Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sword Art Online or Alfheim Online?
Dec 23, 2012 10:26 AM
Nov 2012
Which one did you prefer? I prefered SAO, to be honest. ALO really wasn't as.. enjoyable. I felt like the main purpose of Leafa being in it was for fanservice. I liked Leafa, but the fanservice was a bit overkill.. Awkward for the female viewers, especially when you live in a small house.. oh well.

What do you think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2009
I like both pretty equally. ALO because I can fly but SAO as it is more to do with weapon fighting and I think I would enjoy it more in SAO. The goal in ALO is better though, the first race to get to King Oberon will become Alfs and can have unlimited flying time. I love it how the Castle Aincrad is now in ALO. In the end I'd go with SAO.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Dec 23, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
well as much as i like the flight idea i still prefer SAO
they couldnt log out so 99% focus on the mmo element and survival which was the point of the story
on the other side ALO could be awesome if it was in another setting/alternative story/world
~_~ !
Dec 23, 2012 3:11 PM

Oct 2008
ALO for a number of reasons.

- You can fly infinitely
- You don't die when you're killed
- More creative in that you can choose your own race which have their own advantages(special mention goes to Cait Sith which have cat ears and a tail)
- ALO is basically copied from SAO, so it would include a Cardinal quest generator which other VRMMOs don't have
- Already includes the Aincrad castle in one of the latest updates
- The map is freakin' huge.
- Sword skills which is added in the latest update, along with the possibility of making your own custom sword skill if you're really skilled, and trading them off
- A population of more than 10,000 players

ALO is just SAO with an enormous expansion pack. The choice is obvious.
Dec 24, 2012 8:42 AM
Nov 2012
Arkane said:

- You can fly infinitely
- More creative in that you can choose your own race which have their own advantages(special mention goes to Cait Sith which have cat ears and a tail)
- ALO is basically copied from SAO, so it would include a Cardinal quest generator which other VRMMOs don't have
- Sword skills which is added in the latest update, along with the possibility of making your own custom sword skill if you're really skilled, and trading them off

Actually, I prefer SAO. Why? Because, although this may sound ridiculous, I think those fairy ears and fairy outfits are just.. awkward. Far too awkward for a girl, much less a man also! Dressing up as a fairy wouldn't look to manly, but you can appear much more manly in SAO because you don't have glittery wings :P
Dec 24, 2012 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
beanwantaburger said:
Which one did you prefer? I prefered SAO, to be honest. ALO really wasn't as.. enjoyable. I felt like the main purpose of Leafa being in it was for fanservice. I liked Leafa, but the fanservice was a bit overkill.. Awkward for the female viewers, especially when you live in a small house.. oh well.

What do you think?

I agree with you. I prefer SAO too.
Dec 24, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
beanwantaburger said:
Arkane said:

- You can fly infinitely

Actually, I prefer SAO. Why? Because, although this may sound ridiculous, I think those fairy ears and fairy outfits are just.. awkward. Far too awkward for a girl, much less a man also! Dressing up as a fairy wouldn't look to manly, but you can appear much more manly in SAO because you don't have glittery wings :P

Lol agree with u too.
Dec 24, 2012 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
Normally i would say ALO because fantasy games are my favorite, followed closely by games like SAO. However i like SAO better, i dont know why, maybe its the whole knights and guilds thing.... something about SAO makes me prefer it to ALO
:3
"Man cannot change his fate, unless he picks a different route, on destiny's many paths"
-Shizaki, Kuro

]
Dec 24, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know, it's pretty much a different world. Everyone around you would have similar appearances, there's nothing awkward about that. If you want a more manly appearance, you should just try GGO where most people act macho with big machine guns and stuff.

And anyways, I wouldn't put it past the developers to add a human ear accessory or something. You don't have to fly either, and you can hide the wings from view.
Dec 25, 2012 4:36 PM
Aug 2012
ALO may have more affects or player abilities. SOA well also has it's advantages.

Well the only difference I can find Is that in ALO you can fly. I really don't know if you can geet married in ALO like you can in SAO. In SAO you can play as if your not even, well how do I put it, you don't have to fight you can just walk around and communicate with others.
(I don't know abouut ALO)

Well I can't really put it into words but to me SAO is far better than ALO.!!!
Dec 25, 2012 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
I feel ALO would be better the way you could fly just would be amazing
Dec 26, 2012 5:17 AM

Sep 2012
I prefered the first arc of the anime and if I had to choose betwen the two games, I'd also choose SAO before ALO
Dec 26, 2012 1:58 PM
Apr 2011
SAO over ALO, at least arc-wise in the light novels. ALO didn't have the whole life and death pressure so it was really unrealistic.

Game-wise though, definitely ALO. Flight is awesome, and ALO has a lot more elements and everything is more fantastical.
Dec 26, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
definitely sao.

in my opinion,alo was long, nothing much action - and it even made me hate kirito kun -> for showing us he is a yandere.
thats for u alo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2012 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
soa. like he said a game were you can die is to easy
..... :'(
Dec 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Sep 2012
SAO. Fairy ears and fairy outfits are just not my thing. Plus, fighting abilities were better in SAO.
Dec 29, 2012 8:46 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
LOL i prefer SAO too, it's more EPIC, but ALO is AWESOME too! Both are ONE HECK of an ADVENTURE!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2012 8:48 AM

May 2012
SAO..more EPIC ~

Mar 2, 2013 2:37 AM

Feb 2013
I prefer SAO. Though being able to fly has its perks, It feels akward for me being a fairy. I being able to focus more on the weapons rather than magic. Anyway,these are just my preferences
Mar 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
In terms of the arc, I'm not sure. In terms of the virtual world itself, I'd say SAO.

