Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2012 10:27 AM

Jan 2010
... that Tadakuni, despite being the "leader" of the group, doesn't even appear for most of the show? Especially in the recent episodes.

Don't get me wrong, Hidenori is my favorite out of the characters, but I just find it weird how Tadakuni has literally no screen time (esp in the latest episodes).

But then again, if I'm talking Gintama-wise, it'd be:
Hidenori = Gintoki (Same seiyuu, the gag man)
Tadakuni = Shinpachi (Down to earth and very realistic)
Yoshitake = Kagura (Follows Hidenori's lead)

So I'm not surprised Hidenori and Yoshitake get the most screen time, but I still find it really weird... Side characters appear more than Tadakuni apparently .__.

Your thoughts?
Kurimu-chanFeb 28, 2012 10:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2008
Yuru Yuri, hajimaru yo~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
I'm sure tsubasalover is disappointed. She wants her MiyuMiyu xD
Feb 28, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Yuru Yuri, hajimaru yo~

Even though I haven't watched that anime I did hear about the main character fading into the background. That reminds me of how they are treating Tadakuni right now. Maybe they are parodying Yuru Yuri or doing something similar to what that show did?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 3, 2012 1:55 AM

Sep 2008
I don't think Tadakuni is the main. They just happen to show him first in the OP whenever they show their group so it might give that impression.
Mar 6, 2012 9:16 AM

Jan 2010
5layer said:
I don't think Tadakuni is the main. They just happen to show him first in the OP whenever they show their group so it might give that impression.

Maybe. But it's usually a given that the person in the middle is the leader of a group :) Guess Tadakuni's character is too serious to be used for the comedy in the show.
Mar 6, 2012 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
Kurimu-chan said:
5layer said:

Maybe. But it's usually a given that the person in the middle is the leader of a group :) Guess Tadakuni's character is too serious to be used for the comedy in the show.

But that was the point of his character: the straight-man that answers the other two idiocies.
I kinda miss him, even if the rest of the cast is so funny.
Mar 6, 2012 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
The latest episode (episode 9) basically confirms that Tadakuni not appearing was intended as a joke.

From the next episode preview: "By the way Tadakuni didn't show up. We didn't even notice". It's probably to poke fun at shows that seem to shaft their main characters (I'm looking at you Nisemonogatari).

Mar 6, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:
The latest episode (episode 9) basically confirms that Tadakuni not appearing was intended as a joke.

From the next episode preview: "By the way Tadakuni didn't show up. We didn't even notice". It's probably to poke fun at shows that seem to shaft their main characters (I'm looking at you Nisemonogatari).

Yuru Yuri is a bigger one, Akari not being a memorable character is a running joke.
Mar 6, 2012 11:07 PM

Mar 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
5layer said:

I don't think we should expect anything in this anime to follow the "norm" an id it does, it's only as parody.
This isn't a typical anime with a main character and a plot, it's mostly episodic gags, thus, there really is no main character. I've never viewed Tadakuni as the main character, the only reason he's portrayed centrally is probably because he's the most "average/normal" of all the characters.

Remember, this is the Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, not the Daily Life of Tadakuni (or any other single character) ;)

If anything, Tadakuni's lack of appearance is a joke in and of itself. This anime is taking everything we know about mainstream anime, stringing it up, hanging it upside down, and laughing at it. Seriously, you watched the OP right? that's the most average of chiche'd averages as you can get! they shot off into the milky way
Face-PaintMar 6, 2012 11:11 PM
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Jul 4, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
It was all Tadakuni's dream.
Jul 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
It's a running gag of the show that Tadakuni is too normal to have screen time lol.
Oct 23, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2014
Sol_Ou said:
It was all Tadakuni's dream.

Nope it's not
Jan 4, 2017 2:53 PM
Nov 2016
Yeah, I've missed Tadakuni all the time along the anime, his "normallity" was really funny for me. He was my favourite character and idk I love his personality so much bc of the contrast with the others... It was kinda rude let him appart...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

139 by Samurai_YanZi »»
Apr 22, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2012

317 by Samurai_YanZi »»
Apr 22, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 26, 2012

294 by Etli_Krrep »»
Feb 10, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 16, 2012

141 by WELLERM »»
Jan 14, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Feb 7, 2012

149 by im_rehan »»
Jan 5, 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.