Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 28, 2023 6:00 PM

Jun 2021
^Make that 9 years!

I commented on another thread (Let us edit club comments) regarding this but I just found this old one so I'm bumping this.

I always check my club comments before I post them but I still commit mistakes sometimes especially when BBCode is involved since there's no preview. It's kinda annoying that we'd have to delete and repost again; we have to redo comments with BBCode too (this is why I use MyAnimeList - BBCODE2HTML for my comments with BBCode but sometimes there are still mistakes)! Please allow us to edit club comments once you implement the BBCode editor on clubs, MAL devs! And can we have a live preview as well?

BBCode Editor: Now on Forum & Private Messages
This functionality will be added to profile comments, clubs, and other text boxes soon!

I wonder how "soon"? LOL.

Clubs are actually available now in the app (see: Clubs Have a Brand-New Look—In-App! and "Cabinet" Comes to Clubs In-App). So they want us to use the clubs more!!! Then they should also revamp the clubs in the desktop version. Yeah, the site has so much spaghetti code compared to the app... If clubs don't get much love then it's even worse for MAL's blogging side. 😭

The club comments section feels like Twitter in a sense because we're not allowed to edit comments. However, Twitter users can now edit tweets but they have to pay. We can even edit comments on YouTube and (edited) appears with the comment once it's edited. Come on, MAL!

Wait, they could just delete the club comments section like how they deleted the comments section on 'People' pages (see: Company Page Edits Released; People Comments Closed). 🙄

They could just "forget the edit button, let's just delete the comments section so less work and moderating". Oh, no!
Feb 10, 2023 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
I think this is a good suggestion! I support it.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Feb 23, 2023 10:36 AM

Jun 2021
Guess what? Instead of allowing us to edit club comments, they added this feature: New Club Feature: 3D Clubroom (beta). Uhm, really? 🤦
Apr 12, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
Now for the love of God please add this feature.

Adding quoting and the BBcode shortcut menu to club comments would be nice as well 😃
May 22, 2023 2:05 AM

Jun 2021
Monthly bump, I guess. Come on.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.