Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Emi or Chi-chan?
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 4, 2013 1:31 AM

May 2012
Maor said:
Loli jugs: rebirth.
Chikan Otoko? lol great manga !!!! but I never really liked loli jugs and even though I go for Emi I also kinda like Chi-chan

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 4, 2013 2:50 AM
Aug 2012
Hase0 said:
omg, surprised emi is winning
Chi-chan >>> emi

Please your Chi-chan is the typical big-boobed loli characters whose only features are her cuteness not to mention that she is annoying. I am actually surprised that she is keeping up with Emi!!!

May 4, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Hase0 said:
Chi-chan >>> emi

Please your Chi-chan is the typical big-boobed loli characters whose only features are her cuteness not to mention that she is annoying. I am actually surprised that she is keeping up with Emi!!!

Never underestimate the moe loli lover hordes. =_=
May 4, 2013 4:06 AM

Jul 2011
I like the type moe bigboobs but Emi is better.
May 4, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Chi-chan all the way.
May 4, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2010
Personally I prefer Chiho because she is cute and nice rack butEmi is also not bad for a tsundere ^^
May 4, 2013 8:23 AM

Nov 2012
pikeman1 said:
I already read the first 5 volume of LN, and still prefer Chi-chan
She's more cute, more thoughtful, care about each others and needless to say, she loves Maou
and bigger boobs, of course

the only thing she can't do like Emi is she can't help Maou in the battles, which is more bigger & more dangerous in the future

though I think the chance she ends up with Maou is pretty low, since Emi & Maou already have

wha-- where do you read the LN?? where do all of you know the spoilers fromm??
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
May 4, 2013 9:02 AM

Dec 2012
Chi-Chan is so cute she should be illegal.
May 4, 2013 10:08 AM
May 2013
i choose emi and she's really cool when transforming into super saiyan..
May 6, 2013 10:06 AM
May 6, 2013 11:17 AM

Jun 2012
Cou all tage jtih hajhe, Aljiel ij ozgioujlc jumekiok.
May 6, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Hase0 said:
Chi-chan >>> emi

pretty inaccurate description, for example i;even if i like those kind of types ,chi-chan is a genki girl (i dont like those types a lot) but i found her likeable and no ,im not liking her only for her boobs .
May 6, 2013 2:15 PM

Apr 2008
Feer19 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Hase0 said:
Chi-chan >>> emi

pretty inaccurate description, for example i;even if i like those kind of types ,chi-chan is a genki girl (i dont like those types a lot) but i found her likeable and no ,im not liking her only for her boobs .

You're one guy. Most people don't have your reasonable reasons.
May 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Feer19 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Hase0 said:
Chi-chan >>> emi

for example, look at pretty much everyone who votes chi chan in this thread, with a few exception they all have the exact same reason

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Darklight0303 said:
Feer19 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Hase0 said:
Chi-chan >>> emi

for example, look at pretty much everyone who votes chi chan in this thread, with a few exception they all have the exact same reason

Precisely o/
May 6, 2013 3:44 PM
Feb 2012
I'm not sure if you guys actually looked or not, there really isn't that many people who replied in this thread saying they picked Chi-chan for her boobs.

In fact, it's about even for those who said she is cute to those who mentioned about her boobs. If you include those with no listed reasons, it's about 2/3rd that didn't mention because of her boobs.

As for Emi, it's like the same for people saying because shes a tsundere and a red head.
May 6, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
Lurkerkiller said:
I'm not sure if you guys actually looked or not, there really isn't that many people who replied in this thread saying they picked Chi-chan for her boobs.

In fact, it's about even for those who said she is cute to those who mentioned about her boobs. If you include those with no listed reasons, it's about 2/3rd that didn't mention because of her boobs.

As for Emi, it's like the same for people saying because shes a tsundere and a red head.

She has more of a personality than Chi ever will >_>
May 6, 2013 4:06 PM
Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Lurkerkiller said:

LOL, Chi has far more personality than you are giving her credit for. After all she stared down Emi after she bad mouthed Maou. I think that there is a lot more to Chi than has been shown yet. How she develops is going to be interesting.
May 6, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Lurkerkiller said:

of course emi has!

better grow a personality or die
edit: forgive my grammar
Feer19May 6, 2013 5:04 PM
May 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lurkerkiller said:

LOL, Chi has far more personality than you are giving her credit for. After all she stared down Emi after she bad mouthed Maou. I think that there is a lot more to Chi than has been shown yet. How she develops is going to be interesting.

