Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 26, 2014 3:05 AM

Apr 2014
Accel World- The MC, don't know what his name.
Black Bullet - That loli.
Guilty Crown - Ouma Shu.
KuroSHITsuji - The MC brat.
Natsu and Lucy - almost make me drop FT.
Aug 26, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2014
I'm considering dropping Nobunaga the Fool. The characters annoy me.
Aug 26, 2014 3:17 AM

Nov 2012
i dont drop anime. i know from first glance its gonna be shit and decided to not watching
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 26, 2014 4:05 AM

Jul 2014
If I drop an anime at all, it's usually because of a male protagonist being a doormat for the female characters to step on.

That shit is an instant dealbreaker.
Aug 26, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2011
Aoi Hana - Fumi
Glasslip - everyone
Kingdom - Shin/Xin
Mirai Nikki - Yuno
Real Drive - Aoi Minamo
Shouwa Monogatari - everyone... what an annoying family
Tokyo Ghoul - Kaneki

I only rarely drop something because of hating a character... heck! even the mentioned series have some other issues that stick out like a sore thumb.
Aug 26, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2014
Not so much the characters themselves, but the Hansel and Gretel arc made me put The Second Barrage on hiatus for a while.
Aug 26, 2014 5:24 AM

Apr 2014
parfaited said:
Yeah sure:

Akame ga Kill - all the cast
Nisekoi- Shitoge
Machine doll- Yaya
Golden Time- Kouko
Sora no Otoshimono- Tomoki
Accel World - the fat boy
Code Breaker- Sakurakouji
Diamond no Ace- Eijun

Agreed with Nisekoi and Accel World >:D
Aug 26, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2014
The two mains of Kyoukai no Kanata made me drop that one (and several other things).
Apart from that one, all my dropped anime are mainly dropped because of the characters.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 26, 2014 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
Explain to me this foreign and quite outlandish concept of dropping anime, and for a mere character no less.
Aug 26, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
I almost dropped Nisekoi because of Onodera. Onodera's life revolves around only around Raku and she has absolutely no development to her character. At least Marika's obsession with him is for comedic purposes. She also actually has a backbone.
Aug 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
Nodame and Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile. Chiaki's an asshole and Nodame is the most retarded character i've seen in a while.
Aug 26, 2014 6:20 AM

Nov 2012
LunaticFringe said:
Nodame and Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile. Chiaki's an asshole and Nodame is the most retarded character i've seen in a while.

Aug 26, 2014 6:25 AM

Apr 2012
Ryukatsuka said:
Explain to me this foreign and quite outlandish concept of dropping anime, and for a mere character no less.

It's easy, there're tons of anime, so you dont have to force yourself to watch one you don't like. If someone like me who prioritize character development and attitude over almost everything, watch an anime that lack on that department, we just drop it and look for something better suit to our taste.

For me in Nodame Cantabile, Chiaki was a tsundere and Nodame was the typical baka girl, still i did like it because there was in fact some character development. Although the romance did delay way toomuch, and all that misunderstanding in order to keep the sexual tension, just was horrible (typical josei) . Still like i love the classical music, i just had to finish it
Aug 26, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2013
Ever heard about moe?
Aug 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
Ryukatsuka said:

Characters are used within anime to enhance them, add more development with character interactions and such or even used for entertainment... If an anime had an very ANNOYING protagonist that you see every episode with no development and he's just shittng his pants or being a doormat main character it honestly puts you off a series.

How could you watch Bleach if Ichigo was a wimp and he couldn't accept being a soul reaper and kept running away all the time?

Note I'm using protagonists here.. Annoying side characters could be worse.
"Hi!"
Aug 26, 2014 6:34 AM
Dec 2013
LunaticFringe said:
Aug 26, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
Ryukatsuka said:

If an Anime has a weak supporting cast and a terrible MC, then I think the show is drop worthy.
Aug 26, 2014 7:10 AM
Apr 2014
Glasslip - everyone
Rail Wars - dem girls
Mahouka - Tatsuya and Miyuki obv
Aug 26, 2014 8:06 AM

May 2009
Yuya Shiina (Samurai Deeper Kyo) - Worst heroine ever?
Didnt watch the anime but read the manga until I dropped it.
Aug 26, 2014 8:52 AM
Jul 2014
Pretty much just the fat kid from accel world. The only other times would be if the large majority of characters are shit.
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 26, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
simplyloverly said:
I almost dropped Nisekoi because of Onodera. Onodera's life revolves around only around Raku and she has absolutely no development to her character.

