Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 31, 2013 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
I'm cried thinking there won't be another GJ-Bu next week. This show really gave me relaxing feeling which most another SOL cannot. I'm going to miss this anime a lot.

9/10

This score might be pretty ridiculous, but this is just exception because this show is my favourite club related SOL.
Mar 31, 2013 11:37 AM
Jan 2010
can someone create a gif of that kirara backflip pretty please?
Apr 1, 2013 1:06 AM

Dec 2011
this was a good example of a show that knew exactly what it could and could NOT achieve, and stuck to what it did best.
Apr 1, 2013 8:48 AM

Jan 2011
I'll be missing this show even though it was nothing that special, it was well done and very relaxing and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind a second season because it isn't bad by any means but I'm not expecting one.
5/10.

ghostbuster_007 said:
this was a good example of a show that knew exactly what it could and could NOT achieve, and stuck to what it did best.

That's so true.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 1, 2013 11:27 AM
May 2012
This, aside from Tamako Market, had a relaxing atmosphere, every scene in every episode was really interesting. Though no plot, but it gave me something to smile about until the end. I'm going to miss this.

8/10.
Apr 1, 2013 11:43 PM

Mar 2013
This show wasn't anything too special, and I didn't really care for it too much at first, but the characters really grow on you. I wish we could have seen a little more out of Kirara, but I guess it's fitting that she didn't really talk much, huh?
Apr 3, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
For a SoL, this is one of the worst I've seen. This is totally inferior to other SoL seitokai no ichizon/yakuindomo, Nichijou, azumanga daioh, Yuru Yuri etc..
Laughter is what I look for when it comes to plotless SoL but I just can't find the comedy funny in this series.

A very disappointing 6/10
Apr 3, 2013 5:39 PM
Apr 2013
I am really going to miss this anime, best of the season I think. 8/10.

Anyone else notice Kyoro is reading Hayate no Gotoku! at the beginning before the OP?
Apr 7, 2013 2:15 AM

Apr 2012
Bohohoho... DAT feeling again when the anime that you enjoy watching is over...
Apr 9, 2013 2:13 AM
Nov 2012
Someone requested for Kirara's backflip gif.
The series was great though! :)

Do check out my blog Ethernalfuture for more anime gifs!
Apr 9, 2013 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
Their grad song T-T so many feels

Apr 10, 2013 6:51 PM
Dec 2010
This epi was so lovely, but i'm sad because don't have Mao x Kyoro ;A;
Apr 12, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
No romance .__.

Bye Gj-bu... I'll miss you!..
Apr 13, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Did anyone else find it annoying that Geraldine, who was supposedly from Canada, spoke English in a Japanese accent? -_-
Apr 13, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
woofiewilly said:
Did anyone else find it annoying that Geraldine, who was supposedly from Canada, spoke English in a Japanese accent? -_-

That happens in most animes I saw for characters who are supposed to be native English speakers, maybe they just can't afford the right seiyuu for them.
Apr 13, 2013 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
MoeXtreme said:
For a SoL, this is one of the worst I've seen. This is totally inferior to other SoL seitokai no ichizon/yakuindomo, Nichijou, azumanga daioh, Yuru Yuri etc..
Laughter is what I look for when it comes to plotless SoL but I just can't find the comedy funny in this series.

Well, this type of SoL where something that could be really happen in our daily life without anything get exaggerated, so sometime I'm feel bored but it's an easy-going anime that is not too energetic and slow pacing. Not like nichijou nor Yuru Yuri that like a show of Boke & Tsukkomi.
Apr 14, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
MoeXtreme said:

'Tis a common mistake non-slice of life fans have when it comes to shows like this. The point isn't to make you laugh; otherwise, they'd suck so much ass.

They're meant to simply be relaxing and easy to watch. Kind of like a wind-down before you go to bed or something.

Also, a 6 is a disappointing score for you? I rated this a 5 and that's still pretty good to me.

Apr 14, 2013 2:52 AM

Jan 2012
bagong016 said:
Well, this type of SoL where something that could be really happen in our daily life without anything get exaggerated, so sometime I'm feel bored but it's an easy-going anime that is not too energetic and slow pacing. Not like nichijou nor Yuru Yuri that like a show of Boke & Tsukkomi.

AndyRayy said:
'Tis a common mistake non-slice of life fans have when it comes to shows like this. The point isn't to make you laugh; otherwise, they'd suck so much ass.

They're meant to simply be relaxing and easy to watch. Kind of like a wind-down before you go to bed or something.