It's not about the personality, it's about the character developments. Emi's character developments with Maou is far more interesting than Chi-chan's.. Emi, who is the Hero developing into a romantic relationship with her arch-rival Maou versus Chi-chan, a genki human girl, who instantly likes Maou the moment she met him... In this comparison, it's obvious that Emi far best Chi-chan in developments and this made the entire 'Romance' genre in Hataraku Maou-sama interesting to watch. They only need Chi-chan to drive the main plot and the developments between Maou and Yuusha further..

Besides, Chi-chan is too typical and she's a loli... You can find this type of characters anywhere in the anime world.. Unlike the rare tsundere Yuusha, who is the arch-rival of Maou :3
May 6, 2013 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
Emeralda.
May 7, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2008
Arce0LanCeR said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Darklight0303 said:
Lurkerkiller said:

It's not about the personality, it's about the character developments. Emi's character developments with Maou is far more interesting than Chi-chan's.. Emi, who is the Hero developing into a romantic relationship with her arch-rival Maou versus Chi-chan, a genki human girl, who instantly likes Maou the moment she met him... In this comparison, it's obvious that Emi far best Chi-chan in developments and this made the entire 'Romance' genre in Hataraku Maou-sama interesting to watch. They only need Chi-chan to drive the main plot and the developments between Maou and Yuusha further..

Besides, Chi-chan is too typical and she's a loli... You can find this type of characters anywhere in the anime world.. Unlike the rare tsundere Yuusha, who is the arch-rival of Maou :3

Precisely, my good man. Thank you for the elaborate explanation
May 7, 2013 10:02 AM
Aug 2012
I'm actually quite shocked many people prefer Chi-chan over Emi so far. I know Chi-chan is maximum Kawaii, but her interactions with Maou aren't as entertaining. It's just a cute innocent school girl with an immense crush. Emi's interactions are fricken hilarious, and already has depth.

That is of course if we go by the anime so far, but I doubt many who voted read the light novels.

But ultimately I hope it doesn't turn into a love battle in which Maou. This is one of those anime's I hope it could just end with everyone resuming their daily lives.
KVVMay 7, 2013 10:06 AM
May 7, 2013 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
Arce0LanCeR said:

My dear sir, we are only at the fifth episode. They have barely had the time to develop the main two characters let alone the supporting characters. Given the talent this writer has shown, it is far too premature to be condemning Chi to perpetual Loli status.

As for development. Actually you have it reversed. A hero becoming a "romantic" subject would restrict Emi's development, if the writer takes that course Emi will become diminished. A normal (though extremely well-endowed) teenage girl on the other hand, falling in love with a demon lord and rising up to be able to stand by his side as an equal? Now THAT would require some awesome character development, and I think this writer is up to that challenge.

Now in general I would agree with you. I dislike the "loli" character and really like Emi's character. However specifically for this series, I think we could have non-cliched plot development, so as I said, it is far too early to let our preconceived notions get in the way.
May 7, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Arce0LanCeR said:

My dear sir, we are only at the fifth episode. They have barely had the time to develop the main two characters let alone the supporting characters. Given the talent this writer has shown, it is far too premature to be condemning Chi to perpetual Loli status.

As for development. Actually you have it reversed. A hero becoming a "romantic" subject would restrict Emi's development, if the writer takes that course Emi will become diminished. A normal (though extremely well-endowed) teenage girl on the other hand, falling in love with a demon lord and rising up to be able to stand by his side as an equal? Now THAT would require some awesome character development, and I think this writer is up to that challenge.

Now in general I would agree with you. I dislike the "loli" character and really like Emi's character. However specifically for this series, I think we could have non-cliched plot development, so as I said, it is far too early to let our preconceived notions get in the way.

Both are cliche's >_> Emi's is the lesser evil.
May 7, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly didn't like Chi that much when I started this show. I thought she'd be the fanservice girl who's sole purpose would be to uselessly flail her oversized boobs around. Fortunately, I'm being proved otherwise so far, so I tolerate her a lot more. I still prefer Emi though. Maybe I have a thing for tsunderes.
May 7, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2011
Chi-chan will win.

