, but Chisaki has this idealistic image built up for him. Plus, I get a feeling that she's in love with his treatment towards Manaka than Hikari as a person. Just my thought as to why a relationship between them may not work. There's a possibility that it can though.
Nov 30, 2013 2:34 PM
Sep 2013
Tsumugu doesn't show anymore concerns in Chisaki than he does Manaka; he shows concern for everyone except Kaname, as Kaname has yet to reveal his feelings yet. Its like Manaka said, Tsumugu has a way of knowing exactly what to say, as if he can look into their true feelings to an almost eerie level. This is probably why Chisaki, with insecurity issues and minor bitch tendencies, does not like him. Something tells me that Tsumugu is gonna turn out to be a special and abnormal character in some way, which might exclude him from the love pentagon by the end.
Nov 30, 2013 2:36 PM
Jan 2013
MrNTR said:
Tsumugu doesn't show anymore concerns in Chisaki than he does Manaka; he shows concern for everyone except Kaname, as Kaname has yet to reveal his feelings yet. Its like Manaka said, Tsumugu has a way of knowing exactly what to say, as if he can look into their true feelings to an almost eerie level. This is probably why Chisaki, with insecurity issues and minor bitch tendencies, does not like him. Something tells me that Tsumugu is gonna turn out to be a special and abnormal character in some way, which might exclude him from the love pentagon at the end.

Tsumugu x Fish
Nov 30, 2013 2:43 PM
Sep 2013
moriandrio said:

Tsumugu x Fish

I fail to see the point in your little hate comment. I just hope that that hate doesn't stem primarily from the fact that he's stealing a girl from your character avatar, Mr. MC Hikari.
Nov 30, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 2013
Where did you see that my character avatar should be hikari?

I actually don't really like him but tsumugu just doesn't fit in this love pentagon, the only thing that really seems to fit him are fish.
Nov 30, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2009
moriandrio said:
Where did you see that my character avatar should be hikari?

I actually don't really like him but tsumugu just doesn't fit in this love pentagon, the only thing that really seems to fit him are fish.

In episode one, Tsumugu catches a fish, and a big one at that.
We all know how fisherman are obsessed with what they catches.

Btw, I had the impression that Tsumugu is similar to Miuna...
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 30, 2013 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
Genomax said:
Madara31 said:

I can't really see Tsumugu liking Chisaki. He's done a lot of things to show that he cares for everyone in the group.

Agreed. I think his significance within the cast isn't as a romantic interest for anybody, but as the catalyst for change and the bridging of the land and sea.

+1

Tsumugu just comes across as kind of the neutral/good guy/advice towards everyone so far. He stared when he fished Manaka up, but he probably was expecting fish not a girl..

Chisaki's and Hikari's personalities just don't seem to fit very well...
pokemongoodNov 30, 2013 10:51 PM
Dec 5, 2013 4:28 PM
Mar 2013
Well, there goes this ship :P
Dec 5, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
axlorg8 said:
Well, there goes this ship :P

Goddamnit.
Dec 5, 2013 6:44 PM
Jun 2013
Hikari x Chisaki is my ship
Jan 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2013
Keilis said:
Nah, Chisaki's kind of a bitch.

100 % Agree^^^
Jan 9, 2014 11:28 AM
Dec 2013
Totally agree with this poll!! Hikari x Chisaki CMON!! :D theyd be a great couple and yet people don't realise it. Who wants her to end with tsumugu whom i personally dislike? seriously get him out already -_-
Jan 9, 2014 11:33 AM
Dec 2013
Please stop insulting Chisaki? How is she a bitch? she has her own feelings (which were for Hikari) and on the ep where the boats sunk, well tsumugu can't swim (personally would have loved him drowning but o well) and thus. Just because she won't respond to Kaname's feelings you'll call her a bitch? sheesh thats harsh

HIKARI x CHISAKI GOOOOOO!
Jan 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
After time skip this ship goes down together with Hikari screaming for Manaka,
and screaming after her, when he waked up.
Jan 9, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2009
Since the start I knew Chisaki had a crush on him, but I also support Hikari's feelings, overall I'm not a fan of this story's pairings at all. I mostly ship this one though.
Jan 9, 2014 6:04 PM
Jun 2013
Hikari x Chisaki 4 Ever.
Jan 9, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2011
Hiro169 said:
on the ep where the boats sunk, well tsumugu can't swim

What I hate about her is... she didn't even try to look for the others after she secured tsumugu.... She forgot that the sea god is trying to take akari...that hikari and manaka tried to save her.... that kaname was in the sea too... what she did was is to cry while hugging tsumugu..okay that last part is not counted lol
ricardo241Jan 9, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 9, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
After watching episode 14, I'm pretty sure this won't happen anymore.
Jan 10, 2014 11:51 AM
Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
Nose_Bleed said:

Tsumugu -> Fishes

LMAO.

