Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2012 3:35 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
seishi-sama said:
Wasn't it different before? I think the swaps were previously counted for the next week, no?

I checked it and at least in FAL Spring 2010 it was like we do it now.
So people swapped something after week 1 (which means during week 2) and the series they swapped in scored points for the active team at the end of week 2.

Also, while we're at it, there's something I've forgotten to ask:
The player can only swap every three weeks.

So, if a player makes a swap on the week 1, the next swap is allowed on the week 4? Or after week 4 = week 5?

I already explained it in this thread, but once again:

If you make a swap in week 1 then you can make the next swap in week 4, so always two weeks inbetween where you can't swap. If you use the wildcard extra swap you can swap immediately (but you can use this wildcard only once and then no other wildcard).
LunaApr 5, 2012 3:38 AM
Apr 5, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
Luna_ said:
seishi-sama said:
Wasn't it different before? I think the swaps were previously counted for the next week, no?

I checked it and at least in FAL Spring 2010 it was like we do it now.
So people swapped something after week 1 (which means during week 2) and the series they swapped in scored points for the active team at the end of week 2.

Well yeah, I guess I asked a bit different thing here...in the previous FAL tournaments, it wasn't allowed to swap on the week 1. As far as I understand the current rule, and according to this explanation -
Luna_ said:

Everything you're doing during the week (swaps, aces, and later wildcards) counts for this particular week and will be included in the results which will be posted at the end of the week. So if you swap something now, you'll get points for the series you swapped in.

it looks like now we can swap as early as the week 1, and the swaps will be counted for week 1 as well, which renders the whole purpose of starting team rather pointless since people that picked a show that doesn't air on week 1 can easily correct their mistake by swapping it right away.
Apr 5, 2012 8:57 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
seishi-sama said:
Well yeah, I guess I asked a bit different thing here...in the previous FAL tournaments, it wasn't allowed to swap on the week 1.

Okay now I understand what you meant. Well, there was no explicit rule which told you that swaps were allowed only with the beginning of week 2 (at least I can't find one). The swap thread just opened only at the beginning of week 2.

seishi-sama said:
it looks like now we can swap as early as the week 1, and the swaps will be counted for week 1 as well, which renders the whole purpose of starting team rather pointless since people that picked a show that doesn't air on week 1 can easily correct their mistake by swapping it right away

One problem are series that have pre-airing episodes. MAL lists the first airing date (i.e. the pre-airing date) and we got some complaints from people who didn't see this earlier. But that's not the only reason, editing your team before registration closes was already possible with the FALapp. We don't have a FALapp now and we didn't want to accept team changes via PM so we decided to open the swap thread earlier. This is an exception now, we'll clearly state next time how we'll handle team changes (if we allow them) and when the swap thread will be opened.
Apr 5, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2008
Ok, it's not that I'm too concerned about it, it's just a game after all. :) Maybe I'll post some of my thoughts about that in the FAL club suggestions thread later.
Apr 5, 2012 12:29 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Yeah that's true :) And as I said here, we'll need at least one game to evaluate everything.
Suggestions about that or anything else are always very welcome!
Apr 5, 2012 6:57 PM

Dec 2007
What is the format like for messaging FALbot with our wildcards/aces?
Apr 5, 2012 8:45 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
evilchris said:
What is the format like for messaging FALbot with our wildcards/aces?

No special format is required, just write something like
Ace: series title
Wildcard: your chosen wildcard
Apr 6, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2010
I just realized - what about a show that ends during the season (kore wa zombie only has 10 episodes announced)? Are points still awarded the weeks after that? And I assume I'll have to have it on my active team in week 14 if I want to score the end points for it?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 6, 2012 9:26 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I just realized - what about a show that ends during the season (kore wa zombie only has 10 episodes announced)? Are points still awarded the weeks after that? And I assume I'll have to have it on my active team in week 14 if I want to score the end points for it?

Sure, you'll get all points even after the series has ended. That's why we also count "users completed". Well, there won't be new episode discussion threads, but you'll still get points for new posts in the old threads.
And yes, to get the additional points (score, favorites, dropped) the series must be on the active team.
Apr 7, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2010
Okay, thanks. My Eureka Seven Ao becomes more useless with every answered question xD
Apr 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
I forgot this. What's the time that you guys will be counting the weekly points?

Is it still the same as previous FAL seasons?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Apr 7, 2012 11:56 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Leinel said:
I forgot this. What's the time that you guys will be counting the weekly points?

This has already been answered here ;)
Apr 7, 2012 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
Luna_ said:
Leinel said:

This has already been answered here ;)

Ah, thanks. :D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Apr 8, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2011
Sounds so fun... I should have read this earlier.

""OTL""
Apr 12, 2012 2:04 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
About changing swaps, aces, and wildcards:

Swaps
You can change your swap request until the deadline, just edit your post. Don't make a second post because only the first post with a valid swap request will be used and all further posts will be ignored.

Aces
If you notice that you made a mistake (e.g., the anime is not on your active team) you can send another pm with the correct ace. We won't accept changes if you just changed your mind so make sure you really want to declare the anime as your ace.

Wildcards
You can't change your wildcard once you sent it.

If you spot a minor spelling mistake you made, don't send us another pm, we'll correct them. Spelling mistakes in swap requests will be corrected automatically to a certain degree. To avoid any problems copy and paste the series titles as stated in the rules.
LunaApr 12, 2012 2:27 AM
Apr 15, 2012 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
2 bad i didnt read this earlier
Apr 27, 2012 3:29 PM

Feb 2010
The points rewarded for the episode discussion posts are rewarded only for

a) Posts in the official episode dicussion threads and no other threads in the subforum
and b) Only for new posts since the last time those episode discussion points were rewarded?

Is that correct?
Apr 27, 2012 9:32 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Yes, only the posts in the official threads get counted and only new posts that have been made since we last counted posts. So if you swap in an anime now you can't get the points that were rewarded in week 2 for this anime.
May 1, 2012 6:01 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
About nukes:

1. Nuke receivers are determined randomly (it's written in the rules but just as a reminder).
2. You can't choose if you want to nuke someone at the rank above/below or at the same rank (in case the rank above/below and/or same rank is shared by several people). Nuke up always includes the rank above and the same rank (same for nuke down of course).
3. You can't nuke yourself.
4. Nukes are applied to members according to ranks of the previous week. So you can be sure you'll hit your target (in case there was no tie).

Point 4 applies to all wildcards: We first apply all wildcards and only then we add the new anime points to the team scores.
Jun 3, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2010
I understand you apply the wild cards before the anime points, but in which order do you apply them? Boost before Nuke or vice versa?
Jun 3, 2012 9:11 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I understand you apply the wild cards before the anime points, but in which order do you apply them? Boost before Nuke or vice versa?

It doesn't matter because:

4. Nukes are applied to members according to ranks of the previous week. So you can be sure you'll hit your target (in case there was no tie).
Jun 4, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
I figured, but it was worth asking. My most epic of all plans has now been avoided :/
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.