Because Emi will die.

Emi will be killed by Rika in a Yandere rage after Emi turns down Rika's yuri advances and tells Rika she loves Maou. Rika is the secret final boss who caused the Kobe quake with her incredible demonic powers.

P.S. this is purely fun speculation.
May 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
Cirris said:
Chi-chan will win.

Because Emi will die.

Emi will be killed by Rika in a Yandere rage after Emi turns down Rika's yuri advances and tells Rika she loves Maou. Rika is the secret final boss who caused the Kobe quake with her incredible demonic powers.

cool story bro. Keep dreaming.
May 7, 2013 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Cirris said:
Chi-chan will win.

Because Emi will die.

cool story bro. Keep dreaming.

that is why he said fun speculation ...
May 7, 2013 6:47 PM

Sep 2012
Cirris said:

Thanks for saying, I almost thought it was a spoiler.
May 7, 2013 8:37 PM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Arce0LanCeR said:

I lol-ed at the first one. Yeah, I think it's far too early to condemn Chi-chan to a perpetual loli status.

I have to disagree with the second one. You're stating as if Emi getting into a romantic relationship with Maou will ruin her character as a Hero. I'd say otherwise though as this is a mixture of 'rom-com-serious' anime not a ' very serious' anime like Shingeki no Kyojin. A Hero who despises Maou at first and fell for him later would make the 'romance' more unique as you don't usually see this kind of 'Enemy loves Enemy' type romance in the anime world. Although I agree that the epic heroic Emi will become diminished if she fell to the 'romance' route. But that is only limited to the non-romance fans, the seriousness fans. Take Erza and Jellal from Fairy Tail for an example. At first, Erza fans (the seriousness fans) were enraged to see their badass Erza going all dere dere towards Jellal (who was an antagonist).. But now, they came to accept their relationship, as it drives the 'story' and the 'romance' genre of FT forward in a positive way. Coming back to Maou and Yuusha, I don't really see how Emi falling in love with Maou, will degrade her character to an extent that she won't be interesting or irrelevant to the series anymore. Who says she can't be a badass in love? Furhermore, another 'development' I meant was the 'Hate to Love' type of romance. This type is most common with Tsundere heroines such as Taiga (Toradora), Kirino and Ayase (OreImo), Lisarra (Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai). At first you hate, at last you love. IMO the best type of romance there is. I've said this before, even if you're right about the huge character development, Chi-chan falling in love with Maou at first sight is really uninteresting IMO as she is too typical and lacks depth, not to mention the lack of uniqueness. This is similar to LedoxAmy in Suisei no Gargantia.

I don't really get why people care about 'cliche' developments. Yeah it's too early ,but well I'm just stating "what I like to see" rather than "what I'm seeing" here in this series. Anyways, forgive my inferior english as I'm just a high school student. (=_=)
Azai-kunMay 7, 2013 8:42 PM
May 7, 2013 9:25 PM
Oct 2012
Arce0LanCeR said:
I lol-ed at the first one. Yeah, I think it's far too early to condemn Chi-chan to a perpetual loli status.

I have to disagree with the second one. You're stating as if Emi getting into a romantic relationship with Maou will ruin her character as a Hero. I'd say otherwise though as this is a mixture of 'rom-com-serious' anime not a ' very serious' anime like Shingeki no Kyojin. A Hero who despises Maou at first and fell for him later would make the 'romance' more unique as you don't usually see this kind of 'Enemy loves Enemy' type romance in the anime world. Although I agree that the epic heroic Emi will become diminished if she fell to the 'romance' route. But that is only limited to the non-romance fans, the seriousness fans. Take Erza and Jellal from Fairy Tail for an example. At first, Erza fans (the seriousness fans) were enraged to see their badass Erza going all dere dere towards Jellal (who was an antagonist).. But now, they came to accept their relationship, as it drives the 'story' and the 'romance' genre of FT forward in a positive way. Coming back to Maou and Yuusha, I don't really see how Emi falling in love with Maou, will degrade her character to an extent that she won't be interesting or irrelevant to the series anymore. Who says she can't be a badass in love? Furhermore, another 'development' I meant was the 'Hate to Love' type of romance. This type is most common with Tsundere heroines such as Taiga (Toradora), Kirino and Ayase (OreImo), Lisarra (Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai). At first you hate, at last you love. IMO the best type of romance there is. I've said this before, even if you're right about the huge character development, Chi-chan falling in love with Maou at first sight is really uninteresting IMO as she is too typical and lacks depth, not to mention the lack of uniqueness. This is similar to LedoxAmy in Suisei no Gargantia.

