Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
So I am wondering how much people are crying for Shu and Inori? Also How the fuck did Gai get to pierce Inori if he had no powers before he got them from Shu? WTF plot hole?

Hello? Gai used his own void (thanks to Yuu) to draw Inori's void at distance.
あなたが...それでも何も変化に耐え...しかし... ...場合に前方にも一歩を踏み出すなら...私は感じの何かが変更されるている、と...何か良い処理が 行われます!
Feb 16, 2012 2:39 PM
Jan 2012
Lestrade said:
I still wonder why they don't just use Tsugumi's void ability to create clones to fight, it would certainly prevent casualties...

According to Wikipedia, they're just holographs. Wouldn't do much.

And about Gai and his comment on Shu being an "usurper," the Power of Kings was originally intended for his use. It was complete accident that Shu got it. Maybe whatever freaky Clone-no-Jutsu they used on him amplified those feelings of resentment so that Gai's just wanting to kill 'em all.
Feb 16, 2012 2:40 PM

Mar 2010
WTF.

That's the only thing going through my mind right now.

I know some people are happy that Gai has come back (I like Gai, I mean, not my favorite but he was cool) but GAI is probably going to end up being the villain. I'm sorry but if you really look past how badass he was from the first few episodes to now, you know something is off. I don't care how much of a mercenary he was, I do not believe that Gai would have EVER cut off Shu's arm like that.

As for Shu, as much as he might have been spineless or whatever, I really hope he makes a great comeback. This reminds me of Simon from Gurren Lagann, and without spoiling what happens, when one suffers a great loss and is a bit of a twit for a while, they always come back as a boss.

As for Arisa, her character change was too adrupt. It's justifiable due to the circumstances but the pacing of the show made it really weird and awkward.

That being said, I do admire what GC is doing but this show has plenty of flaws that are more and more obvious every episode. I mean, the pacing is just really awkward. I do feel sorry for Shu and Inori though.

Though, I'm spectulating as to why Inori and Arisa changed so readily....is it because of Mana's influence. Otherwise, I don't even know what the fuck...

Argh, wtf.
Feb 16, 2012 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my, the show just got so mad! I usually don't like status quo but the way they destroyed it now was crazy. Oh well, I actually liked it, I'm finally for once looking forward for the next episodes of this! xD

And what exactly happened to Inori at the end, her Void just seemed to have been drawn across her body, that was weird... O.o
Feb 16, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2010
shadelol said:
Yumekichi11 said:
So I am wondering how much people are crying for Shu and Inori? Also How the fuck did Gai get to pierce Inori if he had no powers before he got them from Shu? WTF plot hole?

Since when was Gai's Void a sword when last I saw was a gun type? Since when did Gai even have a Void Drawing ability until he got Shu's one?

Plot holes?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 16, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2010
I am just glad this school arc is done.
Feb 16, 2012 2:59 PM
Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
shadelol said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Since when was Gai's Void a sword when last I saw was a gun type? Since when did Gai even have a Void Drawing ability until he got Shu's one?

Plot holes?

Huh? Yuu drew a void from a figure obscured from view; we can safely assume, judging by the end of the episode, that the mystery man was Clone!Gai.
Gai's void is a gun with the ability to bring out the voids of others.
He drew Inori's sword with his own gun.
Feb 16, 2012 3:00 PM

Jan 2012
=.=.. Didn't Gai just use his own void to forcibly draw out Inori's void? You can see the other void-user (forgot his name) pulling out Gai's void beforehand so it's not a plot hole..

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode Loved the InoriXShu moments and just really loved Inori:). I love how in the episode previews it seems that she's the only one really there for him.

I can't wait to see how Shu will get his new power though. Judging from the opening, Inori will somehow give it to him?
queenSwildFeb 16, 2012 3:06 PM
Feb 16, 2012 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
PatheticFallacy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
shadelol said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Plot holes?

