Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2013 7:31 PM
Mar 2011
this industry were all fans off will most likey remember SM as the best of this genere cause of money made and mainstrem Multimedia Cross ove that it had
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 20, 2013 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
renders said:

but aren't you trying to make others see it your way hence the thread and the praise?
all you do is praising it instead of giving a proper argument

Whats the point arguing over the internet, no matter what points we will come up with for def of the show you will either ignore or dispute constantly. Your mind is already set on hating the show pointless waste of time to convince you otherwise.
Jun 20, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
pralan said:
renders said:
To me the magical girl shows always felt like battle shounens for girls
and most of them > madoka

Lol, seriously, Lol

what's so funny noob?
get a superpower,fight the monster of the week,get new powers
Jun 20, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
renders said:
pralan said:
renders said:

Lol, seriously, Lol

what's so funny noob?
get a superpower,fight the monster of the week,get new powers

Noob? HAHAHA

I can't hahaha, you are funny
Jun 20, 2013 7:34 PM
Mar 2013
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:
Certainly the best out there.

renders said:
it was too short and i felt like it borrowed stuff from other shows like steins gate,mirai nikki,end of eva ,devilman and other bs
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
Cellphones that predict the future-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

If it borrowed anything from other anime is Hidamari Sketche's char design. Try again.

it borrowed the time travel bs twist from steins gate,mirai nikki,znt, and other time travel bs
and that bs ending from eva,akira,devilman and others
and when i say devilman i mean the manga
Madoka never ripped anything off steins gate, madoka used time travel as a plot device, whereas steins gate, time travel is what the show is all about. So what youre thinking is that if there are two animes with time travel, let's say they ripped each other off
SwiftKillaJun 20, 2013 7:38 PM
Jun 20, 2013 7:35 PM
Mar 2011
lol so much fanboyism in here while SM is not my fave of the genre its the Best for the industry so over all its the best
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
DateYutaka said:
lol so much fanboyism in here while SM is not my fave of the genre its the Best for the industry so over all its the best

Opinion and you're one to talk.
Jun 20, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2012
SwiftKilla said:
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:

renders said:
it was too short and i felt like it borrowed stuff from other shows like steins gate,mirai nikki,end of eva ,devilman and other bs
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

If it borrowed anything from other anime is Hidamari Sketche's char design. Try again.

it borrowed the time travel bs twist from steins gate,mirai nikki,znt, and other time travel bs
Madoka never ripped anything off steins gate, madoka used time travel as a plot device, whereas steins gate, time travel is what the show is all about. So what youre thinking is that if there are two ankles with time travel, let's say they ripped each other off.

Ok maybe they didn't looked at steins gate and copied everything but that time travel twist,if you've seen the 3 shows I mentioned then you've seen this freaking twist before

Feb 2010
Kyoko is the most badass character.

Never quite understood how Homura became a fan favorite though.
Mar 2011
Paul said:
DateYutaka said:

Opinion and you're one to talk.

what so far in this topic 90% of the posts i made have been fact based

Jun 20, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Sayaka is more badass. Don't know why Homura fan favorite too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 20, 2013 7:40 PM
Feb 2012
DateYutaka said:
this industry were all fans off will most likey remember SM as the best of this genere cause of money made and mainstrem Multimedia Cross ove that it had

Welcome back, old bean!
Jun 20, 2013 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Sayaka was an anoying character and she was the weakest. Homura at least started out interesting even if her backstory was quite weak.
Jun 20, 2013 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
renders said:
SwiftKilla said:
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:

renders said:
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

Madoka never ripped anything off steins gate, madoka used time travel as a plot device, whereas steins gate, time travel is what the show is all about. So what youre thinking is that if there are two ankles with time travel, let's say they ripped each other off.

Ok maybe they didn't looked at steins gate and copied everything but that time travel twist,if you've seen the 3 shows I mentioned then you've seen this freaking twist before

It wasn't a twist in Steins;Gate, they didn't hide the fact they we're planning to use time travel, the anime was about a time traveling microwave from the start and used as a theme from episode 1, unless you count happening in the first episode out of 24 episodes a twist.

Madoka hid the fact that it that someone had the ability. No one knew what her ability was til it was shown about half way through.
Jun 20, 2013 7:42 PM
Mar 2011
LimeSlate said:
DateYutaka said:

Welcome back, old bean!

what

Jun 20, 2013 7:42 PM
Mar 2013
renders said:
SwiftKilla said:
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:

renders said:
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

Yes because it's based on time travel theories from the real world, the two shows just happened to use the same idea, besides, both animes aired at the same year
Jun 20, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Sayaka was an anoying character and she was the weakest.