I don't really get why people care about 'cliche' developments. Yeah it's too early ,but well I'm just stating "what I like to see" rather than "what I'm seeing" here in this series. Anyways, forgive my inferior english as I'm just a high school student. (=_=)

Ah, if you enjoyed what I wrote so much the better.

As for Emi and Romance, my comments were more on a timing issue. The longer this series goes the better a MaouXEmi romance would be, but to do it in a single season would be too rushed, and that rushing would be what would diminish Emi. Don't forget Maou is ultimately responsible for her father's death, now while I think we will discover that the is still alive (and a powerful member for the church), she isn't going to get over her 10-15 years of ardent training to destroy Maou easily, even with the knowledge that everything she knew was a lie. There is too much to her story to let her fall in love with Maou in 13 episodes.

Cliche is something you learn to loathe after seeing it all too often, so not to insult you, but youth helps to protect you against the horrors of cliche. The one benefit of age is that you have a much larger frame of reference, so cliches become so damn boring and you come to appreciate good original writing so much more.

That said, you do have a point. Well made cliche shows are not bad: macross frontier for an example. But a hatred of cliches also helps you to appreciate a well made cliched plot!
May 7, 2013 10:30 PM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

As for Emi and Romance, my comments were more on a timing issue. The longer this series goes the better a MaouXEmi romance would be, but to do it in a single season would be too rushed, and that rushing would be what would diminish Emi. Don't forget Maou is ultimately responsible for her father's death, now while I think we will discover that the is still alive (and a powerful member for the church), she isn't going to get over her 10-15 years of ardent training to destroy Maou easily, even with the knowledge that everything she knew was a lie. There is too much to her story to let her fall in love with Maou in 13 episodes.

Cliche is something you learn to loathe after seeing it all too often, so not to insult you, but youth helps to protect you against the horrors of cliche. The one benefit of age is that you have a much larger frame of reference, so cliches become so damn boring and you come to appreciate good original writing so much more.

That said, you do have a point. Well made cliche shows are not bad: macross frontier for an example. But a hatred of cliches also helps you to appreciate a well made cliched plot!

Ah I see your point there. You should have mention this on your earlier post haha. Well, if you're referring to the anime, yeah I agree. Rushing will entirely ruin if not diminish the development between Yuusha and Maou heck even Chi-chan and Maou. However the LN is a different matter. The author will have more time to create a 'romantic' development between MaouxYuusha and of course MaouxChiho.. So I guess from this, we won't be getting any timing issue of MaouXEmi romance in the LN no? But so far, the anime is already done quite well, I don't see any problem if the 'romance' route did happen. I'm sure they will do something for it not to become so rushed. Also, I heard that the LNs were very good and there were no problems for the author to develop a MaouxEmi romance route (Actually he already did took the MaouxEmi route lol). But I won't say Chi-chan didn't get her moments in the LN. I'll take your point that it can be a great character development for her if she end up with Maou. I'm just stating my opinion that Emi is better and of course it's your opinion that Chi-chan's better that's all xD ..

Haha, well.. I'll take your advices on dem cliches, but so far I'm not having a problem on it. (maybe I did but didn't notice o_o)

So I guess we're even now? xD
Azai-kunMay 7, 2013 10:41 PM
May 7, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
Glad to see Emi still in the lead. She kicked ass this episode meanwhile Chiho was just the damsel in distress.
[center]
May 8, 2013 12:19 AM

Nov 2011
I'm just going to go with Chiho since she's the one that sincerely likes him. Even now, I don't see a hint of liking Maou from Emi. She finally warmed up to him enough as a friend, but of course it's that relationship where they're sort of friends, but in a abusive way.

