Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2006
bastek66 said:

Thank you! I needed that gif °3°

This episode sure was awesome >.< the matches, the character reactions and even Arata showed up for a few minutes *-*

I can already rate 10/10 this anime , can't I?
Feb 18, 2012 6:13 PM

May 2010
Oh my god that was so intense. Aaaaaah Taichi!

Well, I fully support taichixchihaya, but if she's gonna screw around and go after arata when he turns up then I guess I'm just gonna have to go tiachixporky. Taichi must be happy. Taaaaaaichi. taaaaaaachi.
Feb 18, 2012 6:40 PM

Feb 2008
Such a wonderful episode!!! I am such a taichixchihaya shipper. Gah. But I usually ship the pair that won't go through. Hope to see some more good developments next episode! :)
-Kaori
~If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
---Niccolo Machiavelli~

Feb 21, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2008
OMG!!! these episodes keep tearing my heart out. It's so painful to see Taichi working so hard without getting any prize whatsoever. I've always been one to pick the side of the underdog which in this case is Taichi. And it's quite ironic how he, a good looking, popular a-grade student ends up being the underdog vs Arata and now also Nishida (atleast with karuta).

But in the end i care more about him ending up with Chihaya rather than him winning at karuta, but i do want him to win ofcourse. That being said, Chihaya needs to start paying better attention to Taichi, i feel so so sorry for him cause she's so oblivious to his feelings for her.

Arata just needs to back-of on anything love related and just keep playing karuta :p. I don't hate him, but i don't like him being an interference between Chihaya x Taichi.

So basically, I'm watching this to see Chihaya x Taichi, Taichi winning at karuta is just an added bonus :p.

Feb 21, 2012 7:03 PM

Apr 2008
It shouldn’t be a surprise that Chihayafuru has been able to maintain a high level of consistency throughout it’s run time. Through a realistic and likeable cast of characters, an engaging and fast-paced game of strategy and a generally uplifting message, there is enough to provide an engaging and entertaining experience for anyone. By the looks of it, we can hope to see a familiar face in the next episode, which will hopefully satisfy fans of the romance in this series.

Mar 6, 2012 5:03 PM

Jun 2011
Chihayafuru is such a lovely, relaxing show. However, this episode made me so nervous. In my mind I thought there was no possible way for Taichi to not rank up but THEN there suddenly was. D: Made me so sad. I use to love Arata but now I feel as though I could care less about the bitch. It's all about Chihaya's team now. If only miss Tatasu River would open her god damn eyes and really give Taichi some lovin'! This is going to be dramatic and I don't know how things are going to wrap up soooo quickly! EEEE, the thought makes me semi-nervous!
Mar 6, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2010
Most intense episode so far imo! It's one thing to know who you want to win automatically, but it's another when you're torn.... although I was leaning toward Taichi...

That scene in the car was hnnnnggghhhhh... but I AM ready for some Arata <3
Mar 12, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2012
Same thoughts with everyone!
Rivalry between Arata and Taichi will be somehow delayed because of this ><
Erm, I mean in karuta. Though it's obviously still rivalry, they won't be facing each other soon in master battle.
Doho, the journey to Queen is kinda far for Chihaya.
Mar 17, 2012 5:58 AM

Aug 2010
I was bawling and laughing at the same time omg favorite episode 5/5 10/10 needs a rewatch etc
Mar 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Oct 2009
RudeKoffing said:
I love this anime so much but kind of feel it's better without Arata.

This.
And...
Why...
why...
WHY TAICHI HAD TO LOSE? ;______________;
Yeah, sorry for that. But I really wanted him to finally rank up :(

And I love this anime so much! Even tought I was like "well... nothing special"...
I don't understand how could I think that XD
Apr 7, 2012 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
The ending was so funny! "I learn not to have expectations for you."

Oh and the scene between Chihaya and Taichi was cute as hell! >:)
May 4, 2012 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
I thought Taichi would win. Just his luck though.
May 11, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
Aw that was so sweet when Chihaya put Tacihi's head on her shoulder. :3

Taichi will definitely rank up next time! He's always so close. D:
HEY!
May 23, 2012 1:34 AM

Sep 2009
0.0 Why is this so good
Jun 16, 2012 8:43 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was surprisingly exciting!
Aug 10, 2012 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
At least Arata doesn't have to ruin Porky's life again.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 18, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
the match with Desk and Kana chan is amazing!!