For me, it was Chitoge.

aezart said:
Glasslip - everyone
Rail Wars - dem girls
Mahouka - Tatsuya and Miyuki obv

I'm still watching them. So proud of myself hahahaha

ScazoN said:
LunaticFringe said:

Faith in humanity lost.

ninjastarforcex said:
LunaticFringe said:

Lord, she was atrotious. I haven't had the feeling of murdering an anime character in a LONG TIME. She's such a hypocrite too.
Aug 26, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
Every single character in Chuunibyou
Aug 26, 2014 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
jayss said:

Actually this. Nibutani's okay though.
Aug 26, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
jayss said:

Actually this. Nibutani's okay though.

nibutani best girl
i dropped chuunibyo in first second half of first season. i thought it was comedy anime with romance. turns out its romance anime with a tiny bit of comedy. so. bye2, autist rika
Aug 26, 2014 9:59 AM
May 2014
Raki from Claymore...

He didn't cause me to drop the show cause the show was awesome...but his constant crying in every fucking episode was enough to ruin this show for the masses. Seriously, when I first started Claymore I was baffled by how good it was after about 12 episodes despite its "meh" rating on MAL. I would have prob given the show a 9 if it hadn't given up so much screen-time on such a whiny little shit especially towards the end.
Aug 26, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
simplyloverly said:
I almost dropped Nisekoi because of Onodera. Onodera's life revolves around only around Raku and she has absolutely no development to her character. At least Marika's obsession with him is for comedic purposes. She also actually has a backbone.

At least one person in the world hates Onodera. I didn't want to drop the show, not even close, but Onodera probably is in my top hated characters. If you like a guy - go and fucking tell him. There were plenty of opportunities.
Aug 26, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2008
Occult Academy , the 2 main characters.

Just wow...
Aug 26, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
Shuu was the reason why I finished Nisekoi. Other than that I don't see what people see in mediocre and generic tsunderes (I'm looking at you Shitoge)
"Hi!"
Aug 26, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
LunaticFringe said:

What do those two fingers means?
Aug 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
^ in the anime, it meant victory or something

Mikatarukito said:
Shuu was the reason why I finished Nisekoi. Other than that I don't see what people see in mediocre and generic tsunderes (I'm looking at you Shitoge)

Sad thing is Chitoge was the most popular female in Nisekoi amongst the Western fanbase lol
yeah Shuu's great
Aug 26, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2014
Every male MC in a shoujo anime where the main theme is romance. They are all Gary Stu with a stupid history, like "my parents never read me bedtime stories, therefore this is why today I am an emotionless jerk who gets great grades, etc. ... "
Aug 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
Kei from Onegai Teacher. God I hate that little bitch so much. I dropped the show for a long time after finishing like 3/4 of it. And it would take a lot to drop a show about banging your teacher. This was also during a dub phase and his voice was just so whiny in the dub (not sure about the original VA). Months and months later I did just finish it up because of the completionist in me.
dankzelAug 26, 2014 10:35 AM
Aug 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
deanzel said:
Kei from Onegai Teacher. God that I hate that little bitch so much. I dropped the show for a long time after finishing like 3/4 of it. And it would take a lot to drop a show about banging your teacher. This was also during a dub phase and his voice was just so whiny in the dub (not sure about the original VA). Months and months later I did just finish it up because of the completionist in me.