Mar 9, 2013 5:54 AM
Jan 2013
The anime I preferred SAO but in a real life game I would choose ALO.
Mar 9, 2013 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
yeah its SAO alright. it was just too epic really i loved it,alfhiem online was also good.

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Mar 9, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
SAO because I didn't have to see the sister crying and sobbing about her brother love. Once ALO started it went to shit..Oh well. That's what the novels are for.
Mar 10, 2013 11:49 AM
Jan 2013
The light novel for ALO was very good I enjoyed it.
Mar 10, 2013 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
Between SAO and ALO, it would have to be SAO. If you threw in GGO, hands down i would pick GGO.
:(
Mar 17, 2013 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
Definitily SOA. ._.
If the whole serie was SOA it would be so much better.. but ALO kinda messed it up.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick"
Mar 17, 2013 8:19 AM
Oct 2012
THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE ANIME GOING WITH ONLY THE SAO ARCH FROM THE BEGINNING :(

But despite that, I loved the anime.
Mar 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
i think the anime would be better if they just stayed in SAO a little longer instead they went to ALO :(
Mar 23, 2013 5:18 AM

Jan 2013
ALO becouse of Suguha
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 10, 2013 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
The idea of being fairy, having wings and spells sounds fun, but not really my thing.. So I'd say SAO too.
Dec 4, 2013 12:55 AM

Oct 2013
although having wings and allowed PK'ing i really didnt like the story of ALO so id say SAO definitely outscores it as an arc
Oct 21, 2014 7:21 PM
Sep 2014
ALO because SAO(Aincrad) is in ALO
Nov 5, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
SAO was alot better.
"What a drag." -Shikamaru Nara
Jan 26, 2015 5:10 PM
Nov 2014
ALO in terms of arc.

As I appear to be in the minority here with ALO, I suppose I should explain. For me, yeah all that sword fighting is great and all, but what I like most about Sword Art is Kirito and Asuna's relationship. Seeing them separated in ALO made me far more engaged with the story than SAO. I mean, did you see how long they spent in SAO? There was no time limit, heck, they didn't even beat all 100 levels.

That said, they're both great arcs.
Feb 15, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
SAO was much better than ALO imo
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.

May 10, 2015 11:36 PM

Oct 2013
the GGO arc is pretty interesting with the exception of his psychological issues he starts having
May 19, 2015 9:15 PM
May 2015
SAO because as a gamer i am all was looking for a really cool rpg mmo i would love to stuck in a game like this even if i die it would be so cool to fight monster and do quests get rewards. i would be one of the people on the front lines trying to beat the game.

ALO not really my thing i guess not sure why the idea behind it seems cool but idk. the only reason i would play it is for the flying not much else.
Jul 28, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2015
ALO's great with all the flying and magic but SAO seems to be more exciting with all the sword skills and to conquer all the 100 floors in Aincrad.

- - - - -

「 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 」
ғ ᴏ ʀ ᴜ ᴍ s ᴇ ᴛ ʙ ʏ ᴋ ᴏ ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ɪ
- - - - -
Aug 26, 2015 11:47 PM
Jan 2015
Underworld ftw
most realistic virtual gaming experience so far
Sep 2, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
I like both Arcs, but I prefer SAO. Watched it also more times repeatedly then Alfheim. But liking, I do both.

Alfheim, there you can fly and the story line is not so bad as probably other guys think. I belive that making a sequel of an Arc (SAO) that was so successfull and so wonderful is not so easy. In Alfheim we see the best of it, and therefore a great praise to Kawahara and A1.

But of course, SAO is my favourite arc of all. The main plot, the different stories, the emotions, the comic moments, the emotional moments, Morning Dew Girl, Red Nosed-Reindeer, the episode 14... Yeah, obvious huh? But not just because of the obvious reasons I like SAO so much more. It has a personal meaning to me. I have to admit that after watching Sword Art Online and after getting involved with the plot, I developped an interest for VR that I never had thought about. I hope truly someday - before I die - to watch and see a VR or a VRMMROPG getting created in our world. It would be my biggest dream. For example I read sometimes news about VR, newly is the thing about the Oculus Rift which is a little step in VR. Maybe upcoming features will come, that, hopefully, will lead to a complete fulldiving VR world like SAO.

How SAO reflected to me as a wonderful world, the idea of Kayaba why he wanted to make Aincrad, to live there with all that beautiful floors and still make adventures, maybe also finding the true love... THIS IS WHAT astonished me. It happened like certainly most of you guys to find myself daydreaming and beeing in SAO (or it also happend when I dreamed at night) and it was wonderful, not just because our world is now followed by war and hate, but because I believe this is the way we all wanna live.

Think of me that I'm maybe crazy or a too much passionate dreamer, but this VR dream and the little hope, i wanna keep it alive. :)

Wish all SAO-Fans around the world and in this club here a pleasant day. :)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Oct 25, 2015 9:38 PM
Oct 2015
While I enjoyed both, I felt that the show was completely and abrubtly changed without warning. All of a sudden, SAO ends, we find out Asuna's still not awake, and then BAM! New theme song, new game, new avatar - I just felt like the progression was very sudden. It, to me, felt like an awkward middle point in the season, or the producer's trying to squish two seasons into one. Both were enjoyable, maybe some favoritism toward SAO.
Mar 2, 2016 11:51 PM
May 2015
cloud2313 said:
beanwantaburger said:

Lol agree with u too.

Me too
Aug 9, 2016 12:34 AM
Aug 2016
SAO easily, ALO screwed up a few things, making Asuna a damsel in distress, the villain is pathetic, I wish the new characters Sakuya and Alicia did more, I love Leafa, but how the fuck does she not realise that Kirito is her brother? That arc was still decent.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

5 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.