Forum Settings
Forums

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu.

New
Mar 25, 2012 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
According to their official press release, Sentai Filmworks has licensed Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu. (This Boy Can Fight Aliens)

The film will soon be available digitally with a DVD and Blu-ray release set for later this year.

Source: Press release via official site
FloreteMar 25, 2012 8:50 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 25, 2012 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
Wish it were longer...
Mar 25, 2012 8:58 PM

Oct 2011
Looks like fun.
Mar 25, 2012 9:21 PM

Apr 2010
Is there really any profit to licensing a short, obscure OVA like this?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Mar 25, 2012 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
Never heard of it, not too sure if it's remotely worth checking out either.
Mar 25, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2008
what a waste of time and money
Mar 25, 2012 11:53 PM

Sep 2009
Shit like this gets a Blu-ray release while other, arguably better, shows don't.
Mar 26, 2012 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
Mr_Gutts said:

My thoughts exactly. Why not spend time releasing something worthwhile? Plus a show like this doesn't have a very wide demographic - not a big seller, it would seem.

But I could be (and probably am) wrong. Just look at the success of Hetalia. The only difference is that I've never heard of this show (ohnoes) - and it's only a half an hour long.

Honestly I don't really care.
Mar 26, 2012 1:05 AM

May 2011
I get the reasoning that shows like this get licensed more easily while other shows don't is most likely do to the difference in licensing fees involved in securing a title.

Maybe the licensing fee is a profiting sharing one instead of a upfront flat rate fee. Something that would make more sense for obscure titles such as this one.

Unless we're a fly on the wall in the negotiating room we really don't know the true details of these licenses. We can only speculate.
Mar 26, 2012 1:18 AM

Oct 2011
I really liked this OVA, so I think this is good news. ^^
Mar 26, 2012 5:14 AM

Oct 2011
For those who haven't watched it, even though its categorized as shounen-ai thats not really it's main focus. In fact, I'm not even sure why its called shounen-ai to begin with. The main characters just seem to form a close friendship.
But maybe they hope to get this OVA more attention with the licensing, who knows.
Mar 26, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
hOMESTUCK said:
Wish it were longer...

I watched it yesterday, it was enjoyable for me.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 26, 2012 6:25 AM

Jul 2011
Looks kind of cool. I want to watch it.
Mar 26, 2012 6:25 AM

May 2009
phoenixalia said:
Mr_Gutts said:

from what I have seen sir, anything without ecchi and lolis is a waste to you. It maybe a waste to you but there are people here who do like shounen ai you know.

except it is not really a shounen ai. When i first learned about it i thought something along the lines of No.6 so I was kinda sceptic. But even with fujoshi goggles there are no particular inuendos. If that is shounen ai then oofuri is shounen ai too.

Anw what i did get was a really sweet story that can be interpreted as a very clever metaphor of overcoming a trauma with references from a bunch of well known creators and shows. I saw an NGE hommage, I saw Makoto Shinkai, Shinbo, Ikuhara and Masaaki Yuasa references all combinded together with freshness and with a well defined personal style - though yet a bit immature.

I am very happy both for the licensing and the continuation of the title .

Mar 26, 2012 6:59 AM

Oct 2007
Shadow-Chan said:
phoenixalia said:
Mr_Gutts said:

from what I have seen sir, anything without ecchi and lolis is a waste to you. It maybe a waste to you but there are people here who do like shounen ai you know.

+1

+1

For me it was a very good OVA! And it was licensed maybe BECAUSE it was a good OVA! And also maybe BECAUSE it won price! And also because it's original, beautify, sad still funny...
Still don't really understand why a license for an OVA who already have english sub on the dvd... importation shouldn't be enough for an english country?
Well, don't mind! I don't live there and already bought the original dvd ^_^

iristella said:
except it is not really a shounen ai. When i first learned about it i thought something along the lines of No.6 so I was kinda sceptic. But even with fujoshi goggles there are no particular inuendos. If that is shounen ai then oofuri is shounen ai too.
Anw what i did get was a really sweet story that can be interpreted as a very clever metaphor of overcoming a trauma with references from a bunch of well known creators and shows. I saw an NGE hommage, I saw Makoto Shinkai, Shinbo, Ikuhara and Masaaki Yuasa references all combinded together with freshness and with a well defined personal style - though yet a bit immature.
I am very happy both for the licensing and the continuation of the title .

+1
but Hetalia... "Doitsu" and "Italia" sleeping together and a lot of other things and other pairings, made the title easily mistaken for a shounen-ai ^^
... and also oofuri is quiet shounen-ai, no only for fujoshi ^^
sakaMar 26, 2012 3:25 PM
Mar 26, 2012 11:47 AM

May 2009
@ DraconisMarch

Kowarekake no Orgel was nice but totally different in terms of presentation. While I found both titles to be very moving I dont think they can really be compared.

Not sure how random name dropping serves the conversation tbh.

Btw even though the term shounen ai originated from a form of pedophilia it doesnt have that connotation any more. If you are looking for the lolicon counterpart that's shotacon.

All in all from the way the conversation is going i still think the tags really did a number on this ova. But then knowing "substance" does demand to keep an open mind so maybe it's for the best. :)

Mar 26, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
Too short. Hmm. I'll probably get it if it's like $5.
Mar 27, 2012 12:35 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Edit: wtf is going on with the forums? Posts appear and disappear and change their times. This might get double-posted, I have no idea.

Same here! but it's a good thing in this topic, most of the insult posts disappeared! Like something as "you are a fujoshi so you don't have the right to say something"... for guys who said this OVA is bad without watching it before... So thank you answering them... my english is not fluent enough to explain like I would like to do!

jmal said:
DraconisMarch said:
You want a good 30 minute OVA? Kowarekake no Orgel. Guarantee it's better in every aspect.

Whether Show A is good or bad has no bearing on whether Show B is good or bad.
It's even worse since he didn' watch the show B! He just said it's bad and don't worse time/money... but never watched it before... I really don't mind if the liked or hated it, but after watching it until the end!

Part-time_Ninja said:
Too short. Hmm. I'll probably get it if it's like $5.
I prefer to pay more for something good than cheap bad item! of couse if you cannot watched it before buying, the price may be important... I still don't know dvd price in USA but $5 seems cheap! It's only 30mn but the -original at least- dvd also have few short movies from the same director. I paid around 1800 yens and really don't think it was expansive, but since the director is not yet famous ("just" won a price for her work) it's maybe good price! Yet, if $5 dvd make a lot of people buying it, it's good! ^_^

About this OVA, it's really artistic. Don't expect "normal" animation! Even the "action" tag is too much... there are fights, but very very shorts, and not at all the main part of the OVA, who is psychological slice of life! And it could easily be 1h30 movie... too short!
Mar 27, 2012 5:14 PM

Jan 2010
I won't buy it, but I might watch it online. It's only a one episode OVA, after all.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
9 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
Yesterday, 3:59 PM

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 2:44 PM

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.