Let me rephrase my line,
For a SoL+comedy combo, this is one of..(what i said earlier)

AndyRayy said:
Also, a 6 is a disappointing score for you? I rated this a 5 and that's still pretty good to me.

This depends on how the person wants to grade animes I'm a generous grader, I easily give 10/10 to lots of animes. By looking at your list, you seems to be a harsh grader when you don't even want to give 10/10 to your favorite animes.
Apr 16, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
Just finished watching this, I enjoyed it a lot more than Yuru Yuri, it's sad that this won't get another season it was really entertaining and I don't dislike a single character at all ;_;
Apr 16, 2013 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Takei_Hisa said:
Their grad song T-T so many feels

lol indeed.
Apr 16, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2012
This last episode made me cry... maybe because I'm flashing forward to having to say goodbye to so many of my friends when they graduate college this year.
Good solid series. I have to give it a 7 if only for the overall quality and slow/nonmoving patches in the art.
Apr 20, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
An excellent slice of life!

I enjoyed the humor and the atmosphere was great. Also, hair brushing.
Apr 21, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
Monde11 said:
Just finished watching this, I enjoyed it a lot more than Yuru Yuri, it's sad that this won't get another season it was really entertaining and I don't dislike a single character at all ;_;

I agree so much with that! >.< I thought all the characters were really cool and unique, and it would have been cool to see more of their personalities revealed. T_T
Apr 30, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2011
It was fun while it lasted. The anime art was cute and the characters were all lovable. I love SOL animes!
May 10, 2013 6:24 AM
Apr 2013
Just finished watching this show and was amazed at just how the whole series felt. There was such a relaxing feel throughout coupled with a genuinely enjoyable MC, I loved every episode.

I just wish this show could have gone on for longer, they passed a whole year in the space of a few episode while still somehow making me feel like I was saying goodbye to friends during the graduation ceremony. I would hate to know how I would feel if this show lasted 24.
May 12, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
MoeXtreme said:
AndyRayy said:

Let me rephrase my line,
For a SoL+comedy combo, this is one of..(what i said earlier)

Ah, I see.

I'd argue that this partgicular show isn't trying to be a comedy/slice of life combination. Yes, It does have comedic elements, but I don't feel it's trying to go for that approach as its style.

It would seem that you have not watched Hidamari Sketch, but that show is almost exactly like this one (except more toned down and slice of life-y). It's made me laugh a number of occasions, but I still don't classify it as comedy show.

It just seems wrong to me to group Gj-Bu with something like Nichijou, Lucky Star, or School Rumble which are constantly throwing gag after gag at you.

MoeXtreme said:
AndyRayy said:

This depends on how the person wants to grade animes I'm a generous grader, I easily give 10/10 to lots of animes. By looking at your list, you seems to be a harsh grader when you don't even want to give 10/10 to your favorite animes.

Indeed, ratings do vary widely, I see.

My scores are based on possible rewatch value as well as my overall assessment of it (in the future if I don't remember much of a show, I use those numbers to give me an idea of what shows I would most like to rewatch as well as a quick little reason).

As much as I'd like to give my favorites perfect scores, I still don't consider them perfectly rewatchable or the best thing ever made or anything like that. I just have this connection to something like Chuunibyou (Season II Baby!!!) moreso than to something some may consider objectively better like Swort Art Online or Guilty Crown Steins;Gate.

But to each his own, I'd say. Either way, I fucking love Gj-Bu.

May 14, 2013 4:03 PM
May 2013
Ahh, another SOL series finished. Sad to see it end but I loved all the Shion and Kirara bits. :p

Edit: Oh and definitely the Mori-san spins (so moe ;_;) Shame on me for forgetting them.
ParthenuxMay 14, 2013 9:28 PM
May 23, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
Oh boy, I was pleasantly surprised by this show! Loved the art, the characters, the humor, the OP and EDs... really sad this ended so soon!
Jun 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
this show did really turn out better then I thought even after starting it I had my doubts but it was worth it. sadly I read it was really close to the novel which ended so there probably will be no sequel to it. the ending was pretty good only disappointed that Kyouya or Mao didn't confess even if I was not hoping for them to get together it was obvious so I expected at least the confession but still 8/10.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
Fun anime to watch. It's pretty relaxing watching it too.

Though I'd actually like a little romance involved....like maybe Mao or Megumi get together with Kyouya. That would have been sweet.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Aug 4, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2008
so much for happy ending! but turned out to be disappointing end..... 7/10
Aug 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, I'm a sucker for that ending. Oh well, at least Season 2 is coming up soon.

