Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most despised anime on MAL's fanbase?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2015 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
PriestSlayer said:
This thread feels like "Gossip Girl" or something.

People patting themselves on the back more like. Can't find a show to use in analogy...

same derailers trying to decide who is the "righteous user" and who is not.

--------------------------

I forgot to mention SNK is really despised too.
End Zionazism
Feb 4, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
I think it kind of changes from season to season, or perhaps year to year. It is usually the most popular series of the season that gets the most hate (although not the highest ratio of love:hate of course, but more viewers = more people to hate it).

Just going off of the most recent threads I have seen, I would have to say Tokyo Ghoul. But I know like nothing about the series so that is just my observation over the last few months.
Feb 4, 2015 3:22 PM

Jun 2011
what I hate about fanboys is that I end up arguing the flaws in a show I really like to begin with
Feb 4, 2015 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
Killaclown said:
what I hate about fanboys is that I end up arguing the flaws in a show I really like to begin with

W
Killaclown said:
hat do you mean?
End Zionazism
Feb 4, 2015 3:24 PM

May 2014
Killaclown said:

LOL the same!!! :")
i used to LOVE F/SN .... and now ...
same for naruto ....
thank god i haven't clashed with anyone about OP or HxH
i still like those!!!
Feb 4, 2015 3:25 PM

Jan 2015
Arguing with a fanboy is fruitless. Reminds me of the days when I used to argue with guys on gamefaqs on PS2 vs Xbox. The amount of name calling, trolling and pure idiocy in the debate was absolutely the most infuriating thing I was ever part of. Grown men acting like children.

Best to ignore fanboys or just agree to disagree. No point in debating for 10+ pages about something that neither of you will budge an inch on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 3:26 PM
Feb 2014
Cakedog said:
f/s n gets hate because for the most part its fans are an eyesore; plus the series as a whole is pretty average.
It's almost like the MLP of anime.

I laughed in real life at this. Good work.
tsudecimo said:
SAO definitely.

It came to the point where I much rather see someone bash one of my favorite anime, than see yet another idiot bash SAO with the same wording and ''criticism'' of the other sheeps before him.

It was particularly bad in 2013 after the show ended, people couldn't shut the fuck up about it.

Don't you think SAO is too obvious of an answer? Think outside the box, cowboy.
TachiiFeb 4, 2015 5:31 PM
Feb 4, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2014
Mikasa said:
Killaclown said:

W
Killaclown said:
hat do you mean?

well when someone likes a show but finds a certain BLATANT flaw in it and he HIGHLIGHTS it, he is being reasonable.
But when a fanboy starts having fanboy rage about it, he becomes unreasonable!!!
which might lead to HATING the show as a result, even though it might be GOOD
Feb 4, 2015 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
@WAD never seen killa do that before on his favorites though.

I get that though, for me Berserk also has some flaws I feel the need to bring up sometimes. Esp. in the ToC.
TachiiFeb 4, 2015 5:30 PM
End Zionazism
Feb 4, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2014
TheRealNico said:
Cakedog said:
f/s n gets hate because for the most part its fans are an eyesore; plus the series as a whole is pretty average.
It's almost like the MLP of anime.

I laughed in real life at this. Good work.
tsudecimo said:
SAO definitely.

It came to the point where I much rather see someone bash one of my favorite anime, than see yet another idiot bash SAO with the same wording and ''criticism'' of the other sheeps before him.

It was particularly bad in 2013 after the show ended, people couldn't shut the fuck up about it.

SuperRed said:

At least Tsud doesn't give me the impression of someone who is way out of touch with reality.

At least he knows his shit about Naruto. Maybe he's irrational towards Piece, but you can always just ignore him. It's certainly better than someone who pretends to know about Naruto and bash it mindlessly for hours on end. Now that's the person you wanna dislike.

Allot of people KNOW their shit about their fav. anime!!
But shit is sometimes JUST shit and we need to admit that it is!!
Feb 4, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2011
Mikasa said:
Killaclown said:
what do you mean?
when fanboys refuse to see flaws and you end up arguing about them.
Feb 4, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Mikasa said:

Hasn't the hate toward SNK died out? If anything, recent shows like AgK and Tokyo Ghoul are. But when its sequel starts though, I guarantee it.
Feb 4, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2014
Impala said:
Mikasa said:

Hasn't the hate toward SNK died out? If anything, recent shows like AgK and Tokyo Ghoul are. But when its sequel starts though, I guarantee it.

i doubt that TG is hated as mush as AgK though
people who hated TG are mostly .......... surprise .............. fans of the source -_-
Feb 4, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2011
Impala said:
Mikasa said:

I shall fight off the SNK hate *superman pose*
though I usually don't follow subforums <.<
Feb 4, 2015 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
Impala said:
Mikasa said:

It's still despised for no reason at all.
Killaclown said:
Mikasa said:
what do you mean?