Huh? Yuu drew a void from a figure obscured from view; we can safely assume, judging by the end of the episode, that the mystery man was Clone!Gai.
Gai's void is a gun with the ability to bring out the voids of others.
He drew Inori's sword with his own gun.
Well I guess I missed that feature big time then cause I don't remember it being able to do that at all TBH.

Feb 16, 2012 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Damn! Shit hit me more than before when I realized some things Shu went through and put myself in his shoes.

Yeah, I guess I should have done that too. I did think he needed a wake up call but the damage to him might have been a little much.

Haha, I guess you really need time to decompress after watching the last couple of episodes.
Feb 16, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2011
Damn! It just get intense as ever!
I wonder what Shu will do since he had lost his right arm.
Jan 2011
wow.

i had respect for that arisa person. but who can respect a person that sells their body? she is suppose to be strong, but in the end she really was a weak little girl in a generic body, and lowered her own value by performing those acts. if the writers really want to troll me, they would have her and zombie gai together in the end.

the school kids are all retarded. i will enjoy the gundams lasering their faces and riddling their bodies with bullets. i hate shoe, but i hate backstabbers even more. i wish shoe gets his revenge. there should be at least one survivor that says something like "forgive me shoe, for i have committed treason."

no hisoka made me sad. while zombie gai made the show a little better when he came and cut shoe's arm, you know he is not the true gai. maybe he got a little crazy from being revived, or he's being controlled.

lol inori was defeated when someone just grabs her arm. i thought she can move at the speed of light, and slay people with just her finger nail. i want more crazy inori

May 2011
Terrible.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Feb 16, 2012 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT . . . . ?

Feb 16, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
GAH, Now i really cant wait til next week @.@
Feb 16, 2012 3:23 PM
Feb 2012
The episode was really good, except the part where Arsia sold herself out like that was disgusting(Bec if I was that guy, i would've ask for money or something...sex is only temp enjoyment). But all in all, i dont see why the student getting mad over Shu not telling them that void breaks = death. Haven't there life already being decided is death when there inside that containment, at least Shu was a glimmer of hope of survival. Not saying Shu way of doing was right,being a tyrant and all, but atleast his motive was in the right place. And he did eventually got everyone out....so why they so mad about it -.- Anyways, yeah Shu is going overboard thinking he's "king" and all, then comes along Gai with bad motives cuts his hand off..So much dam plot twist there XD.

PS: Inori reminds me of Gasi Yuno XD
rraannddooFeb 16, 2012 3:31 PM
Feb 16, 2012 3:25 PM

May 2011
Now just WTF

I'm on Gai's side, Shu had just been selfish for the last few episodes..I think Shu is gonna die from the blood lost after this who arm who cut off. Also, we may get to see Shu's void next episode..can't wait.
Feb 16, 2012 3:28 PM

Oct 2010
hydrolase said:
the school kids are all retarded. i will enjoy the gundams lasering their faces and riddling their bodies with bullets. i hate shoe, but i hate backstabbers even more. i wish shoe gets his revenge. there should be at least one survivor that says something like "forgive me shoe, for i have committed treason."
ROFL at first I was feeling sorry for them like I mention earlier but after they betray I am with your comment. ROFL, good one.

Feb 16, 2012 3:31 PM

May 2011
when "gai" came down i thought he was gonna save shuu!

then i then thought wait........ shit. ITS A TRAP!!!

but i think inori is loosing that "touch" she had earlier in the series.
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Feb 16, 2012 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
hydrolase said:
ROFL at first I was feeling sorry for them like I mention earlier but after they betray I am with your comment. ROFL, good one.

I AGREE SO MUCH.
Shu should go batshit insane on those backstabbers like how Daryl murdered that mom in like... Episode 2 or something like that. I'd feel really satisfied, but that's not the kind of person Shu is...
Feb 16, 2012 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
I dont think Shu deserved all that much, although i hate him, the guy tried his best even if it was all downhill, LOOOL. They should just have arrested him and that´s it. No need for so much drama. i actually pity him for loosing, not his power but his arm, it must hurt like hell.

And i think Inori will really become Mana now and rule along Gai.

