Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 30, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
sjack said:
WyattEarp said:
Jojo has extremely lazy writing. To create suspension of disbelief a work of fiction builds up a set of rules for it's universe. Jojo doesnt really set up any rules and the ones it does set up are often broken. Bleach is another example of breaking it's worlds logic. One piece is set in a really wacky over the top world, but the physics within that world stay consistent. Watching Jojo is like watching a kid play with his action figures, whatever they feel like making the characters do they do it. Some people probably find that appealing though. But yeah characters will just yell whatevers happening, objects will just appear to help the plot move forward, extreme coincidences happen all the time, and you get certain scenes that just drag on and on while the characters over describe stuff. Personally Jojo is the least enjoyable anime I've seen, but I'll finish it up because there are some good things about it.

Stands are a pretty consistent set of rules and abilities. Also, the reason why doesn't it bother to be consistent;y logical is because it doesn't want to be consistently logical. It's crazy dumb fun from beginning to end, and I find it infinitely more entertaining than any of the examples you gave.

Well stands are a part of part 3 and on. Haven't got there yet and honestly I kind of have to force myself to get through this one. You're right it's crazy dumb fight after crazy dumb fight, there's no variety and it honestly gets really old fast for me. No substance no character depth, choppy as fuck animation, but the colour schemes are awesome.
Jul 31, 2014 8:26 AM
Dec 2013
WyattEarp said:
sjack said:

Stands are a pretty consistent set of rules and abilities. Also, the reason why doesn't it bother to be consistent;y logical is because it doesn't want to be consistently logical. It's crazy dumb fun from beginning to end, and I find it infinitely more entertaining than any of the examples you gave.

Well stands are a part of part 3 and on. Haven't got there yet and honestly I kind of have to force myself to get through this one. You're right it's crazy dumb fight after crazy dumb fight, there's no variety and it honestly gets really old fast for me. No substance no character depth, choppy as fuck animation, but the colour schemes are awesome.

Are you on Battle Tendency? Because Phantom Blood is widely considered to be the worst one (even though I enjoyed it). As for the choppy animation, yeah I agree, but it was made on a very low budget and it kind of makes it up for me with style. And if you come in with the expectations of substance and depth to this series, then you'll be continuously disappointed-this is guilty pleasure, not EVA.
Jul 31, 2014 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
sjack said:
WyattEarp said:

Are you on Battle Tendency? Because Phantom Blood is widely considered to be the worst one (even though I enjoyed it). As for the choppy animation, yeah I agree, but it was made on a very low budget and it kind of makes it up for me with style. And if you come in with the expectations of substance and depth to this series, then you'll be continuously disappointed-this is guilty pleasure, not EVA.

Yep I look for substance in any show I watch, over the top shows can still do that. TTGL, KLK, one piece, GTO, even gintama are able to pull that off. And yeah I'm on battle tendency ep 16, it's better then Phantom Blood but not by that much. It does have a cool style in terms of colour schemes, but I'm not a fan of the character designs, don't like the style of them, everybody is just ridiculously jacked there's no variety.
Aug 1, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
Artorias said:
Damn am I ever enthralled by this show. The charm, the wittiness of the dialog, the outstandingly written characters and quite decent story

Surely you jest.

*checks the rest of the post*

Yeah you are.
Aug 1, 2014 7:28 AM
Dec 2013
WyattEarp said:
sjack said:

Yep I look for substance in any show I watch, over the top shows can still do that. TTGL, KLK, one piece, GTO, even gintama are able to pull that off. And yeah I'm on battle tendency ep 16, it's better then Phantom Blood but not by that much. It does have a cool style in terms of colour schemes, but I'm not a fan of the character designs, don't like the style of them, everybody is just ridiculously jacked there's no variety.

I find the ridiculously muscular characters to be hilarious due to how to cartoonish they behave, despite having more realistic designs:

Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

209 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 24, 9:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 23, 12:28 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Apr 22, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.