Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
Wow that poor girl got her voice taken away, at least it was just that, just because this bitch Ayaka didn't get the part. I think the worst part about this series is that you'll never get a happy ending since the people who pull the string are also gonna end up in hell once they die :(

Best part of the episode xD
Sep 30, 2016 1:01 PM

Jun 2015
nice build up this episode

Ai's voice when she says do you want try dying this once? is the scariest thing in this show
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 3, 2016 8:47 PM

Mar 2010
gallivant said:

What did they make the actress girl drink?...i can't think of anything that would make you lose your voice but not kill/hospitalise you.

- Still want to know the Answer to this.
Dec 28, 2016 9:48 PM

Sep 2013
I wouldn't really say this had a plot twist. Something slightly different happened, but overall the formula stayed the same. I would love to see a completely different storyline. Maybe we can see what has become of someone from an earlier episode who is struggling to atone for their sins in hopes of getting out of Hell. Or have a few people pitted against each other, trying to be the one person worthy of sending the others to Hell....something different.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 28, 2017 6:57 AM
Aug 2014
Interesting episode. It seems like they can see into the heart and soul of the people they're going to send to hell to see if they truly do regret what they've done. Sometimes they don't even ask if they regret it, but since they can see into their souls, they don't really need to, they'll just know.
May 25, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2015
Poor girl. She didn't deserve that.

Fake actress get rekt. Karma is bitch
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 2017 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
The episode's title is really on point. Cracked mask. Its the protagonist who had too many masks on. What a bitch honestly. That woman really cared for her, she was strict (like Nanoha) so she could improve instead of being nice to her and spoiling her. But in the end all she wanted is her mother's glory to become hers? How lower can you get. Even ruining a proper actress life just because she was jealous of her...
Also what really struck me is how those 2 guys are so idiotic and evil? Even if its for money how can you just do that to a person you dont know?
Like in last episode there are more people who deserves immediate hell but only one person gets it in the end.

Anyway this is the best episode along with 2 others. Simply because of that unexpected twist. I really was hoping for Ai to step up but i knew she doesnt meddle in humans affairs unless summoned. Really glad that girl was punished in the end. Karma karma karma karma. Really satisfied in the episode. Also not to mention that the way the episode was fucked up was too insane. A REALLY PROMISING actress who has talent and passion (passion is very important) got her life ruined by one bitch(as an actor i have to say that is really painful and i can feel her) and not only that, not only that. She now has to suffer eternally in the hell because of her. that's way too fucked up.

My only complaint perhaps is why didnt the girl who lost her voice didnt try to contact police? she can write right? you can ask police to protect you and give your assaulter name? Instead she chose to live eternally in hell. Kinda doesnt make sense.
Jul 15, 2017 6:59 PM

Dec 2014
The hat, the scarf, the braids. My Little Hell Girl Can't Be This Cute.
Jul 23, 2017 8:10 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Annisa said:
Nice twist. But I really wanted to see what they would have done if that Ayaka girl did pull the string first.

same here. But just cause i am curious if thwy qould help such a rotten girl

Oct 30, 2017 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
kawaiiyuris said:
folshi said:
Wow, it was refreshing to finally see something different. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Ayaka though; she was actually a believable character. Probably the most realistic I've seen on the show so far. Not everyone is a sinless victim. I was a little sad to see her ferried to hell.

I kind of agree with this.
I felt sorry for Ayaka even though she shouldn't have done that to that other girl...

But what happens If someone actually regrets what they've done...?Oo

that's what i want to know maybe contract gets cancelled if that happens

well Ayaka herself was a bitch so can't feel bad for her, i feel bad for the girl who's voice she took
Dec 4, 2017 9:58 AM

Oct 2015
Is it just me or is the final scene also an act from Ayaka? hence Ai's praise and Ayaka's smile.

Good episode, but it's just weird that everyone knows about Hell Girl to the point that two acquainted girls would call her out at the same time. Why isn't she all over the news yet?
Jan 2, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
Okay you keep doing swerves like this and I'm fully on board.
Aug 29, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2018
What's with that ending? I guess she's happy someone finally praised her acting(even if it's still pretty crap lol)
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 30, 2020 12:02 PM

Mar 2019
Nice, I had a feeling something is going to be different. Poor girl tho, she lost her chance to heaven for something that wasn't her fault.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 18, 2021 7:18 PM
Apr 2021
This anime is great but the plot holes are too much, why didn't the girl who lost her voice just tell the police or Kurenai, she didn't need to untie anything like Wtf
Aug 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Apr 2020
Love the change up, it made this episode so entertaining and refreshing.
Aug 11, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
The writing is still very shoddy and sloppy, but I did like the false protagonist twist that felt naturally executed rather than just forced upon suddenly.
Nov 11, 2022 10:44 AM
Dec 2017
didn't really expected that twist to happen lol

Nov 28, 2022 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
At first I thought this was going to start as a forgetful episode, but it turned into a rather interesting angle. Also, this may be the first time I feel to say, "I feel they deserved to go to Hell". I mean, even with the office lady from a previous episode, it felt like she was drunk on power after first getting cheated on, or someone had an ill world view, but the girl in this episode just kept on being a fake bitch and kept on wanting harm and spouting hate toward her adopted mom, even after her adopted mom tried to be fair and reason with her, and the girl also did more messed up stuff to a random stranger who just seemed innocent. Like wtf. Also, I like how Hell Girl entered into the scene, in the ending point of the episode. It feels like Hell Girl and her posse are just taking even more of a piss at this point and having fun, and I kinda love it
EZSultenNov 28, 2022 6:43 PM
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Mar 9, 2023 12:45 PM

Sep 2017
I dropped this anime 4 years ago but I decided to watch it again. Both for the same reason, it was so psychologically real that it creeped and angered me
خ
Mar 9, 2023 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
I dropped this anime 4 years ago but I decided to watch it again. Both for the same reason, it was so psychologically real that it creeped and angered me
خ
May 2, 2023 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect an episode heavily referencing Glass Mask all of a sudden. Going into it I was instantly biased against the mother because I thought it was going to be similar to Glass Mask except they actually take the child abuse, i.e. 'acting training' seriously. Then it completely subverted my expectations by making the person I was biased to like going in evil. Fun episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.