Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2013 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
I wonder... What is it that Skip Beat is so good? The characters, the story, even the entertainment, what is it to you?
Aug 12, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2007
I think the main reason the show is so good is thanks to the chemistry of Kyoko and everyone she interacts with. The story and everything else is great, but Kyoko (and her wonderful Inoue voice) just has great interactions with everyone, and that level of chemistry in a cast isn't all that common. She plays off of everyone perfectly and they play off of her just as well. Plus, it's just a very fun show with a LOT of charm - and the super deformed art that randomly gets mixed in all the time is adorable and so silly.
Aug 12, 2013 3:01 PM
Jul 2013
I agree with you on that :D
Jun 9, 2015 2:59 PM

Jun 2010
Amen to that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2017
Love how Kyoko ain't like the typical shojo mc.

Jan 22, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 2020
The show was just a good vibe overall for me. I wasn’t that interested in the romance aspect so I didn’t care much for Tsuruga who seemed to exist solely to be Kyoko’s love interest.
Kyoko on the other side wasn’t your typical damsel in distress. She’s tough, confident, fierce and hot blooded. You don’t really see this kind of Mc in Shoujo manga, so her character was so refreshing to see.
In contrary of what I believed, I ended up liking sho as the best male character in this show. Every other male character in this series seems to lack diversity, basically they were one dimensional to me. I don’t like what the author is doing with Sho though. He makes her hate Kyoko and then makes him fall for her. At most he can get from kyoko is a forgiveness now and while I do like characters that have a change of heart, it does feel kind of unrealistic for him to just start loving her now because “she’s with another man.” It would make more sense if he loved her from the beginning (which he might’ve. I haven’t read the manga so idk about that part, but if it’s true, then his character would make more sense.) As I said, the focus romance didn’t really catch my attention and it was probably the weakest point imo (that being said, just because I think it was the weakest point, it doesn’t mean it was bad. It just was weak for this show’s standards) with the strongest point being Kyoko herself and her challenges that lie ahead in her journey getting into showbiz.

I also liked the MC interaction with her LME partner (already forgot her name). She’s definitely on of the top 3 characters in this show. All in and this show was really enjoyable. Never did I get bored watching it. I highly recommended it to everyone who’ll be opening this thread in the future.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 2022 9:07 PM

Aug 2017
I liked Kyoko and Moko. That's about it. I thought it was ok, gave it a 7/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.