I really want a S3.... Dx
Aug 10, 2012 1:33 PM
Mar 2012
Yvese said:
Gogetters said:
Mithzor said:
not gonna happen :*(
And you know this... how?
It's been 3 years since season 2 ended. When it's been that long all hopes for another season are pretty low. Don't get me wrong I'd love a 3rd season.

Curious though, how were the dvd/bluray sales for season 2? Maybe that's why there hasn't been any news on season 3.

well...zero no tsukaima came out after 4 years of absence lol :P so anythings possible
Aug 11, 2012 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
theanimelover26 said:
Yvese said:
Gogetters said:
Mithzor said:
It's been 3 years since season 2 ended. When it's been that long all hopes for another season are pretty low. Don't get me wrong I'd love a 3rd season.

Curious though, how were the dvd/bluray sales for season 2? Maybe that's why there hasn't been any news on season 3.

well...zero no tsukaima came out after 4 years of absence lol :P so anythings possible

Do you think they may have been waiting for the novels to finish so that they would know how to pace it? The last novel only came out last year.
Aug 11, 2012 9:05 AM

May 2011
LiquidSwords said:
theanimelover26 said:
Yvese said:
Gogetters said:
Mithzor said:

Do you think they may have been waiting for the novels to finish so that they would know how to pace it? The last novel only came out last year.

The first two seasons only covered 5/17 Novels, 4/17 to be precise actually. They had more than enough content to go with but if they were waiting for the definite end before they tried anything for assessing pacing, profit and popularity purposes, then they might give it a second glance.

However, as someone brought up earlier in this thread, Durarara! is a far higher priority LN-wise and I'd say don't expect to see a Spice and Wolf season before the latter. Though I could be wrong.

Anyway, you all should just re-watch the current anime content infinitely ^^ (with minor breaks of course), it never gets old, in fact it gets better each time. Also, Yen-Press is speeding up translations on the Novels and I urge each major(like me ^^) or even casual Spice and Wolf fan to read them from the very first one.
Aug 20, 2012 8:38 AM
Jun 2012
any update ??
Aug 20, 2012 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
The translations for the novels are very slow too am I right?
I plan to buy all of the Spice and Wolf english light novels soon.

I dread the thought that there won't be a season 3.

Aug 23, 2012 5:04 AM
Apr 2012
Necro-sama said:
The translations for the novels are very slow too am I right?
I plan to buy all of the Spice and Wolf english light novels soon.

They are not that slow.
For starters, you could read novel 4 and 6. Four was skipped entirely in the anime but is definetly worth reading. And six is what happens after the anime.
The anime is really good so it's probably not worth reading the other novels. Of course, if you want to go ahead, it's just that I'm kinda bored when reading something where I already know the story. I've read novel 5 and you can say that the anime isn't really missing anything out like it's often the case with some other animations.
They announced that they're going to release three novels each year (before 2).
Volume 7 is announced for december this year.
http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/
Aru_Aug 23, 2012 5:10 AM
Aug 28, 2012 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
Even tho its been 3 years i will never give up hope. Season 2 just left me with this hole, This hole can not be filled with any other anime. They have like 400 + episodes of one peace and Naruto. I think they can make one more season of spice and wolf.
Aug 29, 2012 9:17 AM
Aug 2009
Aru21 said:
The anime is really good so it's probably not worth reading the other novels.

Many have said that the novels made more sense to them (in terms of the subtler parts like the schemes and the last arc of season 2), but as with anything YMMV.
Aug 29, 2012 10:22 AM

May 2011
BashZeStampeedo said:
Aru21 said:

Many have said that the novels made more sense to them (in terms of the subtler parts like the schemes and the last arc of season 2), but as with anything YMMV.