Yea I got that, but never seen you criticize Berserk before lol.

But yeah I do hate it when people turn a blind eye to flaws.
End Zionazism
Feb 4, 2015 3:36 PM

Mar 2014
TheRealNico said:
tsudecimo said:
SAO definitely.

"Here's a question for everyone, but don't answer, just name random shows so people can shitpost about it!"
Is probably not what the MOD who made this thread wanted, this thread should even closed because the answer has been answered.
Feb 4, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
this thread should even closed because the answer has been answered.
There isn't one specific answer to this question
Feb 4, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2011
Mikasa said:
Impala said:

It's still despised for no reason at all.

It's popular, enough reason for some.
Feb 4, 2015 3:38 PM

Mar 2014
Cupquake said:
Paulo27 said:
this thread should even closed because the answer has been answered.
The question that OP made implies that there's only one answer.
Feb 4, 2015 3:38 PM
Mar 2013
it used to be clannad but ever since I started calling people out on it and proving that it's objectively a masterpiece nobody says bad things about it
Feb 4, 2015 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
Sao has basically become the twilight version for anime

Well there's already this, apparently.
Feb 4, 2015 3:40 PM

Jun 2011
Mikasa said:
Killaclown said:

well I wasn't saying favs. just ones I liked in general, my favs are pretty well liked with the exception of air gear (which is just mostly forgotten/unknown) so it doesn't really come up a lot, basically like being a FMA:B fan
Feb 4, 2015 3:40 PM
Feb 2014
JD2411 said:
it used to be clannad but ever since I started calling people out on it and proving that it's objectively a masterpiece nobody says bad things about it

Yet you organized your very own Toradora hate club to the point that no one takes you seriously and thus it makes Clannad hatred all the more justified when dealing with lifeless trolls such as yourself.
Feb 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
Cupquake said:
The question that OP made implies that there's only one answer.
yes, but none of us have the ability to conduct a census. Therefore it's subjective
Feb 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
Killaclown said:
Mikasa said:

well I wasn't saying favs. just ones I liked in general, my favs are pretty well liked with the exception of air gear (which is just mostly forgotten/unknown) so it doesn't really come up a lot, basically like being a FMA:B fan

Yea I think FMAB is my biggest issue in that regard, that and Trust and Betrayal
End Zionazism
Feb 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
WAD1992 said:
Impala said:

people who hated TG are mostly .......... surprise .............. fans of the source -_-

Sadly, there are no reviewers gives Tokyo Ghoul more than a 7. Not like reviews are important, but where are the fanboys? lel
Feb 4, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
TheRealNico said:

Paulo27 said:

"Here's a question for everyone, but don't answer, just name random shows so people can shitpost about it!"
Is probably not what the MOD who made this thread wanted, this thread should even closed because the answer has been answered.

To be fair, this was written 2 years ago. Jokes on the guy who necroed this.
I don't think you understand, SAO hate knowns no bounds, people in the past now hate it too.

May 2014
Impala said:
WAD1992 said:

Sadly, there are no reviewers gives Tokyo Ghoul more than a 7. Not like reviews are important, but where are the fanboys? lel

i LOVE TG , but i would never rate it more then a solid 7
and to be fair i wouldn't rate MOST anime more then an 8
like seriously , is there any anime that hasn't flanked in a way??!!
all these people rating anime 9 and 10 are seriously just throwing numbers around!!!

Apr 2014
Impala said:
Mikasa said:

I agree. Most of the TG mangareaders in MAL are as bad as AgK's
Z4KFeb 4, 2015 3:52 PM
Feb 4, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2011
Gave TG an 8, Come at me bro's :p
Feb 4, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2014
Killaclown said:
Gave TG an 8, Come at me bro's :p

GOOD it deserves an 8!!!
Feb 4, 2015 3:57 PM
Feb 2014
LOGH fanboys and TG fanboys...