I think you're talking about Madoka.

Though I don't hold likability or lack thereof against the characters.

Apr 2013
renders said:
otakuNproud said:
renders said:
otakuNproud said:
renders said:
ok then let's put the copying part aside
what exactly was so great about this show?:)
after ep 4 or 5 when you know happens you kinda get the idea about what kinda show to expect,the length is too short to care about any of the characters,the witches...I don't even,the time travel twist you've seen a 1000x times
and the 2.0 end of eva ending
so what's so thought provoking about this show?

Well, as I said on somebody else's post, I like the way it show the consequences of becoming a magical girl more realistically. I mean, think about it, once you become a magical girl (or a magical anything for that matter) you aren't exactly human anymore. It makes you think about what you are willing to do to have that kind of power. Besides that, I really empathized with some of the characters, especially Madoka and Homura. Those two have got to be the most noble female anime characters I've ever encountered.

Yeah I think about it,I've seen this in every magical girl show done better,especially Jeanne...oh Jeanne

Well, if you read my starting post, you'd see that I said I liked the soundtrack and the animation too. Basically, to sum it up, I liked it b/c it was angsty, bleak, and hopeful. Also, b/c Homura and Modoka would make a good couple, IMO. And, I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to make me see it your way.

but aren't you trying to make others see it your way hence the thread and the praise?

No, I am not trying to make people see it my way. If I were, I would be arguing with everyone who disagrees with me. All I wanted to know is if there was anyone else who like Madoka more than any other magical girl anime.

But, if you want an argument here:

The main reason I find Madoka better than other magical girl anime is because it was an anime first and not a manga first. As a result, I didn't have to worry about changes like the ones I noticed when I watched Sailor Stars (the final season of Sailor Moon). The other reason is that I like the idea of a non-cute magical girl series. I think it is a good way to draw in older audiences who like the genre but don't want the kid stuff that is in Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Jul 2007
Paul said:
renders said:

But guess what? Most magical girl anime these days are aimed at adult men.

Most magical girl anime, such as Jewelpet, Lilpri, and the dominance that is Precure are still made with the intention of being watched by young girls. Adult men are a fringe audience, like the "bronies" are to My Little Pony.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 2012
<MajinSaga> All magic girl anime sucks, you weeaboos fail to recognize your stupidity by watching this moe bullshit.
Jun 20, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
LimeSlate said:
<MajinSaga> All magic girl anime sucks, you weeaboos fail to recognize your stupidity by watching this moe bullshit.

Nailed it.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 20, 2013 7:46 PM
Mar 2013
Paul said:
renders said:
SwiftKilla said:
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:

renders said:
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

It wasn't a twist in Steins;Gate, they didn't hide the fact they we're planning to use time travel, the anime was about a time traveling microwave from the start and used as a theme from episode 1, unless you count happening in the first episode out of 24 episodes a twist.

Madoka hid the fact that it that someone had the ability. No one knew what her ability was til it was shown about half way through.
Nah the initial idea from episode one is about a microwave turning bananas into gelbanas, but that's just a buildup for time travel
Jun 20, 2013 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

Most magical girl anime, such as Jewelpet, Lilpri, and the dominance that is Precure are still made with the intention of being watched by young girls. Adult men are a fringe audience, like the "bronies" are to My Little Pony.

I dunno about those shows, since I don't care to look up their time slots, but airing near/after midnight is definitely not a show aimed for children.
Jun 20, 2013 7:47 PM
Sep 2011
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Sayaka was an anoying character and she was the weakest. Homura at least started out interesting even if her backstory was quite weak.

I see Homura as more of an escapist character, or a symbolic character. People admire her icy demeanor and penchant for explosions and artillery. Others wish they could have a Homura who will dedicate her entire existence to them.

The problem is, Madoka is an anime, not a fanfic, so a character who's entire being revolves around his or her association with another character seems really shallow.
Jun 20, 2013 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
Akito_Kinomoto said:

I've heard some people like Homura b/c she was messed up and cold. And I agree, Kyoko is pretty cool; plus she is more messed up than Homura.
Jun 20, 2013 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
SwiftKilla said:
Paul said:
renders said:
SwiftKilla said:
Madoka
renders said:
BatoKusanagi said:

renders said:
i didn't liked madoka

That so, let's see:
Time travel-- Nope
Angels-- Nope
BS-- Nope
Witches-- Yes.

