Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2011 7:44 AM

May 2011
Well some time you need to read sad ening because always happy ending is not fun at all.Sad ending make you remember it more than happy ending but i like this ending she still a live but a live in his heart igive it a 9
Jul 18, 2011 4:48 PM

Feb 2011
sad ending indeed.

but i did like the concept.
Aug 10, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
good story...sad ending is just the impact although it was obvious
Aug 29, 2011 1:53 PM

May 2011
Such a beautiful story with an unexpected finale. I really thought that the guy was going to give up his own life or that they both would somehow emerge alive as a twist, which might have been better. However, the pieces do fit together in her letter, as she explained how she had just run away from the hospital, probably meaning that she had just received the news, which is also the reason Sanada Yuuki did not go home, and she lied about her family planning a trip with a friend.

Man, there were so many openings for fan-service, but the author made extremely little use of them, partly I guess because of space restrictions, but still, her suggestion of the nude portrait was not bad; I was thinking the same thing. When she touched herself and he could feel it, too, the situation was both sexy and disturbing. How could Nagakawa sleep, though? I would be thinking about ways to drug her on the seventh by any means possible in order to save her. Well, it was unintentional. The deal with "god"/"the voice" was not really well-followed through; it should be that they both deciding or at least be conscious. What, she just prayed at midnight? Plus, I figured she would kiss Shin-ichi on the mouth, that is if they did not have sex. What is up with the half-assed cheek kiss while he was sleeping. Was that all the action he got?

By the way, to the one that complained about this, she did not have to look that sick just because she was going to die half a year later; she was obviously in early stage. Nagakawa got to observe Sanada only for a week, excluding bath and sleep times, whereas the reader could see much less than that, not to mention it was never made clear as to what type of illness she had. Besides, it was a change from the "cough-cough-I-feel-bad" kind of situation that usually takes place in other stories.

I do not think the last two pages were translated well, though. Nagakawa Shin-ichi was the one talking in the frames, right? Whom was he talking about when he said, "'they' both can aim for the same dream," then, "and 'we' can advance one step at a time for our dream"? Also, who said and what did he mean by "please bring our emotions together!! Yet another questionnaire" at the very end? I assume that "prize is Nagakawa Shin-ichi" means he won an award for his painting of Yuuki? These Red Hawk Scanlations are really crappy; I hope they did not get to screw up The World God Only Knows, too.
SeijurouAug 29, 2011 2:02 PM
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Sep 18, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Nayah said:
As i read all of your replies, i felt like i was in the wrong thread.

TBH, i saw that ending coming halfway through the chapter. Kinda meh for me but that's probably just me.

This.
Jan 29, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2012
   While there are certainly some creative ideas and moments here, overall this one-shot feels pretty weak. I think its biggest problem is it's just too small for the intended scope of the story. A lot of rather important things are left in the background and there is no natural progression to the protagonists' relationships. It's one of those stories where characters end up together because the plot wants them to.
    There is one merit in reading this one, is that you can see how a decade later the same story will be expanded with an entire series. But aside from that, there is just not much to talk about and this one-shot is safe to be skipped entirely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Letter Chapter 1 Discussion

Zinvy - May 19, 2010

5 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Poll: » Azusa Chapter 1 Discussion

CrimsonSilver4 - Jul 30, 2014

3 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Poll: » Love Letter Chapter 2 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jun 2, 2011

5 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.