Now it seems to me that Gai is evil? Anyway, just like he said, he was always the king. And we all know if Gai had the Void power since the very beginning, he would surely have saved everyone and would probably still be alive without needing to be resurrected.

and i dont think Arisa is a bitch, she did what she had to do in order to survive and return to her family, we know that in many wars, people sometimes do what they can do to survive. period.

Anyway i dont understand this huge plothole...so Shu drops a void and the void returns to the owner... or not?!

Ah well, i lost interest in this anime long time ago due to so many inconsistencies in the plot plus characters. could have been a masterpiece, but its an epic fail.

I really hope to see Daryl soon. He´s decent and Daryl x Tsugumi is cute.

F***, stop comparing this to Geass, its an offense, no one surpasses King Lelouch.

I think Hare´s spirit must be crying on her grave now. In my opinion, Ayase is the only one who can save Shu now. Shu got owned and lost everyone, and its about to loose Inori.
I guess there is still hope for Ayase x Shu fans now, because i dont think Ayase will fall in love again fornewGai.
Besides Arisa x Gai x Mana will probably be the new threesome.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 16, 2012 3:59 PM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Damn! Shit hit me more than before when I realized some things Shu went through and put myself in his shoes.

didn't you see that part where the other power of kings user(forgot his name) drawed out gais void beforehand
Feb 16, 2012 4:01 PM

Jun 2011
wtfffff
great episode, 5/5 no doubt
Feb 16, 2012 4:13 PM
Dec 2011
Shu isn't gonna be a villain or tyrant anymore. I think this is the turning point for him and he will be on his way to redemption after this incident. It is good because I never liked Shu being in charge and arrogant. It was unnatural and he played the role poorly. Made the anime really awkward to watch lol
Feb 16, 2012 4:17 PM
Dec 2011
yagamisignum said:
Now just WTF

I'm on Gai's side, Shu had just been selfish for the last few episodes..I think Shu is gonna die from the blood lost after this who arm who cut off. Also, we may get to see Shu's void next episode..can't wait.

how can u be on Gai's side. I'm pretty sure the bad guys are controlling him lol.
Feb 16, 2012 4:18 PM
Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
shadelol said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Plot holes?

welcome to guilty crown
this anime thrives on plot holes lol......
Feb 16, 2012 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Shu doesn't have his genome anymore.

Time for him to have his reality marble void pulled out by Mugi and get his magic circuit arm.

All aboard the train, no refunds if it wrecks.
Feb 16, 2012 4:28 PM

Aug 2011
This is the greatest turning point ever!!

Gai and Shu met face to face once again
Inori gained some weird power or kinda like "possessed by Mana" (we'll find out more about this hopefully)
Shu lost his powers? I wonder how he is going to get it back
Coup d' etat led by Arisa. Shu does no longer have the control over them

Now that Gai has appeared, i wonder what are his objectives now. Argo is alive!!! what a relief. i didnt want him to die although we don't know what happened after back there.

it was a great episode overall
5 more episodes :) god i cant wait
Feb 16, 2012 4:32 PM
Jun 2011
I loled.............. wow i am a bastard o_0

Anyway i feed sad for Shu but he had it coming. Gai coming back didnt make me love this show again but i have some interest now.

As for you Souta, COMMON HURRY UP AND DIE ALREADY.
Feb 16, 2012 4:33 PM

Jun 2009
This anime gets more absurd with each episode...

I guess the directors are trying to make all the supporting characters so unlikable that Shu somehow comes off as a good person in the end.

And I loved how surprised Shu got when the mechas shot the students who were trying to clear a path for him. What did he think was going to happen? Did he honestly think that everyone was going to out of there safely?
Feb 16, 2012 4:39 PM

Aug 2011
This episode fucked with my feelings. I was all excited and happy when Shu managed to save them, but then everyone just betrayed him like that D': and then Gai shows up which was all cool until he SLASHED SHU'S ARM OFF wth did they do to him.... O_O
Feb 16, 2012 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
i use to hate how helpless arisa was now shes freaking awesome! DIE SHOE!
Feb 16, 2012 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
I loved this episode....pretty much for its sheer amounts of WTF.

