Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2019 6:41 AM

Sep 2014
I like how literally nobody gives a damn about the space wizard attack
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 2, 2019 12:33 PM

Dec 2015
Anyien said:
27CansOfTuna said:
But what wasnt addressed was how the enemy got on the Yamato?

The enemy never got physically on Yamato.

See sent her own "self" as a astral projection to Yamato to interfere with the crew in their minds rather than physically.

rodac said:
Looks to me like the ghost has found a human host in Misaki. I wonder what her agenda is. She definitely helped Mori to fend off the psychic attack.

No, the "ghost" was killed when Kodai started the engine again. The Astral projection was ripped apart and the body in the Gallian ship died at the same time.

To me it seems that Misaki have something to do with the central computer of Yamato. And it may seem that maybe even Yuki have something to do with it.

I thought the one that die was the astral projection of the Gamillan only
Aug 2, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2015
Watching this in a dark living room at 3 a.m was not a good idea lol
Kinda spooky

I can see why people complained about this particular episode, especially saying it's seems out of place and unnecessary.

But for me personally I love this kind of episode. I know I signed up for a space opera with space battles, with (obviously) sci-fi stuffs and technology, but this kind of thing (with implied paranormal if you may call it) actually added more layer, not only to the narratives and characters, but also world building. Space must not be a boring place right?
Sep 12, 2019 7:38 AM

Mar 2008
JuuzouXIII said:
I thought the one that die was the astral projection of the Gamillan only

Sorry for the very, very late respons...

No, no matter how far the astral projection are from the body it´s still connected to it. so if the astral projection gets captured or lost the body will stay in a comatose state until it returns or the body dies of malnutrion.

If the astra projection is destroyed then the body will die.

Dec 28, 2019 4:03 PM

Aug 2017
Interesting. I certainly appreciate an attempt at something more psychological in space. Facial close-ups reminded me of NGE.
The episode is a lot easier to unpack after skimming through the key scenes again. Misaki seems to be possessed (at least at certain periods of time) by an Iskandarian ghost (like in this episode), and she talked about "her sister" being inside the Wave Motion Core. So there are at least 2 Iskandarian ghosts on Yamato, I guess. And if we count Yuki, who seems to be an Iskandarian too, than we basically have three (judging by her memories, she was an Iscandarian brought to Earth somehow). Despite the fact that the mechanics behind this psychological warfare were not explained, I enjoyed the episode, and I think it fulfilled its purpose (provide important flashbaks, hint at Yuki's past and the Iskandarian presence of the ship even more, and just present an interesting battle)
Apr 30, 2020 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
As entertaining as this was i had mixed feelings on the content, they put it down to some sort of Garmillas tech but it just felt too paranormal for my liking especially given it was happening in the confines of space, i'm surprised they didn't try to give us an explanation of how the tech worked cause that's something they never shied away from in the past and it would definitely have made things a bit more believable for me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 17, 2020 10:13 PM

Oct 2013
Omg this episode was so creepy. Honestly I'm even more confused on what's happening, but I really like the character dynamic that is going on between Kodai and Mori!
Dec 14, 2020 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
All this mindfuckery talk kept the viewers from remembering one revealing detail....

Mori's awesome ass and her luscious protruding toe.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 11, 2022 2:27 PM
Mar 2021
Jesus Christ Mori is so hot wtf
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
Nov 2019
cryptic as hell, gothic lolita girlie was hot tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

176 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 18, 8:53 AM

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

9 by Millodin »»
Feb 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 9 Discussion

27CansOfTuna - Dec 2, 2012

39 by Rekuiemu »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.