You forgot Tsumugu > Chisaki. He seem to care about her way more than Manaka.

THIS.
Feb 5, 2014 4:44 AM
Feb 2014
I don't like Chisaki . I'm the only?
Feb 5, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
Inoriiisaan said:

Feb 5, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
Honestly though, it's quite difficult to guess. We can only sit and watch. From the beginning I made a few guesses like Manaka and Tsumugu, and Hikari with Chisaki but then I learned about all their love interests. This anime has been unpredictable so I hope it can maintain such a level till the end
Feb 5, 2014 11:12 AM
Feb 2014
FernandoSell said:
Inoriiisaan said:

Yes! I agree with you however I wish that Manaka will come back! I enjoy HikarixManaka then strangely I cannot stand Chisaki and I hoped not be the only
Feb 21, 2014 4:10 PM

Feb 2008
Parisbelle said:
(I feel such a loser for being so passionate about this issue but whateves, lol.)
Lol, I'm so glad to see someone who shares my PoV.

ricardo241 said:
Hiro169 said:
on the ep where the boats sunk, well tsumugu can't swim

What I hate about her is... she didn't even try to look for the others after she secured tsumugu.... She forgot that the sea god is trying to take akari...that hikari and manaka tried to save her.... that kaname was in the sea too... what she did was is to cry while hugging tsumugu..okay that last part is not counted lol

I can understand why that would be confusing. However, it's quite obvious. See, simply put, Tsumugu is not a Sea Person (that, coupled with the fact that he can NOT swim), whereas the others are. Not to mention, they were all on two different boats - Hikari and Manaka with Akari, Chisaki and Kaname with Tsumugu - I'm sure they weren't aware (much) of what was happening overall. Plus, I know for certain, if I was put in such a precarious position, I would be in shock. It's quite easy to judge someone (ahem, a 14 y/o child) on the basis of what you perceive but it does not mean it is a fact. When Kaname fell off, she LOOKED grief-stricken; her scream says it all. The reason she was holding on to Tsumugu was not out of affection but out of [his] vulnerability; checking his pulse, glad that he's been saved, listening to his breathing. After all, she knows he's suffering, as well, in more ways than one.
JadedGothFeb 21, 2014 4:27 PM
Feb 28, 2014 7:05 AM
Aug 2013
stil anyone out there with hopes for ChisakixHikari or am i alone on the boat? :3
Feb 28, 2014 7:25 AM
Dec 2013
Cambiare said:
stil anyone out there with hopes for ChisakixHikari or am i alone on the boat? :3

im with you man

manaka is just annoying cant stand her
Feb 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
Cambiare said:

I don't think ChisakixHikari will happen cause Hikari can't see anyone but Manaka and this part of Hikari I don't like otherwise he is a great character.

ScazoN said:
Cambiare said:

im with you man

manaka is just annoying cant stand her

Agree with you I can't seem to like Manaka as well but I don't hate her. I prefer Hikari to stay alone instead of being with Manaka or Miuna.
Feb 28, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Chisaki x Hikari will never happen

Either it's Hikari x Manaka or he will probably end up alone (tragic ending)

Jul 25, 2014 11:29 PM
Jul 2014
BostonCrab said:
I really want Chisaki and Hikari to end up together.They are the couple I'm shipping for, who else agrees with me?

I really like the couple.I never like tsugumu. I agree with you.
Jul 27, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2014
Damnnnnn i really wanted hikari and chisaki to end up together. As for the other characters......... Kaname is ok, but manaka and tsumugu can go jump off a cliff and die. But anyways this is probably one of my favorite anime of all time.

