Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2011 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One of the least-known anime on MAL for the moment. I think I was the fifth person to complete it.

It wasn't too bad. I mean, there was nothing especially bad about the movie. The animation was fine. The opening song was fine. The characters were fine. Probably why I graded it "(6) Fine."

Really hard to find information on this movie. I saw a passing reference to it on a blog, but other than that, info in English is nonexistent. I don't even know the name of the group who subtitled the release I watched.

Mod Edit: Merged two threads.
LunaAug 16, 2012 10:12 PM
Aug 16, 2012 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm it feels and looks like James Cameron's 1989 film 'The Abyss' so I wouldn't be surprised if this was inspired by that one. The solitons here and The Abyss's NTIs (non-terrestrial intelligence) or the aliens might as well be the same.

Anyway it was an OK movie that I enjoyed and I didn't have much to complain and whine about. LOL
LunaAug 16, 2012 10:12 PM
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 4, 2013 10:22 AM

Mar 2009
If he dies i will go mad!! aaiiishh

Agree it reminds me The Abyss in some moment, I think it was a pretty good movie, what I didn't like was the massive massacre, too many for a single movie huh?
Oct 26, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2010
The science-fiction was a bit goofy (especially at the end!), but I appreciated the attempt at a very alien form of life. The whole sea-city thing was surprisingly pointless except for providing scenes of mayhem early in the film and giving the lead's ex-wife and daughter a more plausible reason to show up than if he simply worked on a normal oil-rig.

Regardless, the pacing was good and it very good at creating a sense of danger over and over again without it getting tiring.
Jul 26, 2017 11:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a nice animation film, with elements of action under the sea, submarines, and scifi in a futuristic earth!!!
The bad of the film was the plot, very previsible and simple, although the end was cool with this turn, creative but very fanciful in compare with the rest of elements of the film that was very realistic and scientific.

6/10 to me!!!
Jan 23, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
Okay I liked this waaaaay more than I expected. 90 minuted flew by for me.

This basically felt like a Kaiju Summer Blockbuster. The whole way this thing is action packed and at times admittedly completely ridiculous. I mean the Sci-Fi was totally banana's but I enjoyed it anyway.

Add to that some really nice animation and yeah I had a great time. It's schlock, it's crazy but I loved it all the same.
BlaizeVJan 24, 2019 1:45 PM
Aug 3, 2020 9:32 AM
Jun 2013
The destruction of the floating city was intense. Then the rest of the movie is kind of a letdown.
Apr 26, 2023 3:29 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I somehow enjoyed this movie. But watching the destruction of the floating city, Ocean Techno Polis, was too heart-wrenching and gave me the chills. That's like trillions of dollars of man-made floating city that sunk into the ocean. Was surprised at what happened with our main protagonist. Never imagined he would be fighting the rogue soliton like this, wow. I'm glad he didn't die, but I wanted to see him reunite again with his family.

Intense animation and soundtrack. Very obscure movie that I only discovered here on MAL. But man, for a 90-minute movie, this was enjoyable. It was truly action-packed too! Cool! 7/10
Jul 21, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 2010
Surprised at the low rating, this was a pretty OK movie, especially compared to some other 80s/90s OVAs/movies I've seen
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.