Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Oct 12, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2008
Eh things like that mean nothing. Back when Neptunia was released, it was the best selling of the week.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 14, 2015 5:31 PM

Apr 2012
Wow that game is pretty expensive.
Oct 15, 2015 3:00 PM
Sep 2014
Am I the only one who didn't like the gameplay in Chrono Trigger? (I didn't complete any jrpg, it's one of those genres I didn't get into, so it might just be my problem)
I played for like 5-6 hours I think, the turn based system doesn't feel good at all, I don't even have to really try or think, and it's not engaging in the same time (besides the 1st boss battle which was decent).
The rest of the game is great, but the gameplay just bored me
Nov 6, 2015 2:09 AM

Apr 2012
Here's a nice wallpaper for those of you playing Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky SC
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 6, 2015 7:54 AM

Apr 2012
Some early Xenoblade X (the Western one) previews. I personally have been avoiding any and all Xenoblade videos from Japan since I wanted a fresh experience, but I'm willing to watch the combat gameplay (from directs) and this preview which does aim to dodge most spoilers.

I knew the scale on XenoX was going to be huge, but this video just really reaffirmed my preconception of Xeno's scale. ( Look how massive the world is and he's not even in the desert, glaciers or the molten continents!!. Also no load screens in the world unless you're fast travelling or there's a cutscene. Nothing but pure hype right now. I'm still skeptical on the silent protagonist decision, but I'm positive (which is rare) that it'll work out somehow. I haven't been this hype for a game since ever. So expect me to disappear for the month of December, I will be playing XenobladeX constantly.
Nov 6, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
Wow Xenoblade X is actually looking incredible especialyl considering its on Wii U. Color me impressed. I love the look and design of the world. And since I've laid off my distaste to turn-based-like systems I am actualyl more interested in the game now.

Since we where on the topic I still dont realy like classic turn based system but there is this game on indiegogo going trough Crowdfunding that has a demo out called Indivisible which hase a real time turn based system of sorts but also kind of acts like a fighting game with combos and stuff. I was pretty skeptical first but after trying the demo I am quite impressed. I suggest you guys try it out too. And if you decide to back it, dont worry your money will be refunded in case the campaign fails (which sadly it looks like it will).
Nov 6, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
Xenoblade X is absolutely beautiful, and I'm definitely picking it up whenever I'm getting a Wii U.

And baki, I wouldn't worry too much about the Indivisible campaign. For whatever reason, interest in game funding tends to increase spectacularly whenever they're near ending *cough* NightCry *cough*
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 6, 2015 9:27 AM

Feb 2012
Baki if you like indivisible, you should try set up an emulator and play valkyrie profile, 1 or 2, it's pretty much the same battle system and it kicks all kinds of ass

ALSO SUPER HYPED FOR XENOBLADE X GOD FUCKING DAMNIT DON'T TRIGGER ME ON THIS
Nov 6, 2015 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
Why did they even choose indiegogo? Isn't Kickstarter much popular?

But yeah, I can see why it failed. Maybe people would donate more if they asked for a million, but 1.5 is too much for no-name studio and people. If it had actual Valkyrie Profile devs on it, it would probably sell much better lol. Maybe crowdfunding in general will die out soon when people notice how many of them are either scam or make trash games (dat Mighty Number 9).

Nov 6, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Why did they even choose indiegogo? Isn't Kickstarter much popular?

But yeah, I can see why it failed. Maybe people would donate more if they asked for a million, but 1.5 is too much for no-name studio and people. If it had actual Valkyrie Profile devs on it, it would probably sell much better lol. Maybe crowdfunding in general will die out soon when people notice how many of them are either scam or make trash games (dat Mighty Number 9).

eh they arent no-name really. We played Skullgirls, they made that. Succesfully. And well that was their first game, but the members of the studio worked on Batllefront 1 & 2, Battle Realms, Full Spectrum Warrior, Scott Pilgrim vs the Worlds and The Saboteur. If there is anyone I'd trust with a project like this it would be them.

But thats why they also need so much money. They arent just 4 guys in a garage coding on their laptops but a full fledge game development studio with multiple staff that needs salary. Maybe even an Office to pay. Quality comes at a price and honestly I dont thin the sum is too high. Its just that usual Kickstarters are just too damn dishonest about what their game costs to make.
Nov 8, 2015 2:33 AM

Aug 2011
Xenoblade Chronicles X looks very nice. Is the first game worth playing?
StrawNov 8, 2015 4:33 AM
Nov 17, 2015 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
Xenoblade's price finally dropped on Amazon.