Ps... DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY ANIME SIMILAR TO NAGI NO ASUKARA BUT WHERE THE HIKARI AND CHISAKI OF THE ANIME END UP TOGETHER??????
Jul 30, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2010
I will forever love my pre-time skip Chisaki x Hikari (and Manaka x Tsumugu) the anime ruined the ship by turning Chisaki into a grown-up while Hikari remained a kid. So much potential lost...

But still I love this anime so damn much.
Aug 2, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
Alpha101 said:
Damnnnnn i really wanted hikari and chisaki to end up together. As for the other characters......... Kaname is ok, but manaka and tsumugu can go jump off a cliff and die. But anyways this is probably one of my favorite anime of all time.

Ps... DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY ANIME SIMILAR TO NAGI NO ASUKARA BUT WHERE THE HIKARI AND CHISAKI OF THE ANIME END UP TOGETHER??????

I would have to say "KimiKiss Pure" is the one the comes to mind. In this anime, the guy goes out with girl A with help from girl B, but girl B also likes him. And in the end, the guy ends up with girl B. Although this anime is nothing like Asukara.
Jan 13, 2016 11:44 AM
Nov 2015
There's my current couples

Tsumugu -> Chisaki
Tsumugu -> Manaka
Kaname -> Soya
Hikari -> Manaka
Hikari -> Miuna

I don't really ship Hikari and Chisaki i though they better stay up friends.
Jan 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
HikarixChisaki is a HELLUVA LOT BETTER than TsumuguxChisaki.

I really wish I slap the writers upside the head over that one.

Jan 25, 2016 1:18 PM
Dec 2015
Honestly should be hikari and chisaki together! Tsumugu pisses me off and wish he wasn't apart of the show. The only problem with this show is tsumugu and manaka
Jan 25, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
no comment on the pairing but Kaname should be the main protagonist
Jan 25, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
I disagree with you OP.

Tsumugu X Chisaki was the best rational and Story-fitting thing that could happen for this Anime. And truth spoken I'd also personally prefer Tsumugu X Chisaki.

Also I think the most annoying characters were Manaka and Hikari and the funny thing is that they are both the opposite of each other, yet they get on ones nerve with their own character-Type: One is too much of a crybaby and the other is an extreme hyperactive ADHD wannabe Hero.

Though the other characters also have their downsides:
- Tsumugu with his stoic, depressive and gloomy aura
- Kaname the wannabe calm and smart alleck guy
- Chisaki and her "I want and don't want To change"-Circle
- and so on ... (I don't want to hate ...)

But overall Tsumugu and Chisaki were the most interesting Relationship Story imho and I really like both of them more than Manaka and Hikari. In the end I really don't care with which Girl Hikari will end up as long als it isn't Chisaki :))

Feb 22, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
NashDesu said:
I disagree with you OP.

Tsumugu X Chisaki was the best rational and Story-fitting thing that could happen for this Anime. And truth spoken I'd also personally prefer Tsumugu X Chisaki.

Also I think the most annoying characters were Manaka and Hikari and the funny thing is that they are both the opposite of each other, yet they get on ones nerve with their own character-Type: One is too much of a crybaby and the other is an extreme hyperactive ADHD wannabe Hero.

But overall Tsumugu and Chisaki were the most interesting Relationship Story imho and I really like both of them more than Manaka and Hikari. In the end I really don't care with which Girl Hikari will end up as long als it isn't Chisaki :))

THISTHISTHIS
People were bitching a lot for TsumuguxChisaki
said it cliche,forced,etc....in fact their pairing are the most sweetest and the most honest of all couples
Tsumugu honest with his feeling that what make him above Hikari.
I don't support Hikari x Chisaki because they literally dont have chemistry for me
Kaname....well, poor good dude seem the writer has something to him or what
Feb 28, 2016 1:10 AM
Aug 2013
Omnisword said:
NashDesu said:
I disagree with you OP.

THISTHISTHIS
People were bitching a lot for TsumuguxChisaki
said it cliche,forced,etc....in fact their pairing are the most sweetest and the most honest of all couples
Tsumugu honest with his feeling that what make him above Hikari.
I don't support Hikari x Chisaki because they literally dont have chemistry for me
Kaname....well, poor good dude seem the writer has something to him or what

Tsumugu is my anime crush. xD Chisaki and Tsumugu are prefect for each other. They are both very mature. I viewed Manaka and Hikari innocent and childlike which is why I thought they were better for each other. x)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.