Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2012 12:32 AM

Jun 2012
I haven't been around for awhile and figured there would be a topic on this already (unless i didn't find it)

What does every one think of the new thunder cats and Sym-Bionic Titan?

My personal opinion new thunder cats has fantastic art work but I hate the voice acting and physical story of it.
I just don't like sym-bionic titan. I think its an attempt to try and make another voltron type show but In my opinion just an annoying base story, characters , and I hate there like warrior forms.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 4, 2012 7:21 AM
Jul 2012
I don't like both shows period.

Thunder cats dosen't intrest me.

Sym-Bionic Titan Saw it before.But, don't know why they put on there. That is stupid. Looking back at that show, I don't like the show anymore.
Nov 4, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
I actually like both shows. Thundercats art looks great, but the story could be more interesting. Titan's art really doesn't fit in with the other shows, but i think it's stories are far more interesting than Thundercats. Overall i like both shows, but they have their flaws. They are not my favorite shows, but they are also not my least favorite shows.
Nov 4, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
Both shows are growing on me after my initial revulsion. They're not bad. What I mostly don't like about them is that they are on Toonami. To me, Toonami is an anime block and these shows are not. They are taking up space that belongs to anime.
GrinfilledCeltNov 4, 2012 7:26 PM
"I just hope the good lord knows, what this life is all about
'cause I'm in the same position as when I started out.
Now I know there's folk in hospitals who are far worse off than me,
Oh, but that don't mean to much when my spirit don't feel free."
- Mark Twain

Blues lovers go here. Jazz lovers go here. Cowboy Bebop music lovers go here.
Nov 6, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Toonami is not just a anime block, its a action block. Its been that way since 1997 when Toonami started. I think the American shows make Toonami feel more like the old Toonami.
Nov 7, 2012 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
I think the American shows on there make it feel more like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.
- Mark Twain

Nov 10, 2012 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
GrinfilledCelt said:
I think the American shows on there make it feel more like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

Yeah I agree.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 10, 2012 7:49 PM

Dec 2007
I love both. The latest episode of Thundercats was actually my favorite cause it looked a lot like a Studio Ghibli title (and if the last episode wasn't the one with the leaf people, then that's the one that I'm talking about). It was really touching. I tried to watch every episode but it kind of lost me after the end of the 2nd season.

I also love Sym-Bionic Titan. It was a great, episodic series with a wonderful style from a great director that wasn't given half the chance it deserved. The characters really grow on me and I think it actually really belonged Adult Swim in the first place. You'll see in a later episode that it definitely was not meant for children.

The fact that they added these shows do not repulse me at all. I'm actually glad that they brought these shows that, in my opinion (duh), deserved more than they got to a new audience. Besides, Toonami goes for 6 hours every Saturday night. There's enough room for japanese anime and western animation as well.
Nov 12, 2012 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
I agree with both Kokiri-Kid & GrinfilledCelt. kid is defiantly right its always been an action block I don't like ether show but it does make me think more of old toonami in a good way. I believe its been mostly anime but they have shown western stuff. My most memorable one was samurai jack.

But after what celt said both shows defiantly make make me think more of nick now.
I personally don't like ether show. I don't like the art design of sym-biotic titan and hate most shows that focus around "teenage" locations and such. oh hey lets disguise our selves as teenagers awesome -_-. thats just my opinion in general.
I also just cant get into the new thundercats. I liked the original TC, liono was a beast. had like this classic regal bad ass good guy honorableness about him. now hes a lame teen. I just cant get into the new designs. To me they feel more cliched. you have the main character as a teen learning things , the girl , the rival that's a good guy , the big buff guy, and the cute little animal. the twins are the only redesigns I like. I personally think the reboot would have been way better if they continued the story rather than trying to retell it in a different way. I know it doesn't count as a reboot but kinda like what they did with avatar.

Any ways It seems that its split some like some don't but as long as its about even I guess its a good thing they brought the shows in to mix things up. I think its good to try and bring different things for every body rather than trying to please a certain group.

Just personally I will be changing the channel during that hour.
Mar 2, 2013 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. I've seen enough of both shows to make a final judgement. Both shows are Western cartoons for small children with all the flaws that entails. Symbiotic Tie Tins has the saving grace of telling a decent story. Dundercats on the other hand is made of pure stupid. Last week's episode was the stupid straw that broke it for me.

Liono and his gf were trying keep the Sword of Stupid away from Big Evil Bad Guy (BEBG) and his army by making their way through some caves/mines to escape. This is especially difficult because BEBG can track the sword. Twice, the bad guys appear in front of them and they fight their way through. Then Liono gets the brilliant idea to sent the girl ahead with the sword while he goes off in another direction. I barely had time to exclaim, "Oh, come on!" before BEBG had captured the girl and taken possession of the sword. This is hardly the first time such stupidity has manifested. I'm not watching any more. This show has no business being anywhere than daytime CN.
- Mark Twain

Mar 18, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2012
I know this is an old post and you commented a long time ago "Grinfilledcelt" but I just had to say I love what you said in your last post HAHAHA Thank you I fully enjoyed your opinion.
Mar 22, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2012
I'm still just as angry about it having wasted my time. That show, like way too many American cartoons, is an insult to the intelligence of small children.
- Mark Twain

Mar 30, 2014 6:14 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Create Your Own Toonami Lineup!

Kokiri-Kid - Sep 22, 2013

32 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 8, 2:04 PM

» Toonami marathons

jonnjonzz - Oct 12, 2017

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Oct 12, 2017 7:27 PM

» What anime would you like to see added to the Toonami lineup in the future? ( 1 2 )

Groz - May 28, 2012

93 by GrinfilledCelt »»
Mar 8, 2016 1:45 PM

» How are the ratings?

JetFury - Mar 29, 2015

4 by JetFury »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:52 AM

» Weekly Toonami Episode Guide (2015)

Kokiri-Kid - Jan 1, 2015

9 by Kokiri-Kid »»
Feb 28, 2015 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.