Why wouldn't you want more Spice and Wolf? I re-watch the anime to the point of memorization and own all the translated Novels. What's the loss in more Spice and Wolf? If anything the anime made me like the novels more and the novels made me like the anime more, which in turn just increased my overall Spice and Wolf universe experience. So in the end, they only benefit each other. They both tell the same story but with a little different pacing, and a few minor detail/differences. They are definitely worth it, well, for a true fan at least. Spice and Wolf for life! ^^
Aug 29, 2012 6:56 PM
Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
Aru21 said:

Why wouldn't you want more Spice and Wolf? I re-watch the anime to the point of memorization and own all the translated Novels. What's the loss in more Spice and Wolf? If anything the anime made me like the novels more and the novels made me like the anime more, which in turn just increased my overall Spice and Wolf universe experience. So in the end, they only benefit each other. They both tell the same story but with a little different pacing, and a few minor detail/differences. They are definitely worth it, well, for a true fan at least. Spice and Wolf for life! ^^

Just like I stated before: I often find myself bored when reading something where I know the outcome of. I don’t care about a few minor details if the overall thing’s the same ... BUT if you do, go ahead and read.
I’m fine with reading first and then start watching, however, the other way round I just happen to dislike it.
Just my two cents ;-)
Aug 29, 2012 7:05 PM

May 2011
Aru21 said:
-Shuda- said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
Aru21 said:

Just like I stated before: I often find myself bored when reading something where I know the outcome of. I don’t care about a few minor details if the overall thing’s the same ... BUT if you do, go ahead and read.
I’m fine with reading first and then start watching, however, the other way round I just happen to dislike it.
Just my two cents ;-)

That makes perfect sense, about the reading part. Everyone has a different approach/preference of doing things, and of course I respect that and appreciate your opinion. I just like to encourage/inform as much as possible :). My post wasn't really directed towards you alone as well, though if it seemed negative at all, sorry, that wasn't my intention at all. I just get excited pretty easily when it comes to Spice and Wolf, lol.
Aug 30, 2012 5:04 PM
Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:

That makes perfect sense, about the reading part. Everyone has a different approach/preference of doing things, and of course I respect that and appreciate your opinion. I just like to encourage/inform as much as possible :). My post wasn't really directed towards you alone as well, though if it seemed negative at all, sorry, that wasn't my intention at all. I just get excited pretty easily when it comes to Spice and Wolf, lol.

Ah, didn’t take it personally at all! I just wanted to clarify my original statement! :)
Aug 30, 2012 7:20 PM

Jun 2012
Well the complete series on blu-ray goes on sale in September, and i've read interviews with the creator saying that a season 3 at this point will be determined by its sales in japan and america obviously. I've already pre-ordered a copy. I have yet to fill the void that Spice and Wolf left so we all have to support this to get a season 3.

And for all the naysayers out there read this, I once used to watch a little anime long ago called "Big O". Of course I watched it on Toonami, and I came to regard it as one of my favorite animes of all time. The show ended with like thirteen episodes so it was just one season. After it ended I felt really sad, cause I knew there was no chance for a sequel. BUT low a behold, eventually we got a sequel, the most interesting part...the sequel was created solely on how popular it was in america, Toonami literally got Big O a second season, I was completly blown away. Never lose hope people, never...
Sep 16, 2012 5:52 AM
Jun 2012
any news? now .
Sep 24, 2012 11:19 PM

Aug 2012
I seriously hope there will be one, I just finished season 2 and I loved it. If it all comes down to seriously no season 3, Im picking up the light novel right away. Is saddening though how long its been...do hope they hurry up soon.
Sep 28, 2012 1:19 PM
Sep 2012
Anyone have a source for these interview rumors? Ive been seeing them pop up in various places so it might have some truth to it.
Im just dreaming for a 3rd season/
Sep 28, 2012 2:48 PM
Sep 2012
That was supposed to be a reply to luigi-dude.

Although i had an idea, if we could get adult swim/toonami to pick up S&W as one of their shows for their anime list it would increase the demand and may increase the fan base enough to make season 3 profitable
Sep 30, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
actually they were gonna make a decision based on blu ray sales at the end of 2012... so if you want a third season start coughing up the money and buy it...
- Nothing Works unless you do -

Oct 6, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
N-TS said:
actually they were gonna make a decision based on blu ray sales at the end of 2012... so if you want a third season start coughing up the money and buy it...

Woah woah you're asking us to buy anime!?!??!!?!?111!!1?
Oct 14, 2012 8:09 PM

May 2012
Shuhan said:
N-TS said:

lol, well someone has to.

