Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 25, 2008 2:21 PM

Feb 2005
I've been fumbling along with a project of my own for quite some time, and have various timelines, concepts, characters and plotlines ready. But I haven't written more than thirty pages or so -___-'
I guess I'm to much of a perfectionist, I never feel it's good enough, and since it's more or less a work of speculative fiction, I feel an intense need to make it has "hard" as possible, but I still need some ways of FTL travel and maybe some aliens to make the story stitch together. I guess reading stuff at TVtropes only serve to make me even more critical of my little story.

But you said you were inspired by YKK? That certainly piques my interest. You're envisioning something slice of life-ish then?
Sep 26, 2008 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
well, I'm envisioning a few projects here and there that are slice-of-life-ish or at least incorporates elements of it (or this "Mono no Aware" thing Yuunagi keeps talking about). I guess I could go into further detail later.

As for the FTL thing, if you really want to keep it hard there are ways of making it credible, such as some of the ways I thought of.
Mar 18, 2011 1:34 PM
Mar 2011
Starfleet, have you ever done anything with your YKK inspired projects?

I'm working on a YKK inspired webcomic. AJ Hatter is the name of a character of mine, who's inspired by Hatsuseno Alpha, down to eventually having a coffee shop at some point. But, unlike Alpha, AJ will have a visible Owner... In AJ's case, she has parents! Both constructed her together! AJ will eventually have a husband who, long before their marriage, was human, until he's given an android body.
There are also characters inspired by Takahiro, Kokone and Maruko as well as Director Alpha, all of whom I hope will gain fans. And at some point, if I get that far, the Takahiro-inspired character will get an android body of his own.

I'm already sketching layouts for the first story. Word of warning: the characters inspired by Alpha and Director Alpha, and possibly Maruko, will be the only ones to appear for at least a year.
Mar 18, 2011 1:35 PM
Mar 2011
Baman, have you made any progress with your projects?
Dec 2, 2017 7:35 PM
Dec 2015
Did you abandon the idea??
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Will YKK Ever Come Out in America?

Gaiden199 - Aug 8, 2008

28 by Bdiah »»
Mar 24, 2022 2:33 PM

» Help me decide on a YKK-themed wallpaper

StarfleetCpt - Aug 26, 2008

4 by removed-user »»
Feb 12, 2016 11:37 PM

» A Place of One's Own

starshinesMonet - Feb 2, 2012

5 by starshinesMonet »»
Jan 27, 2016 7:31 PM

» YKK group at Facebook

kitsmom - Mar 13, 2011

1 by ajhatter »»
Mar 18, 2011 1:25 PM

» YKK, new edition

bsamuel - Oct 30, 2009

12 by himebokkuri »»
Jul 28, 2010 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.