Pretty sure they're like long lost second cousins if you know what I mean.
Feb 4, 2015 3:59 PM

May 2014
TheRealNico said:

yes, dissing an ENTIRE fan-base, it kinda makes sens now ...
do like naruto by any chance??
Feb 4, 2015 4:01 PM
Feb 2014
WAD1992 said:
TheRealNico said:

Hey, everyone's a hypocrite sometimes.

Naruto is a fine show, is there something wrong with that?
Feb 4, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2014
TheRealNico said:
WAD1992 said:

Hey, everyone's a hypocrite sometimes.

Naruto is a fine show, is there something wrong with that?

nop, just sayin that ALLOT of things makes sens now :")
also naruto is DECENT, yes, nothing more ....
Feb 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2011
JD2411 said:

But Clannad fell from #3 to #6 in MAL
Feb 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
TheRealNico said:

In a good way? Well, LOGH fanboys are aight if they don't go "HUR DUR BEST ANIMU EVER" and push you to watch it >_>

Praland said:
JD2411 said:

But Clannad fell from #3 to #6 in MAL

celebrate
Feb 4, 2015 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
I'm just being idiosyncractic, Mayukachan.

My point is that they share one thing in common, they're just everywhere; that they might be of the same family for the sole sake of being everywhere.

Think of it like ancient tribes.
Feb 4, 2015 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
TheRealNico said:
My point is that they share one thing in common, they're just everywhere; that they might be of the same family for the sole sake of being everywhere.

well on MAL, yeah. everywhere else, no
Feb 4, 2015 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
TheRealNico said:

r/anime has a good share of LOGH fans. And those ones are even worse than here.

Don't know about TG but I do know Reddit's obsessed with Monogatari.
Feb 4, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
TheRealNico said:
mayukachan said:

r/anime has a good share of LOGH fans. And those ones are even worse than here.

god, they're everywhere!!!

that means, i have to watch it ;;
Feb 4, 2015 4:09 PM
Jan 2014
It seems to change every season.

Overall, I'd say School Days and generic shounen. Lately I've been seeing a lot of hate for Clannad though.
Feb 4, 2015 5:36 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Most despised? i choose Pupa

Hell yeah, all of my favorite anime (SAO, Akame ga Kill, and Clannad) seem to be hated. I feel special now LOL

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 4, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
I love School Days but the way everyone just tends to buy opinions off YouTube and pass them as theirs for the sake of easier discussions makes it easily one of the most hated shows. Not just because people think it's one of the worst but because it's popular as well for that matter.

People watched videos that explained the plot in the most simple manner possible and thought to themselves 'Oh NOW I HAVE WATCHED THIS' and missed on some incredible dialogue, deconstruction, parody and then moved on to the hate bandwagon. Nothing new here, pretty much the same happened with pseudoelitists appearing exactly after the ending of SAO and SnK.

People want to pretend to be critical, it's just what it is. (I'm not saying the critisizm is not justified, at least in most cases.)
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Feb 4, 2015 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
I don't think I've ever gotten as tired of bashing something as I have with SAO and I still dislike that series strongly
Feb 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
From my experience on MAL, it would probably have to be SAO. I rarely see anyone defend it anymore as it seems any fans of the shows are hiding under a rock and every time I see a thread on it that isn't in the sub forums or in a club, it's usually something negative or turns negative.

Even Mars of Destruction and Boku no Pico gets move public love than SAO here.
Feb 4, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:

Because nobody's serious about those shows? I don't see anyone legitimately praising them.
Feb 4, 2015 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
mayukachan said:
Paul said:

Because nobody's serious about those shows? I don't see anyone legitimately praising them.

If only everybody wasn't so serious about SAO.
Feb 4, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2012
Usually drones hate school days too much. That shit is not as bad as infinite stratos nor elfen lied or mirai nikki yet OH IT IS THE WORST ANIME EVER. I challenge any of u bastards to prove to me that school days is an objectively poorly written show.
Feb 4, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Usually drones hate school days too much. That shit is not as bad as infinite stratos nor elfen lied or mirai nikki yet OH IT IS THE WORST ANIME EVER. I challenge any of u bastards to prove to me that school days is an objectively poorly written show.
It didn't have the balls to animate the rape scene
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Ai Spambots

billybub - 59 minutes ago

15 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

10 by Hikinekomori »»
6 minutes ago

» Which anime brings back memories of nostalgia for you?

Gashadokur0 - 2 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
20 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

16 by Ohayotaku »»
23 minutes ago

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - May 5

24 by Mishiia »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.