Since I'm not buying the anime, I am buying all of the translated light novels. I'm currently reading volume 4, and so far it's been amazing. The anime did a great job following the novels.

Oct 19, 2012 10:31 AM
Oct 2012
well ill buy this anime if we could have a 3rd season its just too good to let it go.
Nov 3, 2012 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
Well does anyone know how are the sales for the dvd so far?
Nov 13, 2012 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
You mean the old separate season 1 and season 2 blurays or the new bundle they released? (both season 1 and 2 with the OVA's for each) I'm pretty sure the bundle has a better price, but if it doesn't count towards helping make season 3 I'd get the separate seasons.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 16, 2012 10:38 PM

Jun 2010
Now wait a minute.. Even if the sale is a success, we must wait til (the fastest possible time) like mid 2013, since it's based on the sale til end 2012.. Oh my, that's too long..
Still, it's better that none though
Nov 23, 2012 1:55 AM

May 2012
Yeah, Spice and Wolf 3 not being made is a crime against humanity imo.
It has to happen especially after that really inconclusive ending in season 2. Im curious what happens in the light novels though. I need some closure.

"We are the Fury"- House Baratheon

Nov 23, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
Rozen Maiden getting a S3 makes me a little more hopeful that S&W will eventually get one.
Nov 27, 2012 7:31 AM
Jun 2012
don't ever lose our hope.
Nov 30, 2012 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
I watched this on a whim then finished both seasons in 2 days

maybe learning Japanese is a good idea after all
Dec 4, 2012 11:14 PM
Mar 2012
Scubnuclear said:
Rozen Maiden getting a S3 makes me a little more hopeful that S&W will eventually get one.

Rozen maiden getting season 3? since when?
Dec 5, 2012 3:02 PM
Dec 7, 2012 4:33 PM
Nov 2012
This show was amazing. I desperately hope they make a season 3. I was hoping to see some sort of update on DVD/BD sales since 2012 is almost over. Does anyone know what the current sale levels for this series is? Will they make a season 3?
Dec 9, 2012 8:14 PM
Nov 2012
I also wish the entire series got animated. There are some novel series that were all animated. Fingers crossed.
Dec 15, 2012 4:23 AM

Sep 2011
alcurad said:
I watched this on a whim then finished both seasons in 2 days

maybe learning Japanese is a good idea after all

haha tell me why this exactly happened to me! xD loved this series. I really hope they announce a season 3..
Dec 20, 2012 7:43 PM

Dec 2010
Yea once I started watching this show I couldn't stop. To not conclude it would be so terrible. Naruto refuses to stop and we can't get more Spice and Wolf!?! Best anime I've seen in a while hands down.
Dec 20, 2012 8:00 PM
Jul 2012
Onlin3Mast3r said:
Shuhan said:
N-TS said:

lol, well someone has to.

Since I'm not buying the anime, I am buying all of the translated light novels. I'm currently reading volume 4, and so far it's been amazing. The anime did a great job following the novels.

wait they're actually translated?
Dec 20, 2012 8:06 PM

Nov 2012
I really hope we get a season 3... Do the light novels have a better ending? I can’t buy them from my local nerd shops... I guess I’ll have to get them off Amazon
Dec 20, 2012 8:41 PM

May 2011
To answer some possible questions here...

There are 17 Light Novels in total.

- 7 have been "officially" translated by Yen Press as of this December.

- 3 will be translated per year as of 2013

- Anime season one covers volumes 1 and 2

- Anime season two covers volumes 3 and 5 (4 was skipped as it is more of a side-story)
Dec 28, 2012 1:10 PM

Jun 2012
waiting
Jan 1, 2013 8:15 AM
Jan 2013
I'm a huge fan of Spice and wolf so I currently own all seven translated novels and preordered number eight.....I'm also up to date on the manga but only own 3 Volumes (1-3). I also bought the DVD set including both seasons....I have doubts about a season 3 but I have no doubts about the release of the next few light novels....get what I'm trying to say, I would rather get the novels and enjoy more Holo and Lawrence than keep waiting another year for season 3.
Jan 2, 2013 9:12 PM

