Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2010
which is better escaflowne's sub or dub? or does it even matter?
--Marigolds
Jan 24, 2013 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
Here's the thing, Escaflowne is a fairly high quality show- grandios music, good animation, tense storyline, interesting characters and very good voice acting in Japanese. It's not that the dub is terrible or anything, it's just so resoundingly average, and since this is a show that many people consider to be well above average, it seems bad. Honestly, those people aren't necessarily wrong. I can listen to the dub without cringing or anything, but it is kind of dissapointing.
Jan 24, 2013 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Please post this under the anime being discussed.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 15, 2017 11:13 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah, old topic ...

I am currently watching this, and the files I watch (1080p) have audio 1 : Italian, audio 2 : Japanese.
So sometimes I forgot I "had to" switch the audio to second track, and then started watching it in Italian. It did not annoy me, so I continued those episodes in Italian, and now I am watching all episodes in Italian dub, with English sub. (v4 from subs.com.ru, I am starting to become seriously indebted to those Russian guys/girls - Спаси́бо.)

In my opinion, the Italian dub is good, I mean GOOD.
I do not really speak Italian, but I can understand enough to follow it whenever the subtitles have "drop-outs" for some moments (for unknown reasons it happens :( ) - and generally: it keeps me from looking at the subs all the time - which would be a shame to do with all the gorgeous art in Escaflowne.

I am at episode 10 now, and so far I wonder why its rating is relatively low, with MAL-ratings usually being so much on the high side.

Anyways, maybe some Italians could share what they think of the Italian dub ? Is it good to me only because I am not fluent in Italian ? Or is it really as good as it seems to me ?

Salve, snork.
BannoBunka_snorkMar 15, 2017 11:16 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.