Forum Settings
Forums

a different person loses each round? (contains spoilers)

New
Apr 26, 2012 9:09 AM

Dec 2011
Do you reckon this is done intentionally? It seems like a different member of Kiyosumi will get badly beaten in each round that gets shown in detail.

In the finals of the prefecturals, although Yuuki lost 11100 points, she still ended up in second for her match. Mako, however, lost 19500 points, a significantly lower score than anyone else. The other three all got positive net scores.

In the second round of the nationals, however, Mako beat all her opponents, and it was Hisa, with her nerves, that got slaughtered. Nodoka and Yuuki both ended with more or less the same scores as they started with.

However, assuming Eisui and Kiyosumi get through (which I would be surprised if they don't), Nodoka will end up getting thrashed in the semi finals. Sae Usuzawa will no longer be around to block Hatsumi, and, assuming the team order hasn't been changed, Megan Davin will be her opponent from Rinkai - and she has also been portrayed as a very strong and tough opponent. Whoever the fourth team is will most likely also be no pushover. Against this, and with Nodoka's inherent weakness to Hatsumi's playing style, it looks very likely that Nodoka will lose. Badly. And then put it all down to being a coincidence.

Then of course in the finals Yuuki will be up against Teru. We've already seen that Teru will be able to build up to a nine lanterns against her, which, given Teru's playing style, means that she will take a LOT of points (and that is after all what you would expect given how much she's been built up by... well... everyone). So I'm expecting Yuuki to get annihilated in the finals, although she will probably win the first hand.

Saki is Saki and thus cannot be defeated.

Anyway, do you reckon this is:
- likely to be correct?
- done intentionally?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 26, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:

However, assuming Eisui and Kiyosumi get through (which I would be surprised if they don't), Nodoka will end up getting thrashed in the semi finals. Sae Usuzawa will no longer be around to block Hatsumi, and, assuming the team order hasn't been changed, Megan Davin will be her opponent from Rinkai - and she has also been portrayed as a very strong and tough opponent.
Then of course in the finals Yuuki will be up against Teru. We've already seen that Teru will be able to build up to a nine lanterns against her, which, given Teru's playing style, means that she will take a LOT of points (and that is after all what you would expect given how much she's been built up by... well... everyone). So I'm expecting Yuuki to get annihilated in the finals, although she will probably win the first hand.

Anyway, do you reckon this is:
- likely to be correct?
- done intentionally?

Well... I think it's done intentionally, to make the series more.. interesting, I think.
About Kiyosumi's first match (Yuuki vs Jidai) I think Yuuki has played pretty good and just unlucky and got her timing wrong (with Komaki slept and hit her with sanbaiman (Ouch)) - Maybe she'll learn the dark side of riichi...

But then again, in anime preview ep 25, we also see Komaki with Chuuren Poto, which hasn't been used... yet. =,= Oh, Yuuki, you be a good sacrifice now.
Nodoka, well.. She was briefed by Hisa about Hatsumi's abilities, but we all know she didn't believe in occult stuff, and didn't appear to be much shocked when she was hit with Yakuman (she's dealer) ... lol. Maybe in semi-finals she'll start believing in occult? (she looked surprised in ep 25 preview)

Nodoka: What!? Again!?
Other Vice Captain than Hatsumi: (mocked Nodoka) ... Uselesslesslessless.

Megan doesn't seem to be a super-powered player, but she's able to hold herself against cold Touka (although Satoha mocked her for running away).

Oh, and there's always Teru... Oh God. Assuming you've read achiga-hen, ...

On the other hand, assuming other vanguard is from Rinkai (Satoha) who is rank 3 individual (She's fight Teru last year) / or Komaki from Eisui, and probably

So, it's done intentionally and likely to be correct?

And we don't know much about other Shiraitodai's members and Rinkai's members (abilities) to make assumption Kiyosumi got trashed at the final, lol (There's Nelly and Choe, though). Well, at least I can expect a good fight on Taishou round... :3
Oohoshi_AwaiApr 26, 2012 10:00 AM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Apr 26, 2012 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Then of course in the finals Yuuki will be up against Teru.

You sure? Eps 25 to season 1... had Bucchou lined up first.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 26, 2012 4:40 PM

Oct 2009
KyuuAL said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Then of course in the finals Yuuki will be up against Teru.

You sure? Eps 25 to season 1... had Bucchou lined up first.

She lined up first because she's the club president, like Rinkai's Megan (Fukushou).

And besides that, I think they just lined up in whatever order they want, Taishou not always in last (in case of Eisui)
Oohoshi_AwaiApr 26, 2012 4:47 PM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Birthday, age and height of all(!) Saki characters

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 17, 2015

0 by kuuderes_shadow »»
Sep 17, 2015 11:29 AM

» Saki-A PSP Multiplayer-Lan with Evolve on PPSSPP

SakamotoXV - Jul 28, 2015

4 by SakamotoXV »»
Aug 15, 2015 2:26 AM

» Real Life Saki

KyuuAL - Jul 5, 2012

8 by onesnowyday_ »»
Aug 3, 2015 11:14 AM

Sticky: » [Request] Saki Member Cards~ ( 1 2 3 )

KholdStare88 - Jan 23, 2010

119 by OumasaiYuBoys »»
Nov 7, 2014 4:28 AM

» Fav girl ???

uis - Jun 27, 2009

43 by DreamingBeats »»
Apr 10, 2014 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.