Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
Charles looked like he was completely, irreversibly and totally in love Cinderella and yet he decided to marry some unknown princess whom he had met once at a ball, just because she resembled Cinderella and was dead gorgeous? What the actual fuck? How couldn’t he even recognize his best friend? I frickin’ loved Charles (that suave bastard) and this adaptation until the last 3 episodes, but I’ll never be able to forgive this. Imagine if the girl ended up not being Cinderella, would he still marry her? Would he really just sit on his ass and sigh all day long without going to look for her? It’s just so out of character it’s annoying.

It's like they thought "We haven't been following the original story for almost 23 episodes, let's follow it now and throw away the character development".
Apr 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Well, you certainly have a point there! I dunno, I like to think that, deep inside, he knew that it was her? He just didn't consciously know about it? Or acknowledged it? [this line of thought certainly helps me anyway? XD ]
Sep 18, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2009
I thought that it was weird too and OOC, why did they even bother to make the story and character different when they decided to follow the original in the last three episodes which just doesn't add up to the whole story.-_-

And Cinderella annoyed me too, she's dumb and naive it's almost unbelievable. And when they came for her with the shoe, she was just standing there, sighing "it's all a dream, I can't try the shoe blabla". I wanted to slap some sense into her!
Jan 25, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
Preach it brothers! And she was dead kind to her step mom+sis even after they started sucking her ass when she became engaged to the prince. Even when dad came home she didn't mention the physical and emotional abuse they put her through. She didn't have to be mean but she could have been curt. Plus her dad could use some warning. "Yo pops, you married a giant cunt. She'd stab you in your back for someone more rich. Sleep with one eye open."

This anime would be a solid 7 if it kept on its path but this bat shit ending drops it down to a 4.
Oct 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Mar 2016
I also feel like that. . . Well, not only Charles. In the 21th episode, her Stepmother became more gentle towards her but suddenly changed in the 23rd episode.

This version, tried to deliver romance focused story between Charles and Cinderella, and also tried to follow the original version at the same time. Yes, it was feel forced and somehow turned Character development that we got in the first 23 episodes feel like hasn't much impact to the 3 last episodes.

I think they decided to follow the original version because it's Cinderella Monogatari after all. "Royal ball", "glass slippers", "the prince looks for the slipper owner" have a major role in the original version and they are the element that make a story of Cinderella, imo. So, they need to make Charles not noticing that the slipper owner is Cinderella to make this story feel like story of Cinderella.

I think the staffs already tried their best in this.
Kurniawan_KtrOct 27, 2016 8:12 PM
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cinderella Monogatari Episode 25 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 10, 2019

1 by TheDirectEco »»
Sep 20, 2022 12:23 PM

Poll: » Cinderella Monogatari Episode 13 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 9, 2019

1 by TheDirectEco »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Cinderella Monogatari Episode 26 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 10, 2019

0 by FMmatron »»
Jun 10, 2019 1:21 PM

Poll: » Cinderella Monogatari Episode 24 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 10, 2019

0 by FMmatron »»
Jun 10, 2019 12:35 PM

Poll: » Cinderella Monogatari Episode 23 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 10, 2019

0 by FMmatron »»
Jun 10, 2019 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.