And the Tales of waifu wars continues, with yet another escalation.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 17, 2015 2:55 AM

Feb 2008
Are they that butthurt over Alisha...

Nov 17, 2015 8:59 AM

Apr 2012
I'd fucking kill for this game.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 17, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 2012

Persona Warriors would probably be really boring, but a SMT one could maybe work.
Nov 17, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:

Persona Warriors would probably be really boring, but a SMT one could maybe work.

A MegaTen one? Why not both?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
sushiisawesome said:
baki502 said:

MegaTen Demons are interesting, persona characters not so much. Atleast from a superficial perspective as I havent actually played either games. Wether or not their characters are interesting or not, well doesnt matter too much in a Warriors game now, does it :D. I just dont think Persona characters would be too interesting from a design and moveset perspective.
Nov 17, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2008
Persona Warriors would be boring because Persona is shit.

IVF looks like another step down with the trope cast (oh how I wonder which character in the teaser art could possibly be the childhood friend), forced inclusion of Isabeau in the story because Persona fans want to fuck her, and more 'functions' added because of whiny 'fan' feedback AKA exclusively stuff that will make things even easier.

But 'world setting planner and series monster designs by Kazuma Kaneko' secretly makes me a little excited anyway.

Nov 17, 2015 10:02 PM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:
sushiisawesome said:

MegaTen Demons are interesting, persona characters not so much. Atleast from a superficial perspective as I havent actually played either games. Wether or not their characters are interesting or not, well doesnt matter too much in a Warriors game now, does it :D. I just dont think Persona characters would be too interesting from a design and moveset perspective.

I beg to differ, if there's anything that the Arena games proved to me it's that the Persona characters can (and do) translate well into other genres, if the company gives enough of a damn to make it work.

You can argue that that is a fighting game and that the Dynasty Warriors are just tactical action games, but to say that they can't have interesting movesets doesn't really work. It can work if Koei care enough to make it work.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 4, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
"The rain about to let up, just in time for sunrise"
*PANS ACROSS ONLY A PART OF THE FIRST CONTINENT
Holy shit, that wasn't as good as the god tier introduction to Gaur Plains, but hell it was a pretty good fucking way to start the game.

Also I was hesitant on Sawano doing the OST especially after I listened to the OST. Thank Christ that the vocals are toned down and not overpowering the overwhelming amounts of fucking eyefucking awesome that is on the screen.

Made my character into Fiora, she's a qt and she sounds super qt. Whenever she speaks my heart aches.
Dec 5, 2015 12:08 AM

Apr 2012
Xenoblade Chronicles X sounds rad.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 5, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
GOTY awards. There'll be more

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/
This is a bit easier to look at. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-wins-overall-game-of-the-year-at-2015-ga/1100-6432780/

There's a lot of good games. My favorite part of these awards is not to see what won but to see games that I haven't heard of before. I'm playing Her Story now and I plan to play Undertale next. I'm excited for that. Her Story is pretty good so far I'll post my thoughts afterwards.

Also, DS3. So Hype! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3RFwvSpyM
Dec 5, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Also, DS3. So Hype! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3RFwvSpyM

Dark Souls 3 looks amazing, can't wait.
(Still playing through 1 atm)
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 5, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
Gonna be so hype to play the same game for the fifth time.

Dec 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2011
I'm getting so tired of those games, which is a shame because I used to absolutely love playing them. But enemies attacking from places that are difficult to see, some enemy shooting stuff at you from a high faraway place, mobs. This is starting elicit the same reactions as when I watch the first episode of a new LN adaption.
Dec 5, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:

And you'll love it even more the 6th time.
Dec 5, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't like Her Story too much. It reminded me of the podcast Serial. Interesting, but not exciting. It also left me feeling unsatisfied.
Dec 5, 2015 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
baki502 said:
ZetaZaku said:

And you'll love it even more the 6th time.

I'm glad they're changing some things but we'll see what actually happens when it comes out. What would you want them to change? What would appease you. For me it's more weapons with unique abilities and movesets, expansive covenants that change gameplay more, improved online options, different enemy types. For covenants, give the dragon covenant more than a just some scales and some lame items. I think they did a good job with that in the Bloodborne DLC with the special transformations. That's a step in the right direction.

So, what are some changes that you would like to see?
Dec 7, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2011
I listened to some random tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X and I think it's safe to say Sawano has single-handedly ruined the game. I don't even need to play the game to be sure. Maybe I'll just listen to Xenoblade Chronicles's OST while playing the game instead.