Kana really improved ALOT!!

congratulations Kana and Desk!!

what the hell Chihaya wasn't focusing on the most important match!!

wow the match with Porky vs Taichi is freaking intense!!

it really sucks it has to end by luck, but taichi was on the offensive all throughout!

poor Chihaya being called Airhead on the background :(

what the hell how could she have forgotten the Sudo match!!

kyaa Taichi and Chihaya moments!!!!!!!

why the hell did you sleep Taichi!!!!!

so Pork knew Chihaya heard their conversation with Taichi :P

but i love how Taichi is just there sleeping XD

Arata is getting ready to be back in action!

gonna be intense!!

only 6 episodes left T__T

at least there's season 2!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2009
i died when she pulled taichis head over onto her shoulder. this is one of the very few shows that can drag me into a love triangle. i ALWAYS pick a guy but i love taichi and arata T^T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
great episode. too bad for taichi. he wanted to be A class for the master qualifier so much T.T

yay a few seconds of Arata. but i thought he talked a bit funny. has he always been talking that way ?
Mar 31, 2013 3:42 AM

Jun 2007
ZeroAkito said:
great episode. too bad for taichi. he wanted to be A class for the master qualifier so much T.T

yay a few seconds of Arata. but i thought he talked a bit funny. has he always been talking that way ?

Arata speaks in Fukui dialect, it's extremely different from Tokyo-ben and even your typical Kansai-ben. He's always talked like that though, you probably just never noticed. If you think back you should remember in the first few episodes they even bring it up, as the students in class make fun of him for it and he's ousted because of it.
May 13, 2013 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
Intense, loved the move Chihaya pulled.
So cute
May 24, 2013 9:35 PM

Jun 2011
Poor Taichi, really wanted him to win, but I guess it wasn't so bad for Nikuman-kun to win :) Arata!!!! He is going to join the West side, who will he battle first from the East side out of his friends I wonder??!! Kewl stuff <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 2, 2013 3:34 PM

May 2012
Damn that was a heavy match! Really great episode, liked the final battle, lets see what's next!
Jul 14, 2013 12:47 AM

Sep 2009
Aww' I really want to Taichi to win that but it's okay :/
Tehee~ I love the scene when Chihaya puts Taichi's head in her shoulder ^^
Aug 18, 2013 8:59 PM
Jan 2013
Kind of makes sense for Taichi to lose, since Chihaya lost. They're soul mates, so they share a destiny of trouble. Anyway, you can learn more from losing than you can from winning.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Dec 30, 2013 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
Man, this show keeps getting epicer (not a word, but sounds cool).
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 10, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

These tournaments are electrifying, but I agree with the idea that they should not be the main protagonists. There must be an alternation and unpredictability of situations, so I see it.
Plot touching, Chihaya will advance one step on the ladder that will lead to being a queen, in all senses, not just a talented player of Karuta.
Well, because in the end she is thanks to the talent that 90% managed to get allla category A! Instead, the club of his friends are people that have made ​​the butt to grow so much and good! : D
Narration pleasant and engaging, always takes me to 100%, even on the BGM and drawings.
Comedy really nice dives. Even naphthalene-kun is hilarious again.
Ah ~! Arata understands that he must get a move on, the world will not wait! ^ _ ^
May 13, 2014 2:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Desktomu and Kana move to Class C and Nishida to Class A.

The matches were very intense, and Nishida defender very well at the end of the match.

May 19, 2014 5:13 PM

Dec 2010
Taichi should've beaten Porky. This anime pisses me off :/
May 25, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
Damn.. Taichi lost to Nishida. Such bad luck :/
Nov 19, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
Both Nishida and Taichi are strong players, so I am not mad that Nishida won. Two A class players now. Lol @ how Arata was shocked to see the results.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 25, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2013
Lol at Chihaya calling Nishida and Komano by names.

Seriously, why is Arata even tagged as main character? The enxt episode is 20th and he got maybe 2% screen time.
Mar 12, 2015 3:39 PM

Oct 2013
Too bad for Taichi :( But, this episode was great. I'm glad they are doing so good. And Arata is finally interested :)
May 7, 2015 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
Taiiichiiii T_T
Sep 11, 2015 7:46 AM

Mar 2014
Not until the last card plays out .
Those who love the classical verses .. ~
Luck of the draw . Making up for what's lack . Relaxing leans .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
parfaited said:
bastek66 said:

Just fuck already!

Look at Chihaya's smug "bitch plz he's mine" face in that gif.

She's such a tease though. Taking advantage of the childhood friend status while all she talks about is Arata and anything Arata related. Taichi might've been a douche as a kid but dam, the poor guy doesn't deserve that kind of torture. Worst part is that she isn't doing it on purpose, just a really innocent child-like person : /
Nov 7, 2015 9:37 PM
May 2015
Kamono is going to be mejin in future, he play with logic and depends on statistic though he messed up in the crucial time. And we got to see Arata in the end!
Dec 29, 2015 2:27 AM

May 2013
sad for Taichi T-T
But, maybe it's better like this. When he'll win, it would be nice if it wasn't by "chance" :)
Jan 3, 2016 12:39 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
bakuramariks said:
RudeKoffing said:
I love this anime so much but kind of feel it's better without Arata.

