Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2012 1:41 AM

Dec 2009
Hey guys, I noticed that recently, more and more anime blogs out there are looking out for guest writers, so I created this topic so those who seek guest writers or those who want to write as guests can discuss easily.

For blogs seeking guest writers, the format of your post should go something like this:

Blog name:
Requirements(if any):
Job Scope:

For bloggers seeking to write as guests:
Name:
Experience:
Term:
HypercardiacMar 7, 2012 3:53 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 7, 2012 1:42 AM

Dec 2009
I'll start us off:

SEEKING GUEST WRITERS

Blog name: Ambivalence, or is it Ambiguity
Requirements: Must be able to write coherently
Job Scope: Post anything you want about anime, preferably editorials or reviews of currently airing anime.
Mar 7, 2012 6:46 AM

Apr 2008
Well, our blog could always use more writers seeing as our main character seems to be missing in action (this is becoming a trend lately in anime, isn't it?)

Seeking guest writers, but permanent authors would be nice too.

Blog name: 萌え alt. - http://sunnie.neetsauce.com/

Requirements(if any): Need to possess solid writing skills. By that I mean, are you able to analyse things from a critical perspective and provide insightful comments. Also, you need to be committed to writing and sticking to a schedule (of course, you can choose your own schedule). But other than that, you're free to write however you like :)

Job Scope: Posting about currently airing anime, writing reviews, maintaining the blog. We could use help with any of these :D
Don_Don_KunMar 7, 2012 7:08 AM

Mar 7, 2012 12:01 PM

May 2011
With our head honcho taking a hiatus from active blogging, we're looking for 3-4 new writers to fill the void (Guilty Crown pun intended).

Blog name: Random Curiosity
Requirements: Good written English skills (preferably college/university level), an insightful and objective outlook on anime, ability to stick to a blogging schedule and write on days you may not feel like it, some technical experience taking screen caps and using Photoshop is beneficial, and an abundance of free time and a diverse taste in anime are big pluses
Job Scope: Write episodic posts for ~2 shows per season (preferably within 48 hours of airing), take 36 screen captures per episode

See this post for more details, and feel free to message me with any questions!
verdantlyApr 17, 2012 2:43 PM
Apr 6, 2012 11:12 AM

May 2011
Name: Chelsea is my real name but I do have other online handles.
Experience: I am a 23-year old college graduate. I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a focus in business and professional writing. I am versed in MLA style and partially-versed in AP style.
Having just graduated less than a year ago, I don't have much experience in terms of large-scale business writing or copyediting. I have, however, completed an internship with a state-wide newspaper and participated in campus-wide publications.
As for anime experience, I have been an anime fan since I was 10. The first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon when it was still airing on Cartoon Network. Thirteen years later, I now collect figurines for a hobby, watch simulcasted anime, and I am -- slowly -- self-teaching Japanese.
Finally, I do have Microsoft Office, a Canon DSLR camera, Photoshop, and a MacBook Pro. I am comfortable working with all of the above products.
I hope to put this experience, and all of the experience I gain, into a full-time job someday, but I do have to start somewhere!
Term: Looking for something full-time or part-time, preferably paid. I am currently a part-time employee at GameStop, but I normally get less than 20 hours a week. I have a lot of time on my hands to devote to writing about anime and figurine reviews.

If you are interested in working with me, my e-mail address is cheriimiki@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration!
satelliteApr 6, 2012 11:34 AM
Apr 11, 2012 11:12 AM

Sep 2009
Blog name: http://katsanimeblog.wordpress.com
Requirements (if any): Good writing skills and good with grammar; have been watching anime for a while.
Job Scope: A very small position: writing reviews on OVA's/ONA's/Specials that air during the current anime seasons.
Apr 12, 2012 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
Not hurting for staff writers at the moment, but I figured it'd be nice to throw this out there.

Blog name: Anime Instrumentality - http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/
Our Focus: Anime music, mostly reviews, but also weekly segments on how they impact the viewing experience. We've been around for 4 years, love what we do and love sharing our favorite anime melodies.
Requirements: Articulate writers who are passionate about the music in anime regardless of whether they're opening and ending themes or BGM (soundtrack) stuff.

If you're interested, feel free to send a writing sample to the e-mail address on the About page. Do format the writing sample per the ones already published on the site if you need guidance on how to do that.
Anime Instrumentality - Anime music news and soundtrack reviews
Apr 12, 2012 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
All right! Guess I better get to it:

Blog name: Organization Anti-Social Geniuses http://organizationasg.com
What are we: We're an anime/manga blog that does reviews, news, and editorials on whatever comes up!
Requirements: Someone who is willing to write on a consistent basis, and of course likes what they do.

What positions are available is here. If you're interested, just send in a sample of your work and we'll go from there. Email us at organizationasg@gmail.com
May 23, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
Hey there...bringing this topic back up I guess, especially since summer's hitting :)

The reason for this update is because there are two positions left: music reviewer and Japanese Culture writer. Obviously, one will have to be pretty solid in both areas if they apply, so, same rules: if you're interested, please email at organizationasg@gmail.com.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Blogs: Blogger Library

Hypercardiac - Feb 7, 2012

31 by TheNerdAlec »»
Jun 13, 2016 12:43 AM

» Exchange Link

mitayashi - May 25, 2009

4 by malinbelle »»
Feb 7, 2016 1:16 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Official Member Cards!!!

Hypercardiac - Feb 11, 2012

24 by shiizumi »»
Apr 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Sticky: » Blogs: List Of Currently Updated Blogs

Ashuri - Mar 5, 2012

18 by hontobaka »»
Oct 12, 2012 5:28 PM

» SushiGokart.net Presents: Anime's Next Top Blogger!

SamFury - Aug 1, 2012

0 by SamFury »»
Aug 1, 2012 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.