Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 5, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
I was researching a little bit about this movie since it was rated so high, and I've come across a few sources that say that this movie is gut wrenchingly depressing. I'm not one to not watch something if it is sad, but if this movie is going to leave me feeling terrible all day, I want to avoid it.

What's your opinion and please don't spoil any of the major plot elements please.
Aug 5, 2013 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
It's quite the opposite, I found it to be very lighthearted and uplifting with a lot of sweet and touching moments. It actually made me think that there is still some good left in humans. It's an amazing movie, you should watch it.
Aug 5, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
It's quite the opposite, I found it to be very lighthearted and uplifting with a lot of sweet and touching moments. It actually made me think that there is still some good left in humans. It's an amazing movie, you should watch it.
I may have misinterpreted some of the comments I've heard about this movie. It may be similar to when everyone was calling ef: a tale of melodies very depressing when it's actually touching. I'll give this movie a try then.
Aug 5, 2013 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
It's depressing in a way that's makes you see it as too realistic. The whole premise seems like some kind of furry fantasy thing but it truly isn't. The writer didn't dump a crapton of construed machinations into the story, just the hardships of being a single mother, growing up as something different, choosing one's own path, and the difficult battle of letting go. Stuff that can happen to anyone. It's just unbelievably heartfelt.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Aug 31, 2013 12:30 PM
Oct 2011
If you don't wanna be depressed read the Holy Bible. Pray more often and go to Church. Do good deeds. Get baptized under the water, etc.

also I cannot wait for this movie to come out dubbed on amazon.com

I will be getting it. It sounds like it will be a excellent movie.

Is this at all like the most depressing movie of all time which is Grave of the fireflies? That movie got me seriously depressed. It was so sad for the 2 children going thru such hard times and what they saw in the war etc.

Jesus is everyone's best friend and savior
Sep 1, 2013 4:56 PM

Dec 2012
LilKis1986 said:
If you don't wanna be depressed read the Holy Bible. Pray more often and go to Church. Do good deeds. Get baptized under the water, etc.

also I cannot wait for this movie to come out dubbed on amazon.com

I will be getting it. It sounds like it will be a excellent movie.

Is this at all like the most depressing movie of all time which is Grave of the fireflies? That movie got me seriously depressed. It was so sad for the 2 children going thru such hard times and what they saw in the war etc.

Jesus is everyone's best friend and savior
Are you a preacher or something? What does Jesus have to do with anime?
Sep 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Jan 2012
I would say that it is bitter sweat, but that is the part why I gave it a 10/10. It had very sweet and uplifting moments that made you very happy and made you happy. But the characters are so great and the film sucks you in soo much that you end up crying a few times in the movie. The ending is a happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Jan 2008
It's a very good film. Definitely give a watch.

Oct 1, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
The ending was so sweet. Really made you understand all the past scenes that where shown. Yea this is a masterpiece movie about being a parent. Go watch it now or you regret it. I see you saw Summer Wars, I'm sure you like this too along with Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo since there from the same makers.
Nov 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
Reverb_Shock said:
tsudecimo said:
I may have misinterpreted some of the comments I've heard about this movie. It may be similar to when everyone was calling ef: a tale of melodies very depressing when it's actually touching. I'll give this movie a try then.

I've not seen Ef- However I'll say this, I wasn't the least bit sad after watching it. I try to stay away from sad animes too- although there are just some that the story is too good (IMO) to not try them, even if their depressing.
An example of that for me would be: "Clannad~After Story"... That had me in tears, AND depressed for quite a while afterwards. And I'm not one to cry easily.
However I loved it.

That aside, I'm not saying you should watch sad things, Just trying to explain that I understand not wanting to watch sad things.
Anyway- no, this wasn't sad for me.
I found that I was a bit depressed, but I'm prone to that easily and the depression came because I was annoyed at the actions of the son at the end, the reason I was upset with him is not anything like the reasons I've read elsewhere. <- Figured I should say that in-case someone wants to try and make me understand his actions.

Anyway- that's what I think, regarding if it was sad or not.
Apr 15, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2012
It isn't that depressing for me.
May 30, 2014 12:22 PM
May 2012
It's not really depressing, but it's actually sad if you'll really think about it.
This movie made me realize how much I love my parents, and how much they have done for me and my siblings. I wanted to punch myself during the credits scene because the song and the pictures made me remember myself being a dick to them :/
May 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
It's only depressing in the first half and then everything get so much better and happier late on.
Jul 26, 2014 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
Wouldn't call it "depressing". It was pretty inspirational, moving, and a little bittersweet. (though if you think more realistically I wouldn't even call it bittersweet as well)
Jul 26, 2014 1:12 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
It is very touching but I would not call it really depressing anyway.

Sure some parts of the story are little bit sad, but these are touching moments and it also has a great ending
Sep 6, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
Well there are sad parts ofcourse but I don't remember feeling particularily depressed afterwards and there are much happiness too. I would recommend it.
Jan 6, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
I felt sad and heartbroken throughout the show. A mother shouldn't tire herself, just to keep her kids company, i mean, she BARELY slept. Thats what made me sad seeing her like this. I guess this is what it means by 'taking responsibility'. But if that is what makes you tired, then I'd rather have no children than even ONE of them. And guess what? At the end, the little brother ended up leaving the mother alone, is that how you should pay back your mother?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2021 6:01 PM
Dec 2017
sad but still quite wholesome.

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

11 by haidz0000 »»
Yesterday, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gtr06 - Jul 24, 2012

420 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 13, 4:07 PM

Poll: » what do you think of the end &amp; Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.