Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who do you think is Takumi's real love?
Jan 7, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
I am now confuse if Takumi really love Hachi or he's already head over heels inlove with Reira.
I am confident in my opinion that Takumi's true love is Hachi and Reira is Takumi's first love or he has this brotherly love for her. >.<

But Takumi's current actions are different than before, he seems to care more for Reira than Hachi.
[Takumi you idiot! :( ] I am hoping that he would wake up from his foolishness and start to realize Hachi's value. I will still stick with my opinion that Takumi's true love is Hachi, he just doesn't know her true value for him as of now. Maybe he needs to get separated with Hachi for a while for him to realize her worth.

What do you guys think?
Takumi loves Hachi?
Takumi loves Reira?
oOboredtodeathOoJan 7, 2009 5:58 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 7, 2009 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know. I am as confused as the next person about his true feelings. I HOPEHOPEHOPE his real love is Hachi. Even if it's not "true," I know he definitely cares about her and I do feel like his kindness towards Reira may just be a force of habit.
Jan 9, 2009 7:55 AM

Jun 2007
I think Takumi loves Takumi. if he loved Hachi so much, he wouldn't have treated her the way he did. that's not love.
Jan 11, 2009 5:16 AM

Aug 2008
Shia said:
I think Takumi loves Takumi. if he loved Hachi so much, he wouldn't have treated her the way he did. that's not love.

I think we'll never know! :D Amer for your answer
You think you know, but you have no idea!
I luv 散魂鉄爪 and 飛刃血爪
Jan 23, 2009 11:35 AM
Jun 2008
I think Takumi really is ultimately only lookin out for Takumi. I mean *sure* he *takes care* of things, but really I think that it's just so everything he's worked so hard to build doesn't come crashing down. I think he loves Hachi though. She's so different from prolly anyone he's ever met and her being as emotional as she is prolly makes him *feel* (something he's obviously not used to ^^) I think with time he'll be more like a human than a monster, i hope so anyway. I still love him tho >^.^<
Apr 10, 2009 4:01 AM

Feb 2008
Shia said:
Totally agree. He cheats on her. He lies to her. He is not with her when SHE needs him to be. And he doesn't care if she is in the mood to be with him when HE needs it. (Come on, he raped her [yeah, I think that when someone doesn't want to sleep with someone else and is still forced to do it - that's what you call a rape) two times) The only thing that he actually does for her is to pay the bills. That's not love at all.
May 8, 2009 11:37 AM

Feb 2008
Shia said:
That's right. I don't think that he really love anyone. Looks like words like - honest and faithful just don't exist in his moral dictionary. He cheats on Hachi and giving money for living is not the most important thing. Better to be poor but happy but living in luxorious house but be sad and lonely. He knows how Reira feels about him and he use that. He can't miss any opportunity that shows in front of him. God. I just don't like that guy at all :[
May 17, 2009 12:19 AM

Jul 2007
Nai nai. Takumi loved Ren!

*cough*

I really wonder. His feelings are kinda difficult but with what he did go through..it's no wonder. He does care for Hachi and is somehow attached to her but to what extent, I wonder. And about Reira.. His..sweet angel that wasn't so innocent as he wished?

Shia said:

Ahh I guess this one did hit the spot after all.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
May 17, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I think Takumi is a more complicated character than we're giving him credit for. I think that Takumi does in fact love Hachi, and probably cherishes her more than he does many anything else, however he also has a selfish stance on everything. He sees Hachi as a possession, one that he has already marked and made infatuated with him so he's not going to like just handing her away. In truth, Hachi gives Takumi everything he needs in a home life and that kind of comfort aids in his possessive love for her.

Reira embodies the love of his job and the love for the connection he always had with her. Reira was his sister and is currently his meal ticket and he's selfish enough to willingly sacrifice anything to make sure everything is going well for her. Even if it means he has to sacrifice Hachi... I think that Takumi has more than just love for himself, and that he does indeed love Hachiko. I think he loves Reira as well. But the problem is his motives are so selfish he still can't look past himself to choose. If you pay attention you really get a good glimpse of how shallow his actions really are.

Any of this make sense?
"From that day forth, no matter how many times I've fallen down, I could still pick myself up and stand up straight, because I know you will always be by my side watching me!" --Nana
Jun 13, 2009 2:08 PM

Jun 2007
I think you're reading too much into it (when it=his character). you can find dozens of excuses to cheating men, all it takes is a very good bullshiter and a very blind (by love) wife/girlfriend. but in the end of the day, when you truely love someone, you'll never betray the faith he has in you.
or, as someone once told me - "when there's a doubt, there's no doubt".
Jun 13, 2009 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
Takumi is too disloyal to be with any one girl. He's always out sleeping with other girls, even after
Jun 21, 2009 9:00 AM
Sep 2007
RodIldKitsune said:
I think Takumi is a more complicated character than we're giving him credit for. I think that Takumi does in fact love Hachi, and probably cherishes her more than he does many anything else, however he also has a selfish stance on everything. He sees Hachi as a possession, one that he has already marked and made infatuated with him so he's not going to like just handing her away. In truth, Hachi gives Takumi everything he needs in a home life and that kind of comfort aids in his possessive love for her.

Reira embodies the love of his job and the love for the connection he always had with her. Reira was his sister and is currently his meal ticket and he's selfish enough to willingly sacrifice anything to make sure everything is going well for her. Even if it means he has to sacrifice Hachi... I think that Takumi has more than just love for himself, and that he does indeed love Hachiko. I think he loves Reira as well. But the problem is his motives are so selfish he still can't look past himself to choose. If you pay attention you really get a good glimpse of how shallow his actions really are.

Any of this make sense?

yes yes! I absolutely agree. I think he has his priorities mixed up, in which he believes it's more important to be responsible with your job and make it all work out than to breathe a little and care for the ones who care for you. Kinda reminds me of my own father in that sense. And since he knows that Hachi will be there, he takes her for granted.
Sep 22, 2010 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
Shia said:
I think Takumi loves Takumi.
Word.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Sep 20, 2013 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
i think that he loves reira and likes hachi as a human. for some reason which only god knows he chose to have sex with all the women except reira then marry hachi,saying he LOVES her and can't live without her and THEN he goes and has sex with reira but continues to say that he loves hachi.then he goes all the way to london and decides to live with reira and his son ren.AND I am pretty certain that ren(junior)is actually reira's and takumi's kid.reira is irreplaceable for takumi who -if i may swear is one self-centered, egomaniac bastard- and cheats on hachi every second day of the year...)nevertheless he until the last(for now)chapter goes on saying that he couldn't tolerate the fact if hachi divorced him.
so my point is takumi should live by himself for the rest of his life or with reira since they both deserve each other!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Worst? [Warning: may contain spoilers]

removed-user - Dec 1, 2008

24 by kasumii »»
Sep 20, 2013 10:53 AM

Poll: » TakumiXHachi? OR NobuXHachi?

oOboredtodeathOo - May 9, 2009

15 by hysteria_x »»
Jan 31, 2010 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.