The battle scene was pretty cool. But even though I dislike Shu, I felt the other students' treatment of him was undeserved. Sure, he treated you like shit, but with the choice being that or dying, I certainly prefer the former. Also, Arisa is really turning into someone I don't like. Sure, she was attacked, but she took things too far in my opinion, and her "sleeping around" with that dude really lowered my opinion of her.

But anyway, white haired Gai is back and slashes off Shu's arm. What a perfect reunion.
5/5
Feb 16, 2012 5:03 PM
Feb 2012
italy said:
This episode fucked with my feelings. I was all excited and happy when Shu managed to save them, but then everyone just betrayed him like that D': and then Gai shows up which was all cool until he SLASHED SHU'S ARM OFF wth did they do to him.... O_O

Yeah, I agree...
I was hoping they would betray him before the start of the mission and realize they can't do anything without him, but betraying him afterwards is plain silly, since he wouldn't be able to do anything even if they just waltzed away and left him there...

My only concern is how the show will find closure. I'm really sad, since it just kicked into overdrive not long ago, but still. I don't really see a proper way out... or at least not without some kind of time travel, or third impact, or everything-magically-rebuilding, or sth. (I do hope they won't pull anything like these)
Feb 16, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
I don't even know what I just watched. Unfortunately, I'm starting to dislike this show more and more. This is not what I expected for this show at all...
Feb 16, 2012 5:06 PM

Sep 2007
Personally, Souta just annoys me. Even more so in this episode. This sorta technically all happened because of what Souta did a few episodes back.

Arisa also left me irritated. Desperation calls for desperate measures, but really?
Those two secret service guys (Nanba and that ponytail guy) were never good either. Not sure why Shu decided to trust them after everything that happened. :\
Feb 16, 2012 5:06 PM

Jan 2012
AnimeTroll1088 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
shadelol said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Plot holes?

welcome to guilty crown
this anime thrives on plot holes lol......

Ok, Yuu drew out Gai's void (which is able to draw out other voids when you shoot at someone, btw), then Gai used his void to draw out Inori's void. Finally, he cut Shu's arm (was totally not expecting that) by using Inori's void and got the genome.

Btw, I really loved Shu's initial reaction (facial expression) when he saw Gai, he was totally speechless.

Personnally, I felt Shu was not the best leader because he kept going through mood changes. One minute he's sad, then crazy, then serious/strict, then back to sad, he kind of went all over the place, in my opinion. But I did feel bad for him when they did the coup d'etat, you would think that they would be a bit more thankful.

I wonder how this show will end because I really thought Shu would have is power until the end and definitely not get his arm cut off 0_o
Feb 16, 2012 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

didn't you see that part where the other power of kings user(forgot his name) drawed out gais void beforehand
Yes I did but that the void itself can draw other Voids and not only do PEW PEW is surprising really.

Feb 16, 2012 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
`Holy shit... This was really an exciting show now... Gai is resurrected! Now.. So many WTFs is in my head I xan hardly thinking of anything to write about. But Gai doesn't seem like himself, this is entertaining but still terribly structured result.

So UN decided to destroy Japan? I laughed at the Aye and Noe stuff...

Shu is getting hated on A LOT, I didn't think they would hate him that much... Mob mentalility? and Ayase and Inori is seemingly the only ones who cares for him now
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 16, 2012 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
KyashiDesu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
hydrolase said:

I AGREE SO MUCH.
Shu should go batshit insane on those backstabbers like how Daryl murdered that mom in like... Episode 2 or something like that. I'd feel really satisfied, but that's not the kind of person Shu is...
Sadly no he is not but then again what stops him from VOID RAPING them? Right. Let's see one of Arisa, that one should be fun.

I really take back all I said bad of Shu and Inori. I repent gladly of that. Let's hope they don't anything displeasing to me after all this.

Feb 16, 2012 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
Kuhouin Arisa...that whore.