Nah the initial idea from episode one is about a microwave turning bananas into gelbanas, but that's just a buildup for time travel

I can't confirm it since it's been out for a while but from what I can remember, the anime was already known to be a anime focusing on time traveling. Steins;Gate that is.
Jun 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Feb 2012
RLinksoul said:
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

I see Homura as more of an escapist character, or a symbolic character. People admire her icy demeanor and penchant for explosions and artillery. Others wish they could have a Homura who will dedicate her entire existence to them.

The problem is, Madoka is an anime, not a fanfic, so a character who's entire being revolves around his or her association with another character seems really shallow.
I don't disagree. I started to dislike her more and more after her backstory was revealed. She was so empty and weak willed.
Jun 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
renders said:

I know it's not exactly a brand new thing, but really it's the execution that is the most important. My problem with the halfway point of S;G is that I think Mayuri is a very weak character. She just acts cute and then we get to the halfway point and that is still her only trait. What little development she gets only happens in the second half, which dulls the impact of what is supposed to be the turning point of the show.

What makes Madoka's time travel strong is again not the concept, but the execution.
Jun 20, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2012
otakuNproud said:
renders said:
otakuNproud said:
renders said:
otakuNproud said:
renders said:
ok then let's put the copying part aside
what exactly was so great about this show?:)
after ep 4 or 5 when you know happens you kinda get the idea about what kinda show to expect,the length is too short to care about any of the characters,the witches...I don't even,the time travel twist you've seen a 1000x times
and the 2.0 end of eva ending
so what's so thought provoking about this show?

Well, as I said on somebody else's post, I like the way it show the consequences of becoming a magical girl more realistically. I mean, think about it, once you become a magical girl (or a magical anything for that matter) you aren't exactly human anymore. It makes you think about what you are willing to do to have that kind of power. Besides that, I really empathized with some of the characters, especially Madoka and Homura. Those two have got to be the most noble female anime characters I've ever encountered.

Yeah I think about it,I've seen this in every magical girl show done better,especially Jeanne...oh Jeanne

Well, if you read my starting post, you'd see that I said I liked the soundtrack and the animation too. Basically, to sum it up, I liked it b/c it was angsty, bleak, and hopeful. Also, b/c Homura and Modoka would make a good couple, IMO. And, I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to make me see it your way.

No, I am not trying to make people see it my way. If I were, I would be arguing with everyone who disagrees with me. All I wanted to know is if there was anyone else who like Madoka more than any other magical girl anime.

But, if you want an argument here:

The main reason I find Madoka better than other magical girl anime is because it was an anime first and not a manga first. As a result, I didn't have to worry about changes like the ones I noticed when I watched Sailor Stars (the final season of Sailor Moon). The other reason is that I like the idea of a non-cute magical girl series. I think it is a good way to draw in older audiences who like the genre but don't want the kid stuff that is in Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

I respect your opinion about liking more than any other show of the genre but since you made this thread and kinda wanted to make it like a statement I decided to share my point of view...that it's not true xD
Jun 20, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
RLinksoul said:
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

I don't expect teenagers burdened with saving the world and knowing they sold their soul to act rationally either.
Jun 20, 2013 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
RLinksoul said:
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

The way I see Sayaka is the conflict about her and her ideal and the male character (forgot his name) is just a catalist.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 20, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2007
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

I dunno about those shows, since I don't care to look up their time slots, but airing near/after midnight is definitely not a show aimed for children.

Those aren't magical girl series in the traditional sense. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that most of MAL doesn't watch or has no interest in traditional magical girl series and would rather watch the otaku-pandering moe adventures that parade themselves as "magical girl".
Jun 20, 2013 7:52 PM
Feb 2012
<MajinSaga> Why the hell are you weeaboos debating over this moe bullshit? How about debating over Ghost in the Shell where there is actually a plot compared to this moe bullshit plotless piece of shit.
Jun 20, 2013 7:53 PM

Jan 2012
Splitter said:
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

Those aren't magical girl series in the traditional sense. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that most of MAL doesn't watch or has no interest in traditional magical girl series and would rather watch the otaku-pandering moe adventures that parade themselves as "magical girl".

I noticed most people on mal don't watch shows that are older than 2006-7 unless they are hyped like bebop or eva
Jun 20, 2013 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Splitter said:
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

Traditional sense?
Jun 20, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2010
Slyr3do0n said:
RLinksoul said:
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

I don't disagree. I started to dislike her more and more after her backstory was revealed. She was so empty and weak willed.