I was soooooooooo angry at that show when they made the teacher into an alien..... so sad...... WHY!!!!!!!!!
Aug 26, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2012
y123y said:
Every male MC in a shoujo anime where the main theme is romance. They are all Gary Stu with a stupid history, like "my parents never read me bedtime stories, therefore this is why today I am an emotionless jerk who gets great grades, etc. ... "

Every?
Soredemo Sekai
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ao Haru Ride (oh wait..)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kimi to Boku
Meganebu!
Lovely Complex
Aug 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
y123y said:

Every?
Soredemo Sekai
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ao Haru Ride (oh wait..)
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kimi to Boku
Meganebu!
Lovely Complex

Alright, maybe not lovely complex :P. TONARI DEFINITELY falls into what I just described, although he is not emotionless.
Aug 26, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Ichika from IS. The dude's too dense.
Aug 26, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
Nagisa from Clannaids. Couldn't stand her voice, her eyes and her stupid personality.
Aug 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
y123y said:
Alright, maybe not lovely complex :P. TONARI DEFINITELY falls into what I just described, although he is not emotionless.

I found him very refreshing for a shoujo male MC. He's not a perfect character (unlike Usui from Kaichou wa Bitch-sama), has a fair share of flaws, has a believable backstory and talks bluntly in a funny way.

We could argue that non-shoujo romance MC's are even worse though..

Oh, check out Josei romance though. Much, much better. Honey and Clover, Nodame, Chihayafuru, Kuragehime...etc.
Aug 26, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
Lucy from Elfen Lied.
the moment he walked out naked and cut some random guy head off. I dropped it.
Aug 26, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
y123y said:

I found him very refreshing for a shoujo male MC. He's not a perfect character (unlike Usui from Kaichou wa Bitch-sama), has a fair share of flaws, has a believable backstory and talks bluntly in a funny way.

We could argue that non-shoujo romance MC's are even worse though..

Oh, check out Josei romance though. Much, much better. Honey and Clover, Nodame, Chihayafuru, Kuragehime...etc.

Usui is a Gary Stu, which is one of the qualities that male MC in shoujo have that I dont like. But the main audience for shoujo anime where the main theme is romance is for the ladies. So im guessing thats why the male MC are always like that (mr. perfect), since Im guessing thats what the ladies wants :P

Ive heard about those Josei romance anime that you mentioned, but Ive never watched them. Ill put them on my list. And what does Josei mean?
Aug 26, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
y123y said:
Ive heard about those Josei romance anime that you mentioned, but Ive never watched them. Ill put them on my list. And what does Josei mean?

Shoujo is for girls. Josei is written aimed for women.

Yeah I hate Usui too lol
Aug 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
y123y said:

Yeah I hate Usui too lol

So Josei is pretty much Shoujo minus the school life tag?
Aug 26, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
y123y said:
mayukachan said:

Yeah I hate Usui too lol

Uhmm let's say it's just more mature, for example about sexuality, cheating, love polygon and in alot of themes that shojo doesnt how to handle properly. If the difference between shonen and seinen it's that justice doesnt always prevails. The difference between shojo and josei should be, a girl in love is not idiot.

Ofc, i'm kidding.
Aug 26, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
y123y said:

I suppose. Most Josei are either taken place in college life or beyond. It still holds comedy but doesn't have as much as the stupid high school antics. (Kaichou wa Maid-sama is a good example of this) From my experience, Josei's more bittersweet compared to Shoujo and not necessarily happy ending.
Aug 26, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Miyuki from Mahouka. Everyone was annoying but I swear this girl was one of the most disturbing characters I've ever endured to watch. Hearing her say all the time ''onii sama'' was just too painful.
Aug 26, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
deanzel said:
Kei from Onegai Teacher. God I hate that little bitch so much. I dropped the show for a long time after finishing like 3/4 of it. And it would take a lot to drop a show about banging your teacher. This was also during a dub phase and his voice was just so whiny in the dub (not sure about the original VA). Months and months later I did just finish it up because of the completionist in me.
Kei being whiny makes sense though considering his illness and the situation his illness has put him in. I watched it in Japanese and his voice was okay.

y123y said:
I was soooooooooo angry at that show when they made the teacher into an alien..... so sad...... WHY!!!!!!!!!
She is actually half human and half alien . Why would that make you angry?
Aug 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
Sword Art Online. Kirito a shit.
Aug 26, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
Miyuki in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Barrage of Oni-samas from her are more than enough for me to drop the show.
Aug 26, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2014
Every single character in Gantz.
Aug 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Dull Characters in AOT
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

26 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

22 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
8 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 32 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
21 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 5 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.