I agree. Not hating or anything but he was absent for so long that i don't feel connected with him.

[spoiler]
ARGH! So bad for Taichi seeing his beloved Chihaya watching another match >.<
Girl, you're so dense with this stuff.

I lol'ed so hard! Finally she realized that Taich and Nishida are having one hell of a match! Better than the other.

I was wondering that too >.>

You'd have thought that Chihaya would have wanted to watch her next opponent, but I guess not.
Well, yeah, we have to see both of the matches not only the one, but it was frustrating to ignore Taichi's.

The pressure is building... The pressure is building...

... and hit sky high here! I love Taichi's expression here! The intensity is amazing! He was the predator...

... and Nishida the prey.

Just another pic of Taichi's lovely intensity in his eyes xD.

KYAAAAAAAAAA!!! Why did you have to sleep in that moment? Why?! Never being a fangirl, but i love them both together, so i can't help myself. This was absolutely adorable![/spoiler]

I RAGED! I screamed! I CURSED! ARGHHHHHHH! When Taichi lost i was "WTF?!". Oh, well.
This episode truly deserves 5/5

I honestly thought he was gonna wake up. Man Taichi </3

Taichi, not sure if it's because Arata being absent, or good guys finish last or whatever.. or deep into friendzone, but I'm voting for you. FIGHT. Osu.
Aug 28, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad, episodes 17,18,19 were pretty good, but i think since the introduction of the Queen i feel that she raised the bar and now those regular matches feel not so interesting, if there are no more Queen in the next episodes I'm going to be disappointed.
Aug 28, 2016 6:07 PM

Aug 2014
Klassical said:
Not bad, episodes 17,18,19 were pretty good, but i think since the introduction of the Queen i feel that she raised the bar and now those regular matches feel not so interesting, if there are no more Queen in the next episodes I'm going to be disappointed.

Don't worry mate; you won't be disappointed.
Aug 28, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2014
YEROCKY said:
Klassical said:

Don't worry mate; you won't be disappointed.

I envy Ayase.

I too want to play the Queen,,

Oct 22, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
the intense episode/// Kana and Nishida win... hoping to see a match against Arata soon
Apr 19, 2017 9:23 AM

Feb 2008
What a depressing conclusion to a match. Mashima must have felt dreadful, losing due to RNG is the worst possible outcome. At least he got to sleep on Chihaya's shoulder.

Still, the episode was beautiful, as always.
Apr 22, 2017 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Kana and Nishida won.
Jul 11, 2017 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
Ah, this episode like many has fallen spiel for the 'eastern trap' of looking inwards for strength and innovation... As long as I play my own game, I will win... I disagree. You learn from your enemies like Desktomu/Taichi was actively doing (thinkers/researchers which are not grouped strongly as attack [Ayase], well rounded [Nishida] or defensive [Kana] etc.), you revise your tactics and mercilessly pummel their weaknesses. Hence the reason as a whole, Ayase lost. Instead of emphasising the importance of being worried and actively changing your rhythm to the circumstances they choose to focus on how a break in focus is the only factor in losing the game.

I was hoping Desktomu would win, because he hasn't been the most successful of the group, and he clearly takes losing a lot harder than Kana. I am sure they are waiting til the end of the season to have him shine. However it cannot be denied that her victory was used as a plot device to let Ayase see the flaws of using your speed at the expense of higher faults.

When you become a master, then your own game is basically as an extremely flexible player that actively cycle through tried and tested tactics against opponents. Going against an extremely quick first syllable spammer? Move your one syllable closer, guard them, mix them in with different syllables and hope they make faults...
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Aug 27, 2017 3:39 AM

Nov 2016
Intense episode and I honestly didn't know who I should root for.

In the end Kanade and Porky made it, but Tsutomou and Taichi were close.

Loved the part when they were driving back in the car.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 1, 2017 6:12 AM

Aug 2017
The play between Taichi and Nishida was quite interesting. Glad that Arata showed up at the end . I want to see Chihaya and Arata playing against each other .
Nov 29, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
I had no idea who to cheer for in this episode.

That sudden death was intense af!

Chihaya’s reaction to Taichi and Porky’s conversation was hilarious.
Apr 30, 2018 4:19 AM
May 2013
i fully agree with what's been said about arata; he's been away for so long i totally lost my connection to him. that being said, my love for the group just keeps growing more and more.

i feel really sad for taichi though, in all aspects, really.
he works so hard and yet it always seems like he's falling behind :(
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.