Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2013 3:14 AM
Dec 2010
Give this show chance.
Just finished this anime and i have to say it's very good watch. Of course it has it's downs as any other show but it's definitely NOT show that should bear average score down under 7.
My guess is that it's underrated because there were no subs until recent release of all episode by Dotei.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 26, 2013 5:28 PM
Feb 2013
I have to disagree with you, the story was poorly written. It had potential of being a somewhat decent anime but the story really lowered its quality.
Reasons:

artemisxrpgApr 26, 2013 5:33 PM
Apr 27, 2013 1:45 AM
Dec 2010
artemisxrpg said:
I have to disagree with you, the story was poorly written. It had potential of being a somewhat decent anime but the story really lowered its quality.

Basically you just described flaws of any other show with score between 7-8 here on mal and you did that based on your personal preferences. This show had score of 6-7, most likely because not enough ppl saw it.
I wanted to tell anyone that they should try it for themselves and not being distracted by low score because there were additional circumstances due to which this show was accessible only to few hard core anime fans that were fluent in Japanese. And there are ppl who liked it, I'm one of them...

artemisxrpg said:
Reasons:

Well i don't understand how wanting revenge makes a show better or worse, it's just part of a story. You say that characters like Count in Gankutsuou suck because they want to take revenge? Maybe it’s due to existence of often overused main stream trend of goodie whim characters who can get their most important person killed but they will go like “owie,.. but I’m too good for hating killer” ? My point is that they finally made it more dark and realistic in this aspect. If you got your lover murdered you would forgive criminal and let killer wander freely and keep on killing? Especially with power to bring murderer down, really ?
On top Aiba wasn't totally blind to others in 1st place e.g.

artemisxrpg said:

Sometimes yes but that's not exactly an argument is it? I mean even in best shows characters are often blind to better solutions making it more dramatic / comedic / irritating /etc.

artemisxrpg said:

He repeatedly left her behind exactly because he wanted to protect her.
- was that unreasonable?

artemisxrpg said:
That's matter of opinion. She had plan to fend against overpowered enemies and she was willing to make sacrifices for

artemisxrpg said:

Again matter of opinion,

Also there are recommendations from other ppl that made me to try this show in 1st place.
(these once are from AniDB)
by banes on2013-04-23 01:30
Kiss Dum is surprisingly outstanding: there is a plot with a good pace that will capture you till the end, there are fights and twisted events, there is love and hate! It's definitely a must see!!!

by DoraG on2012-05-07 22:53
i don't know why this anime doesn't have a review yet, but i'm proud to be the one that tells u that this anime is epic. for all kind off fans, the action, the fights are awesome. it has a great plot about humans vs aliens, the music its great and the characters have good development.
I wish i could say in only a few words that this anime is one of the best i've ever seen. With SF and a litlle romance on top, you will not waste your time i promise

by tenzankhan on2013-01-21 11:19
Unplanned hero, mysterious enemies, fight for survival,a bit romance in battlefield and weapons that talk back. This series has lots of ingredients for a good action anime. Although it has some 'flaws' and 'holes' in the story, it still has good character development and some scene really move me. It also supported by good OP and ED music.

greenmartyApr 27, 2013 1:55 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 28, 2013 11:17 PM
Feb 2013
artemisxrpg said:

He repeatedly left her behind exactly because he wanted to protect her.

There are like no safe place in the planet. Even if they did find a safe place for a short while, eventually they'll be in danger again. So it would've been best if he just stay closed to her. May be my personal opinion, but I'm sure anyone that watches this would understand that. Also, I don't think the main reason that it was underated because there were no sub at the time this was released. Because if it was so interesting or decent as some may have stated, there would have been a lot more fansub group doing this and actually finished the series a lot earlier. Now I understand that there may have been problems that caused delay or for them to drop the project altogether but this was released in 2009 so not being able to get a raw of this is probably not the case. Most likely, the other group lost interest or viewer of the anime lost interest in it so it was drop. And doutei seems like one of those group that finish what they started whether they like it or not. As for me, I only stick with it to the end because I thought it would have a satisfying ending, for me at least, or that it'll become for interesting at the end. Though I think this could've ended a lot better but then that's just my personal opinion. And now, my question to you is what makes this series so great? What so special about it that it would attract other if they actually watched it if still you're sticking with "underrated because it wasn't sub"? I don't mean to throw insults at you or anything just because I disagree with your idea. People have different tastes in things so even if I thought whatever you watched in your whole life was crap, I completely respect your thought.
May 3, 2013 1:40 AM
May 2011
Nothing about this show is underrated, its terrible.

I guess i should have realized this since it never got finished by ANY subbers, i mean how often does that happen?

I hardly ever have to drop animes, usually by the time i get through half of a series i'll finish watching it just for the sake of completing it even if i start to dislike it, but i just couldn't do it on this one.
Apr 1, 2016 6:25 AM
Oct 2014
Anyone want tell me who Rui is ?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiss Dum: Engage Planet Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2013

3 by FireCrauter »»
May 15, 2018 12:36 AM

Poll: » Kiss Dum: Engage Planet Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2013

1 by FireCrauter »»
May 14, 2018 11:47 PM

Poll: » Kiss Dum: Engage Planet Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2013

1 by FireCrauter »»
May 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kiss Dum: Engage Planet Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2013

2 by FireCrauter »»
May 14, 2018 1:47 AM

Poll: » Kiss Dum: Engage Planet Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1 by FireCrauter »»
May 14, 2018 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.