Sometimes I feel like he treats her somewhat as a child since he tries to be nice and sincere to her at times since she had no one else with her for awhile there.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 8, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Arce0LanCeR said:

I don't think he killed her father. Given we've seen how corrupt the church is, it's more likely they lied that he was dead OR they killed him to give her the motivation to truly become the hero of Vengeance
May 8, 2013 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
I don't see how Emi falling for Maou is more unique , it is just cliche and I have faith in this show that they might not go with the obvious route.
I originally voted for Emi but now I am hoping for Chi-Chan.
VioLink said:
Glad to see Emi still in the lead. She kicked ass this episode meanwhile Chiho was just the damsel in distress.

I don't quite get your logic she is just a normal highschool girl meanwhile Emi is a hero with super powers etc..
May 8, 2013 1:53 AM

Apr 2008
tsudecimo said:
I don't see how Emi falling for Maou is more unique , it is just cliche and I have faith in this show that they might not go with the obvious route.
VioLink said:

I don't quite get your logic she is just a normal highschool girl meanwhile Emi is a hero with super powers etc..

Given some of the official arts you will be sorely disappointed and I am glad for that
May 8, 2013 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
tsudecimo said:
VioLink said:

Given some of the official arts you will be sorely disappointed and I am glad for that

You mean the cover arts for the light novel ?
May 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:

Both Emi and Chi-chan falling for Maou is cliche. Let's just put this way. Which cliche is more interesting and of course 'rare'... The 'Enemy loves Enemy' MaouxEmi or the typical genki girl falls for the great main character MaouxChiho?

I don't really quite get how do you see something 'unique'. Why don't we call MaouxEmi the 'unique' cliche eh? xD

tsudecimo said:

You mean the cover arts for the light novel ?

Nope. He meant the illustrations of the light novel. From there we can already see MaouxEmi is already canon. But of course the author will still put some MaouxChiho moments as he'll probably wanna keep a secondary romance interest.
Azai-kunMay 8, 2013 3:20 AM
May 8, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:
VioLink said:

she is just a normal highschool girl

Exactly.
[center]
May 10, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
I voted for Emi.
Just because seeing an Hero in our kind of world stalking a demon is a lot more fun than the average schoolgirl. Chiho is still interesting, but I consider Emi more amusing.
May 10, 2013 2:12 AM

Jun 2010
Question for the Novel readers. Who's actually leading in the Novel? Emi or Chiho? Is Maou x Emi actually developing well? Better than Maou x Chiho's developments?

Kindly put it in a spoiler tag and refrain from unnecessary spoilers. Just wanna know what is happening to Maou x Emi romance because the Anime seems to be focusing on Chiho so far.
May 10, 2013 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
The new girl that just showed up...

I'm not gonna vote because Emi can be a bit borderline annoying at times. Same goes for Chi-chan. If the series would play out as it is, He would obviously end up with Emi to make the story more interesting.
May 10, 2013 3:56 AM

Mar 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Question for the Novel readers. Who's actually leading in the Novel? Emi or Chiho? Is Maou x Emi actually developing well? Better than Maou x Chiho's developments?

Kindly put it in a spoiler tag and refrain from unnecessary spoilers. Just wanna know what is happening to Maou x Emi romance because the Anime seems to be focusing on Chiho so far.

We still don't have any translations for the LN which is kinda sad x_x

well, you can still check the LN's illustrations which clearly shows that
May 10, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2011
Of course, Emi
My expectation'd be Loli-chan tears flow after seeing them leave

**☾**
May 10, 2013 8:59 AM
May 10, 2013 9:43 AM
Oct 2012
VioLink said:
tsudecimo said:
VioLink said:

she is just a normal highschool girl

Exactly.

Is she? Don't know too many "normal" highschool girls who are completely fine hanging around a high powered demon or leading two demons into a haunted school. Also let's not forget that she somehow understands that foreign language....

Prediction: there is far more to Chi than we know yet, and I have a feeling we were just introduced to the beginning.
May 11, 2013 1:56 AM

Jun 2010
Arce0LanCeR said:
-MgZ_ said:

We still don't have any translations for the LN which is kinda sad x_x

well, you can still check the LN's illustrations which clearly shows that

I see. That's good!
May 11, 2013 1:27 PM
Oct 2011
B> TSUNDERES
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.