Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 19, 2023 8:26 PM

Aug 2019
Alexioos95 said:
Code0018 said:
So what caused Shiki to even go into a coma? The final moments we see from Movie 2 is her about to murder Kokutou before it cuts.

When it cuts , you can very clearly hear the sound of a car moving forward.
Implied accident , but you'll have the definitive answer in Movie 7.

Code0018 said:
I might be dumb, but it is now just Shiki's personality left, and not SHIKI's?

Yes.
That's why she's lonely and depressed.

Dunno how it's in English subs , but French subs did a good job at handling him/her for the 2 personalities , so it's easier to follow. (And there is also the Japanese voice acting , with both Shikis talking differently.)

Code0018 said:
This might be answered in a future Chapter, but does that doll Touko has that Kokutou was by that also kinda resemble Shiki have any significance? Or just like a symbolism and coincidence it looks like her?

It's a coincidence that Touko created a doll that looks like Shiki , but it's also meant to be a symbolism.
Kokuto saw the doll in an exposition sometimes after the events of Movie 4 , and "fell in love with it". That's why he asked to work with Touko.
But it's hard to not see a symbolism to how Kokuto see Shiki , and how Shiki really is. (Especially after watching Movie 4 , you should see that Shiki feels like a lifeless doll.)
Wow thanks for all the answers, I appreciate it a lot!

When it cuts , you can very clearly hear the sound of a car moving forward.
Implied accident , but you'll have the definitive answer in Movie 7.
Oh damn i actually feel dumb, i rewatched the ending and heard the car at the black screen which i can see them implying she got hit considering both of them were on the road. I definietly must of missed it the first time round.

Yes.
That's why she's lonely and depressed.
Ahhh ok thank you, sorry my brain was trying to take in everything that had happened at once while trying to add pieces together and i ended up overthinking to much about her different personalities.

It's a coincidence that Touko created a doll that looks like Shiki , but it's also meant to be a symbolism.
Kokuto saw the doll in an exposition sometimes after the events of Movie 4 , and "fell in love with it". That's why he asked to work with Touko.
But it's hard to not see a symbolism to how Kokuto see Shiki , and how Shiki really is. (Especially after watching Movie 4 , you should see that Shiki feels like a lifeless doll.)
Thanks for explaining, yeah i was really curious whether that doll would play an important role in the story considering how much it resembled Shiki how the camera would occasionally focus on it at times. 
Yeah i was seeing the symbolism with how much Kokuto seemed to like the doll and how much the doll resembled Shiki herself, and definitely after watching this chapter understand Kokuto has feelings for Shiki especially with how he visited Shiki in hospital for 2 years.

Thanks again for answering some of my question, you've helped clear things up a bit more for me so i appreciate it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» The Movies Thus Far

FauxAzn - Jan 11, 2012

6 by sonu711 »»
May 28, 2022 6:36 AM

» DVD release?

5hreddy - Sep 11, 2008

13 by TwentyScoops_UK »»
Dec 21, 2008 2:51 PM

» Garan no Dou or Hora?

dtshyk - Aug 22, 2008

3 by dtshyk »»
Aug 23, 2008 3:32 AM

» Order of the films shown?

corroded - Jul 24, 2008

7 by Nath »»
Jul 29, 2008 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.