Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2012 1:55 PM
Jul 2012
Cross Game is my favorite anime, so I'm considering watching Touch, but I've heard that they are very similar.

Should I give Touch a chance, despite those similarities, or will the viewing be too repetitive?
Adrenaline rush when holding door open for female CREW
Heart beats fast when girl looks at me CREW
Deactivates Facebook before birthday to avoid painful reality CREW
Looks down while walking into class CREW
Rather starve than go to cafeteria CREW
Nervous that people might know I have a small penis CREW
Ugly in mirror CREW
Little sister makes me nervous CREW
Fake Smile When People Make Fun Of Me So Much It Hurts CREW
Pronounces Words Wrong Because Rarely Talks CREW
Jul 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Mar 2011
Oh no. Watch Touch. It's a great adaption of the manga.

Cross Game takes both the formulas of Touch and H2 and gives them a more modern polish. But if you want to see the charm of the 80s and the one of the greatest coming-of-age stories in anime then proceed with Touch.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jul 8, 2012 2:49 PM

May 2008
Ahhh... how did Touch fall under my radar? Can't wait to try it! I just don't have the time for such a long monster now, but if it's anywhere near as good as Cross Game, I'm going to cry. (of joy. Haven't seen anything above an 8/10 for a long, long time now.)
FauxAznJul 8, 2012 3:00 PM
Jul 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
I'm watching Touch at this moment... Yes it's as twice the lenght of Cross Game but you won't get bored at all, that's a great show.
Jul 8, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2008
Corleone said:
I'm watching Touch at this moment... Yes it's as twice the lenght of Cross Game but you won't get bored at all, that's a great show.
Awesome. I was getting a small bad feeling from it since its 101 episodes and oldness reminded me of that annoying waste of time, Slam Dunk.

Also, I like how no one's actually answering the OP's question. OP, though I haven't seen Touch, I definitely wouldn't watch another series of the same kind back to back if I were you, unless you're really in the mood for it. I always try to vary my adjacent watches (by genre, at least). Variety really adds the spice.
Jul 8, 2012 3:33 PM
May 2010
Touch was easily worth watching, and is NOTHING like Slam Dunk, dw about that. The first 25 episodes are some of the best I have watched in anime personally and all the rest of it was still great.

That said it was VERY similar to Cross Game in my opinion. This was not a problem for me, but if you dislike watching similar shows I could see you not wanting to watch both of them and instead wanting to find something else.
Worships Asparagus.
Jul 8, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
FauxAzn said:

Also, I like how no one's actually answering the OP's question. OP, though I haven't seen Touch, I definitely wouldn't watch another series of the same kind back to back if I were you, unless you're really in the mood for it. I always try to vary my adjacent watches (by genre, at least). Variety really adds the spice.

Well in my case I began to watch Touch directly after finishing Cross Game... But mostly because I really like sport anime mixed with drama/romance. I must say it looks alike in some aspects but it's not in a bad way. The author keep a lot of ideas from Touch when he created Cross Game, but it's still different enough to not have a bad feeling about it.
Jan 4, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
Thanks for all the answers, bookmarked it :)
Feb 24, 2015 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
I finished watching Touch three weeks ago, I think they aren't similar that much.

First of all, the personalities of main characters are so different. Since I liked selfless Aoba very much, I thought I wouldn't have a hard time liking Minami(the heroine of Touch) but to put it simply, I hated her to death. I almost have dropped the anime because of her. The romance aspect in Touch isn't my cup of tea.

I don't mind the old art style, the characters and flow of the show are more important for me. As usual the baseball games are fabulous but most of the episodes of Touch felt like fillers which made me a little impatient and mad. Consequently Imo Cross Game is way better than Touch for a lot of reasons. If you liked CG, even if they are from the same author I can not guarantee that you will also like Touch.
Apr 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
In terms of quality,
H2 (manga) > Touch > Cross Game
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 11, 2017 8:43 PM
Mar 2016
H_Elif said:
I finished watching Touch three weeks ago, I think they aren't similar that much.

First of all, the personalities of main characters are so different. Since I liked selfless Aoba very much, I thought I wouldn't have a hard time liking Minami(the heroine of Touch) but to put it simply, I hated her to death. I almost have dropped the anime because of her. The romance aspect in Touch isn't my cup of tea.

I don't mind the old art style, the characters and flow of the show are more important for me. As usual the baseball games are fabulous but most of the episodes of Touch felt like fillers which made me a little impatient and mad. Consequently Imo Cross Game is way better than Touch for a lot of reasons. If you liked CG, even if they are from the same author I can not guarantee that you will also like Touch.

They are the same Author. That explains sooooooooo much. There are references everywhere to touch. And you say they are nothing alike? You're high. The restaurant of the main love interest even serves the same thing. Coffee and Pasta. The Girls room is very similar to the Twins room. A character dies in both shows( albeit Touch's death is far more impactful ) , The scene where Kou is training for baseball and he's running and when someone sees him he starts boxing. There is an alarm clock in Cross Game with Punch's face on it. They have the same ears and the eyes are similar. I legit watched Touch and without knowing Cross Game was related in anyway watched it immediately after. The main protagonist is a pitcher. You are having to deal with my sibling loves this character and the childhood friend deal. Tho not the same there is no way in hell you can say these shows aren't similar. I will say Touch does a few things I don't like but that's probably due to it's age and being a long series. Cross Game hasn't made me upset at all. I've laughed more then anything. I found this topic because I needed to know the connection between these two shows. While watching it became clearer and clearer that the two shows are related. If you don't think so you are just plain wrong.

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.