Jun 2010
Onlin3Mast3r said:
Shuhan said:
N-TS said:

So today is 2013 already and I've been in Spice and Wolf II forum for one year and still waiting...
any news of the sales?
Jan 2, 2013 9:26 PM

May 2011
Brownie12 said:
I'm a huge fan of Spice and wolf so I currently own all seven translated novels and preordered number eight.....I'm also up to date on the manga but only own 3 Volumes (1-3). I also bought the DVD set including both seasons....I have doubts about a season 3 but I have no doubts about the release of the next few light novels....get what I'm trying to say, I would rather get the novels and enjoy more Holo and Lawrence than keep waiting another year for season 3.

I'm in the same situation as you. I wouldn't be happy, but it wouldn't really affect me at all if a S3 didn't come out. I have everything possibly available for Spice and Wolf in North America, have re-watched both seasons over 9 times and re-read my copies of the novels every now and then at random. I am waiting on "official" translations of volumes 8-17 now, THOUGH, I have read up to Volume 12 with "non-official" translations in the past. Unfortunately I can't point anyone in the right direction for those as I no longer have access.

Anyway, it's not fun reading off a screen anyway, that's what the anime is for, it takes away the whole purpose of the novels for me. I like to lay back on my bed indoors, or on good days, sit out in the backyard on the swing with the novel in hand and just join the duo in their universe, without a single care in the world!

Though all is cool for people like us, the novels don't appeal to as many people, as the pacing and detail is different as opposed to the anime (I love both). There is no music, Seiyuu and the charm is "different". I love them both for their own aspects and purposes but they are DEFINITELY not the same thing; even though it's the same content, it's presented differently. I'm a reader and watcher, but not everyone is.
Kayaba-Jan 2, 2013 9:32 PM
Jan 2, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2012
I brought 2 copies of each season. One for me and one for my brother... I was doing my part now I’m just hoping to get a third season...
Jan 6, 2013 8:10 PM
Aug 2012
dam i watched both seasons within one day why isnt there a third season :( this was epic <3
Jan 10, 2013 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
damn this series was one of those animes where i just marathon through like a boss. I finished each season in a day lol. I've become so attached to the characters D:. I was skeptical about an anime about a merchant. It sounded pretty damn boring to be honest but boy was I wrong. I enjoyed the dialogue and interactions between Horo and Lawrence though some may think it's excessive. I really hope they have a season 3 some where in the future. It makes me sad because I don't like the lack of a conclusion or closure in animes.

Jan 10, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Well I just finished the second season today, and I must say, the possibility of a third season seems quite high to me (This series was just the bees knees for me). Just have to buy the light novels and DVDs...it'll be worth it in the end though.
Jan 10, 2013 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
I just watched all S1 and S2 in a row, absolutly loved this anime. I'm prepared to buy all novels/dvd's available, but would like the forums help on 2 questions:

1-How many LN are in the anime.

2-How many LN have been translated and are available to be bough in english say in amazon.co.uk (I'M IN EUROPE)
Jan 10, 2013 8:51 PM
Jul 2012
Delnoch said:
I just watched all S1 and S2 in a row, absolutly loved this anime. I'm prepared to buy all novels/dvd's available, but would like the forums help on 2 questions:

2-How many LN have been translated and are available to be bough in english say in amazon.co.uk (I'M IN EUROPE)

1. I'm not 100% but I think the anime adapted 4 novels and skipped 1. There are 17 in total

2. the translations are being done by http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/ currently 7 are translated
Jan 10, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2012
S1 adapted vol. 1 and 2, S2 adapted vol. 3 and 5 -- 4 was skipped.
Jan 11, 2013 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
JavierR said:
Delnoch said:

1. I'm not 100% but I think the anime adapted 4 novels and skipped 1. There are 17 in total

2. the translations are being done by http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/ currently 7 are translated

There are 17 novels each with around 200 pages??????????????????????????????????????????

thats a lottttttttttttttttttt

nice :), how long till all are translated, wanted to ship them all at once if possible, because whenever i start reading something i like I DO NOT STOP
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

445 by patkarunungan »»
Today, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 3:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.