My dislike for Homura grew because she was anything but weak-willed. But it got to the point where her selfishness made her disregard everyone else. All of the characters barring Mami were compelling though.
Jun 20, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
LimeSlate said:

You fail to recognize your own stupidity by wasting sixty seconds of your life commenting on a thread you don't care for.
Jun 20, 2013 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
Slyr3do0n said:
NeoAnkara said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Whether or not she is annoying is up to the viewer's personal judgement, but she is not a weak character. She has good character development and is multidimensional in her personality.
Jun 20, 2013 7:59 PM

Oct 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:

My dislike for Homura grew because she was anything but weak-willed. But it got to the point where her selfishness made her disregard everyone else. All of the characters barring Mami were compelling though.

Wouldn't it be natural for Homura to be distanced from the people she's trying to save over and over again? The thought of trying to fix the exact same situation can make someone go insane.

Mami and others had the luxury of being unaware of the time looping.

Jun 20, 2013 7:59 PM
Feb 2012
otakuNproud said:
LimeSlate said:

You fail to recognize your own stupidity by wasting sixty seconds of your life commenting on a thread you don't care for.

But... But... That wasn't me though! ;-;
Jun 20, 2013 8:00 PM
Sep 2011
Akito_Kinomoto said:

^ By episode 8 I got so sick of every word out of her mouth making her seem increasingly cold and unlikable that once her sob story came about I couldn't feel anything for her.
Jun 20, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2012
daedroth4 said:
Whether or not she is annoying is up to the viewer's personal judgement, but she is not a weak character. She has good character development and is multidimensional in her personality.
I meant that she was a weak magical girl. As for her personality, she was extremely self-righteous and it got on my nerves but as you said that is a personal opinion.
Jun 20, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2012
oh and i noticed the op barely watched 17 anime
so I dunno what to make of that,you remind me of people that barely watched a few shows and go from naruto to death note than go to forums calling it the best anime evar

Jul 2007
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

Traditional sense?

Series aimed at young girls, often 51+ episodes that focus on empowering the audience and focusing on the girls' friendships with one another. The girls' powers are treated like a fun secret all of them share amongst each other deepening their bonds over time. I seriously think there needs to be another term other than "magical girl" for shows like Madoka and Nanoha and their like, because while good, they are focused on topics and situations that are not kid-friendly, and often the friendship element is for the purpose of providing cheesecake fodder.

Apr 2013
LimeSlate said:
otakuNproud said:
LimeSlate said:

That wasn't? In that case, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I like your picture; it's cute.
Jun 20, 2013 8:02 PM
Feb 2012
otakuNproud said:
LimeSlate said:
otakuNproud said:
LimeSlate said:

That wasn't? In that case, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I like your picture; it's cute.

No I was posting on behalf of King Hypocrite.

Thanks! ^^

On Topic: Nanoha is my favorite Mahou Shoujo but I don't mind Madoka and others either.
Jun 20, 2013 8:03 PM

Feb 2010
Tavor said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

Wouldn't it be natural for Homura to be distanced from the people she's trying to save over and over again? The thought of trying to fix the exact same situation can make someone go insane.

She was only trying to save Madoka IIRC. When she told Sayaka the only reason she's even concerned about her is because her suffering is hurting Madoka, I was like jeez.
Jun 20, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2008
Splitter said:
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
Splitter said:
Paul said:
renders said:

Traditional sense?

Series aimed at young girls, often 51+ episodes that focus on empowering the audience and focusing on the girls' friendships with one another. The girls' powers are treated like a fun secret all of them share amongst each other deepening their bonds over time. I seriously think there needs to be another term other than "magical girl" for shows like Madoka and Nanoha and their like, because while good, they are focused on topics and situations that are not kid-friendly, and often the friendship element is for the purpose of providing cheesecake fodder.

Sounds like every mahou shoujo I've seen minus the episode count, which doesn't include many titles but does include both Madoka and Nanoha. Except Madoka never had much interactions with strangers so revealing ones secret wasn't much a problem.

Also found this.
Jun 20, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
Tavor said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

The one thing I don't like about Homura is that her entire character revolve around Madoka. Remove Madoka and she is nothing.
Jun 20, 2013 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:

She was only trying to save Madoka IIRC. When she told Sayaka the only reason she's even concerned about her is because her suffering is hurting Madoka, I was like jeez.

NeoAnkara said:
The one thing I don't like about Homura is that her entire character revolve around Madoka. Remove Madoka and she is nothing.

Oh! I didn't even remember that. I understand what you mean by being selfish in that sense then.

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.