Nagisa33 said:

For the NPC stories to be written in such a way that I don't need a guide for the when, where and how.
Dec 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
Straw said:
I listened to some random tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X and I think it's safe to say Sawano has single-handedly ruined the game. I don't even need to play the game to be sure. Maybe I'll just listen to Xenoblade Chronicles's OST while playing the game instead.

Nagisa33 said:

For the NPC stories to be written in such a way that I don't need a guide for the when, where and how.

True that.
Feb 25, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon? We'll find out today, but man this better not be some weird jank reason for a mega Lunatone or Mega Solrock.
Mar 12, 2016 12:56 AM

Apr 2012
So much hype, I can't even breathe.

AND THIS AHHHHHHH

All that remains is a Zero/Ao localization (there is a fan-translation for Zero this year and Ao next year, so freaking hyped).

If 2016 is trying to make me die from happiness, it's certainly succeeding so far.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 12, 2016 6:21 AM

Feb 2008
Oh wow, that is indeed great news. I'm currently playing Trails in the Sky SC, and I don't remember being this impressed by a JRPG in a long time. The only game that makes you regret not talking to uninvolved NPC's before moving on. I don't like Joshua's newfound edgelord antics, but I'm pretty sure that the team will slap some sense into him once they meet. And why is Olivier so awesome.

Mar 26, 2016 2:57 AM

Apr 2012
(Not even sure if I should post this here, but since it's animu enough I'll do so)

(Will preface this with that I'm a R.Pika main and I fucking love the character; she's fucking adorable)
Pokken is seriously a blast, as both a tekken and pokemon fan it's everything I want and more. The mechanics of this game look simple and might view it as just a overblown, pretty rock, papers, scissors game it's actually a lot more complex than that. The concept of reads and conditioning are much more highlighted with the simplistic moveset and is highlighted with the multitude of mechanics that give the game much needed depth. This game is easily accessible to more casual players who just want to have fun, it has that in abundance. However, it also leaves room for those wanting a competitive game. If you have a WiiU I highly suggest at least checking out the free demo in the eshop. (Also the soundtrack is fantastic)

Pokken showed me why i didn't like For Glory [Smash] that much. It was because match making was based on whoever it paired with you first. There was no sense of balance. The rank mode in Pokken matches you up with similar players in your rank and it allows for much more even battles. As there's something on the line now (even something as arbitrary as rank and win rate) it makes the game much more intense and enjoyable.

Side note: Just got into C5 with 83 wins which I'm very, very happy about. Also happy to do friendlies as long as you shoot me a message (especially if you're a suicuine, mewtwo or pikachu main my MU experience is lacking and I lose way more often).
Mar 28, 2016 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
I"m currently playing the last chapter of Trail in the sky FC. It received a lot of praise from players. While I understand why people love it I have mixed feelings about it.
Character developpement is great but there's a certain lack of epicness trough the whole game. I rarely felt emotionally involved by what was going on.
Battles are fine ( grandia style ) but in most boss battles luck is as important than strategy, that can be annoying.
Some praise the music, I find it can be repetitive and sometimes it does not convey enough feelings.
One of the strong points of this game is that it contains a lot of dialogue and while this benefits a lot to character developpement and to the main story this can sometimes be annoying. Basically everytime you do anything the characters are always talking about everything they can.
Overall it's still worth playing only for the story.
I'm hesitating to pick up the second chapter after I finish this game ( I'm in last chapter ), same gameplay, same world but I'm curious to see how the world and characters evolve from one game to another.

And I guess Cold Steel is less good than Trails right ?

I don't know if it can be called an RPG but I'm also playing crypt of the necrodancer. IT IS SO DAMN HARD TO KEEP UP TO THE RYTHM WHILE SURVIVING ! I'm stuck at level 3 atm
Mar 28, 2016 3:17 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't love Trails in the Sky FC half as much as SC; it's SC that made me fall head over heels for the franchise.

The soundtrack improves exponentially in SC and becomes nothing short of amazing in the 3rd (whenever that gets localized) and Zero/Ao as well as the Cold Steel games.

And I can rant about how much I love Cold Steel from now til tomorrow morning. Personally, I loved Cold Steel more than Sky.
Here's a rant I posted a few minutes ago in the Kiseki fanclub:

tldr Sky FC isn't as good as Cold Steel imo, but I'd propose you play Cold Steel after SC.
And don't hesitate on getting SC, because the story in that game is...well, amazing.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 28, 2016 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure if SC was really an improvement over FC. I'll pick it up later. I've got to save time for trying darkest dungeon too...
Mar 28, 2016 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
Just be sure to finish FC and play the epilogue before actually starting SC, since it's a direct continuation that takes part the next day.

May 5, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2012
THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER ENDS
- Oreki, Hyouka
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.