That's it...I hope they all die, including zombie Gai....except for Shu and Inori...and maybe Ayase and Tsugumi.
Estoy_GordoFeb 16, 2012 5:40 PM
Feb 16, 2012 5:27 PM
Dec 2010
I'm seeing lots of dead student in the next episode well they deserve it, Arisa might kill by zombie gai in the upcoming episode. i Can't wait to see the new power of shu, that glowing hand. shu need only one to be his side that's inori, let the backstabber just die.

check the preview of episode 18 =>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZsk-kgI9ks

from this preview shu and inori manages to escape. it seem we have inori and shu episode.

orion_momoFeb 16, 2012 5:54 PM
Feb 16, 2012 5:28 PM

Nov 2009
Well, they just turned Gai into the bad guy i guess? It appears everyone will get their turn at it. Shu mentioning his "King's Power" was rather annoying though. They gave him a line that made him sound as if he still was doing it for everyone, but in the end he still went insane.

NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!
Feb 16, 2012 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Japan is getting nuked AGAIN!!!??? Fuck Arisa that slut, I hope she dies. Also, Shu grow that super arm of your's to kick the shit out of Gai, he's been an asshole.

I am not feeling a thing for Inori, she's still so 2 dimensional, or even lower actually
Feb 16, 2012 5:35 PM

Jul 2011
First of all, everyone who didn't expect shu becoming a badass tyrant, please think about the titel of the anime, "guilty crown"
Second, in war it is necessary to sacrifice the weak for saving the strong. Not everyone likes that so they turn against the leader, everything logical.
I have hoped that shu would kill more useless schoolers instead of just threaten them, hmmmm...remind me of code geass more and more

By the way, the sattelite will destroy the B2 and threaten the UN.
As for gai, I think he was told that he could somehow save mana, which is his only goal, when he works together with the antibodys and the antibodys need strong voids for something. Also gai uses his own void to pull out inoris void but he need the kings power to use other voids.

Ahhhh...and for the end, inori sings her song and the cristals disappear.
Feb 16, 2012 5:40 PM

Mar 2010
Guilty Crown.. a show that went from cute super power high school anime to high school whores & crazy freakazoids. I don't like "end of the world" endings for animes, but I hope everyone dies. Everyone's personality change at the drop of a hat all the time.
Feb 16, 2012 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Orulyon said:

I think Hare´s spirit must be crying on her grave now. In my opinion, Ayase is the only one who can save Shu now. Shu got owned and lost everyone, and its about to loose Inori.

What? Inori is actually staying with Shu in the next episode. No reason to think otherwise.
shadelolFeb 16, 2012 5:43 PM
あなたが...それでも何も変化に耐え...しかし... ...場合に前方にも一歩を踏み出すなら...私は感じの何かが変更されるている、と...何か良い処理が 行われます!
Feb 16, 2012 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
shadelol said:
Orulyon said:

What? Inori is actually staying with Shu. No reason to think otherwise.

Didn't Inori get pierced by a large blade from her back? The odds of her surviving is 00000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% logically. But let's throw that out of the picture shall we?

Well yeah, that's his point, Ayase can save Shu I guess... No one else care about him anymore, I think he needs his revenge.
Feb 16, 2012 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:
shadelol said:
Orulyon said:

What? Inori is actually staying with Shu. No reason to think otherwise.

Didn't Inori get pierced by a large blade from her back? The odds of her surviving is 00000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% logically. But let's throw that out of the picture shall we?

Well yeah, that's his point, Ayase can save Shu I guess... No one else care about him anymore, I think he needs his revenge.

Go rewatch the episode! Gai used his void to draw Inori's sword, nothing pierced her physical body.
Feb 16, 2012 5:50 PM

Oct 2010
Kamui- said:
By the way, the sattelite will destroy the B2 and threaten the UN.
A) I hope it can detect stealth.

B)It better have some good defense because satellite missile can kill it and Shu's PEW PEW can if he combines Inori one with Daryl's along with getting his powers back.

Want to know how? Easy he slashes off Evil Shu's Arm, however that will make me sad since I like him very much for being a bad ass too.

Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.