9/10
Aug 15, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
Any other anime that had this type, I would stop watching halfway through, but for some reason this anime kept calling me back to watch it. I don't know if its the Kawaii art style or the funny moments but I will remember this. I would of loved it if they added a tiny bit of romance between Megumi and Kyoro, even if it would be at the very last episodes final minutes. But hey, material for season 2 right here. =)

Also Kyoro is by far one of my most favorite MC`s. =)

Episode 5/5
Anime 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
ValiantHero said:
Damn, I'm a sucker for that ending. Oh well, at least Season 2 is coming up soon.

9/10

What? where? How? Info? Huh? O_O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2013 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh that was a nice cute series which I did enjoy at the moments.

I decided to watch this series after seeing a Megumi meme labeled I will kill you so hard you will die to death. but her voice was not what I expected thats for sure.

Also that OP got me everything lol.

7/10 from me.
Nov 25, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
Heartwarming and calm funny series, I had good times watching it. The ending left me asking for more but wasn't bad, overall. I like those characters, I really do. Hopefully, this spring we get second season.
(though it's shame Kirara, Shion and Mao left - Shion was the best girl)

7/10
Dec 6, 2013 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
Aw that graduation song, made me sad :(
Such a shame the imouto(s) couldn't there to watch their graduation

I heard there'll be season 2
But I don't know what kind of stories in that, especially after these 3 girls' graduation
"Signature removed"
Dec 13, 2013 12:10 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was kinda sad, why do they have to graduate?! T_T Still a nice ending though...Also, Shion ftw!
Dec 27, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
Very nice ending to a solid anime. Shion was the best girl. Too bad the romance was just a cock tease through the whole ride.

8/10
Looking forward to the OVA.
Dec 27, 2013 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
Sad to see this show end. All of the characters were very likable. Show was surprisingly funny. It was a good thing I picked this up again after dropping it half way through the first episode last year.
The ending graduation was excellent, I could feel what Kyolo felt. :( Reminded me of the graduation episode in Sakurasou.
Episode is 5/5. Overall was very good! 8/10

Looking forward to the sequel, too bad it was announced to be a special rather than another season. But I'll get to see these awesome characters again.
ninja88880Dec 27, 2013 8:51 PM
Jan 8, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
This show was fun and relaxing to watch. Definitely one of the better slice of life shows.

Overall 7/10
Jan 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Apr 2009
To be honest, this was the first anime of its kind that I've survived all the way through. I was surprised by how much it reeled me in, especially the second half of the series. Loved all the characters in their own way. Glad to see those spins in the last episode. ;)

8/10 from me.
Feb 22, 2014 6:23 AM

Mar 2013
9/10 It was really good i enjoyed this show a lot and i will never forget on what i learned from this so much it taught me many things and it taught me to keep moving forward thanks GJ Bu members arigado gonzaimasu Minna...
Mar 1, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
A short series but I'll miss it every bit :( Going to especially miss Mao and Megumi.

8/10
Mar 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Awe....I'm really sad this is over. This was a surprising gem of a show.

8/10
Apr 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
Not going to lie that ending was so sad.. Love this show. Ended great (: 8/10
May 21, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2012
Elite60 said:
At least Kirara got the brush on the last episode. Will miss this one. I hope they make some nendroids. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

^^ Absolutely! This was such a brilliant show. It was so simple and easy going. This is a real slice of life for me, no school festivals and over the top love interests, just sitting around in a club room hanging out, I love it!
Jun 1, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty great ending I must say, quite loved this whole series as it had a really lovely set of characters and a great pacing! Together with some really nice atmosphere and hilarious moments this sure made it a great anime to marathon this night! So let's see what the special has to offer but as far as this series goes a solid 9/10 for me!
Jul 6, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
I'm so sad to see this show go. It seriously tugged on my heartstrings the whole way through and reminded me heavily of my own experiences in highschool and early on in college. Which made this last episode extra tough for me because it echoed my own graduation from highschool... I'm barely holding back the tears.
9/10 because a little more character development would have been nice.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 8, 2014 1:03 PM
May 2014
Not gonna lie. Mao ruined it for me.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 6, 2013

70 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:28 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 27, 2013

67 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:05 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 23, 2013

71 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 9, 2013

99 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 5:50 AM

» How would you describe this anime?

Kiyomice - Aug 22, 2023

4 by Pokipoky »»
Aug 23, 2023 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.